• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Soaring IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian & Whoever-the-heck-is-in-the-hallway)

Jonah woke up in cold sweat, in the middle of the night. Panting, he wiped the sweat from his face, only to find tears as well. He shook his head. What had he been dreaming about? He couldn't remember. Something... familiar. The memory of the dream was there, just out of reach. His fingers could scrape against it, but not quite grasp it. Running his hands through his hair, he chose to get up.

Pacing the floor of the dorm, he found himself in a state of insomnia. Perhaps it was the heat. He took off his jacket, shirt and shoes (all of which he had been sleeping in), leaving him in a singlet, jeans and crucifix. The pendant reminded him back when he was sleeping in the church. Had he woken up like this then? No. He'd remember if that happened.

Was there a curfew? Jonah didn't think so. He needed something to drink. Milk maybe? Could he find some? He should at least find some water somewhere.

The door creaked open as he poked his head out the door. He couldn't see much in the darkness, but he felt safe to step outside, close thing door a bit more loudly than he hoped to. "Crap", he breathed, hoping no one heard him.

He took tip toe steps down the hall, trying to find some kind of bathroom or kitchen.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Room 2>Hallway>Room 2 I Interactions: Yushin Yushin
Due to Jonah's ruckus, Zack flew his eye plates open, he slowly and stealthily got up from his bed in one graceful motion, he began to quietly walk towards their room's door and opened it without a creak. In the pitch darkness of the hallway, Zack was not blind, as he used his antennae to locate Jonah and carefully closed the door behind him, as he began to make his way towards Jonah, thanks to his digitigrade legs and training, Zachary had no trouble of making noiseless footsteps. It only took him a second to reach behind Jonah, his form towering over him, he slightly lowered his head beside Jonah's and whispered. "The cafeteria is a floor down and the bathroom is to the right of here." Zack moved into the room as he flipped the light switch on, momentarily blinding him as he squinted his eye plates to adjust for the new illumination of the room.
He then picked up a sugary drink out of his backpack and began sipping on it through a straw as he started reading through the worst sci-fi novel he had.

Last edited:
Artemis Tresouski
Osprey Wings | Current location: Dorm room| Tags: Deary Deary

Artemis screamed at the sudden thud of her roommate, covering her mouth. She hadnt meant to scream, yet the poor winged had. Her eyes quickly examined over her, eyes scanning across her double wings and her tired facial structure. And Arty thought she was tired, clearly not looking at this poor woman. She simply slid to the side, tucking her wings in as her roommate slid past her. She frowned a little at the lack of an introduction, being a little upset with herself for not even saying a simple hello.

She groaned softly and quickly dug out a pair of fluffy pants and slid out of her shorts, seeing as she was the only one currently in the room. She decided to leave her top be and put her belongings on the opposite wall if Ingrid’s and let herself get a good stretch. Something wasn’t sitting right with her, the impulse to stretch only growing. She hopped up into the bed, having to beat at her pillow to make it any bit more comfortable for her. She groaned in sligh annoyance before looking to her fellow winged enter once again. She gave a faint smile and a simple two finger greeting before laying her head back into her pillow. Introductions later, sleep first

logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

Interactions: T Tinytiger28
"Alright," Setsuro nodded. He finished his paper crane while Will headed out of the room to the bathrooms, then placed the origami creature on top of his pile of stationary. He shook his head slightly. If he continued folding origami at this rate, Setsuro would be out of places to decorate with paper critters in a week or two, and he could never quite bring himself to just throw them into the trash. He didn't awfully mind if other people disposed of them, but it always felt slightly wrong for him to do it himself.

Setsuro's 'pajamas' consisted of a slightly oversized t-shirt and loose shorts, some of the few clothing items he owned that didn't crinkle too much when sleeping in them. Once he had changed, he laid down on the bed and pulled the blanket up to his nose - just for testing, Setsuro told himself. After all he still had to go brush his teeth, and surely he was too excited to fall asleep anyway... Somehow, however, he dozed off within moments, and by the time Will returned, Setsuro was already fast asleep.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Whoever-the-heck-is-in-the-hallway)​

Jonah jumped as words were whispered into his ear. Looking back, he could make out nothing in the darkness.

"I'm going mad..." He muttered to himself, but he took the advice anyway, finding himself in the bathroom.

He splashed his face and stared for a while into the mirror. He felt like he was forgetting something... But what? Shaking his head, he resolved to put it off until the morning. He took an easier trip back to his dorm and returned to restless sleep.

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Room 3 - Tags: Felis Felis

It was... dark. Very dark. Suffocatingly dark. It fell over him like a fog, concealing everything in sight, pressing down with the weight of the sky. He tried to breathe, but a cottony material smothered him. His mouth felt dry, his throat was closing in-
He pushed the pillow off of his face. How did he even get under the pillow?
Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he stretched, accidentally slamming one of his wings into the wall. Making a slight hissing noise through his teeth, he rubbed his wing. That was gonna leave a bruise...
With a yawn, he slowly clambered out of bed, hoping he didn't accidentally wake up Setsuro.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location: Room 2> Cafeteria I Interactions: Yushin Yushin
Zachary woke up in a startled commotion, the book that was on his face flew forward and landed on his knees that were covered in a blanket, he shook his head from the nightmare and agonizingly got up from the bed. He began his morning routine of exercising before finally finishing with a nice, chilled drink.
He wondered should he go check out the cafeteria? After a bit of internal monologue and moving back n forth, he decided that he will visit the cafeteria to see what it was about.

"Oi, Jonah, I'll be at the cafeteria" Zack said as he stepped out of the room and climbed down into the cafeteria.

Ingrid
(Location: Room 2>Courtyard/ Tags: N/A/ Mentions: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )
4749201261c173bf74ba509a092f3016.jpgMorning's are never ideal to the winged raven. Back home she usually slept in until ten, however being in unfamiliar territory made her restless. Opening and closing her eyes as if paranoid of something attacking her. There was even pitter patter passing through the halls late at night. It was uncertain if they belonged to any of the winged. Now was the perfect time before any other girls rose up to shower. From her peripheral vision, she can spot Artemis fast asleep. Oh if only she could sleep soundly like her.

Once Ingrid gathers her belongings, she trudges tiredly into the bathroom. Her whole body felt heavy as she felt like a Zombie when entering the ladies room. Nothing but the sound of dripping water in such a room. "It's quiet." She mumbled peeking for any other visitors. None but herself accounted for. The only bad thing about taking showers is there is no lock. Anybody could bust through that door. It's a risk willing to take for cleanliness. Maybe music will help ease her mind in this silence. Her music player leans against the counter as her mellow tunes plays. The feeling of warm water showering away any traces of dirt and worry soothed by the liquid.

After her shower she dressed herself in a better attire than yesterday. It seemed much more appropriate than constantly dressed like a witch for her job when seeked out. Here she can try something new just like yesterday. Her teeth brushing ceases staring at herself in the mirror remembering yesterday's actions with Zachary. 'Today must be different.' She tells herself. 'It's a new day. There is nothing to worry about and if so just accept whatever you're thrown at you.' On that mindset, the raven spews the remnants of her toot paste rinsing for any residue. "Right." She agreed swiping her belongings back to her dorm with her notebook, music player and bag taken with her to the courtyard.

The first thing she did was sit in the sun, earbuds on playing a peppy song while reading a book on various plants. At the same time she hums the song occassionally staring at the flowers to see which one belongs to which.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )

"hng," He groaned, as his roommate said something. "What's all the buzz about?"

But he was already gone, leaving Jonah in the room alone with his thoughts. He got changed and began making his way downstairs, walking fast, faces pass and he's cafeteria-bound.

It occurred to him, at that moment, he might have been of the only, if not THE only, people to know "K"'s real name. Why did he lie about it? What was he hiding? He shook his head. Perhaps it was just a nickname he preferred, or maybe he was just embarrassed by his name. Either way, it was best not to make any baseless judgements on someone he didn't even know well enough to talk to without the cold overhanging dread of conversation.

The cafeteria looked like a bird-cage, as several winged beings flaunted a plethora of coloured feathers, wing-shaped and sizes.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Cafeteria I Interactions: Yushin Yushin

"Yo, over here." Zack said as he waved over at Jonah, he was sitting at a table alone with a tray filled with... well, god knows what, he isn't eating this filth anyway. I can cook better than these mugs and I'm a hornet Zachary thought as he wondered what the hell is in this food. Zack looked around closely, examining every winged that was present and each of them making passing glances on him.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )​

Well, he thought, Better an aggressive wasp dude than a total stranger.

The table was empty, aside from the insectoid, and sported several grease stains... Odd for a recently established academia. He gave a friendly wave to his roommate.

"Sorry about last night," He apologized bashfully. "That usually never happens."

Thinking back, his stark-white wings must have been borderline glow in the dark at that time of night.

Something else tugged on his mind. Now that he was here with Zack and on good, or at least diplomatic, terms, he may as well give it a shot at asking.

"Hey... Zack... I was just wondering," he lowered his voice, "Why did you introduce yourself as 'K' back on the beach?" Realizing that his question might have come off a bit rude, he attempted to correct himself. "Not that you have to answer, I get that it might be personal. I was just curious I guess."

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Cafeteria I Interactions: Yushin Yushin

"The food in this joint is horrid, how could anyone eat this slop?" Zack says as he lifts a spoonful of whatever this thick liquid is. He paused at Jonah's question taking a brief moment whether to answer him or ignore, eh what the heck, he thought."Misdirection, the lack of information is one of the greatest allies to a soldier." He stops as he looks at Jonah while he pushes his own tray away."Plus, I didn't exactly lie to you all, K-15782 is a name of mine, although in recent years that name has moved into nickname along with Hunter."

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Room 3 - Tags: Yushin Yushin Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

After grabbing some clothes and changing quickly in the bathroom, Will, still rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, headed down to the cafeteria for breakfeast. He managed to navigate the whirlwind of feathers, fur, scales, and whatever other wings happened to be present, and grabbed some food (it hardly looked appealing, but sad looking eggs were better than no eggs, he supposed). Glanced across the tables, he spotted Jonah, and took a few steps over to him, before realizing that he was sitting with the hornet-wasp-whatever dude from earlier. K-something something. Instantly, he froze just a couple of yards away from their table.
He tried to back away, hoping he hadn't drawn too much attention, but backing up in a crowd of wingeds proved to be a bad idea. Someone jostled him from behind, sending him face first into the ground, along with the tray of food he was carrying. So much for not drawing attention to himself...

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian T Tinytiger28 )
"Huh." He replied, casually. Moments later, it hit him what Zack had said. "Wait. Soldier?" He asked in a shouted whisper. "Like, an army!?"

The commotion behind immediately turned Jonah's attention away, as he whipped his head to see what had caused the clattering sound. The Will guy from the beach had taken a tumble and dropped his tray.

"I'll be right back," he said to Zack, already making his way toward the kindred dove. With an outstretched hand, he offered to help the guy up. "Hey brother, you alright there?"

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Room 3 - Tags: Yushin Yushin

Will gave a sheepish smile. "Oh- uh, yeah. I'm fine. Th-Thanks." He mumbled, taking his hand gratefully. "Just tripped." He glanced at the eggs that had gone tumbling out of his tray. "Wonder if they let us take seconds." He chuckled, though, it seemed forced. The nervous energy he felt from the sudden sight of K made his neck feathers rise.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Cafeteria I Interactions: Yushin Yushin T Tinytiger28

Zack was about to reply to Jonah's question when suddenly Will, the dove winged person from the beach that irritated him, fell. He would've chuckled manically at the sight of a person he despised falling on the ground but the training and service straightened that out of him, so he got up and approached them from behind. "I wouldn't call it a total loss, the junk is a warcrime. " Zack said to Will. " Also, no, I asked if they let us take seconds, the staff just grunted." Zachary shrugged. During this dialogue, Zack was using his ear bleeding voice but a loner tone to not attract attention to himself.

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Room 3 - Tags: Yushin Yushin Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Will tensed at K's voice, his wings pressing tightly to his back. Turning to glance back at K, he scratched the back of his neck, trying to push down the feathers there. "Bummer." He said, smirking to help cover his agitation. "Guess I'll just have to make do." Will shrugged, his stone gray wings rising and falling with his shoulders. His eyes remained glued to K, a glint of suspicion rising in their hazel depths.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian T Tinytiger28 )​

The tension was so thick, you could cut it with the butter knives they supplied for breakfast. It was clear they didn't like each other.

"So," Jonah said, in an attempt to alleviate the pressure of the situation, "I guess this is our first day. I wonder what's in store."

logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

Interactions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian , T Tinytiger28 , Yushin Yushin
Setsuro woke with a start, disoriented for a moment when he couldn't place the unfamiliar surroundings. A bunk bed...? That's right, he was at the academy for winged now! The fact that it was already bright morning outside and that he was alone in the room told him he had apparently overslept, too. Just his luck, that the change of routine the day before had put his biological clock out of commission. Usually, Setsuro had no problems waking up early even without an alarm.

Well, he'd just have to hurry now, he decided as he rushed towards the bathrooms, toothbrush in hand, making a mental note to not even lie down in the evenings anymore before he was actually ready for bed. His clothes were awfully wrinkled, too, as he hadn't changed into his pajamas. The button-down shirt was a bother to change if he was still drowsy in the mornings, though, so the students in the cafeteria would have to live with Setsuro's slightly disheveled appearance. Maybe he'd have time to change into something else before class, at least.

About fifteen minutes later, Setsuro left the line of students with a tray of some cereal-looking stuff, some slices of bread along with unnaturally bright strawberry-jam and a cup of the most watery black tea he had ever encountered. Well. Free food was free food, he supposed, so as long as he could get it down...

The amount and variety of winged was stunning, and while simply watching them move between the tables returned yesterday's giddy excitement to Setsuro, he was also happy to spot some familiar faces in the crowd - even though they included K. But maybe, the hornet winged was in a better mood today - he seemed to get along with Will and ...Jonah, Setsuro remembered the third name, for the moment.

Without thinking about it much longer, Setsuro made his way to his three acquaintances, fighting the urge to try and fly across the cafeteria. He'd just spill something, anyway, and who knew whether he wouldn't get into trouble. "Good morning," he called out once he was within earshot. "Err... mind if I sit with you guys or something?" Setsuro continued in a more cautious voice, glancing at K. As long as Setsuro kept his enthusiasm at bay, he probably wouldn't anger K again, right?

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Cafeteria I Interactions: Yushin Yushin T Tinytiger28 Felis Felis

"Bet, either Introductory course or some humanitarian class." He said to Jonah while scratching his hornet forehead. He looked at Setsuro. "I don't mind, uhhh, your name, compadre?" Zack's gaze turned to match Will's. "I don't appreciate the stare, knock it off." Zack growled as his fury stirred around in his head, his right leg crossed, on top of his left, twitched with action like he was prepared to leap across the table.

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Room 3 - Tags: Yushin Yushin Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Felis Felis

Will shrugged once more, his lack of calm only betrayed by his feathers and the twitchy fidgeting of his wings. "Alright," He said simply, glancing at Setsuro instead, though, he kept the hornet winged in the corner of his eye. He didn't trust the way he was positioned, like he was about to attack something.
"Actually I-" Will paused, about to tell Setsuro that he wasn't really sitting with them. But he didn't want to just brush Setsuro off like that, and, as much as K made him uncomfortable, he was inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. He was another winged, just like him... "Nevermind, it's fine." He said quickly.
Will grabbed what was left of his breakfeast, a couple of eggs on the muted blue tray. Sitting down at the table, he had to remind himself not to shoot another suspicious glare at K. This was gonna be a long morning, wasn't it?

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Courtyard>Cafeteria>hallway/Tags: N/A)

The Notepad is closed after catching up on her book. She's noted down four of the flowers as well as the shrubs growing for a better arrangement to the garden. Her favorite Ingrid flowers yet to be found. "Perhaps anothet time." She concluded shiving her pad in her bag. 'I should fetch some food before class.' Ingrid rose to her feet heading towarda the cafeteria. It's rich, food scents has been invading her scent for the longest urging her body for nutrients.

Just as she enters the cafeteria, her music play skips to a chipper song. She bobs her head to tbe beat of the music while mumbling some of the words. "We'll sit for awhile as I drink in your smile. It feels like a dream come true. My head starts to buzz and my heart fill with love over you~" Tbe rest of thr lyrics sung while grabing a tray served with who the hell knows. Most of it was like gunky poridge, bread and an apple. The poridge mainly disgusted her. She chose to stick with an apple and hope lunch will be better. She sets aside the tray of food snatching her apple and biting into it as she walks away. 'Maybe I should check out my classes too.' She thought pulling out her schedule seeing a room number and period number on her sheet. 'Room 12. Sweet.' She hums her song down the hall.

logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

Interactions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian , T Tinytiger28 , Yushin Yushin
For a moment, Setsuro wasn't sure whether he had heard correctly - K's behaviour seemed to have flipped completely compared to the day before. But the ...unique voice and distinctive appearance made it impossible to mistake the speaker for anyone but K, so Setsuro just accepted it as a positive surprise. "I'm Setsuro. Nice to meet you?" he ventured, unsure whether K even remembered their previous encounter - that is to say, remembered whom in particular he had given a turn. In any case, K seemed to be getting along well with Jonah by now. Interesting.

Setsuro sat down next to Will, who still looked fairly unsure of K, then asked, after he had confirmed that his breakfast tasted about as bland and unpalatable as it could before actually crossing into the territory of inedible, "Did anyone have better luck with their food? Mine is kinda...." While the content of the others' trays didn't look much more appetizing than his own, it couldn't hurt to ask, Setsuro figured. If today's breakfast was typical of the cafeteria, knowing which food you could keep down long enough to digest it would be helpful, to say the least.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian T Tinytiger28 )​

It seemed odd that Zack was so accepting of Setsuro into the group, after the beach scenario. Who knows, maybe he just needed some sleep. Jonah smiled and waved. "Hey, Setsuro!" He greeted warmly. He wasn't typically a morning person, but it never kills you to be friendly.

Jonah almost laughed at the strange group that had formed, like it was something straight out of a fantasy novel: An edgy wasp-guy, an endearing younger boy with paper wings, an aggressively-optimistic dude, and then there was himself... Whatever "himself" was.

"So," he began, "how did y'all sleep?"

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Cafeteria I Interactions: Yushin Yushin T Tinytiger28 Felis Felis
While the others were conversing with each other, Zachary was a bit lost in thought, this academy... it seemed off to him and while Zack may be paranoid even he could smell the cow manure, he resolved to be more vigilant, when he gets back to his room today after class or even after cafeteria, he'll once again double check his side.

"The food was worse than military rations." Zachary unconsciously answered while he cracked his knuckles. He took some time to consider Jonah's question before responding. "Can't sleep, underwent meditative state." The weird fragmented speech was a common side effect of humanoid hornets awakening sentience, researchers say it's an old habit and have dubbed this drone speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back