• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Soaring

Tinytiger28

Humans are just that. Human. They build. They create. They expand. But only on land. Rarely do they venture past their save haven of ground, and when they do it is often just for a visit, or to travel to yet another landmass. Until planes were made, they never even made it any higher than they could climb. Or so they think.
Mythology speaks of a number of humanoids gifted with flight. Daedalus and Icarus, Horus, Thoth, Valkyries, Harpies, the list goes on and on. While most of these myths are far from real, many hold a grain of truth.
For eons, gifted people have soared through the skies unbeknownst to the humans that presided below. They lived happily, freely, wildly. In forests and mountain ranges, anywhere their wings could take them.
Most stayed to themselves, but a few decided to make contact with the mysterious humans. The results of these visits varied greatly. Sometimes they would be worshiped as gods and goddesses, other times burned at the stake for being "witches". Some were destined to be remembered in legend, others as only a dark omen.
Over time, the winged began to seperate themselves from humans, retreating deeper into the wilderness due to the disasters that were often caused. All but a few. A greedy raven winged king declared that they should be the rulers of the humans, and began to attack. With their superior fighting ablities, the winged decimated human forces across the entire continent. Eventually, humans began to take a stand. They readied their nets and canons, catapults and swords, and fought with every tactic that could bring them any semblance of hope. The king remained sure of his victory. In the end, this overconfidence was his downfall.
After the winged lost the war, they retreated into the wilds once again, and the humans were happy to watch them go.
Over the eons, the war faded into legend, a fable parents told their kids to scare them into not wandering through the woods at night. But as the memory dissolved, so did any places free of human intervention. In the year 1997, the winged were finally forced to make contact with humans again. The monsters of the stories were back, and the humans weren't too happy about it. They were treated like science experiments at best, and slaves at worst. Slowly though, they found a place in society. Granted, it wasn't the best of places.
They were forced to wear shock collars that tracked them at all times, delivering a stinging zap if they took flight anywhere that they were forbidden to (pretty much everywhere). Humans hated them, kicking them out of establishments, believing them to be nothing but monsters. Eventually, one place was created for them. An experimental academy for the winged. A supposed safe haven. New to the world and ready to accept students.
But not everything is as it seems. Something is strange here. Something is wrong.

So yeah. This is just an interest check, so I won't be going into excessive detail (yet), but I do want to explain the whole "winged" thing. First of all, I'll probably come up with a better name than winged (kinda sounds like something from KFC).
Second, be creative with the wings. They could be real wings (bird/bat/bug/etc), they can be mythological wings (pheonix/dragon/etc), they can be some weird wacky thing (leaves/... uh, rocks?), do whatever you like! Be creative and have fun! They'll be able to have extra aspects aside from the wings (a moth person being able to see at night, a pheonix being able to set themselves on fire, a falcon person being slightly faster than average, etc) but try not to be overpowered. Naturally, one character might be stronger than another, but try not to have your character able to do everything. No one wants to be roleplaying with someone who goes "SUPER ULTRA MEGA GOD POWERS, ACTIVATE!" whenever their character encounters a problem.

And this seems like a lot of typing for just an interest check, so I'll save the less important for when/if this roleplay starts. If you're interested in this concept, please post here so I know people actually want to do this. If you have any questions/concerns feel free to ask!

Last edited:
but try not to have your character able to do everything. No one wants to be roleplaying with someone who goes "SUPER ULTRA MEGA GOD POWERS, ACTIVATE!" whenever their character encounters a problem.

So true. I've dealt with my fair share of people like this. Anyhow, I'm willing to give this a shot.

Totally interested in this~

I’ll have to check around with life and see if I have time to join because the plot alone right now is super interesting!!

Well, I have two questions.
  1. Can we have more than 1 set of wings?
  2. Can our Winged OC be monstrous in appearance?
Sure for both, but I would prefer the monsterous appearance making sense. It would be wierd for a bat winged person to be covered in scales, but if the bat winged person has fur, that makes sense. But if you're really set on an idea, and you're willing to flesh it out a lot, it'll probably be fine either way.

Humans are just that. Human. They build. They create. They expand. But only on land. Rarely do they venture past their save haven of ground, and when they do it is often just for a visit, or to travel to yet another landmass. Until planes were made, they never even made it any higher than they could climb. Or so they think.
Mythology speaks of a number of humanoids gifted with flight. Daedalus and Icarus, Horus, Thoth, Valkyries, Harpies, the list goes on and on. While most of these myths are far from real, many hold a grain of truth.
For eons, gifted people have soared through the skies unbeknownst to the humans that presided below. They lived happily, freely, wildly. In forests and mountain ranges, anywhere their wings could take them.
Most stayed to themselves, but a few decided to make contact with the mysterious humans. The results of these visits varied greatly. Sometimes they would be worshiped as gods and goddesses, other times burned at the stake for being "witches". Some were destined to be remembered in legend, others as only a dark omen.
Over time, the winged began to seperate themselves from humans, retreating deeper into the wilderness due to the disasters that were often caused. All but a few. A greedy raven winged king declared that they should be the rulers of the humans, and began to attack. With their superior fighting ablities, the winged decimated human forces across the entire continent. Eventually, humans began to take a stand. They readied their nets and canons, catapults and swords, and fought with every tactic that could bring them any semblance of hope. The king remained sure of his victory. In the end, this overconfidence was his downfall.
After the winged lost the war, they retreated into the wilds once again, and the humans were happy to watch them go.
Over the eons, the war faded into legend, a fable parents told their kids to scare them into not wandering through the woods at night. But as the memory dissolved, so did any places free of human intervention. In the year 1997, the winged were finally forced to make contact with humans again. The monsters of the stories were back, and the humans weren't too happy about it. They were treated like science experiments at best, and slaves at worst. Slowly though, they found a place in society. Granted, it wasn't the best of places.
They were forced to wear shock collars that tracked them at all times, delivering a stinging zap if they took flight anywhere that they were forbidden to (pretty much everywhere). Humans hated them, kicking them out of establishments, believing them to be nothing but monsters. Eventually, one place was created for them. An experimental academy for the winged. A supposed safe haven. New to the world and ready to accept students.
But not everything is as it seems. Something is strange here. Something is wrong.

So yeah. This is just an interest check, so I won't be going into excessive detail (yet), but I do want to explain the whole "winged" thing. First of all, I'll probably come up with a better name than winged (kinda sounds like something from KFC).
Second, be creative with the wings. They could be real wings (bird/bat/bug/etc), they can be mythological wings (pheonix/dragon/etc), they can be some weird wacky thing (leaves/... uh, rocks?), do whatever you like! Be creative and have fun! They'll be able to have extra aspects aside from the wings (a moth person being able to see at night, a pheonix being able to set themselves on fire, a falcon person being slightly faster than average, etc) but try not to be overpowered. Naturally, one character might be stronger than another, but try not to have your character able to do everything. No one wants to be roleplaying with someone who goes "SUPER ULTRA MEGA GOD POWERS, ACTIVATE!" whenever their character encounters a problem.

And this seems like a lot of typing for just an interest check, so I'll save the less important for when/if this roleplay starts. If you're interested in this concept, please post here so I know people actually want to do this. If you have any questions/concerns feel free to ask!
Oh hell yes bro I am in!!! Thank you for thr invite :D

Are we required to use faceclaims of existent people though? That is not a wise course of action for me at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back