• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Soaring IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Cafeteria - Tags: Yushin Yushin Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Felis Felis

Will shrugged, taking a bite of the grayed matter on his plate that he assumed were supposed to be eggs. Screwing up his nose a bit at the blandness and the slimy texture, he paused, forcing himself to swallow. "Wouldn't go for the eggs." He croaked, placing his fork back onto the tray. "They're worse than-" Will paused, about to compare it to his brother's terrible cooking. He would give anything just to have another meal with him again, terrible food and all.
His mouth felt dry, and it wasn't from the eggs. "Cardboard." He finished his sentence, realizing that he had trailed off. "Tastes worse than cardboard."
Taking Jonah's question as a welcome distraction, Will answered quickly. "Oh man, I was out before my head hit the pillow." He said, giving a chuckle. It didn't sound forced unless you were looking for the low tone that haunted his voice.

logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

Interactions: T Tinytiger28 , Yushin Yushin , Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
Setsuro returned Jonah's smile, then frowned again as he bit into his kind of stale bread. "So I suppose everything tastes basically the same?" he asked after Will's comment. "I'm kind of hoping it isn't actual cardboard, though, I'd feel a bit weird eating that, because, you know..." Setsuro made a small motion at his wings, then shrugged with a sheepish grin. He knew his jokes were lacking, but he hoped that they were at least not as awful as the food.

"I slept like a stone, too," he answered Jonah's question. "I just laid down and that was it. I overslept a little, even. So, um, K?" Setsuro shifted in his seat as he made his second attempt at conversation with the hornet winged, "Do you mean that you don't sleep at all? Like, you don't need to? Because I think that's kinda... no, really awesome, actually." He shot a nervous smile at K, then hid his face behind his mug, half expecting to be chased from the table now.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Cafeteria I Interactions: Yushin Yushin T Tinytiger28 Felis Felis
"No. Able to fall asleep, paranoia kept me awake, meditative state enabled rest while body remained on guard." He replied to Setsuro before shaking his head. "Told you about the food, not good. I could cook a better meal." He told his fellow winged while rubbing the back of his neck with his right hand. What was that drone speak just now? Drone speak usually happens when I get combative, I guess the paranoia got me again. He thought as his wings made minuscule movements, back and forth, sort of like he was stretching them. He adjusted his sitting posture as he pulled his right leg down and back on the ground, he slouched his upper body forwards, crossing his arms on the table.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian T Tinytiger28 Felis Felis )​

Setsuro's paper joke threw Jonah off-guard. The kid had sharp wit; always a welcome trait in his own opinion. He laughed a bit. "Don't worry. I'm pretty sure the distance between cardboard and paper is similar to the difference between human-flesh and bacon."

Zack's speech pattern seemed odd. It wasn't iambic pentameter or anything but it did have an odd sound to it. Short choppy sentences, delivering only the information required and nothing else.

"Hey, you okay?" He addressed Zack. "You seem a bit tense."

Aliyah Lyn Jones

Late as usual, a girl with black hair walked through the big double doors that led to a bustling cafeteria. She picked up the giant black wings that was slightly dragging on the floor behind her before pulling them into her back tightly to keep people from stepping on them and to stop them from banging into things. Of course you would have to be right on her heels in order to step on the wings, but they were bigger than the girl herself and it was easy for her to just.. turn around and smack something away from someone. She didn't leave that front door for a good minute, her heart racing with uneasiness. Her breathing wasn't regulating as to her it seemed like the crowd was getting bigger and the room was getting smaller than it normally was. She can't do it. She was about to leave until someone shoved into her from behind. It was too late now to leave, she was noticed. She fumbled through the little carry on back-pack she had for her phone and headphones. Her hands were shaking as the noise of the cafeteria got louder in her ears. It took her a good five minute before she was finally able to turn her phone on, get the buds in her ears and switched on calming music. She looked around the room as her breathing started to finally get to normal levels. Now she was ready to face everything. She tightened her large wings against her back to make sure before walking down the isle towards the cafeteria line for some food.

Last edited:
Artemis Tresouski
Osprey Wings | Current location: Dorm- Stumbling into the cafeteria | Tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Felis Felis T Tinytiger28 Yushin Yushin

Artemis slowly lifted her head from her pillow, glancing around before looking up to the window. She grumbled quietly and peeked down to the bed below her. “Hm..” She mumbled, hopping out of the bed. As she slowly became a bit more awake, her eyes widened in panic “Shit!” she yelled, basically ripping off her clothing off and changing into some jeans and a backless t-shirt for her wings to get through. “Day 1, and of course I’m late, why wouldn’t I be..” She grumbled, half sprinting out of the room as she was buttoning up her pants. She looked like partial death, doing her best to run her fingers through her hair.

She busted through the cafeteria doors, breathing heavily and blushing faintly, sliding inside. She glanced down to her bare feet and shrugged, grabbing a tray and sliding through the line to grab what gray bullshit of slop they tried to feed her kind. She sighed faintly and glanced around the room. She blew a strand of hair from her face as she spotted Will. ‘Well, someone I know..’ Yet that table contained a few other semi-familiar faces. She knew K and WIll for sure, the other two she couldn’t remember. She tucked her wings in and strutted over, setting her food down at the end and leaned over the table “Morning, Will.. Er, K..?” She chuckled weakly,my, ignoring her chill “Mind if I sit here?” She smirked, trying to play off her sleepiness because god she was exhausted

"It's strange," Jonah remarked, peering around the cafeteria. "Real talk, Back in Brooklyn, you saw winged everywhere, but only here do you get a scope of how diverse each one is." He shifted his eggs around on his plate as he contemplated this. Brooklyn was his last hole, but he moved quite a bit after he lost his parents. First, it was the Bronx, then Manhattan, until he landed at a church near the bridge. Everywhere he went, winged just sorta... blended in. Here they stood out.

Speaking of standing out, he noticed a particular person with incredibly large black wings making her way toward the food line. "Like that," He said, pointing, "Large wings, four wings, bee wings. All of it just stands out here."

logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

Interactions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian , WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell , Yushin Yushin
Mentions: Comet Comet
"Ah, um, I see?" Setsuro hesitantly offered at K's explanation, unsure whether he should try to understand the hornet winged's peculiarities in detail. Well, considering yesterday, Setsuro decided not to push his luck and refrain from further personal questions - though he was still curious to know more about K. Maybe he could ask some other time, if things kept going in this positive direction.

His attention shifted when the second girl he had met yesterday arrived at the table, looking like she wasn't particularly fond of early mornings. "Morning, uh..." Setsuro began, then racked his mind for the correct name. It had been something unusual, so he should be able to remember... Arc? No. Art-something? Art, Art... "Artemis?" he finally tried. That at least was a name that he knew existed, so it was as good a try as any.

"Yeah, it's great!" Setsuro turned back to Jonah. "I've actually never seen so many winged before in my life, I think, so I'm really hyped for this year. I want to meet everyone! " He paused as he realized he was starting to bounce up and down in his seat with excitement, then laughed. "Well, uh... that's the general idea, anyway."

When he followed Jonah's indication with his eyes, Setsuro couldn't help but be amazed yet again when he spotted the girl with the large black wings Jonah was pointing out. "Oh! I didn't even know people's wings could get this huge," he muttered with wide eyes, trying very hard to keep them moving around the room enough to not obviously stare holes into the queuing student.

Aliyah Lyn Jones

Aliyah's ears grew hot with embarrassment as she watched a few people whisper. Where they about her stumbling anxiety when she came in? Or something else about her? Did she have toilet paper sticking to her foot? She looked down behind her feet, stretching her wings out a bit to see being her foot. She sighed in relief when she didn't see any and turned back around. In the instant of turning around, her wings smacked someone behind the head and smashed their face into a plate of food. oof. her face flushed with a light pink as she backed up away from the person who she just hit. She was using the tray in her hands to cover up the bottom half of her face. Only her eyes peaked out. Behind the tray she was whispering sorry but couldn't fully get the words out. Still having her wings slightly outstretched, she backed up into yet another student and slammed his body up against the table. She whipped around to say sorry to that student, finally tucking her wings in. She bowed towards the student, a very soft sorry escaped her lips. She put the tray down on the table amd pulled her earbuds out of her ears. It was just too much for her now. Her head hung low as she made her way towards the door, clearly skipping breakfast this morning.
(my tags won't work for me atm so I apologise)

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Cafeteria I Interactions: Yushin Yushin T Tinytiger28 Felis Felis WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell

"I'm fine, really." Zack's answer was really convincing, practice makes perfect as they say. "Yea, a lot of diverse winged are also present in the forest lands. You got parasitic Jeweled Wasps, the gluttonous locusts, all insects but different wings... Also, I'm not a bee stop calling me that." He relaxed his posture again, as he glanced at Artemis. "Morning, Artemis." He answered quickly and cleanly and turned his head away. He looked at the girl Setsuro mentioned and replied. "They are big, the biggest wings I've ever seen was on an Asian Dobsonfly, 23 feet. The battle was hard, punctured my exoskeleton and scratched up my wings, thankfully I was saved by the size of its wings." He said while keeping his eyesight on the girl. "Honestly, I'm just glad I had the strength and skill of CQC to survive until I got a chance against such a ferocious foe." He began to fiddle with his thumbs, going in a circular motion, he cracked his head left and right. After awhile Zack stood up. "i'm going to the dorm and get ready for class." He began moving towards the exit of the Cafeteria.

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Hallway/ Tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )
"Ahhhh! How in the hell did it end up like this?" Ingrid thought as she's chased by a angry, small mob of winged on her tail. She was so lucky to be wearing sneakers rather than heels. She'd be a dead man. She skirts making squeaking noises as she turns the corner finding an escape route. Zack. The hornet from last night. She runs up to the winged, breathless and pulls him down for a kiss to his cheek stayinging in that inconspicuous pose to hide her form. "Shhh! Don't move stay like this until they're gone." She whispers as the group of people pass by the cafeteria in a stampede. Once in the clear, she pulls away and sighs with great relief peering to her surroundings for any accomplices. "Thanks for that and salutations Zachary~! How are you this fine morning?" She chirps turning towards the Hornet.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Hallway I Interactions: Deary Deary
"Greetings, Ingrid." Zachary replied stunned and confused by the sudden kiss on the cheek."Do tell, why was that dreadful mob after you?" He said as he crossed his arms and widened his leg stance."It's only been 9 hours, 23 minutes and as of finishing this sentence 48 seconds, that you are present in this academy, not even 24 hours." The hornet adjusted his antennae so they faced backwards following the footsteps of the mob and noticed they are returning. He pushed Ingrid against the wall and placed his right hand next to her head on the wall, he lifted his pointer finger in front of his mandibles and made a shhhh sound, the mob ran by them again, failing to notice Ingrid or Zachary.He moved his head forward so he didn't need to speak so loud."Persistent crowd of undisciplined cowards. Apologies for this pose but they might come back, so stay like this."

Jonah watched the almost comical chain of events happen as the larger winged girl he had noticed a second ago shoved a few other people in a slap-stick fashion. The tone changed to something sadder when he realized she was making her way to the door.

"Hold on just a second," he addressed the table. "I'll be back in a sec."

Pushing through the horde of wings, he made his way over to where a pair of large black wings stood out from the crowd. He tapped her gently on the shoulder.

"Hey. You okay?"

Aliyah Lyn Jones

Aliyah tightened her wings against her back before she turned around to face the person that tapped her shoulder. Her brown eyes gazed over a black haired boy in front of her, her head tipped up very slightly to look at his face. Hearing his question towards her made her blink for a few minutes before answering him. She made a face as if she couldn't believe someone was talking to her. "Y-yeah, I'm fine. Just these wings tend to cause problems." she said to him before pulling the tips of her wings off the floor.
Yushin Yushin

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Hallway/ Tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )
Ingrid squeaks as she was not given enough time to answer when the hornet pinned her against the wall in a quick attempt to shield her from the mob. He sends her a shushing gesture. She blushes over the close proximity. She stood silent for her sake. All while doing so, she takes the time to admire Zachary's features. His soft fur, his dazling beady eyes, to his stripes, twitching antennea and most of all his voice. Regarless of earwrenching it is, this time it's audiable. "I don't mind if it's you." She whispered before realizing what she said. Why the hell did she? She wasn't supposed to be enjoying herself she's supposed to be freaked out over the mob of students whom stopped growing weary of the search. "Stupid raven freak! Come out damn it." A male shouts. "No use guys. She's nowhere to be found. Next time we'll catch that weirdo. She can't be that far with her stupidly large wings." The group disbands disappointed. Ingrid frowns reminded of how different she still is amongst her own kind. She didn't belong anywhere because of her curiosity. As if it was a crime to gain knowledge. Ingrid hangs her head low and sighs. She's used to it, but the words did have a tendency cut her just a bit. She'll be fine once she returns to herself in a split second. She sighs out of relief mixed with sadness. "It's a long story." Ingrid finally answered Zack. "I was curious of other people's abilities and their wings, their traits just as I am curious about you. I guess I offended them by touching their feathers and muttering theories. I accidentally plucked a feather from a duckling girl and she made a whole dramatic claim that I hurt her practically clipped her wings. Her friends got upset and chased me without even bothering to hear my side." She sighed again. "Well, guess that's what happens to all good researches." She chuckled?

Zack Frothingham
"Rude individuals but I do agree that people do not appreciate sudden curiosity however I cannot condone their actions of mob rushing without hearing out the other side, reminds me of that one metal song, if you listen to fools, the mob rules or so the lyrics go." He separates from Ingrid and looks around at the disbanded group. "Softies, these chitin deficient cabbages would get trashbinned by they army and then used as emulsifiers because the Hive is very utilitarian." Zachary tucks his hands into his track pants pockets."Anyway, I was just heading back to my dorm to get a notebook and pen for class, You?" He lightly questioned Ingrid whilst moving to her side with his back to the wall, his antennae still tirelessly working on receiving any signals, whether sound or thermal, he occasionally pulled one down to clean it as it was that time of day.

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Hallway/ Tag: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )
Ingrid hums trying to remember if she has ever hears the lyrics. "No I don't think I ever have heard of that song, but if you reccommend it I would be glad to listen. I'm not picky." She chuckles listening to Zack's grumbles. "Is your hive very strict with codes, and discipline?" Her eyes follow his movements catching him once again clean his antennea. One of the most adorable traits. "Ah....I was originally just doing some research in the courtyard. Plants are my number one favorite thing to learn. I take notes here and there while searching for..." She gasps as she rummages through her bag. "My journal! No,no,no! It has all of my info in that book. All my hard work." She panicked. I must have dropped it when I was pushed doen by one of those brutes. There are many things I can forgive, but straling my journal is not." She huffs.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Comet Comet )​

Jonah smiled sympathetically. "I can see what you mean. They do look really pretty though! Albeit, inconvenient."

He offered his hand in greeting. "Jonah Corvidae. Nice to meet you, Miss..."

Aliyah Lyn Jones
Aliyah smiled when he complemented her wings, a slight pink coming to her cheeks as she looked down. "Thank you, most people don't call them pretty, just big." She chuckled slightly before bringing her brown gaze back to his as he mentioned his name. "Nice to meet you Jonah, I'm Aliyah Jones." It's been a while since she has talked to anyone like this, introduced herself to someone like this. She didn't really know how to keep a conversation let alone start one. Was this how he was starting a conversation with her??
Yushin Yushin

Zack Frothingham

"Don't huff so much, you'll blow someone's house down" Zachary cackled at his joke with glee."I could help you if you want, class won't start for another 35 minutes or so." Zachary offered his aid to Ingrid in finding her Journal.
"I know what's it like to lose a journal, I do catalog a bit myself you know."

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Hallway>Courtyard/ Tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )
Ingrid was not in the mood for jokes. She glared at the Hornet concerned for her journal. When he offered to help, she quickly grabs his wrist dragging him to the courtyard. "Good! I was goanna take you anyways." She said. The first thing she did was lead Zack to the courtyard. Why? She has something in mind. She stops to pluck a flower she's researched before and offers to the Hornet a Giant Hyssop flower spiraled with small flowers and lavander color. "Here." She said.
image_04.jpg

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Cafeteria - Tags: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell Felis Felis

"Oh, sure!" Will said quickly, happy to see his friend- wait, was she his friend yet? They had only met onse. Well, either way, it was a relief to see her, especially with his... present company.
He paused, startled by the sudden exit of... well, just about half of the people he knew at the table. Too bad, Jonah seemed like a nice enough guy to hang out with. At least K was gone. Being forgiving or not, Will couldn't help but feel uncomfortable around him.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:CourtyardI Interactions: Deary Deary

Zachary turns the flower over and looks at it from different angles, it was a nice flower but why. "A dashingly beautiful flower, lady Ingrid but why give it to me?" He questioned with a puzzled look on his face, he then suddenly bit the flower with his mandibles and began to chew."Nom nom nom.... It tastes kinda funny, liquorice flavour, nom nom nom, decent chewability." He takes another biting, biting off the entire flower and leaving only the green stem."Nom, nom, nom, nom. I should eat more of this." He pulls out a napkin he had in pocket from the cafeteria, he carefully wipes his mandibles and mouth, he throws the stem away which was in his left hand then without warning Zachary made a small burp but covered his mouth with his napkin before the burp escaped."Eexcuse me, Lady Ingrid."

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Comet Comet )
"Nice to meet you, Aliyah Jones." He said, affirming his greeting. "Not to come off as rude or anything, but I noticed you were about to leave without eating anything," he sheepishly added.

Jonah could tell she was self-conscious about her wings. He knew that it was probably the reason she was leaving, after the whole domino-fiasco.

"Did you want to grab something? I mean, the food in the cafeteria isn't all that great, but it's edible if there's nothing else." He laughed at his own joke. Aliyah was probably only the second or third person he's had a proper conversation with since arriving at the school, he didn't want to embarrass himself. Not yet at least.

Artemis Tresouski
Osprey Wings | Current location: Chilling in the cafeteria | Tags: T Tinytiger28 |Mentions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Felis Felis Yushin Yushin

Artemis gently nodded in slight relief and took a seat, her head turning as a few started to leave “Is it just me, or do I draw others away?” She mused, chuckling quietly as she poked at her food. Quality was shit but she was starving so she couldn’t really complain. She just anted to sleep for a little longer by the least, maybe get some half decent food. Back at home she had her own little garden starting up and shed pick fruit from bushes and what trees she could climb. She blinked rapidly for a moment to pull herself from her day dream and glanced around the room before returning her sleepy gaze to Will "So, Will," She paused to take a bite of what they tried to call food "How'd you sleep last night?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back