• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy SoCal: Upland War

decomposition

④⓪④

SoCal: Upland War

Three factions. One city. One war.

42866.jpg

Overview

Rating: Mature 17+

Realistic, Fantasy/Supernatural

It’s modern times. A city located in Southern California, by the name of Upland. Known to be a bit of an introverted populous, Upland is a city that is filled with more sins and sinners than good, which is exercised from dusk til dawn with relentless pursuit. The Upland City Police Department is corrupt, as a result of its vast amount of difficulty overtaking a gang by legal means.

The gang that runs the city is referred to as Mythril, whom maintain survival by any means necessary. Among the war that Upland City PD and Mythril have begun in the town, there are plenty of innocent people who just happen to live in the city; stuck without any sort of means to get out because financially, the city is a debt-filled cesspool.

Out of the population of people who are just trying to live their lives without problems, a group of freedom fighters have come into light – acting as the fighting party for the population of the city who isn’t involved in gang-life or maintained in politics

Subplot

(possible trigger warning) Recently, there has been a string of events of which people commits suicides due to it being 'fun'. Groups of people, and individuals, have been found to do the sinful deed and the numbers increase each every day. It has become a worldwide thing and police have dubbed people who perpetrate this as being apart of the 'suicide club'. Investigation for these mysterious, tragic acts is underway.

Links & Rules

Main Page

In Character Roleplay

Rules

Factions

Upland Police Department
A: Corrupt? We ain't corrupt! We're doing shit to protect the city and the people of it. Things would be fuckin' better without that damn Mythril gang thinking that they own the goddamn place! Upland Police are going to pummel them to the ground, mark my words. Now, get outta here.

B: Oh, yeah dude, the police are totally fucked up in the head. Be doin' out of the book shit - totally unjustified, if ya ask me. I get the whole 'we gotta make peace for the people' but c'mon. Bastards took my cat too, like, what the fuck? Now they're in a war with Mythril? What a drag.

Mythril

A: Look, sweetheart, all we're trying to do is survive. Nothin' wrong with that, right? What did Tony Montana say again... Oh right. 'In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power.' That's all we're doin', getting the money so we can have power. I'm sure you'd want the same, darlin'.

B: Mythril is one notorious gang, dude, you don't want to mess with them. Even since, uh, what's his name... Francis! Yeah, when he died and his lady took over, Madeline or something, man... They've been doing a lot of crazy shit. Tried to sale heroin to my lil' sister once, like, who the fuck does that?

Freedom Fighters/Neutral

A: We're the only... force, if you will, that's actually doing anything, alright? While the authorities and Mythril are playing cops n' robbers with one another, us Freedom Fighters are the one's maintaining the peace around here. Obviously, we're not on either side but our own. Plus, we're just everyday, hard working people who only want the best for our children.

B: Those Freedom Fighters only do one thing: get in the fuckin' way. They shouldn't put their noses where they don't belong or else it's going to get shot off. Their leader, Skylar, doesn't even know what to do so why are they're sticking their necks out? Everyday people, that's cool and all, but they have to recognize that we're fighting the big fight for them as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far, it's been awesome. With more members it will be even better!

Big things are planned and we hope to have a cast of descriptive RPers who enjoy in-depth story lines, whether they be character or plot-driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back