• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Soaring IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Room 3 - Tags: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell

"Oh, uh- sure!" Will said, "See ya." He said, waving to Ingrid as she left. He glanced back at his paper, giving it a quick skim. "Dorm four, room three." He murmered, grabbig a key for his own. "Hey, uh- nurse dude! Ingrid and i already grabbed a key!" He shouted into the nurse's office. After checking that the nurse gave a quick nod of acknowledgement, he headed out.
"See ya, Artemis!" Will called, walking out into the quad. He didn't see much. A cement stage, a big grassy field, Ingrid talking to K-
Haha, nope! Will casually speedwalked past them and over to the dorms. Ignoring the elavator (partially out of boredom, partially because he liked running), he jogged up the stairs, emerging on the fourth floor. The whole main-room area was kinda boring. An ocean blue carpet that was more or less for decoration than actual comfort, a couch a slightly darker shade of blue, and some miscellaneous chairs.
"Room three, room three..." He mumbled, heading down the hallway.Will found it fairly quickly, and the key worked fine. He glanced into the room. Pretty standard stuff. Desk, window, chair... were those bunk beds? Heck yeah! He threw his satchel onto the top one. Hopefully his roommate wouldn't mind getting bottom bunk.

Last edited:
Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location: Courtyard>In front of Dorm 4C. I Interactions: Deary Deary
Zack giggled at her jokes. "Ah, bee puns, yea, I've heard those before but no need to get so ravenin mad with them." Zack replied with his own brand of bad puns but hey at least he wasn't graveling and growling at strangers in the Beach, he could get used to at least one person being around his life."Sugar, I could spare but I don't make honey what I can make though is a decent rib and a nice salad to go with." Zack began to slowly move towards the dormitory. "Wall buddies huh? And the secret code could be useful for all sorts of things." Zack began pondering the implications of being "wall buddies" with Ingrid but all things considering she does appear to be a nice individual, hopefully they could really form a tight-knit relationship, if he had a flexible mouth, he would smile but just instead decided to close his mandibles, as he kept walking.

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Dorm/Tagged: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )
Ingrid chuckled more when he played with her. It was a surprise, but then again he did start it. She then was taken aback when he mentioned he can cook something delicious. She couldn't believe her ears. "No you can't! I don't believe you. You can really cook?" She asked still surprised. "That's not very bee like, but it would be a first if you can actually do that. "Yes wall buddies." She confirmed. "It can indeed be useful for codes in case I'm in danger or you're in danger. Maybe need being saved from a math problem." She teased. Their dorms were close by and she could feel this moment coming. She felt sad to suddenly have to depart from Zack. Yes, she did want to excuse herself, but her mind started to change and her heart tugged knowing she'd have to say good-bye. It's only for tonight. Yet tonight felt lonely again. Zack has made an effort to forget this feeling she's been dreading all her whole life. In the midst of drawing close to her door, her anxiety took over grasping the closest thing near her. In this case the hornet's hand. Unaware of her actions as thoughts bubbled in her mind. Her grasp occasionally squeezing tighter and tighter.

logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

Interactions: T Tinytiger28
The feel of the new collar distracted Setsuro for long enough to barely register the paperwork shoved into his hand and everyone leaving the room as he adjusted the scarf around his neck, trying to get it back into a wrap that was both comfortable and hid this new collar for the most part as it had the last - which wasn't easy with only one hand. Finally, he noticed the absence of the previous chatter and hurried outside into the hallway as well, where he looked at his room assignment for the first time.

"Zephyr William?" he muttered, trying to remember if that was someone he had already met. There had been a Will, but surely that was the dove winged's first name. Shrugging, Setsuro set off half at random, trying to figure out the academy's overview map as he went. Dorm 4, room 3, dorm 4...

It was a little bit like a treasure hunt, Setsuro found, and between the signs around the school, his map and a few unnecessary detours, he finally arrived in the right place. Setsuro knocked on the door once, then pressed down the handle - only then he remembered he hadn't even thought of whether he needed a key or not. But the door was already unlocked and swung open, revealing - to Setsuro's surprise - a familiar face inside: Will.

"Oh, hi," Setsuro exclaimed, looking back and forth between his papers, the room number on the door and Will. Was he in the wrong dorm after all? Or was Will? Or... "Uh... this is dorm four, room three, isn't it?" Setsuro finally asked, still hovering in the doorway.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:In front of Dorm 4C. I Interactions: Deary Deary
"Yea, I really can cook, also stop calling me a bee because the beeomorphos could call a cease and desist, I'm a hornet." Zack happily corrected, it was clear for the first time in his lifetime he was happy."Thankfully, I'm not the only who got unnerved about the institute." He responded to the Ingrid's fear of danger. "And yes, math problems.". Zack's hand suddenly got squeezed and he quickly turned his head to the side to look at their conjoined hands and Ingrid, well, it's now or never."Ingrid... are you okay? "Zack asked cautiously, he knew there was something troubling Ingrid but waiting for her to tell him would have to be cut short, he moved in front of her and looked her dead in the eyes, his black void looking into her purple iris."Is there anything I can do?"The sincerity in his voice was palpable and thick.

Ingrid
(Location: Dorm/ Tagged: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )
Ingrid locked eyes with his. Fear written on hee face. It took a minute for her mind to resurface shaking her head dismissing the thoughts. She gave him a half smile for worrying about her. She really needed to learn to keep her composure. Years of solitude having no one to show off her problems to had made her forget it can be annoying to others. Although Zack's demanor felt genuine. Her fear of placing her problems onto him would only complicate things. Granted Ingrid forces a smile patting his head. "Oh nothing. I thought I saw ghost. Guess it was a false alarm. Dang spectral vision." She chortled knocking her temple. "Sorry about calling you bee, I just think it's a cute nickname given the color and stripes. Whelp my friend sorry to have worried you like that." The whole time she spoke to him, she avoided eye contact. An obvious trait when she lied but to her it's anything but obvious. The raven winged slips away curtsying over to her door and slipping the key in. "Good night and pleasant dreams." She shut the door not allowing him to say another word. He probably thought plenty about her. All of which were odd. She lets out a sigh leaning against the door with her bag against it saddened by her thoughts. Ingrid took the chance to explore her surroundings. A desk, a window and basics of dorms. She took the bed to the left. The wall near Zack's room. All the girl wanted is to relax. It's been a long day. Her belongings tossed on the floor near her bed as she removed her heels and threw herself on the bed stomach first. The moonlight shining through once more as if following her. Her. Violet eyes staring at the empty wall. The silnce unbarable reminding her of home. Some music would do.

A hand out stretched reaching into her bag pulling out a music player. Earbuds plugged in setting one of her songs to lul her to sleep.

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Room 3 - Tags: Felis Felis
"Hm?" Will turned around, glancing at the doorway. Setsuro! Oh, he had forgotten to check the paper for who his roommate was. Well, it was pretty obvious who it was at this point... "Yeah!" He chirped, and, barely pausing to take a breath, asked, "By the way, do you mind getting bottom bunk?"

Last edited:
Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:In front of Dorm 4C>Room 2. I Interactions: Deary Deary Yushin Yushin
Zack was alone, standing in front of the dorm and looking at the door that was just closed in his face, Ingrid was a curious one indeed but a burdened one as well, he thought, he twisted his torso left and right, he pondered if he could've actually done anything but that question had to be answered later as he walked near his room and also wondered on whether or not she believed the lie she made, avoiding eye contact is a great sign of a new liar but she probably had good reason to, Zack rationalized it as he pushed his door open to find someone else being there.

He looked at his supposedly roommate but the body language he had adopted with Ingrid faded with lightning speed, as he greeted his roommate."Hello.." his voice had a lower tone, the disheartened element was eye gouging-ly present, it did not harbor the hate or anger from the beach, just disappointment and sadness."You must be the other person that will be sharing this room with me."

Last edited:
Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian ) (Pretend this happens before Zack enters the rooom)​

Something caught Jonah's eye.

Someone else's belonging's sat neatly in the corner, but notably amongst them were a stack of books and a bunch of soda(?): His two favourite things.

So, my roomy's beaten me here. He thought. Zach. Sounds like the name of a decent guy. I'm sure he won't mind.

He swiped a bottle of the soft drink and one of the sci-fi novels and lay down on his own bed. "Maybe this won't be so bad", he reasoned, opening the first page of the novel.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Room 2. I Interactions: Yushin Yushin

Zack paused and processed what his eyes witnessed, his mind began swelling with overwhelming amounts of unbridled, unrivaled RAGE AND FURY. He looked at his roommate, with HIS sci-fi novels and drinks which he used for food. If his eyes could twitch, they'd be twitching at the speed of 80 km/h, he opened up his clawed hand, the razor sharp blades at the end of his fingers glistened like steel, his mandibles made various loud clicks before he walked forward, going deeper in the room."Listen... buddy, I wouldn't touch those things if I were you." He lifted his finger and pointed it at his roommate."Haven't you ever heard of personal privacy?" Through out all this, Zack's voice was never raised but it did revert to a more ear grinding noise.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )​

Personal privacy? Not really. Growing up under his own circumstances sorta made sure of that. Standing up, Jonah placed both items on the ground and gently pushed them over the invisible dividing line of the room, then proceeded to lift his hands in surrender.

He weighed his options. A physical fight wouldn't be appropriate here. A verbal fight would probably only piss wasp-boy off further, so diplomacy seemed the only viable choice.

"Hey, buddy, sorry about that." He used his ability to keep him from freaking out. "I think we got off on the wrong foot. What do you say you take your stuff back, I'll respect my boundaries from now on, and I owe you one for this little mishap?"

Lifting his arms caused the two photos he had been keeping in his pocket to fall out on the ground, on account of a hole that had formed in his worn pocket. They landed face up, their glossy surfaces reflecting the light of the dorm room.

Zack Frothingham
Zack glared at this dove winged invader of privacy as he picked up his novels and drink but threw the drink into the near by trashcan. "I'm sure you know who I am, care to introduce yourself " Zack questioned as he sat down on his bed and lied down, he crossed his legs and placed his hands behind his head. Wondering about his nosy roommate, why would he go through a person's belongings he has never met before.

Last edited:
logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

"No, I don't mind at all," Setsuro replied, squinting at his documents once more, then shrugged and moved to sit down on the lower bed. At least he had found the right room, and he even knew his roommate! That was two pieces of good news at once, and Setsuro's face turned back into his usual smile as he began unpacking his stuff.

There was still one question he had to ask, though. "So, um, Will?" he began, leaning out from his bunk. "Isn't Will, or William, like, your last name? My dorm papers say so, anyway. I was just a bit confused when I came in here, expecting a stranger going by Zephyr." Wait, did that sound like Setsuro had been disappointed to find Will here? "Oh, I am happy to have you as a roommate though, really!" Setsuro added quickly, just in case.

Setsuro's reading material went under his pillow, his pens and paper onto one of the desks and his clothes and documents both onto various shelves of the wardrobe. Unpacking was easy when you didn't own a lot of things, he realized.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )
He extended a hand to shake. "Jonah Corvidae, nice to meet you!"

The fact that wasp-boy wasn't immediately murdering him was some comfort. What wasn't comfort was the realization that his name was actually Zachary. He considered asking him about it, but figured he'd already overstepped his privacy infringment quota for the day.

Zack Frothingham
He shook Jonah's hand and said."Well, Jonah, if you want to read my novels, ask next time and I don't really recommend the sugary drinks, they are very high in glucose, now for me that's a nice dinner/snack depending on the count but for you, it might as well be concentrated diabetes, so fair advice, don't drink it unless you want your feet and wings to be amputated... Oh, that isn't a threat that just what happens if you don't take care of your diabetes." Zack departed some advice to Jonah before he laying back down on his bed, he wondered if Ingrid was still awake.

Zephyr William (Will)
Will nervously scratched the back of his neck, already feeling his feathers rising. "Oh, uh- It's not for any specific reason, really." He chuckled, attempting to cover his agitation. "Just- er..." He trailed off, one of his storm gray wings twitching skittishly as the yellowed shine from the lightbulb hanging in the middle of the room reflected off of the few jet black feathers speckling it.
Should I tell him? I don't want to sound like I'm fishing for sympathy... Besides, we just met. He wouldn't want to hear me complain... " Just, uh- it's a nickname my friends called me back home." He shrugged, giving his best fake smile (which would've been a lot more convincing if his neck feathers weren't puffed out so much).

Last edited:
Artemis Tresouski
Osprey Wings | Current location: Entrance - Dorm room| Tags: T Tinytiger28 otherwise nah..
Artemis followed with the group as they entered the office. It was definitely a little.. well cramp. She flinched as the new hands touched at her neck, switching over to her new collar. What was this going to be used for? There should be literally no reason for there, no one seemed to have any issues getting here, right? She pushed the thoughts aside, sighing under her breath. She thanked him quietly and trotted over to get her key. She was almost over excited to find out who her roommate was, but she suspected it was supposed to be the double raven winged, seeing as she was the only other female who was roaming around.

She sighed softly and scoured around to find the room, twisting on her heel as she found it. A small smile found her lips as she inserted the key and turned it quickly, pushing open the door. She sighed happily and set her things down, getting a real quick stretch of her wings. She was furiously excited to actually start flying again, the idea of it making her all the more excited than she already was.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )​

.... the black feathers on the back of his neck quivered. Aside from the initial rage from the bee boy, K... no... Zach had remained alramingly docile. That guy on the beeach seemed an entirely seperate person from the guy who was now lying calmly on his bed, contemplating something. This guy... actually seemed pretty cool.

Jonah decided to push his luck... just a little bit.

"So... Zack... if you don't mind me asking... what's your story?"

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Dorm room/ Tagged: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell )
Ingrid woke up from her light sleep when a gust of air hits her back from Artemis' wings stretching. The dress she wore wasn't exactly sleeping material. It felt loose with breezes capable of hitting her everywhere. The shuffling of someone and lights flicked on startled the girl. Her tired eyes blinded by the light. She wondered if there was an intruder. She squeaked a weird noise as she sat up too quickly causing her to fall off the bed with a loud 'bang'. The snow haired girl groans an "ouch" as she lied on the floor before picking herself up rubbing her aching back. To her relief after an intake to the so called "intruder", it was none other than her roomate. The only other female winged. Ingrid sat up removing her ear buds setting her devices in her bag. She didn't know whether to yell at the girl or not. Being the lazy woman she is, decided not to. Artemis was simply entering her room too. On that note, Ingrid took the chance to fetch her pajamas from her small luggage (which she has been walking around with but could not be seen due to her large ass wings). While doing so, she hoped she didn't alarm anybody with the ruckus she just made. The rooms were awfully close.

Zack Frothingham
Zack was puzzled, story? what? does he mean where I come from? "What do you mean by that? " He asked in a confusing tone."Well, typical rebellious teenager story" Zack replied, he didn't want to tell Jonah the entire story but just enough to leave him alone for now. He pulled out a pen and a journal, he began to write about his experiences today.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )

Not the social type, I guess. Jonah thought, lying down on his own bed. Perhaps not the best start to this roomie relationship, but far from the worst one.​

"it's getting late," He remarked. "I'll hit the hay now. Night, roomie."

His eyelids became heavy as he slipped into a quiet sleep. A more restful sleep than he's had before, albeit a nightmarish one.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location:Room 2. I Interactions: kek
Zack stayed up for a little while as he kept scribbling in his journal, the sound of his scribbling was quiet as he tried not to wake up his roommate. He quickly wrote down his encounters for the day and the people he met today. He stayed up a bit more after he had finished his writing, he removed his track jack and gently tossed it on the end of his bed, as he turned around and crossed his arms, he went to sleep like a stone.

logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

"Ah, okay," Setsuro replied as he put his now empty backpack on a spare clothes hanger and closed the wardrobe. "So it's okay if I just keep calling you Will, then, right?" Though he was used to uncommon names though his family's and his own first names, Setsuro was relieved he wouldn't have to relearn Will's name - it was hard enough remembering everyone he had met today without mixing anything up as it was.

When he turned back around and faced Will again, though, Setsuro couldn't help but notice his roommate seemed a little upset. "Are you okay?" Setsuro asked, concerned. "I'm sorry if I asked a weird question or anything." Unsure of what else to do or say at the moment, he took a few quick steps over to the desk where he picked up a small blue piece of paper (seemingly an old sticky note that wouldn't stick to anything anymore) from his stack of mismatched sheets and began folding a little bird figure from it - a crane. Maybe he should make it a point to fold a thousand of them and make a wish for everyone to have a happy year at the academy?

Ingrid
(Location: Dorm >bathroom>Dorm /Tagged: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell /Mentions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Yushin Yushin Felis Felis T Tinytiger28 )

Ingrid paid no mind to Artemis. Not because she didn't like her. Quite the contrary, Ingrid was more focused on slipping into her pajamas while half asleep. She makes her way out like a zombie into the hallway in search for the nearby bathroom. She took a mental note to remember the way. Her neighbor consisting of Zack and someone else. The next with the other pair she assumed? She heard talking. Shadows moving under the door. A few doors down rests the bathroom. She hoped it isn't co-ed. To her relief there were two seperate ones.

After changing into her pajamas consisting of a white T-shirt, red, plaid pants and black fuzzy socks, Ingrid tiredly brushed her teeth, washed her face all while feeling exhausted. Her brain couldn't even function from lack of rest. Either way she dragged herself back to bed and stopped at the door that is to be Zack's. Dark and silent. She took a trip down memory lane. The early events where she just spazzed and left him without answers shutting the door in front of him. She felt terrible now standing in front of his. Her head hung low letting out a sigh, "I'm sorry." She whispered before entering her own room. The snow haired woman now slightly awake, noticed Artemis once more flashing her a small smile returning to her bed after dropping her belongings into her luggage. Her violet eyes shift over to the wall wondering if Zack is behind it. She must make it up to him somehow. She had to learn a bit more of his likes and dislikes tomorrow. "Good night Zachary. Hope you have sweet dreams." She cooed in a hush tone. Tomrrow will be another day. A chance to fix her introduction. Ingrid thought about how she should act among her peers and act like her anxiety did not happen tonight.

Last edited:
Zephyr William (Will)
He shrugged once more, "Eh, I don't mind much whatever you call me, but I prefer Will. Feels more normal." He said simply, his shoulders finally relaxing, only to tense up again when Setsuro asked if he was okay.
"It's fine, I'm just a bit tired" Will lied, "Speaking of which, I'm gonna head to the bathrooms, see ya." He gave a small wave before disappearing out the door, messenger bag in hand.
Thankfully, the bathroom was pretty easy to find. After changing into a set of gray sweatpants and a loose fitting t-shirt, he realized he forgot his toothbrush... Oh well, he could head off into town tomorrow and buy one tomorrow. Though, it ruffled his feathers just to think about heading back there. The looks he got from some of those people were... less than pleased, to say the least.
Sighing, he settled for just swishing some water and hoping his morning breath wasn't gonna be too bad. Yawning, he headed back to the room, promptly flopping onto the top bunk, dragging his bag with him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back