• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Soaring OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Zack: Guess she fell asleep *Zack thought as he slowly pushed her off, trying not to wake her, he then got up and carefully placed her on her bed.* She feels heavier than usual *Another thought ran through his head, as he turned around and was about to leave when he remembered what she said earlier* "Are you still too shy to sleep with me" *He sighs as he faces her bed and slowly, quietly makes his way beside her, tucking himself and her in.*
(Hahaha She's grown thick~ Zack is a conundrum to me. Dunno if he's a romantic winging it?)

Ingrid: *sighs content* I love you Zack. Night love bug *mumbles before actually sleeping*

(He isn't, also winging it, winged, unintentional pun?)

Zack: Night. *He finally falls asleep.*
Hahaha yes unintentional. I didn't even notice that. Awe Zack doesn't love Ingrid back ;-; *plays all by myself* I feel like he's a tsundere xD but why sir?

Hahaha yes unintentional. I didn't even notice that. Awe Zack doesn't love Ingrid back ;-; *plays all by myself* I feel like he's a tsundere xD but why sir?
He does love her, hell, I don't know, I guess he feels like a tsundere because he is a paranoid person who acted coldly towards Ingrid? I mean that is the literal definition of Tsundere.

He does love her, hell, I don't know, I guess he feels like a tsundere because he is a paranoid person who acted coldly towards Ingrid? I mean that is the literal definition of Tsundere.
Its ok she is used to being treated different. Her mechanism for love is to cling onto that person as much as possible to at least be needed or wanted one day by that person before they leave her. Not to say Zack will but she doesn't care if he is not or is great at their relationship. His kindness, company and reciprication of love in his own way is enough to her to be swayed to love the big lug. Paranoia or not. If this does not make sense I apologize I am tired lol. I should sleep too. Good night good sir

(He isn't, also winging it, winged, unintentional pun?)

Zack: Night. *He finally falls asleep.*
Ingrid: *wakes up to trickling water from a light, morning rain. She turns around surprised to see Zack sleeping at her side. A smile tugs her lips as stares at his sleeping form admiring him as a hand cups his face, thumb rubs circles on his cheeks* I'm proud of you *whispers as a kiss is placed on top of his head*

Yo, gents, I have to say the following weeks, I might not be able to post much, starting today in fact, don't be surprised if you see me post a day or two later, sorry.
Ingrid: *wakes up to trickling water from a light, morning rain. She turns around surprised to see Zack sleeping at her side. A smile tugs her lips as stares at his sleeping form admiring him as a hand cups his face, thumb rubs circles on his cheeks* I'm proud of you *whispers as a kiss is placed on top of his head*
Zack: *snores and his mandible made clicking noises.* Huh... oh, it's morning.

Yo, gents, I have to say the following weeks, I might not be able to post much, starting today in fact, don't be surprised if you see me post a day or two later, sorry.

Zack: *snores and his mandible made clicking noises.* Huh... oh, it's morning.
(Awe....ok well take it easy whatever your doing or is happening)

Ingrid: Yes and you're also finally sleeping beside me. So proud.*still laying down petting him*

I'm back! :) At least kind of. My replies may still a bit slow, but more frequent than once in two weeks at least, haha.

So what do you guys think about the schedules? I was thinking of starting off the day with letting people take a moment or so to eat breakfeast, and kinda skim, over them going to their seperate classes and stuff for a bit, then lunch. After that maybe a PE (*cough cough* Self defense cause winged soldier training *cough cough*) class which is grouped by dorm (meaning everyone in this rp will be in the same PE class). After that, skimming over another class or two, then afterschool stuff (whatever everyone wants to do afterschool), dinner, and night-ness.

So what do you guys think about the schedules? I was thinking of starting off the day with letting people take a moment or so to eat breakfeast, and kinda skim, over them going to their seperate classes and stuff for a bit, then lunch. After that maybe a PE (*cough cough* Self defense cause winged soldier training *cough cough*) class which is grouped by dorm (meaning everyone in this rp will be in the same PE class). After that, skimming over another class or two, then afterschool stuff (whatever everyone wants to do afterschool), dinner, and night-ness.
I am so ready for what you have in store :D

so I wanna join, but I haven't gotten much info/found it. All I know was that it was bird people and it reminded me of a book I read in highschool and I got hooked. but please explain more.

what do I need to know?

Comet Comet

Here's the basic posts that made the lore:
Humans are just that. Human. They build. They create. They expand. But only on land. Rarely do they venture past their save haven of ground, and when they do it is often just for a visit, or to travel to yet another landmass. Until planes were made, they never even made it any higher than they could climb. Or so they think.
Mythology speaks of a number of humanoids gifted with flight. Daedalus and Icarus, Horus, Thoth, Valkyries, Harpies, the list goes on and on. While most of these myths are far from real, many hold a grain of truth.
For eons, gifted people have soared through the skies unbeknownst to the humans that presided below. They lived happily, freely, wildly. In forests and mountain ranges, anywhere their wings could take them.
Most stayed to themselves, but a few decided to make contact with the mysterious humans. The results of these visits varied greatly. Sometimes they would be worshiped as gods and goddesses, other times burned at the stake for being "witches". Some were destined to be remembered in legend, others as only a dark omen.
Over time, the winged began to seperate themselves from humans, retreating deeper into the wilderness due to the disasters that were often caused. All but a few. A greedy raven winged king declared that they should be the rulers of the humans, and began to attack. With their superior fighting ablities, the winged decimated human forces across the entire continent. Eventually, humans began to take a stand. They readied their nets and canons, catapults and swords, and fought with every tactic that could bring them any semblance of hope. The king remained sure of his victory. In the end, this overconfidence was his downfall.
After the winged lost the war, they retreated into the wilds once again, and the humans were happy to watch them go.
Over the eons, the war faded into legend, a fable parents told their kids to scare them into not wandering through the woods at night. But as the memory dissolved, so did any places free of human intervention. In the year 1997, the winged were finally forced to make contact with humans again. The monsters of the stories were back, and the humans weren't too happy about it. They were treated like science experiments at best, and slaves at worst. Slowly though, they found a place in society. Granted, it wasn't the best of places.
They were forced to wear shock collars that tracked them at all times, delivering a stinging zap if they took flight anywhere that they were forbidden to (pretty much everywhere). Humans hated them, kicking them out of establishments, believing them to be nothing but monsters. Eventually, one place was created for them. An experimental academy for the winged. A supposed safe haven. New to the world and ready to accept students.
But not everything is as it seems. Something is strange here. Something is wrong.

So yeah. This is just an interest check, so I won't be going into excessive detail (yet), but I do want to explain the whole "winged" thing. First of all, I'll probably come up with a better name than winged (kinda sounds like something from KFC).
Second, be creative with the wings. They could be real wings (bird/bat/bug/etc), they can be mythological wings (pheonix/dragon/etc), they can be some weird wacky thing (leaves/... uh, rocks?), do whatever you like! Be creative and have fun! They'll be able to have extra aspects aside from the wings (a moth person being able to see at night, a pheonix being able to set themselves on fire, a falcon person being slightly faster than average, etc) but try not to be overpowered. Naturally, one character might be stronger than another, but try not to have your character able to do everything. No one wants to be roleplaying with someone who goes "SUPER ULTRA MEGA GOD POWERS, ACTIVATE!" whenever their character encounters a problem.

And this seems like a lot of typing for just an interest check, so I'll save the less important for when/if this roleplay starts. If you're interested in this concept, please post here so I know people actually want to do this. If you have any questions/concerns feel free to ask!
Me, realizing I can put the rp spoilers in a spoiler:

Okay, so here's the options
It was between mind control and cloning. Both are using the academy as an expierement (so they want a good range of winged to expierementify, which is why there aren't many requirements to get into the school), and trying to make an army to of super soldiers to sell off to goverments and/or whoever is willing to pay more.

The mind control I was thinking would be based on emotions, so they can only alter the chemical balances that cause emotion, but they use this to condition the winged to do what they want. They make them angry to get them to attack, relaxed and/or scared and/or happy to get them to stop (changes from winged to winged, whichever proves more effective), and cause panic attacks/zap them as punishment when the don't do what they want. Since it's only really emotion control, they still are able to get the winged to attack effectively without controlling all of their decisions on how to attack, as long as the winged know how to fight, so they'd probably have the training for that and use self defense class/PE as a cover. I'd think they'd keep the whole "mind control" thing a secret for as long as they could (and even condition those who figure it out to have a panic attack/trigger an alarm that gives them a panic attack or something whenever they try to mention it to the others?) So yeah, angsty, emotional drama, character developement (cause that could be a lot of guilt if they attack someone and don't know why, so they might need some comforting or somethin, and other situations of course, but that's the first that came to mind).

The second was just a clone winged army. Wonder which one I thought over more XD
(We went with option one)
Alright everyone, I'm planning to start tomorrow afternoon, so you might want to finish up your character sheets if you still have W.I.P. ones.

Also, here is some info that I've finally decided on.

The academy is called StormCatcher Academy:

Every winged in this character in this rp will be in block 4C. This means that they go to classes together, and live on the same floor in the dorms (floor four, the top one). Every dorm room will have 2-3 roommates, so if you have your heart set on rooming your character with anyone specific, I recomend you work that out. For anyone who doesn't really care, we can use random generators.

The students will arrive at afternoon-ish so about 4:00, maybe 5:00, and classes will start the next day they're there.

Here's a map thing of the school:
View attachment 536217

Very detailed

The school itself is brick, but painted light gray. There's a big glass dome on top of the courtyard, and some arch thingmadoodles on the entrance.The dorms are four floors high, the ground floor being the cafeteria, and the consecutive floors having a common room area and the seperate bedrooms (the bedrooms are pretty small, and the common room is the main living space area thing). The library/computer lab is four levels high as well, but the elevator doesn't go to the fourth one, and the stairs are cut off by a door at the third floor. The Nurse's office, principal's office, and whatever other offices we end up needing, are in that little corner thing. The courtyard (probably should've called it a quad but I'm too lazy to change that now) is a big grassy field with a circular stage in the middle. All of the classrooms, dorms, etc. are pretty sparsly decorated, and rarely have more than the bare minimum.

So yeah. Feel free to ask questions and stuff!

IN SUMMARY: There are people with wings. People hate wingeds. Wingeds have to wear shock collars that prevent them from flying, and their life sucks aside from that too cause they don't have many rights (they can't be murdered, but aside from that) and, again, people hate them. Suddenly: School appears. School is for wingeds and they can foy there and be wingeds. But, secretly, the school is gonna use mind control by switching the wingeds shock collars (something they did when everyone entered the school, you can just say your character already had it switched and stuff) and gonna use them to mind control them and make a winged army to sell. They're using the academy to lure the wingeds and train them for army-ness.

(Please don't just read the summary though, the lore posts explain it better)

so I wanna join, but I haven't gotten much info/found it. All I know was that it was bird people and it reminded me of a book I read in highschool and I got hooked. but please explain more.

what do I need to know?

Welcome to the hive mind! I mean... Roleplay! Prepare to be assimilated! I mean accommodated!

Aight, so, I just remembered I cast Jonah as a New Yorker. I've been forgetting to sprinkle New-Yorkan words into his vocab. Normally I'd just pass it off as whatever, but then I remembered that he also grew up homeless for a chunk of his life. WHERE'S MY CONTINUITY ;A;

Aight, so, I just remembered I cast Jonah as a New Yorker. I've been forgetting to sprinkle New-Yorkan words into his vocab. Normally I'd just pass it off as whatever, but then I remembered that he also grew up homeless for a chunk of his life. WHERE'S MY CONTINUITY ;A;
Ingrid: *hugs Jonah* You're part of our family now :3 the hive

I'll have to get to it on a later day asi work every day during the week and my schedule is always jammed during the week. But I'll try!

Sounds great to me! :) Just one tiny thing I've noticed is that there is quite a lot of cafeteria time - which isn't bad or anything because the characters can chat there and develop their relationships, yada yada. If the breakfast/lunch/dinner times are in detail every day, though, they might get a bit repetitive after a few days ICly - but we'll see how things develop, anyway.
In any case, I'm excited for classes and everything in between already. :closed eyes open smile:

And of course, Comet Comet , welcome! ^33^

Ingrid: what's the uncle been up tah these days?

Jonah: eh. Tony kicked the bucket.

... No, seriously. He came home mad tight the other day, kicked a bucket lying on the ground and broke his toe. He's in the hospital getting a cast, na' mean?

Jonah: eh. Tony kicked the bucket.

... No, seriously. He came home mad tight the other day, kicked a bucket lying on the ground and broke his toe. He's in the hospital getting a cast, na' mean?
Your uncld did? *cringe* so sorry damn sounds painful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back