• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Soaring IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

Interactions: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell
Mentions: Yushin Yushin , Comet Comet , T Tinytiger28
Setsuro was torn between following Jonah, who had gone to meet the girl with the large, dark wings and keeping the people still at the table company. He was itching to get to know yet another winged, but maybe two new people at once would overwhelm the girl? If Setsuro had learned something from his interactions yesterday was that he needed to rein in his enthusiasm and learn how to go through introductions in an ordinary way, like everyone else did. Maybe he should just sit this one out?

Artemis' comment brought Setsuro to a decision. "Oh, I don't think it has anything to do with you," he hurried to reassure her, shifting to a more comfortable position in his chair. "This food just doesn't keep people at the table for long, I suppose." He poked at his soppy cereals as if to demonstrate his point, then tried to force down a few more bites.

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Courtyard/ Interactions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )

Ingrid gapes as the Hornet consumes the entire flower leaving only the stem. As cute as it was to watch him eat, she felt a slight sense of irritation. Her left eye twitched as she spoke, "That flower was for you to smell and hunt down my journal. The last thing that I stuck in between the pages is a fresh Giant Hyssop flower. Specifically the very same one you just ate." She seethed then hung her head sighing before plucking another. "I know bees-err Hornets can scavenge for nectar to eat. Either that or I'm confusing you for a hound dog." She murmured starting to contemplate before shaking her head dismissing those thoughts focusing on the flower shoved in Zack's face. "Please....pretty please Mister?" She cooed pouting and placing the most adorable puppy face as the tip of the spiral flower tickles his mandibles.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Comet Comet )
"Nice to meet you, Aliyah Jones." He said, affirming his greeting. "Not to come off as rude or anything, but I noticed you were about to leave without eating anything," he sheepishly added.

Jonah could tell she was self-conscious about her wings. He knew that it was probably the reason she was leaving, after the whole domino-fiasco.

"Did you want to grab something? I mean, the food in the cafeteria isn't all that great, but it's edible if there's nothing else." He laughed at his own joke. Aliyah was probably only the second or third person he's had a proper conversation with since arriving at the school, he didn't want to embarrass himself. Not yet at least.

Aliyah's cheeks flushed a light pink as he mentioned her leaving without eating. She didn't want to mention what happened, hoping he didn't see it. She nodded softly, her stomach growling quietly. She was really hungry, but didn't want to have another issue with her wings. "I would love to get some food. But uh... I'm having issues." She chuckled softly at her word choice and looked down at the ground.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Comet Comet )​

Yeah. He saw. Jonah racked his brain for an idea.

"How about I grab you a tray and we can eat outside?" He proposed, "You like open-air dining?"

He grinned a bit at his witticism, his cheeks flushing a bit as he realized how corny he sounded. This is not how you make friends... He thought to himself.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Courtyard>Random Hallway I Interactions: Deary Deary

"Oh, I'm sorry." Zachary expressed as he took Ingrids hand by the wrist, turned around and began moving towards the building they just exited, he took a sharp turn right whilst his antennae rapidly moved on top of his head, turning left, right, up and down. He suddenly paused in his movement and turned his head to look at certain directions. He let out a low hmmm before letting go of Ingrid's hand, the hallway they were in was a long and hand a smooth twist like a snake at the end. At the corner of the hallway there was a single large trashcan."Journal inside." Zachary said to Ingrid whilst pointing downwards at the opening of the trashcan.

A smile came to Aliyah's face as she nodded, bringing her eyes back to his. "I would actually love that.. thank you." She said to him as her eyes shifted towards the line. He was really willing to go get her food then sit with her outside? For her?? She was confused and happy with what he was doing. Such a nice boy. She stood awkwardly there for a minute, not knowing if she should move to the back of the cafeteria and wait, or stay here.
(I'm still half asleep right now and couldn't think properly, I'm sorry. xD)
Yushin Yushin

Jonah Corvidae

"Don't mention it!" He smiled back, glad to be doing a good deed and not immediately falling on someone's bad side. Pushing through the throng of wings, he made his way to the cafeteria line was made immensely shorter by a few kind words and favours. Maybe even a promise of paying pack, here and there. What he emerged with was two trays of... well... slop... But it was the best slop there, he made sure of it. He thought it was meant to be eggs? Maybe porridge? It looked edible, just not definable. Nonetheless, he made his way back as quickly as possible.

He handed the tray to his waiting acquaintance, as though it were lobster on a silver platter. "Sorry for the wait!"

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Courtyard> Hallway/ Tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )
Ingrid yelps as she's tugged then released halfway through the hallway left behind as the Hornet turns the corner. Ingrid follows the dazed insect finding him standing in front of a trashbin. Lucky for her it's empty except for her journal inside as comfirmed by him. She saddens pulling her journal out of the bin. Though she is relieved to retrieve her journal, the inside was soiled with dirt and dried up flowers taped in. "Thank goodness." She whispered lightly touching the cover. She turns to him and smiles bright. "Thank you!" She clings onto Zack planting a kiss to his cheek. "You have no idea how much this means to me." The raven remained clung on the bug. Legs and arms wraped around him nuzzling him returning to her oddball self. "You must really be part blood hound." She teased.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Hallway I Interactions: Deary Deary
Zack was taken a back at this display of affection, nobody had shown him this before and he was admittedly a bit confused on how to react. "Hehe, well... it was uh..." a brief pause in his speaking. "It was nothing." He regained his composure. "Anyway, what class do you have right? I have bio first today." The hornet exclaimed while slowly grasping the raven's hand.

Aliyah smiled once he landed her the plate and apologised for the wait. She didn't notice there was a wait. "It's no worries. Thank you so much for doing that for me." A slight hint of blush came to her cheeks that she quickly got rid of before stepping to the side with her plate of slop and nodded towards the door. "You can lead the way if you would like."
Yushin Yushin

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Hallway/ Tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )
Ingrid peels off of Zack first before answering. "I have English. Sadly." She blushed starting to feel something in her stomachs. Nerves? Butterflies? Who knows, but she was happy. "We might not see each other until Lunch maybe even after, but I plan to lurk around for...my own reasons." She said. "Why do you ask? Awe, you miss me already?" She sneered petting the side of his face like some sort of cat. It may not have any effect on him, but it didn't hurt to try and tease the bug.

Jonah Corvidae

A smile, then a step out the door.

Jonah made confident strides, walking forward with an assurance that would put the most certain of people to shame.

... All to cover up that he had no clue how to get outside. If I keep walking, He reasoned in his head, I'll eventually find an escape... right?

Despite this, it took him much longer than it should have to find the obvious gaping entrance to the courtyard. A faint blush and a nervous chuckle, he moved his hand across the vision of the doorway as though he were a ringmaster announcing a spectacle.

"I present to you, the outside!" He said with the voice of a showman. He prayed that Aliyah would not hear the forced extravagance in his words.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Hallway I Interactions: Deary Deary
Zachary paused at Ingrid's question, will he actually miss her? who knows. "Well, I might actually miss you since you are the only person here that I can tolerate, heck, even appreciate being around, so maybe." Zack moved his head close to Ingrid and snapped his mandibles just in front of her nose. "You sneer, I sneer back in my own way, Hehehe." Zack was still confused on his feelings for Ingrid but he was sure they were pretty positive feelings.

Jonah Corvidae

A smile, then a step out the door.

Jonah made confident strides, walking forward with an assurance that would put the most certain of people to shame.

... All to cover up that he had no clue how to get outside. If I keep walking, He reasoned in his head, I'll eventually find an escape... right?

Despite this, it took him much longer than it should have to find the obvious gaping entrance to the courtyard. A faint blush and a nervous chuckle, he moved his hand across the vision of the doorway as though he were a ringmaster announcing a spectacle.

"I present to you, the outside!" He said with the voice of a showman. He prayed that Aliyah would not hear the forced extravagance in his words.

Aliyah giggled a little at his extravagant way of showing her the outside. She smiled at him as she walked past him and closed her eyes. She breathed in deeply as she stretched her wings out to their full length. It felt great to stretch them out for once. She wasn't going to hit anyone with them for once and she was loving it. Her eyes opened once more as she looked for a place the two could see and found a shady spot the two could sit at. Her feet started Leading her that way before sitting down on the green grass under a tree and waited for him to join her. She hoped he was okay with this spot.
Yushin Yushin

Jonah Corvidae

The girl's full wingspan astounded him as she stretched out. A few wayward rays of morning sunlight gleamed between her wings, creating a perfectly picturesque painting before him. By all means, her swan-like plumes put to shame his own black feathers that lay seemingly out of place among his crown of charcoal hair.

As she placed herself down in the shade of a tree, Jonah thought to himself how strange that all the winged he had met up until this point were so welcoming. It was... a change, for sure, but a most welcome one. He knelt down in the grass holding his own tray and sighed. Any stress he had pent up left his body with the exhale as a bolt of his ability coursed throughout his being.

A sense of comfort fell upon him, and he was satisfied.

Aliyah smiled when she noticed how relaxed he was here and relaxed herself. She looked down at her food, it didn't look appetizing but her stomach still growled. Her gaze moved back over to Jonah, a now small smirk on her face as she asked him, "you think the food is gonna get better?"
Yushin Yushin

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Cafeteria - Tags: Felis Felis

Will glanced across the table, quickly realizing that almost everyone had left. Too bad...
He paused, forcing down a couple more grey egg heaps. When was breakfast ending? Wait... when was class even starting? He turned to read a nearby clock. Five minutes until class started.
"Oh crap-" He didn't even have his bag. Jolting out of his seat and beginning to sprint down toward the stairs to snatch his bag, he yelled, "Classstartingsoonsorrygottagobye!" All in one breath as he disappeared around the corner.

After darting up the stairs, he practically flew into his room, snatching his bag from the top bunk. Quickly, he pounded back to the ground floor and across the quad. He burst into his math class just as the sound of a bell cut through the air.

Jonah Corvidae

Jonah placed a spoonful of mush in his mouth, tasted it, then swallowed with a pained expression.

"Maybe if they hire a new cook." He said, chuckling as he caught the smirk on her face. "Right now, it tastes like something out of a Lovecraft novel."

He regretted not bringing any of his own food before coming. He recalled the burnt mess he was served on time when he was boarding at the house of a nice family in the Bronx. As sweet as the mother was, her "meatloaf" was less so. He wished he could eat that over the slop he was eating for breakfast.

logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

Interactions: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell
Mentions: T Tinytiger28
Setsuro had only just decided that this was about as much as he could stomach of this breakfast when Will shot up from his seat next to him, shouting something about classes starting. With somewhat of a start, Setsuro realized that he had no idea when his own classes started, or what sort of classes he was even signed up for. Frowning, he got up as well, said goodbye to Artemis and returned his tray. If classes did start at the full hour, Setsuro was going to be significantly late anyway, whether he hurried or not.

Indeed his classes had the same start time as Will's, and thus, a good fifteen minutes later, a considerably abashed Setsuro slipped into the English literature classroom with a mumbled apology. At least there was still a free seat in one of the rows farther back, and once Setsuro had sat down, the teacher stopped shooting him an angry glare.

That hadn't gone so well, but it could still have been worse, Setsuro supposed. Seemingly, the teachers were a bit more lenient on the first day and took the extra time less direction-savvy students needed to find their way to the classroom into account. Even though technically Setsuro hadn't gotten lost, his delay of ten minutes could still be explained this way, luckily.

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Hallway> Classroom/ Tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )
Ingrid stared at Zachary, astonished by his comment. She couldn't believe he could withstand her even when she knew how ridiculously tiring she can be. She blushed, then howled with laughed still finding hard to believe. A tear is wiped once she's calmed down. "That's funny and flattering. No need to be nice. I know I'm a handful." She pulled her hand away from his stuffing her journal in her satchel. "Thank you for helping me." She chirped patting his head. Zack then did thr unexpected causing her to jump at the sound of a 'snap'. "Did you just threaten me?" She huffed baffled. No he sneered at her in his own sickly way. She could appreciate his humor actually finding herself chuckling over his joke. "Well I better get going. Perhaps we'll see each other around. Good day Mr. Bee." She teased having the last laugh as she taked off to her first class. The air left in her throat is finally let out. Her heart was punding giving her a weird sense of feeling. Her palms were even sweaty and it was only active after he pinned her to protect her. A kind gesture noboday has ever done. Of course she could develop a crush like that, but romance was tbe last thing on her mind. It has to he set aside for now.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Hallway > Closet > Classroom I Interactions/mentions: Deary Deary
"See ya around, Ingrid." Zachary said before turning his back and began proceeding to his classroom, his feet felt heavy as he slowly walked away from their meeting place, he felt weird and was confused by the whole ordeal, why is he protecting an outsider, let alone a winged that isn't even an insect, he believes that question would have to be answered later. While walking towards his classroom, he encountered the some of the people who had chased Ingrid down the hall, 3 of them, 2 males and 1 female, their backs facing his front, his visions narrowed and his footsteps became lighter than the majestic hummingbird as he crept up behind them, the slowest of them, a guy was a dragging behind the first two and he did not even notice Zachary trailing behind him, almost breathing down his neck. Zachary paused and analyzed the area, noting a closet door, Perfect, he thought as he flung his arms forward, his right past the guys head and clamping down on his mouth, his left wrapped itself around his neck like boa snake. He swiftly moved back towards the closet, he lifted up his leg backwards and gripped the door knob, twisting it then opening it. Inside the closet, Zack loosens his hold on the guy's neck and he begins to murmur "MMMMRRM" Zachary however remains silent, he tightens his stranglehold and begins counting the seconds 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9 and 10. The guy loses consciousness and Zachary utilizes the closet's paint supplies to write various depreciative messages on the unconscious guy's body, he slightly opens the door and finds that his friends are gone, he quickly tosses the body out and sprints towards his classroom, slowing down into a cool stride to enter on time and before the professor did.

Jonah Corvidae

Jonah placed a spoonful of mush in his mouth, tasted it, then swallowed with a pained expression.

"Maybe if they hire a new cook." He said, chuckling as he caught the smirk on her face. "Right now, it tastes like something out of a Lovecraft novel."

He regretted not bringing any of his own food before coming. He recalled the burnt mess he was served on time when he was boarding at the house of a nice family in the Bronx. As sweet as the mother was, her "meatloaf" was less so. He wished he could eat that over the slop he was eating for breakfast.

Aliyah shrugged. “They probably won’t hire a new cook. I don’t think they think highly of us so we’re stuck with food like this.” she picked up a spoonful then tipped it over so it fell back down on the plate with a smack. “This looks disgusting but I don’t want to starve so..” she put a small spoonful in her mouth and made a face. She finally swallowed it before looking at him with another shrug. “Either this or nothing.”

Jonah Corvidae

"Bummer."

A cool breeze hailed from above. It was a welcome sensation. "Yeah, I suppose it's at least something. We have a roof over our heads, food in our mouths. For what it lacks in comfort, I guess it's at least an improvement from my situation before."

He shoveled another spoonful of breakfast surprise into his mouth, greatful it was supposedly eggs and not half-eaten pizza crusts from behind Tony's on 38th Ave.

Aliyah nodded as she took another bite of her own food and looked off at the courtyard. It was a change for all of them, no more hiding from people, everything should start improving for everyone. Winged people was finally being accepted and this was the first step. She looked down at the watch on her wrist and sighed. “It’s almost class time, what is your first class?” She asked him, her gaze moving towards his.
Yushin Yushin

Jonah Corvidae

"My first class?"

He turned away for a second, consulting his memory. "Easy! it's..."

He paused again. "I'm sure it was..."

Jonah began to chew on his lip, a habit formed over years of attempting to remember things.

"I... have no clue." He gave a nervous shrug. "My memory's not the most reliable force on earth."

A new struggle presented itself. If He couldn't remember first class, he'd probably set a poor first impression with the teacher. The last thing he needed was a semester of dirty looks and first pick for questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back