• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Soaring OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Hello everyone ~

I normally don't like posting my CS unfinished, but I thought it would be good if you could at least see if my wings/abilities are within the scope of what you imagined, T Tinytiger28 .

Kinda feel weird I'm the only one giving my OC abilities, although tbf, most of them are supersized of what a hornet already has, so I guess it's not too outrageous.

Kinda feel weird I'm the only one giving my OC abilities, although tbf, most of them are supersized of what a hornet already has, so I guess it's not too outrageous.
Well, my character has abilities too, even though they aren't particularly flashy, I suppose.

I was thinking about his origami creations being able to fly if they are birds/butterflies/..., but it felt too much like magic in the end. Maybe it would work if the paper creatures are made from his wings, but that wouldn't happen a lot, anyway, because who really rips off part of their body to watch a toy fly around?

I mean ripping off your body part for entertainment is pretty
5q56duwunqd11.jpg

dragonwriter_will dragonwriter_will Hyelin Hyelin Benthelame Benthelame Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel Felis Felis Deary Deary Yushin Yushin CriticalRogue CriticalRogue

Sorry for tagging you guys so much, but I have some important questions for you!

Anyone have a preference for where the school is located? I'm keeping it on a coastline, and I'm planning on using California, but if you have any different ideas that you prefer, then feel free to tell me!

And, for the second, more important question. At this point, due to the interest check message, it's probably obvious that there is a twist. Now, I do have two ideas for this twist, but there's a couple of problems.

The first option is kind of hard to roleplay without telling you what the twist is. I think it's a little bit cliche, but slightly different than this trope usually is. It would easily provide a lot of angst, emotional drama, and room for character/relationship development. It might be possible to do it and keep the surprise secret, or just tell a select few that are willing to give up the "surprise factor" to help do it. The end goal will most likely end up having an escape-y feel, with a lot of possibility for character bonding and romantic subplots. Personally, I like this option a bit more than the other, but I'm still pretty split on the issue.

The second option would be fairly easy to do without revealing the surprise. I think it's pretty cliche, but little less than the first option. It doesn't have much difference from the classic trope style of it, though. It does provide at least a little room for angst, emotional drama, and character development/etc, but I don't think it's nearly as much as option one, nor as easily. It could have a bit of shock factor for a bit, but the emotional impact would probably pass quickly (though everyone reacts independently and stuff, so maybe that's just my opinion). It does also have room for subplots and stuff, but you'd have to be really creative with it.

So, what do you guys think? I can tell you the actual twist options, but I don't want to spoil it for people who don't want it to be spoiled, so just start a conversation with me if you're fine with knowing, and I'll tell you. If not, just choose whichever one you think is best. (honestly, it's probably easy to guess, but eh???)

P.S. The academy is gonna be a boarding school, and I'm thinking that everyone will be organized in "classes" (they go to the same classes, or at least, the important ones, together) and we are gonna roleplay a single class together (the rest will probably be NPCs). The classes will probably organize the dorm setup, but if you don't like the class idea, please tell me so I can see if everyone hates it or something so that I can try to switch to a different system

Last edited:
personally, I'm rooting for option one. If needs be, I'm fine to be spoiled if it means helping the rp :D

Option one sounds good to me, actually. More options for character interaction and development can't be bad, right? And I don't mind some spoilers, either. With RPs, the details of how exactly things come to pass aren't set in stone, anyway, even if you roughly know what's going to happen, so I'm fine in that regard.

And for the location, I really have no preference. Coast sounds great, but I don't really mind wherever. Though places with 300+ days of rain per year would be a bit mean to my character, haha.

Option one sound good to me, spoilers are perfectly A-Okay~!
Location.. yeah i don’t have anything in mind.. so coastline Cali sounds utterly fine.

Other than that, how’s everyone doing...?

Option one sound good to me, spoilers are perfectly A-Okay~!
Location.. yeah i don’t have anything in mind.. so coastline Cali sounds utterly fine.

Other than that, how’s everyone doing...?

IMG_1689.jpeg
I made a crane riding a t-rex. It took some glue, and it's got a lot of marker stains, but I like it.

Me, realizing I can put the rp spoilers in a spoiler:

Okay, so here's the options
It was between mind control and cloning. Both are using the academy as an expierement (so they want a good range of winged to expierementify, which is why there aren't many requirements to get into the school), and trying to make an army to of super soldiers to sell off to goverments and/or whoever is willing to pay more.

The mind control I was thinking would be based on emotions, so they can only alter the chemical balances that cause emotion, but they use this to condition the winged to do what they want. They make them angry to get them to attack, relaxed and/or scared and/or happy to get them to stop (changes from winged to winged, whichever proves more effective), and cause panic attacks/zap them as punishment when the don't do what they want. Since it's only really emotion control, they still are able to get the winged to attack effectively without controlling all of their decisions on how to attack, as long as the winged know how to fight, so they'd probably have the training for that and use self defense class/PE as a cover. I'd think they'd keep the whole "mind control" thing a secret for as long as they could (and even condition those who figure it out to have a panic attack/trigger an alarm that gives them a panic attack or something whenever they try to mention it to the others?) So yeah, angsty, emotional drama, character developement (cause that could be a lot of guilt if they attack someone and don't know why, so they might need some comforting or somethin, and other situations of course, but that's the first that came to mind).

The second was just a clone winged army. Wonder which one I thought over more XD

It was between mind control and cloning. Both are using the academy as an expierement (so they want a good range of winged to expierementify, which is why there aren't many requirements to get into the school), and trying to make an army to of super soldiers to sell off to goverments and/or whoever is willing to pay more.

The mind control I was thinking would be based on emotions, so they can only alter the chemical balances that cause emotion, but they use this to condition the winged to do what they want. They make them angry to get them to attack, relaxed and/or scared and/or happy to get them to stop (changes from winged to winged, whichever proves more effective), and cause panic attacks/zap them as punishment when the don't do what they want. Since it's only really emotion control, they still are able to get the winged to attack effectively without controlling all of their decisions on how to attack, as long as the winged know how to fight, so they'd probably have the training for that and use self defense class/PE as a cover. I'd think they'd keep the whole "mind control" thing a secret for as long as they could (and even condition those who figure it out to have a panic attack/trigger an alarm that gives them a panic attack or something whenever they try to mention it to the others?) So yeah, angsty, emotional drama, character developement (cause that could be a lot of guilt if they attack someone and don't know why, so they might need some comforting or somethin, and other situations of course, but that's the first that came to mind).

The second was just a clone winged army. Wonder which one I thought over more XD

the first option either conflicts with or perfectly matches my Character's ability since he can regulate brain chemicals to promote peace and chill. If you want me to change my character cuz of this I'm more than happy to, but just thought you should know. You know, just in case you need some cataclysms for any special events :)

the first option either conflicts with or perfectly matches my Character's ability since he can regulate brain chemicals to promote peace and chill. If you want me to change my character cuz of this I'm more than happy to, but just thought you should know. You know, just in case you need some cataclysms for any special events :)

Next time plz mention that on the character sheet because that would've been nice to know cause wow so many possibilities but it really depends on what you want and I have no idea why I'm still using strikethrough

Hmmm I wonder lmao. Option one sounds fun lol

Option one still sounds good to me!

Also, I'm really sorry, but I may not be able to post this weekend at all, if the RP were to start already. :closedeyescryingfrown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back