• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Soda and Potions: A Story of Fantasy Rivalry

Characters
Here
]
114770a58d45218f1f2be31d65fafc6b.jpg

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Nadia

Things were escalating at a frightening pace and the normally strong willed Mermaid couldn't help but feel a bit left out and vulnerable. J'Kyon seemed to have 'joined' up with the boss, even giving him one of her nicer ships to serve as a factory and flagship and now a small armada of ships was springing up around them, filled with crazy Pearl addicts willing to do the bosses bidding if it got them another sip of it. More and more mermaids flocked to him, to gain work, to be close to the sea, to... Nadia wasn't sure what was happening. What was the end game? Was the boss trying to become a pirate warlord? Trying to amass a grand fleet and power using the power of the 'Holy Powder' rather then coin? Was he seeking to couple this with an army of mermaids to ensure the domination of the sea was complete? Or was all of it just smoke and mirrors? A distraction or perhaps a means to some greater, more evil, end that she cannot even begin to understand?

Nadia cast her bright eyes out across the horizon as the salty air washed over her and she breathed it in deep, trying to call upon the sea to calm her nerves... What had she gotten herself into? She prided herself as a fighter, as strong and knowing what to do and when, but... Should she leave? Run away from this building nightmare or did she stick it out and see where the path led? Either she'd be rich or dead at the end of this, and she wasn't even sure if it would be a good death or dying to some insane experiment of the boss. She tucked a lock of her dark hair up and behind her ear as she mulled it over. Could she even leave now? What if he took her leaving as a sign of weakness and made an example of her to the others? He always seemed to 'happy' when more and more people flocked to his banner, what would he do when people started to leave?

No, she would see it out, at least for now. But they would need more guards, she'd need people she could trust, people that she could rely on, at least, until they too became attached to Minosa Pearl and started to be drawn into whatever collective madness this was... "I need a raise."

Perks
Port - Bonus to supply for other regions, Bonus to Positive Events
Possible Evil Mage of Dastardly Deeds - Bonus in Negative Events

Production
Pirate Ship Factory
Journeyman Tools

Employees
Workers [45 total]
2 Gelatinous Cube
2 Orc
2 Goblin
3 Human
3 Kobold
3 Skeleton
30 Mermaid

Guards [6 total]
6 Mermaid

Employee Salary
High

Gold Reserve

Investors
Dread Pirate J’Kyon - 10%

Owned Land
Small Factory - Leased Out

Actions
1. Nadia will hire more Mermaid Guards [9 more]

2. Turn a few of the more trustworthy captains of the smaller vessels into 'Brand Ambassadors' and have them sail to new ports to sell and advertise Minosa Pearl

The Fizz Company
Fizz Compound, Council of Grihaas
Workers(20) | Double Efficiency
5 Human Workers
5 Orc Workers
5 Goblin Workers
5 Elf Workers

Guards(6)
3 Human Guards
3 Orc Guards

Ingredients
Ysrendelle canes

Perks
Bonus to Local Sales(Council of Grihaas)

Employee Salary
Slightly Above Average

Products
Fizz Cola Original, 1st Edition

Gold Reserves

Facilities
Large Factory
Medium Factory

Order 1: Security, Schemes, and Protection
4 Orc Guards(120 gold) and 2 Goblin Guards(80 gold) were hired. The Orc Adventurer Darlam RageFist was asked to serve as "intimidation" in exchange for a lifetime supply of Fizz Cola and a guarantee to be one of the first testers of the upcoming "Fizz Cola Extreme" which is much sweeter.

Order 2: Distribution, Retail, and Expansion
Another exhibition was conducted for regional distribution rights for Fizz Cola but this time the company has more leverage to raise the bidding price and it is expected for it to be fiercer due to the performance of the last season.

It was well received by the retailers and generated massive profits as seen by the report publicized by Sherlock Moriarty. However, there is a gap in the distribution network and whoever grasps regional distribution/manufacturing rights is expected to have massive profits.

Sherlock Moriarty also wishes, with the help of the nobleman Henry Dangers, to connect with the Human Councilor, Holly Silverson. Sherlock hopes for the councilor to support the Fizz Company. As an incentive, Sherlock offers to directly reward Holly with one of the regional distribution rights, directly skipping the bidding process with other merchants. He also floated the idea of the Fizz Company possibly sponsoring Holly in the next Council election.

1657250133828.png
[Post Theme]
Continued Expansions
Siu

• WIP

Soda and Potions: A Story of Fantasy Rivalry

13QeDc8Jm1PnsZfusHrn2dkRXapz20RgucJP0c9V1Eh3oiNFwNLIcKeCVNnzdwTzbY6iixeVk15nkxk-Bc5CpOxbSbQHNcX8u8CaPVcs1hViOKVMzPV6Ry5-GiUNoCxNiazvO2merZ88-ultFA

YEAR 1, TURN 4: Summer

Mr Xexion read the most recent news reports from all of the civilized countries in the Realm of Rodaxear. He was very pleased at all of the various tidbits of information that he was coming across.

Things were going well. Some companies were completely gaining control of the industries in their regions, while others were now under fierce competition with their immediate rivals.

Would they crush their enemies? Or would they instead form an uneasy normalcy of competition. He chuckled at the endless possibilities.

Though what got his attention was in fact two companies. The Fizz Company for how well they are dominating not only the industry, but also for how well they seem to be gaining control of the government. And Reginald’s Private Reserve for how they are beginning to gain a supremacy on the waters, which should help him crush the competition just through piracy.

So deliciously delightful. This Venture was quickly becoming his favorite thing.

Valley Gorge
PzeQkEE9iZPujhAja441Eh64F_5SRiMctkWOoJ3LlBeO_rO2MtgrX0aTzoyTjbCuhhKqGAiiiFVJCKWwGWpTXXg-niQlDmiFQQIyc8XKsfBmbWaR67Q_pnh2X5oHbOiepcC7gaoqquWxV0KzVA

Eridium Bubblers Co.

The soda machines were selling almost so fast that it was hard to keep up on refilling them. But that was indeed why it was important that they began to hire a substantial amount of new employees for their company. It would help them grow and expand and to multiply their sales at an almost rate of pure ecstasy.

At least, that had been the plan. A Giant group of Bandits not only heavily damaged the production line, but then set up road blocks in order to keep the goods trapped within the nearby town. If this wouldn't be taken care of, it could seriously hurt sales.

The Notorious Bandit King has set up shop with 30 Bandits and 1 Ballista.

The ADventuring Parties managed to get ahold of some Verdant Root (Tastes Spicy when ground up) and D’oox Flowers (Add a bitter, but robust taste).

Current Net Gain for the Summer: 150Gold

Minosa

tLK9Nbuiwae6hsksNWt8dnAO5_lSb7ag89MBlpK0boil5AbRzdF90z4UIqPF2dafy1IN1xYDOPuJP7s7UuDFm7qfRJ8JSrkU09BkLiQWRy-96xKaMrpzw91sCcoAgG4I_3fUWSLSUhENhAGA2A

Reginald’s Private Reserve

More Guards were hired in order to give better protection. Not a bad idea considering that not only were they now amongst the waves, but that a fair share of those around them were pirates or pirate sympathizers.

Was this dangerous and mysterious mage turning Pirate? Was he trying to conquer the seas? Was he going to raid coastal city after coastal city?

These were the thoughts that wandered through the minds of those that knew of the massive fleet that lingered about. It worried them. It was said that the many mermaids that were part of the crews of these vessels were bathed in daubarchy and lived a hard life of crime. In fact, these rumors caused some coastal cities to begin souping up their own defensive fleets in order to have an answer, just in case they were as rowdy as they were believed to be.(Decrease Sales from other countries)

Those that were not as affected by these dirty and dangerous rumors, were instead welcoming of the Brand Ambassadors that were sent to them. (Gain bonus to sales in the Council of Griihass and the University of SpellHard)

Current Net Gain for the Season: 180 Gold

The Dead Lands
YS58Ec3fdbZTK6xOeYEC6d9PhwT3VUNyKm8RRGdPFnu8M2lhFkNHXqJyOqx2wLcGsB7MiDZ6-8eW9WIvtLUm7PNx6hKXmItAJDyDO1IOobXmYsOf9ouCANR0MF56OPfhU_vQEhgcZgtnNll2JA

Devilishly Fine Soda and Potions

Death Root, it seems that when mixed with Pure White Berries and Earthen Mound, can be a powerful poison that will kill someone within a matter of hours. It has no known cure. But gathering all three ingredients in the past, has proven difficult by poisonmakers.

The Extended Youth Advertisements have had their effect. The people began buying even more under their banner. It even seemed to bring more undead along for the ride, even though the overall advertisements didn’t have too much to work with. But isn’t that what advertisements truly are for? (Increase in Local Sales)

If this kept up, their rival would become nothing but a footnote in the sales of soda.

Many began spouting the health benefits of Extended Youth within other lands, leaching off sales from those locations. (Steal Sales from other Regions. As a free action each turn, pick one location and gain additional sales from it)

Net Gain 200 GP

University of SpellHard

d5VXPEc5u1BrrMvNXqWkcyi1LlESqzqZU0HyyEMSfb_S6PtzPJpVvr6IjSy20ko7XH1xATRD1AD1Aa_hXSfBwRd9aVdgjt3VjtenE8BwPuwt9EwMlS3z-IcXTJBp3E-826Wt8dIf_wsA-N0jRw

Wicked Brew

Wicked Brew was doing extremely well ever since they expanded their building space and began to hire more guards to help defend their assets. With his generous donations to the board and university itself, it was almost as though he had never left the Board and changed himself into a morphing blob of magic from a huge and powerful dragon.

The students appreciated the academic achievements and those within the cult, all the lessons on magic that they were gaining from the Great Dragon, himself!

4 more Mage Interns joined up. (1 Human, 1 Elf, 2 Kobolds)

5 more workers joined up with the inner workings of the Brew Cult

Net Gain: 400 GP

Duster Energy

Net Gain: —

The Churchocracy of Oupital

qqRwPj6uBbUQMb2iQk8ekxj3BmwnXThd0yC9Y1yLVk_XcYyuKNARMbW5ZVQgD-6BC6KnQkTvH4labgHkkkSRrk4jRHrWPHNxrMDV1eH19i50C0QGayyB1u8qeotZRo47cLtgIeSiJjn5KQKqNw

Mist Bubbles Sodas & Teas LLC

New Ingredients within the Churchocracy, that is what the adventuring parties were to find. And find them they did. They managed to find two new ingredients, Fungus Gungus (Tastes a bit fruity and sweet) and Finnigan’s Grapes (Strangely Sour and Tart).

The marketing research helped make sure that the company was better able to to tailor drinks and selling styles to those that live within the Churchocracy better. The people and church officials seem far easier to manipulate within this research than one would have thought. Perhaps it goes hand in hand with their extreme devotion to their way of life above all others and with it, the supremacy of humanity. (Increase local sales greatly)

2 Mimic Workers and 2 Mimic Guards find their way to the Mimic Factory to join the cause.

Net Gain: 280

10 by 10 Co
Any that were foolish enough to try to breach the walls of the 10 by 10 Company, did not make it out. Soon enough, the stories began to spread. Some believed it was demons and darkness (Though those were very quickly shot down by the church and the Red Robes), some believed that they became part of the working staff one way or the other and other still believed that it was those dangerous cubes that ran amok that are in fact killing those who dare to enter the walls of the factory uninvited and especially after hours. (Huge Deterrent to thieves and spies.)

The people, however, still managed to have a love for the drink themselves, though ones that knew, preferred to not think about things such as the conditions of the interior of the factory. A place of danger and unsanitary darkness. But still, a place that has produced great and delicious things.

Net gain: 245 GP

Council of Grihaas

4RkwneK6981BFHRpi73jZWw6FzgqWJsLOn0wzyn6EAbQX0vEWwq2BPFNhBlbIp1-o5pGqHBSpaVnadHxh8MjUjCCkODcV4QwKTk0BiwUuyp6xzzghT9rQs72lfAo_78O0io0JNQ2fiJwWQh3XQ

The Fizz Company

The newly hired protection was doing well so far, though it was of the expensive variety. A lifetime supply of Fizz for the noble Orc Adventurer would do well to keep all but the most ardent or sneaky snake thieves away at this point in time. But perhaps those that would be willing to go to all out war might just do the trick. Or not. He is a strong and powerful adventurer.

The exhibition moved even better this time around than last time. People were rising to the true top for distribution and manufacturing of the product. 4 Major people of industry fought for the chance to come out on top for the rights.

Gallids Hannigan (Human)
Oordu U’Nurs (Goblin)
Tullyman (Skeleton)
Havana (Human)

IN the meanwhile, Holly Silverson takes up the call on the words of Henry Dangers and picks up Distribution Rights.

Net Gain: 400 GP​

10 by 10 Co

images

Products
Secret Soda (Earthen Mound)
Secret Cream Soda (Earthen Mound/ White Mana)

Employees:
23 Gelatinous Cube Workers
2 Human Workers
6 Human Guards
7 Kobold Guards
5 Goblin Guard
2 Orc Guard
5 Inquisitors
1 Red Priest

Ingredients
Earthen Mound: A strange tasting Macha flavour

Perks
White Mana
Huge Bonus to Local Sales
Additional Defence from Attacks to the building or employees (Workplace Vigilance Scheme)
Bonus to Local Commoner sales
Bad Publicity

Wages
Low

Price
Average

Finances
485 (185)

Specials
Engulf (Gelatinous Cube)

As a free action per turn player may roll a d100 to search for unpaid or enemy units with Gelatinous Cube's.
On a roll of 70+, enemy units are revealed and engulfed by a cube. The owning player may attempt an escape on their next turn by performing a dice roll (12+ on d20). If unsuccessful unit becomes an ingredient.
A modifier is applied to the roll for each Gelatinous Cube present at work.
If the Engulf roll is failed or there are no enemy units present, own units are engulfed

Guards are now Lawless

I have seen the stuff of nightmares this eve, and it chills me to the bone. I lay still in my cot and stare at the ceiling, the notion of sleep the furthest thing from my mind, as I know, the moment I close my eyes, I will see that damning yellow gaze upon me.

By putting quill to parchment I hope to expunge this turmoil from my mind. And my soul.

Hours ago, I walked these halls as usual, picketing the factory for any and all misdemeanours but all was quiet this eve. This was not unusual, for most gather on the factory floor to go about their pitiable profession, leaving the corridors to my fellow brothers and the 'Guards'. I should perhaps have realised something was off, with the plaintive protectors more riotous as of late, however it was strangely silent as I underwent my patrol.

As I turned past the Locker Room, an incongruous sight caught my eye, the faintest glimmer of lights like fireflies at dusk. Intrigued, I rounded the corner only to be set upon by a most ungodly vision as before me hovered a ghoulish goblin in the middle of the hall, it's tiny claws pointing upwards as if towards the heavens. With momentary disbelief, I looked at the sight before me as golden lights glimmered and danced around the creature, circling it like a halo as it levitated in the air. My knees wavered for only a moment as I stared at the vision, until the sight of bubbles caught my attention. Watching as the Goblin tried gasping for air, my gaze caught his, and I realised what I was witnessing.

I have met the Master of this lot, the effervescent evil that stalks these corridors, it's blasphemous build glued to each and every wall of this walkway as it turns on it's compatriots.

The Goblin's eyes shifted from side to side as the rest of him remained frozen within, his godless gaze falling up me. The abject terror the creature felt was easily apparent, it's eyes screaming for help as its body sizzled and burned away from within. I lament for the previous occupants of this establishment as I know what I now see surely befell them too, as the unwashed unfortunate before me both drowns and burns in the slowest agony. With every shift and undulations of the Cube, I see the Goblin wince as it little bit of it melts away as the vast fortune the Cube carries becomes a sheet of silver and gold at its feet as it waits between the walls.

I raised my staff in defiance of the beast, and for a moment I saw hope in the Goblin eyes. But I was hastily reminded of my teachings and the Tenets of this Land, and so I lowered my staff and simply walked away.

I detest myself for my lack of conviction, as I afforded the creature one last look, a pitying glance for the luckless thing only for it's damning yellow gaze to be seared within me as I left it to it's fate.

I shall seek council with my brothers tomorrow on what I have witnessed but my putting this to paper, I hope to have at least afforded myself the opportunity to sleep...

Faith before Fellowship
Bliss be to the Enlightened Church

Churchocracy Eternatum

Inquisitor Consolus

Free Actions:
Engulf: Successful (93)
No enemy units present, Own units Engulfed (Goblin Guard)

Actions
Gelatinous Cube's are infused with White Mana and may now resurrect discharges into Geleton Worker(s): (Slow Speed/ Average Work)
Adventuring Parties are offered the sum of 300G to promote new flavours of Secret Soda, fee payable after successful interview and tour of facilities...

𝓓𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓱𝓵𝔂 𝓕𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓢𝓸𝓭𝓪 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓟𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼
𝓜𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓢𝓾𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓗𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝓯 𝓪 𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵'𝓼 𝓒𝓱𝓸𝓲𝓬𝓮!​

"Remember, you are to not let any of the other workers know what you are and what I hired you to do," Trilroxan looked at his newest hire, the orc saboteur Kebub. "And be sure to get to Mano Y Mano's as quick as you can, I want their production crippled."

"Aye aye boss, but I better be getting paid some proper good wages for this! I don't like this sneaky stuff you are having me do, I prefer to be loud and proud about it!" the orc grinned wildly, fingering the knife hidden on his side.

"You will be paid more than my usual guards, that is something which I will confirm for you. Succeed in your task and I will see to it that a bonus is received, but fail and, well, I won't have to worry about it anymore now, will I?" the demon smiled, taking a seat at his desk and pouring a glass of brandy for himself. "Now go, I will attempt to contact you within the month to ensure your survival."

The orc left, grumbling about annoying bosses and what he wished he could do with them, all the while not knowing that Trilroxan heard every word and was doing his utmost to not unleash his full strength to annihilate the mouthy bastard. With a deep sigh he restrained himself once more and drained his glass, pouring another afterwards and stepping up to his overview window. Only something like nine months within this realm and he had accomplished far more than he had ever expected to, although he would need to find an illusionist or an enchanter to create him an object to conceal his true form eventually. It wouldn't do to allow his workers to wonder why he wasn't having his curse broken now that they were beginning to make a larger profit, even if he was taking a smaller wage than them.

"Cheers gentlemen and women, for you are supporting me in my takeover far too readily," the demon drained his glass once more before setting it down and turning back to his paperwork, picking up the new soda proposed by his brewers and smiling.

Actions
Send Orc Saboteur to Mano Y Mano PopNDrops

Create new product 'Sour Youth' using Death Root and Pure White Berries

Workers
12x Skeletons
6x Orcs
2x Humans
2x Goblins
2x Kobolds

Guards
2x Skeleton
2x Human
2x Kobold
2x Goblin

Saboteurs

1x Orc

Ingredients
Pure White Berries - The Pure White Berries tasted almost sickeningly sweet. It seems to have a good effect on Arthritis, High Blood Pressure and Infertility.
Death Root - It tastes like sour pickles and crumbles easily unless taken with the most delicate touch.

Products
Extended Youth - Pure White Berries - 45 silver
Sour Youth - Pure White Berries, Death Root - 50 silver

Current Funds
226 Gold

Trilroxan Personal Funds
12 Gold

Pay
Total: 194

Wicked Brew
Wicked Brew HQ.jpg

WIP

Actions
1. Hire Seasoned Adventuring Party: Brew Knights (200)
2. Expand Internship Program with more materials and resources (100)​

Factory
2 Rooms + Small Factory

Tools
Masterwork

Pay
Above Average

Workers
2x Human (2 Brew Cult)
3x Elves (3 Brew Cult)

Interns
12x Humans
5x Elves
4x Goblins
2x Kobolds

Guards
6x Human (5 Brew Cult)
6x Kobold (6 Brew Cult)

Ingredients
Dragon’s Breath - Red extremely spicy fruit that goes well for both Students and Orcs. (Local Sales Bonus)

Perks
Local Sales Bonus
Magic Lessons (Happiness Boost even at Lower Pay)
Blue Mana
Red Mana

Products
Dragonrush (Original Dragon's Breath Flavor)
Frostwyrm (Cool Dragon's Breath - Blue Mana)
Inferno (Super Spicy Dragon's Breath - Red Mana)

Coffers
410 Gold
-200 (Seasoned Adventuring Party)
-100 (Internship Program Upgrades)
= 110 Gold​

Eridium Bubbler’s Co.
Action 1: Attempt to hire the Bandit King and his workers for Eridium Bubbler's Co. T
Action 2: Create new flavored sodas with Verdant Root and D’oox Flowers.

Current Funds: 682

Worker Paycheck: 7G
Guard Paycheck: 9G

Regi

As Regi gazed out across the railing to the open water and the numerous ships that trailed in the wake of his own and took it all in, it was almost too much. There were so many people willing to follow him, and in some small way, love him that it was overwhelming. How did he go from having no one to having so many? Yet he couldn't shake the feeling that he was just as isolated as before, if not even more so. While the crew still played and pranked one another, including the Mermaids taking particularly pleasure in 'Mammal tipping' where they wait until they are close to the rail and knock them into the ocean. But whenever Regi came around, the games and talk stopped as if they were all afraid of gaining his attention. Were they now afraid that if they did anything around him they would make him no longer like them? Was there such a thing as too popular? Was this some infernal curse from above? The harder he tried to escape the isolation, the more isolated he became? Regi leaned against the rail as pain shot up his malformed leg, there had to be a way to change that. There had to be.

Perks
  • Port - Bonus to supply for other regions, Bonus to Positive Events​
  • Possible Evil Mage of Dastardly Deeds - Bonus in Negative Events​
  • Brand Ambassadors - Bonus to sales in the Council of Griihass and the University of SpellHard​
  • Intimidating - Decrease Sales from other countries​

Production
Pirate Ship Factory
Journeyman Tools

Employees
Workers [45 total]
2 Gelatinous Cube
2 Orc
2 Goblin
3 Human
3 Kobold
3 Skeleton
30 Mermaid

Guards [15 total]
15 Mermaid

Employee Salary
High

Gold Reserve

Investors

Owned Land

Actions
1. Create Mermaid's Kiss
[Coconut - Holy Powder - Fish Oil]

2. Request [or purchase] training from J'Kyon and her pirates in how to properly sail ships so they, and their brand ambassadors, can defend themselves on the open seas.

1659927772519.png

A New Leaf
Siu

• WIP (will do back log as well)

The Fizz Company
Fizz Compound, Council of Grihaas
Workers(20) | Double Efficiency
5 Human Workers
5 Orc Workers
5 Goblin Workers
5 Elf Workers

Guards(6)
3 Human Guards
7 Orc Guards
2 Goblin Guards

Ingredients
Ysrendelle canes

Perks
Bonus to Local Sales(Council of Grihaas)

Employee Salary
Slightly Above Average

Products
Fizz Cola Original, 1st Edition

Gold Reserves

Facilities
Large Factory
Medium Factory

Order 1: Vampirism, Development, Support
A preliminary partnership with the vampires has already been established through the Vampire Princess. The Soda Company wishes to expand on this partnership further and go ahead with the development of a Fizz Cola that can be drunk by vampires.

180 gold budget has been allocated for this endeavor. (No idea if this will all be spent, but that's the budget for R&D)

Order 2: Campaign, Election, Council
Election for the seats of the Council of Grihaas is fast approaching. As the face and brain of the Fizz Cola, Sherlock Moriarty made a shocking announcement that he will run for Councilor.

He will tap on the massive fame and influence of the Fizz Cola on the masses to ensure his victory.

"Let's Fizz the Country Up!" He exclaimed at his press conference where he announced his candidacy.

He is supported by Henry Dangers and established a political alliance with Human Councilor Holly Silverson and Vampire Councilor Marwan Brimrose. Should they win the election, they will have a majority in the Council.

500 gold budget has been allocated for this endeavor. (No idea if this will all be spent, but that's the budget for the campaign.)

rv0W0vA_Z_QU53coBk5oiQ62w5jG7Lmk9_c_tid1XZ0C6tIlT5yyCxuXaRwcyO5Y8Z57Gcrk366TIsnfVg6d9N-h42ekiCvUnJ1YNGKE5XobWhiCIXg8cofZBOx3cOBSMVUvweTZ5TYOFF701AG2LQ

YEAR 2, TURN 5: Fall

Mr Xexion read the most recent news reports from all of the civilized countries in the Realm of Rodaxear. He was very pleased at all of the various tidbits of information that he was coming across.

Things were going well as the ventures of the Soda Wars were turning into their second year of business. It was a glorious thing that it had not only managed to keep going, but also that they have been thriving into a second year of adventure in the industry.

Some had taken to this much better than others, but already, major footholds have been set up and footholds have been placed. Only time will tell if other companies will breach these barriers that have been set up

Valley Gorge
PK68ye0OjZffLh_YdcnDi_-c8dMsXbqy-KyFzLqfeF27JPkzE10ir05OuvoVCSSAfxft9KVq6i62UAsKMVUWBpum4UjFHkixDPAnFxuDrYDGGcNRAugcpJh9zQLum-ASxw7NFlZkwD4549BaxRQTFQ

Eridium Bubblers Co.

The Bandit King was intrigued by the offer and joined the company in exchange for 600 Gold from the coffers. The Bandit King and his forces are now assets of the Company's defenses against any outward attacks from competitors or those that would do the company harm.

The new flavored soda with Verdant Root and D’oox Flowers were a big success. With these new flavors, the entire region have become fanatics for the Eridium Bubblers Co and their products. It would be difficult for another company to encroach in on their lands to make a profit.

There is talk of shoring up the coastline to protect from invading Roaming Pirate Forces of Reginald’s Fleet. Especially since word has arrived that any who drink from his reserve, drink nothing else…..

Current Net Gain for the Fall: -390 Gold

Minosa

xLtnmQVSlf_GDXXnHvqrDwCTSTQ0iEokRDlLj3CrBI6M7FfKmNh4uTNfhyElFyUIoGiG2W9H9rduJzDb4SIjWZkrgTjnubgES6NYFD9hhWe8V0h73mJc6uvdha0CsRG5iE6Eo71JB4iC8XHMczimDg

Mermaid’s kiss was especially popular with actual mermaids. More so than anyone else. The population of mermaids were becoming infatuated with Reginald and his posse. IN fact, Reginald had acquired a bunch of mermaid groupies that seemed to want to spend all of their time with him, to the detriment of getting any work done whatsoever.

J’Konn and her pirates trained those of Reginald’s Private Reserve so that they could not only sail the ships with ease, but that they could also defend themselves on the open seas.

The Drinks have begun to “Invade” all open ports. The people who have ingested the drinks can’t seem to get enough. The flavors and the ecstasy that they bring seem to double repeat customers. SOme people from more conservative lands are being scared away. But numbers don’t lie. The money is rolling in despite setbacks.

Current Net Gain for the Season: 242 Gold

The Dead Lands
QBKvI-QG-jEBrGIJhQyDwdICFtKdCJUDzcbsBWEPBz19ADOCuhusI4wQa87_xJsHrB9kfr5NJgqRhYXqQZ2MCmMLQmhz4hPIJ_uIgRq6nWS4KpkLdI63Nq4JWKcYx3hAWXvaeOHVVW175PU_XB2kFw

Under mysterious circumstances, Mano y Mano Pop N Drops had a complete collapse of their factory lines. It is not known what has happened, only that the machinery has failed spectacularly and the resultant explosion had seen the disappearance of the head of the company. (Increase in Sales)

Sour Youth has become a hot commodity among the youth, even as health issues have begun to be experienced from the main product. It seems that those who have too much of the drink experience a variety of poor symptoms including Vomiting, Nausea, Hallucinations.

There is a growing movement that has been saying that a rival company has been poisoning the stock of their favorite brand of Soda.

Net Gain 68 GP

University of SpellHard

0H7tp8zFOfa8uqpuLj8GgOPQupyzq5OnQixvtcuVMGUGBteOSjqPhlBwFeb8akGtXybLQzc8TPblwQhym0YbFl5gk7FAC8n_qk5V0HQ0CM51NZZi7bBqEXLk5UvcVRfsAWtcWnGLx0ewMGiCy7J5RA

Wicked Brew

The numbers are in and the popularity of not just the soda, but the mythic nature behind the Dragon that rules it all is continuing to grow and mount. It is becoming very much a cult like situation, further growing as the internship program continues to blossom within the walls of the very factory that houses the product.

6 more Mage Interns joined up. (2 Human, 2 Goblin, 2 Kobolds)

5 more workers joined up with the inner workings of the Brew Cult

The Brew Knights scoured about and managed to uncover God Weed. It looks like green honeycombes surrounding a cylindrical hard plant that tastes bitter on the outside and fruity and sweet on the inside.

Net Gain: 223 GP

Duster Energy

The Gobbo Spysniffer gets to work and manages to already keep out at 3 separate student infiltrators. Two seemed to be mostly harmless nerds that wished to get into the Harpies dressing rooms, but the third, that one seemed to be there for actual espionage. And that was put to a hard stop before it could begin.

Biff and Regina succeeded in making sure that the “Cool Kids” the ones that performed the hardcore magics and even those of business majors were pulled into enjoying the drink. Not for the ascetic. But based on the actual taste, generating a greater income and increasing the influence in the school.

Wicked Brew has a strong cult following, but now, Duster Energy was making itself much more accessible and people “In the Know” were now onboard.

Net Gain: 118 Gold

nJRLCrrhp5qen-6jwQCB_mN1HpJNan24ImNSWkk_E4CNG-IDME3sZdoASPFTnvxYQvLFcV8yUJbFXz2Kg0QGXr-Ym-4Y2opCSq4FZCx5Wb9sOHzE00BrtRs8aRxs658TknTXeWhfxea2mUe5p8PWJQ

The combination of the new three ingredients crafted a drink that some were calling Divine as though it was a gift from the Most Holy themselves. No one called it that out loud of course. As that would be blasphemous. But the numbers rolling in were clear and quite obvious for any who looked around.

The drink was solid and the fluids ran freely. As freely as they could in such a land.

There was a large abandoned factory for sale for 600 Gold near one of the major churches in the city.

Net Gain: 341

10 by 10 Co

The Gelatinous Cube Infusions were a huge success and it was now possible for them to discharge 2 Geleton Workers for each unit engulfed. Somehow the Infusion of the magic would allow them to duplicate the individuals that would be ingested inside.

The Adventuring Parties were spreading the word and promoting the drink in their travels, allowing it to spread far and wide the virtues and taste of such a delightful beverage. (Increase Sales from Other Nations)

However, it seemed that some Gelatinous Cubes managed to escape out of the factory and killed all the residents of a nearby Pub. It was quickly covered up, so no harm was done to the reputation of the Company with the people, but the Church is not happy with the results and has ordered restitution to be paid of 350 Gold Coins.

Gain 16 Geleton Workers

Net gain: 314 GP

Council of Grihaas

pmaHa7b8honX-OdmDLq9RNgXbC-_UweAhg-Wv1YdssfzERrPEG2KwrXUkVcaH1FG4iTUdqFON8q-qbgOMABsToeyCPWjus9_ANtrPtIOcgmyscnOlZkumeqnUOq3xomaSx3Z_qBeMybqvxlBBkTuUA

The Fizz Company

A drink that Vampires could ingest is made and quickly flies off the shelves at the markets from the distributors. It doesn’t take long before word spreads of a drink that Vampires could not only safely ingest, but that tastes good to boot. (Increase in World Sales)

Sherlock Moriority wins a seat on the Council from the elections with his two biggest Council Supporters alos regaining their seats for another term.

The people of the Council of Griihass feel that things are looking up for their country and will continue to do so in the time moving forward.

Net Gain: 355 GP​

10 by 10 Co

images

Products

Employees:
2 Human Workers
16 Geleton Worker
6 Human Guards
7 Kobold Guards
4 Goblin Guard
2 Orc Guard
5 Inquisitors
1 Red Priest

Ingredients

Perks
White Mana
Additional Defence from Attacks to the building or employees (Workplace Vigilance Scheme)
Increase Sales from Other Nations

Wages
Low

Price
Average

Finances
499 (59)

Specials
Engulf (Gelatinous Cube)

As a free action per turn player may roll a d100 to search for unpaid or enemy units with Gelatinous Cube's.
On a roll of 70+, enemy units are revealed and engulfed by a cube. The owning player may attempt an escape on their next turn by performing a dice roll (12+ on d20). If unsuccessful unit becomes an ingredient.
If the Engulf roll is failed or there are no enemy units present, own units are engulfed

*Gelatinous Cube's are infused with White Mana and may now resurrect discharges into Geleton Worker(s): (Slow Speed/ Average Work)

Guards are now Lawless

First and foremost, let it be known that it is with the greatest appreciation that I, Ethlando Omabanise, Alumni and Headmaster of the University of Canbridge, and the other premier Masters of Schooling, receive this chance to represent the Ten by Ten Companies renowned Secret Soda.

. While it has often been said that those who can't do, teach, (a rather derogatory and vexing slur for most proud educators such as I), I would like to think that our band of merry mentors has done some good in disparaging this unbecoming statement. It was only last year, that we vanquished an influx of Gigas Rattus in the farmlands of the Dead Lands, with the inspired introduction of Volans Serpentes by my esteemed colleague and brother in arms Grindle Brawnbrain.

With rumours abounding of scaled leviathans now besieging the luckless farmstead of which I can only presume to be Dragons, my party and I plan to head out soon to lend them our aid once again. But only after our tour of your marvellous facilities and potential sponsorship of course...

I do not mention this to sway your choice of candidacy, that would be most unbecoming of one in my admired position, but if the 'Masters of Schooling' were indeed successful (as I'm a sure we will be) it could prove a boon to both parties. Perhaps more so, if my former student, the Galant Wizard F'ull Veem, was to visit me as he has done so on many an occasion, inquiring from me my reputable knowledge as he writes another of his famous works... Perhaps on the defeat of a Dragon by a party of impressive intellectuals with the help of a Secret brew....

This is merely food for thought, as again I would not dream to influence you choice of endorsement. Already, I surmise, your business has been approached with adventurers of great fame and veterenacy, al of who seek to champion your cause. Honourable Men and Women of all Races, who have undoubtedly graced the halls of my colleagues prestigious colleges and my own University, bequeathing to them our illustrious knowledge and wisdom. With nearly half a millennium of life experience between my fellow Heads and I, these admirable adventurers would surely attest to our roles in making them the people they are today.

Well, I think I have stated the Master of Schooling's merits quite eloquently so I shall wrap up here. I am sure your Company is quite busy and I too have classes to teach (As my deputy headmaster and shield bearer often proclaims "It's time to make like a White Cloudy Minosa Minnow and get Schooled...") so for now I will bid you good day. My address is on the envelope if you would like to contact me personally for further interview, or even business matters. I have a vast range of academic knowledge so I am sure I can prove helpful in any regard...

The rest of the letter is covered in some green slime, the thick parchment slowly dissolving away...

Free Actions:
Engulf: Fail (53)
Own Unit (Goblin Guard) Engulfed
Strength Check: Passed; Goblin Guard becomes Ingredient

Actions
Hire an NPC Class Adventuring Party (Masters of Schooling) for 50 Gold to tour factory... (Lawless Keyword used). Stipend in place for a more rigorous screening process
4 Goblin Guard, 3 Orc Guard, 4 Kobold Guard, 1 Mimic Spy hired by 10 by 10 Co (390G spent)

Last edited:
Wicked Brew HQ.jpg
Auridex examined the ledgers feeling a thrill as the influx of gold into the coffers of his expanding soda cult. The money made his draconic nature shudder in deep delight but there was the greater intent of expanding the brand. More members were joining the Brew Cult, including some of the Interns finally. He'd been patient with them, coaxing them into the deeper layers of the group while treating them as his students. He was never one to waste good potential and these student represented that. Those who graduated would leave here, hopefully as Brew Cult members to spread his word and influence.

What matters now is the God Weed being probed and developed into a whole new flavor line. From it could spring others considering the potential. High quality product continued to be the name of the game. His improved security so far was working but he had to be sure to continue to build up the influx of funds. His true plans could only succeed with continued investment which means he could not hoard the gold he was gathering.

With that thought in mind, Auridrex moves to put in orders for ritual materials. He was going to give a good welcome to the new Paid Interns. A reward for a year of loyal service. More would have to be inducted in the coming season, but this would show that Wicked Brew rewarded loyalty to its Interns.​

Actions
1. Develop God Weed Soda - Divinity
2. Hold Ascension Ceremony converting 1 Human and 1 Elf Intern into Paid Interns for their year of service. (50 Gold)​

Factory
2 Rooms + Small Factory

Tools
Masterwork

Pay
Above Average

Workers
2x Human (2 Brew Cult)
3x Elves (3 Brew Cult)

Interns
14x Humans
5x Elves (5 Brew Cult)
6x Goblins
4x Kobolds

Guards
6x Human (6 Brew Cult)
6x Kobold (6 Brew Cult)

Adventuring Parties
The Brew Knights (Seasoned Adventurers)

Ingredients
Dragon’s Breath - Red extremely spicy fruit that goes well for both Students and Orcs. (Local Sales Bonus)

Perks
Local Sales Bonus
Blue Mana
Red Mana

Products

Coffers
333 Gold
-50 Gold for Ascension Ritual
=283 Gold​

Regi

Never in his life would Regi have thought he'd face a problem with his new found status. It wasn't even a problem he thought would exist... People didn't want to talk to him. People, especially Mermaids, liked his work, his creations, what he was doing, but it was almost the 'idea' of what he possibly was or stood for had vastly outgrown who he was. The very idea of talking to any of the people that eagerly awaited his arrival at the port, or who would wait outside his room, made his heart thud in his chest and resulted in many sleepless nights. Regi was just Regi, anyone seeing past whatever they've built up in their mind would be met only with crushing disappointment, as surrounded by people as he was, Regi felt even more alone then he had at the start.

Perhaps it was a similar experience that others had? He heard only bad things about J'Kyon and had been nervous to meet her, but the Dread Pirate had been very polite and he had enjoyed their meeting. Perhaps all people under the view of the public struggled with the perception of who they were and who they truly were. Why was socializing so complicated? Why were people so complicated? Still, if J'Kyon had been pleasant, maybe all he had to do was meet other people under the eye of the public? Maybe kindred spirits would spark the fires of friendship? It seemed possible and Regi was not afraid to try, he was only afraid to live alone with the regret of an attempt never made.

So with a shaking hand, he penned a message on magical paper to be sent to the mermaid people, perhaps, with his popularity among them, he could meet their leaders and create something from it? A supplier? A new, untapped, market? More workers and guards? Something else entirely? Or, dare he hope, a friend.

Perks

• Port - Bonus to supply for other regions, Bonus to Positive Events​

• Possible Evil Mage of Dastardly Deeds - Bonus in Negative Events​

• Brand Ambassadors - Bonus to sales in the Council of Griihass and the University of SpellHard​

• Intimidating - Decrease Sales from other countries​

Production
Pirate Ship Factory
Journeyman Tools

Employees
Workers [45 total]
2 Gelatinous Cube
2 Orc
2 Goblin
3 Human
3 Kobold
3 Skeleton
30 Mermaid

Guards [15 total]
15 Mermaid

Employee Salary
High

Gold Reserve

Investors

Owned Land

Products
Minosa Peal [Holy Powder]
Mermaid's Kiss [Coconut - Holy Powder - Fish Oil]

Actions
1. Attempt to make contact with the Mermaid royalty to get patronage.

2. Create new product: Minosa Delight [Coconut - Holy Powder]

Duster Energy

Dr. Alexo placed his head on the desk, running his hand through his hair. This class was frustrating. Nobody had studied for the last exam and the class average was in the low 40s. He raised his head after an uncomfortable silence permeated the room. “I have never been more disappointed in this class than I have been today. Thaumaturgy 301 is where boys become men. What happened?” He continued this rant for some time, and the class filtered out.

Then his next class filtered in. A young man wearing a letterman jacket smirked at Dr. Alexo on his way in. “Well Biff,” Dr. Alexo said in a low voice. “I’m quite impressed with your test score.” Biff chuckled. “What can I say? The boys and I always take that W.”

This class was a stark contrast to the old one. The average was in the high 80s. And what’s worse is that this class was full of slackers and frat boys. Alexo scanned the sea of pupils and saw a lot of…strange merchandise. People used to wear nice polos and khakis. Now everyone was wearing merchandise with cute harpie girls on it. What was the meaning of this?

Actions:

1. Bolster nootropics in the brew to make students who take duster energy get even better at studying.
  2. Bribe a student, through a third-party liaison, to spy on Wicked Brew.

1661740041445.png
Faint Remembrances
Sius'pætum Loêré / Godfrey Goodman

• [Music]

Smoke, a gentle breeze, cold air; mixed signals rang in the air. Flames flooding from men. Not from their mouths, but strange pipes connected to metal barrels. As the eyes could muster, the smoke faded into nothing and crude paintings of ruined structures replaced the verdant forests, the idyllic lakes, everything... Paintings, oh how many wish that to be true. Worlds fade and die, but unlike the old in bed, worlds die in violent outbursts. And many worlds he has seen. Many worlds come and go. And so much go with them. The rings of gunfire, as Siu knew them as, clenched body, dirt, and else with little regard. Silence among the dead as they become casted to oblivion. Oh they believe in the Afterlife, but he never saw such things. Only souls used as batteries in service to the horrors of the In-Between. No rest, no existence after death.

Fire, salt, mortar shells; they felt familiar. More than this magic and lich nonsense. At least some ancient part of Siu seemed to agree with that, but the eldrazi modern version knew better. Nothing was nonsense when reality was quite a suggestion.

Grenades, torn limbs, screams of the dying begging for it not to be so. Collapsing trenches, poisonous gases, tank blasts, rpg blasts; nothing was spared from use. And not a damn soul knew why, and that was to be expected. Wars were not like those of the tribes. Impersonal to anyone beyond leadership. Was it suppose to be? No, but no one bothered to recognize their individuality.

The Human in Siu did, but it was too late. That time. Maybe it could come back in time to stop the eldrazi predisposed on his "master's" path in its plans. Maybe it doubted as well. Maybe it was scared. Of what has happened to Siu. The fractures, the different parts. The madness. One madness no one wanted, even the dealers themselves. Maybe that was the greatest tragedy of all. To die divided and incomplete. Was he an individual?

Yes, memories remain. Was he asleep? This a dream? Oh no, it wasn't. And the stakes were high. While not quite strong enough to dominate the eldrazi scions under his control. He was strong enough to compensate them. And there was a matter of time before the first was achieved. The Holocaust happened every Tuesday in the multiverse, and the eldrazi wished to spread it to this unassuming world. Despite its slow start, Siu could feel its plans and intentions. He had not much time. So many will be batteries to it. And if he sleeps too long, he will awaken to ruin.

But, even when he does, will he agree with it? Everyone has their doubts...

Trilroxan perused the reports in front of him, scowling at yet another report of sickness caused by his company's product. With a deep sigh he pushed himself to his feet and left his office, allowing his feet to take him in the direction of the brewmasters deeper within the factory. It was time to perform some research after all, before the company began to lose money as people flocked to a safer drink.

"Gumkurc! Kilrolnam! Come, I need you two to perform some tests in order to determine what is causing the issues with the soda," the demon called to the current most skilled brewer and quality assurance personal. "Keep me updated on what you find and pull any of the others you need as long as it doesn't affect the supplies."

"Aye boss, we'll get on it!" Gumkurc twisted and cracked his knuckles, the skeletal grin on his face seeming to grow. "Come on pal, let's get to work!"

Actions
Research the current issues with Extended Youth and determine if it is sabotage or a natural reaction

Expand business in other kingdoms through ad campaigns

Workers
12x Skeletons
6x Orcs
2x Humans
2x Goblins
2x Kobolds

Guards
2x Skeleton
2x Human
2x Kobold
2x Goblin

Saboteurs
1x Orc

Ingredients
Pure White Berries - The Pure White Berries tasted almost sickeningly sweet. It seems to have a good effect on Arthritis, High Blood Pressure and Infertility.
Death Root - It tastes like sour pickles and crumbles easily unless taken with the most delicate touch.

Products

Current Funds
494 Gold

Trilroxan Personal Funds
12 Gold

Pay

zZtksXMuArq9ysyiPLpIBn6bycG8NqFzqmNjENyQYlALuAiT0LNSC5ciM4rUAWwAjf_qK-TYkMq67m7HaNiEs5SR8_vmIYtJYutaOz3WR1NJaY2y7UAWwHPsfz7Py9XFxMNMoOudApHumvV6V4A3oA

YEAR 2, TURN 6: Winter

Things were going well as the ventures of the Soda Wars as things were heating up within the Churchocracy and on the School grounds. Who would have thought that it would already have gotten to that point.

It was glorious.

And that one group that was taking up the sea routes, traveling around, gaining an advantage there. Even allying with Pirates.

Oooh. Such exciting stuff all around. He continued to watch eagerly and with great vigor.
Valley Gorge
CWq8olKykiQYQauSOB7J6xCAA8naSLsFl_31U36rHtmiBViqKN1S5VXM963dYIxzmkgI-OezSvLmRw37rzxdsHmVGF_8Sfhx7B0vKlrpTpoFa_WH9gQsT1PfhGiHtBXd1aj1Xt2yBPN4Lgmok4EZog

Eridium Bubblers Co.

Current Net Gain for the Fall:

Minosa

zHFxV1aZ5Los51I6w-e4EWJectWaG6qd7gZZAyiX53VMnaSqP_WJtvkB9wVcs0C0DMubAvMhQoFe_M5KipsmZS68SMN5kI9rsNlqU_gbB91NuXpU__CTupqSZ3RfS3Q8RfNK0fwbdvZluhsaYIpObw

The Mermaid Royalty had already heard much of Reginald even before he approached for an audience. They had heard both the good and the bad. But the good outweighed what bad there was. Especially as it soon enough became quite clear that most of the bad was merely exaggerated or completely made up fabrication from out of the blue jealousy or unfounded fear.

Queen Harmony and King Jorah Heartsong of the Mermaid Undersea Kingdom had agreed to meet with Reginald on a small island in the waters in between kingdoms. Safety had been paramount. But even after a short conversation, they were brought to ease.

Reginald had been a huge provider of jobs for mermaids of all stripes above the waters, something that had not been as accepted in other places in such large numbers before. The King and Queen were willing to become his patrons. They would supply 150 Gold every season.

Mimosa Delight as a new product began selling well not only in Minosa, but also Valley Gorge and the University, making headway into both of those locations.

Current Net Gain for the Season: 493 Gold

The Dead Lands
BzbpVUGG8O56Z7tBbniJkr4iVRYjGpN5TR4T_MCxgLFyxTM8uP83gjRk-RP8R2Jxjmpdkuv3nz8ga3dx9rYwpN-qqbMdIjYcrINKa9rxFretH7-Whyup4QI-jejee188jlPQbakuL7oa-jG1EeZayw

After extensive research, it was determined that Extended Youth is in fact poisonous and very deadly in large quantities. It is a natural progression of its very nature and continued use will ramp up the death of those that enjoy the product.

The Ad Campaigns are a huge success, making headway into Minosa, SpellHard, Churchocracy and even the Council of Grihass. Headway was made into those lands, much to the displeasure of those that previously had a monopoly there.

A Single Skeleton colored in Rainbow awaited an audience with The Leader. It called itself, The Fixer and seemed to wore nothing but an armory of weapons strapped to its body. For the Price of 1000 Gold, it will cause massive damage to one Rival’s place of Business or distract one Government.

Net Gain 443 GP

University of SpellHard

C9FKQ1BUSjRXpPLuWV6Utwq__DU1yJT-ybzjD7JKIoN96C2cUwuxZG0tYvNWz1BJI8_3fuUVzs0hruWV_a0qP5RbzkZ8V5FqiQpRg-e9d6vLSbtom8_M_mgQCfCWuHuyIwaB5wfg0385kEgxGPV7mA

Wicked Brew

The Human and Elf Intern were Ascended to Paid Interns, much to the amazement of the other Interns. They knew that if they worked hard enough, they would reach that pinnacle of space as well. It was only a matter of time until they could as long as they stuck with it.

Divinity took off with amazing sales right out of the gate. Those who actively follow what comes in and out of the Factory Lineup had eagerly awaited the first shipments. They knew that they would have it and be with them, ingesting the drink.

It was a holy drink. It was to be a Holy Drink.

4 more Mage Interns joined up. (2 Human, 2 Elf)

2 more workers joined up with the inner workings of the Brew Cult

Word of Mermaids bringing in products from Minosa have been stirring around the Campus.

Net Gain: 532 GP

Duster Energy

Suddenly it was far easier for those who drank Duster Energy drinks to do better in their classes. Studying became second nature. They barely needed to work at it to absorb the information into their minds. It allowed them to get better grades and the word soon spread that if you wanted High Marks, drink Duster Energy Drinks. (Boost to University Sales)

A Bribed Student manages to Spy on Wicked Brew, describing a dangerous Cult that lurks within. They worship the Drink and the Leader of the Company and have started expanding their numbers.

Word of Mermaids bringing in products from Minosa have been stirring around the Campus.

Net Gain: 356 Gold

tYmSLOb-vuRwYUPBOQ060u3feimN8NzE9wOmLdjTVYfwwjLieE3_3o67GQl8PfItEKgA1XnO3aIfSFzzHjphC0NNxwo44lR1rv77XLurOcorZCqviI7Q5-3RJPLn3_SddbQz0FajOI7pdu5qZo_Vaw

The Large factory was a huge investment, but one that would bring greater boons over the course of the company’s lifetime. It already was reaching greater dividends as it started to encroach on 10 by 10 Lands, poaching some sales due to their even greater availability.

The celebration over the high sales of the first year, combined with the preparations for the beginning of Year 2 of the Company, had everyone working with more and more production values and greater output than ever before.

A secret Government task force approaches the head of the company that there is threat of internal sabotage from the Company in the Council of Grihaas.

Net Gain: 334

10 by 10 Co

The NPC Class Adventuring Party had a great time with the tour and stayed on as per an agreement. It was a very educational time for the party and they wished to continue to learn more. IN their tour, they actually managed to discover a secret ingredient that was growing within the factory. Fungal Berries. They have an almost sickeningly sweet taste and as such, you need to just use one Berry per drink to gain an effective level of sweetness.

The new workers were hired and thoroughly screened to have loyalty and to be effective in the course of their job.

An underground movement of “lesser races” have begun to imbibe in the drinks of the 10 by 10 in secret Speakeasies. You have the opportunity to Aid them or Rat them out to the Guards.

Net gain: 369 GP

Council of Grihaas

uhFeSTajI-xpYClfIYXMqEgK2GDWokhmSvfeZ7YAU7CIaW7TRG8QJcuIrtXtWX1ix30HwLuHyRooXnlR-StIo-Y8wvbjHg2ExrbD_gpeYqUJfQNTsEtJ8b4zvnK2ORJxpMfzwnMcIg4jnE0ch8je5A

The Fizz Company

Net Gain:​

10 by 10 Co

images

Products

Employees:
2 Human Workers
18 Geleton Worker
6 Human Guards
11 Kobold Guards
7 Goblin Guard
5 Orc Guard
1 Mimic Spy
5 Inquisitors
1 Red Priest

Ingredients
Fungal Berries: An almost sickeningly sweet taste with just one Berry.

Perks
White Mana
Increase Sales from Other Nations

Wages
Low

Price
Average

Finances
428 (63)

Specials
Engulf (Gelatinous Cube)

*Gelatinous Cube's are infused with White Mana and may now resurrect discharges into Geleton Worker(s): (Slow Speed/ Average Work)

Guards are now Lawless

3/1/18xx

Dear Diary,

Feeling a little lonely today...

Price has gone off to meet a contact, taking everyone but me and Cat (Ughh! She is so high and mighty. I HATE HER!!!) on his 'important' mission. : (

But what's more important than our relationship huh? He never takes me anywhere anymore, just keeps me trapped here like some fabulous trophy. I know he's got big ideas, and a mind like a razorblade..., not to mention beautiful blue eyes, a handsome cleft chin, and arms like a python...aaahhh.... I could just bury myself in those huge....

Deep breathes Rubi. Your mad at him remember >_< ....

'Ahem'

Sorry bout that, where was I...? Oh yeah!

We used to go everywhere together; swimming with the Hippocampus at Mimosa and carriage rides by moonlight through the streets of Grihaas. We even murdered that teacher at Spellhard together! (though I think he teaches in the Deadlands now... Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). But does he take me for drinks at the secret speakeasy..? Nope : ( : ( : (

He keeps me here to act as a distraction for the cocking hens of the Church. Of course I can't blame him, I am certainly pretty <3 :-* <3

You should see the looks I'm getting lately from the Priests, and the Sin Skins, oh la la. I'm pretty sure even the Cubes have been eyeing me up lately, with their hungry eyes (But who can tell huh? LOL : D : D)

Of course my heart belongs to Price but no harm in making him a little jealous tehe ; )

TBF Price did say I was the most beautiful Bandit in all of the Land before he left...

Aahh! I can't stay mad at him <3<3<3. The Asshole : P

Speaking of the Cubes; they've seemed to have developed a taste for Goblins lately (I'm pretty sure that two (?) have gone missing, though no one seems to have noticed. Or maybe they just don't care LOL). Guess it likes picking on the weak (reminds me of my ex : P. Especially now, when one of em has grabbed up one of the Nerds). Maybe that's why the Company is ramping up production on that new campaign....

Meh. I don't really care tbh, this is Price's long con not mine. I'm just happy he chose me to come along for the ride. <3

Well time to do my bit for the plan. Can't have Cat get all the looks : P (Have you seen what she's wearing! ROFL)

Love

Rubi xoxo

Free Actions:
Engulf: Success (75)
Enemy unit (Adventuring Party NPC) Engulfed
Strength Check: Passed; Goblin Guard becomes Ingredient/ Geleton Worker produced

Actions
10 by 10 Co will initiate a massive hype campaign for their next product, Berry Ale, specifically targeted children and pre teens, with the use of promotional trading cards depicting 10 by 10 Co staff and sponsored Adventurers. These cards will be exclusive to all Berry Ale products, with varying availability and rarity with the latter such cards being heavily teased and advertised throughout the campaign. (300G spent)

Send 6 Human Guards and 1 Mimic Spy to aid the Speakeasy, with the Mimic Spy taken on numerous forms to cover up and hide the illicit drinking's presence while the Human Guards will use their Lawless ways to facilitate and help along the movement of goods. Human guards will also help with the former. (Lawless Keyword used) (65G spent)

Last edited:

Wicked Brew HQ.jpg

Auridrex looks quite pleased with the results of initial Ascension Ritual, inducting two interns into Paid Internship seems to have shown that ongoing loyalty and work has paid off. A valuable lesson for this considering the need to maintain a devoted workforce of his interns. It was also important for accelerating things for conversion of his employee base into members of the Brew Cult. The bigger issue now was going to be trying to spread the cult beyond the innards of Wicked Brew. He needed to entice University staff into the cult as well if he was going to assert more influence over it.

"So many potential points of contact, if I play this correctly," Auridex mused as he regards a map of the University holdings. Duster Energy was competition but he was willing to tolerate that struggle to allow a feeling of competition. What concerned him were these mermaid drinks coming in. He would have to investigate that situation more closely in the coming seasons. Right now, the cult was to commence its next array of Ascensions for more paid interns. It would tap their resources more but also bind them into the company more. It was a long term game he had set in motion that would create some spectacular results.

"All one needs... is the patience of a dragon," Auridrex mused to himself a bit darkly and started to laugh as he moved on to commence one of his lectures of his adoring interns.​

Actions
1. Commence Whisper Campaign to spread Brew Cult (200 Gold)
2. Hold Ascension Ceremony converting 5 Human and 2 Goblin Interns into Paid Interns for their year of service. (200 Gold)​

Factory
2 Rooms + Small Factory

Tools
Masterwork

Pay
Above Average

Workers
2x Human (2 Brew Cult)
3x Elves (3 Brew Cult)

Interns
14x Humans
6x Elves (5 Brew Cult)
6x Goblins
4x Kobolds

Paid Interns
1x Human (1 Brew Cult)
1x Elf (1 Brew Cult)

Guards
6x Human (6 Brew Cult)
6x Kobold (6 Brew Cult)

Adventuring Parties
The Brew Knights (Seasoned Adventurers)

Ingredients
God Weed - It looks like green honeycombs surrounding a cylindrical hard plant that tastes bitter on the outside and fruity and sweet on the inside.

Perks
Local Sales Bonus
Blue Mana
Red Mana

Products
Divinity (Original God Weed Flavor)

Coffers
815 Gold
-200 Gold for Ascension Ritual
-200 Gold for Brew Cult Whisper Campaign
= 415 Gold​

Last edited:

Special Announcement for Consumers of Extended Youth Soda

We at Devilishly Fine Soda and Potions would like to extend a warning to all our consumers, our flagship product has been discovered to become dangerous to one's health should it be consumed in large consequences. Due to this discovery, we will begin to limit all sales of the product until we are able to discover a new ingredient to counteract the nature of the product or until we are able to produce a replacement soda which has the same taste and health benefits as the current iteration. For the foreseeable future all purchases of Extended Youth shall be one bottle per person per week, possible relaxation of these limits shall occur should it be discovered that more may be consumed within the presented time frame or become stricter should it be found that this quantity of consumption still presents a clear danger to the health of our customers.

At this time, we at Devilishly Fine would like to extend our most sincere of apologies and pledge to ensure that we make the wrongs that have occurred due to our product right.

Actions
Begin to limit sales of Extended Youth in order to counteract natural poisonous nature

Expand foothold of sales in other nations as best as possible

Workers
12x Skeletons
6x Orcs
2x Humans
2x Goblins
2x Kobolds

Guards
2x Skeleton
2x Human
2x Kobold
2x Goblin

Saboteurs
1x Orc

Ingredients

Products

Current Funds
837 Gold

Trilroxan Personal Funds
16 Gold

Pay

Nadia

Nadia was still riding high off the events of earlier. She had met the King and Queen. She had met the fucking King and Queen. She was a no one, a small time cut purse from Minosa who helped her fellows lure drunk sailors into the alleyways to rob them blind, who took a job working at a 'soda' factory because she needed a place to lie low for awhile, and there she was, standing feet away from royalty. It was hard to imagine it... As 'Head of the Guard', she was someone now, but even still, she couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong.

Reginald had seemed almost sad when they left, was sad the right word? It was hard to tell with the creepy mask he insisted on wearing, but he had seemed alone. Destitute. Almost more sad and alone upon leaving that island then he had been going on it. Perhaps he had wanted something else, something more, something that she did not understand. Perhaps dominion over the sea? A laughable goal if that was it. Perhaps it was some other nefarious deed that was beyond the comprehension of the sane?

Yet even as she thought such things, she couldn't help but feel the smallest of pangs in her heart at his thin silhouette against the setting sun.

Perks
  • Port - Bonus to supply for other regions, Bonus to Positive Events
  • Possible Evil Mage of Dastardly Deeds - Bonus in Negative Events
  • Brand Ambassadors - Bonus to sales in the Council of Griihass and the University of SpellHard
  • Intimidating - Decrease Sales from other countries

Production
Pirate Ship Factory
Journeyman Tools

Employees
Workers [45 total]
2 Gelatinous Cube
2 Orc
2 Goblin
3 Human
3 Kobold
3 Skeleton
30 Mermaid

Guards [15 total]
15 Mermaid

Employee Salary
High

Gold Reserve

Investors
Queen Harmony and King Jorah Heartsong - 150 Gold a turn

Owned Land

Products
Minosa Peal [Holy Powder]
Mermaid's Kiss [Coconut - Holy Powder - Fish Oil]
Minsoa Delight [Coconut - Holy Powder]

Actions
1. Purchase Masterwork Tools (-800)

2. Approach restaurants, inns and taverns in Valley Gorge to sell them RPR at discounted rates [but still above cost] so that they may, in turn, sell them frequently to all who come hoping to get the people of Valley Gorge hooked on the same flavors that are sweeping the nation.

Duster Energy

Biff and Regina smiled at one another. Sashi wanted to take down Wicked Brew. She was a terribly jealous and violent woman and wanted her sole competitor to be run into the ground. Fortunately for Biff and Regina, she was also somewhat honest and straightforward. Homecoming was fast approaching. The halls were abuzz with rumors that Biff and Regina were going to become the next homecoming king and queen. Everything was going perfectly.

Actions:

• Use students to spread nasty, bitchy rumors that Wicked Brew is an evil cult that is trying to brainwash students.
  • Make an official sports team for Duster energy.

3c-2Nzv-O307k70qbPe2w64C4nNkHj9rtRe4FArkxc5mffx8ExHNs_ifhzMZNGGOcDmpm_V1txejwb4r30fXsAHEBBAaKXmbRuvCzy4IOqHeZfah4rOcEObwm9zIqvOj4j5ZbRN0cNm2Qnc8DzasiZFu5UWVGay7tA8tFJoIhMn797JXcH3GNeJX

YEAR 2, TURN 7: Spring

Spring had sprung and there were many new things afoot. The nations were in some ways getting more and more hardline in their views of Soda. While others were going into intense competition for control of the area.

It was something that would be an interesting development, no matter what.

And he would follow with renewed vigor.

Valley Gorge
kx4fUXF8EnOL1us1a3COyW2C21vevOMhDmErUjni2yHSE23Y6Dseb79jTHPMDr8yktskfPSEMvfeSEt7_o87V3jZZQVTsNJev5GF1OgEHKJ6czpFOi71c9OifSTkShqcYsJH2ynNIs48tvDAwe4ov_uG6d2pGT_EFyI2C3wn4MreUIYrZyEmanBe

Eridium Bubblers Co.

Current Net Gain for the Fall:

Minosa

D-bGoJPOi8-tlCW5-Xe4Qyh8oN0e9QvJZ-m2inR8v9U1Hr8KM6Rf8jdZ7iAeVnP-35NjMIYFBibBptZX0d1JQjR0nb1hWqR4uGv2ySf0xuT8B3dfRBTyEdSsqLWLc5_99GxfCK0HwikjpGqi18ks6Ht9tugZsJ9qISppiEXdIS6lNU5qs-a4rlKV

Getting ahold of those Masterwork tools helped greatly with their revenue as it improved the quality of the products and improved the numbers for sale. A wise investment indeed.

Valley Gorge was rife for the pickings as sales had slowed down in recent months for the local flavor. The company had extended its reach throughout the Valley, but this new flavor from RPR, why, that was just the little pick me up that the miners needed.

At first, many had been against the idea as they had started to take Eridium towards their own national identity. But hooo booy. If those new flavors didn’t just take you in, through you a party in your mouth and then spit you out.

It was taking the valley by storm.

Even the nearby Great Bandit Lord Holgrim wanted in. An Orc Warlord that stood 8 feet tall, wore an eye patch on his left eye and had a barbed club for a Right Hand. He’d protect the RPR profits for a 5% cut from the region.

Current Net Gain for the Season: 329 Gold

The Dead Lands
YzFsMXYwcH92MSrIvrH227kX-9vxHy70MqSTm3zoscCEiYiwqbHMsd8h9lKJWJc5vtt5rFcULqEg8nMZqCjGZwgBuSYiVU-z-qQoKazBqTvaGTNCaqUE7y4rM0ld7E_6hz4aJnLq6aDh7Eia-TbT1iFvf4dvNYDDOovUyxhtbLDHNG0Z_yLId9dK

The people were saddened at the restrictions placed on their favorite drinks. However, there were many that praised the responsible nature of the company. It was one that had their best nature looking out for their safety and well being. And as such, it was one that they could place their trust and more importantly for the company, their money into.

The sales began to encroach on both the lands of Minosa and Valley Gorge. Both of which had either been in or were beginning to fall under the purview of Reginald’s Private Reserve, a major competitor that possessed a fleet and the support of a Pirate Lord.

Scalpers for the soda seem to have come into existence to ensure that people are getting more than their allowed allowances of the drink after the restrictions were put into place.

Net Gain 304 GP

University of SpellHard

R3DHSfJ0y7VZQ1o4smigrkheG5ZnPYGPyNlzB5QAVSBEHgT0wVJJ0HgOKMtNe-Yw0a7mqPk_1cbx1FwIrAcJY3Ynb0fvlu_UMIwOeJR0kS8eOmOcOZuHiOiQHVCzy7Gr21YaK3EHRaC4mN6OTJEDlLGXC5UVT2A8nM9H8FW_cRLvxYC7K5gFJg0w

Wicked Brew

The Whispers of the Brew Cult is spread far and wide. It has both a positive and a negative result as students have been spreading rumors of it being a dangerous cult that brainwashes students and strips them of their free will, merely becoming empty vessels that serve a dangerous Corruption Dragon or Demon. The rumors interchange the two.

But even still, the Brew Cult spreads far and wide, allowing the acquisition of 10 Unpaid Interns. (5 Elves, 2 Humans, 2 Goblins, 1 Mermaid)

The Ascension ceremony was a huge success and spread happiness through the rest of the Cult and therefore the company. It improved the sales and creation of the products.

A Golem made of Hardened Rock and Crystals introduced itself as Quint. It offers its protection services for a fee of 300 Gold every quarter.

Net Gain: 532 GP

Duster Energy

The Rumors seem to have done their job. People that weren’t already fascinated with their competitor were now weary of them. However, some had taken that in the opposite effect and wished to join a spooky evil brainwashing cult. Students were weird like that. But, it at least succeeded in gaining new members to their own drinking cause.

A sports team was a wonderful idea and something that was wholly taken up by both the School Board and the students. A sports team was formed based on a popular Magical Basketball called Skort. It was the official team of Duster Energy Drinks and at every game, the drinks and merch would be there to great new and old customers.

Net Gain: 324 Gold

mxcpN0bfCt7t5ziLaLXbEzyztkiZn1mssbPYl7zDpQPkgOI0L3ltp7Kw5DO3zlrCeTQ5EzLQ1pqKIXfynHzV_aCdk4knkLSlxVX29UTmBptIrW3NwhO6OUS6lhWP-Y_UzvOX3eCGhj2oeyqbpqtH-I8MtIkos-lK0OAXYD-RFFTzAbjZco34u0ml

Net Gain:

10 by 10 Co

Berry Ale took off with the younger generation as intended. Under normal circumstances, the Church would have frowned upon such frivolities. However, this type of entertainment actually helped fuel the younger generations in their religious studies. It was a fascinating concept for which there would be many a scholar probably writing their own theories on it in the future. But for now, it was something that worked and worked well.

The Assistance of the Resources of a company helped along the underground speakeasies and made the company a friend to the other “lesser” races within the Churchocracy, all while the officials were unaware. It raised sales within their peoples and their home nations.

Under the secret operations of a Mimic Spy, the acquisition of certain goods were gained.

Net gain: 459 GP

Council of Grihaas

FVGKw92_CsGComvF79q2ss3ti1nNUTgHLWO0btZoZsHxTHiarx4F5Rr1CC6E0jelYZEjW0n29qlckmi1JwuQEMASmmt7OqlYn-ZVOLXkgirbDMApnz9mhpfk7HgA1osEqma9u2gHkraGO0UqZDK3xE2TzX5-ihuhpXLeZKv8MsBdhArSR4HGmlWo

The Fizz Company

The Fizz Company has become the sole types of soda drink allowed within the borders of the Country. Any others would be considered an illegal beverage and will be seized.

Net Gain:​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back