• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Soaring IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Jonah placed a hand on Ingrid's shoulder and gave her a shot of his ability: "Olive Branch", sending a wave of calming hormones throughout her body. Leaning in, he whispered in her ear, "It's best not to get into a fight here. I don't feel right either but if something sketchy is going on, it's better to fight it from the inside out."

He looked at the nurse with a warm smile. "Jonah Corvidae, a pleasure to meet you, sir!"

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Front Desk/ Tagged: Yushin Yushin T Tinytiger28 )

Ingrid jumped at the touch of Jonah's hand squeezing her shoulder. His hushed words starting to soothe her. The same goes for her fear beginning to subside as some unnatural force courses through her. She blushed over his close proximity as he continued to ease her. Jonah was right about being suspicious and in any case fight on the inside. It took all of her turn back to the nurse and nod to his request in agreement. "U-uh yes sorry. That sounds...fine."

Last edited:
Artemis Tresouski
Osprey Wings | Current location: Front gate | Tags: T Tinytiger28 Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Felis Felis Pumpkid Pumpkid

Artemis looked closely at the door, her eyes tracing across the different lines it held. She nearly jumped out of her skin as the nurse came up, her eyes widening a little. She knew humans were running this, it never meant she was ready to have to deal with them. She had met a few people who weren’t horrible towards winged, but they usually were on the meaner side. Not this nurse though, he was at the point of almost coming off so fakey friendly it was too business like. “New collar?” She said quietly as she dug around in her bag for her I.D, her wings fluttering unconsciously

“Artemis Tresouski, Osprey wings if that matters much for identification..” She said without much enthusiasm, giving a weak smile as she displayed her I.D to the man. Ingrid’s remarks were her own internal screaming. Why did they have to switch out collars? She wouldn’t argue with him of course, but she wondered who had problems getting here. It was unnerving to her.

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Front Gate - Tags: Meh
Will bristled at the mention of exchanging his collar. He didn't really like people touching it. Though, he was pretty sure he wasn't alone in that regard.
The double winged person beside him protested, but she was eased by Jonah. Will relaxed his wings. What was the worst that could happen anyway? Who would go through the trouble of building a school just to do what? Switch the collars of a few kids?
Well... he could think of a lot of things that those collars might do, but he didn't have to worry about that, right?
He was gonna have to do it either way...
He bit his lip, turning back to his bag and rifling through it for a few moments. Luckily, his ID was somehwere near the top, and he grabbed it. Will held it out to the human. His mouth creased downward in a small nervous frown, but he didn't say a word.

Richard Anton
Human - Nurse - Location: Front Gate - Tags: Pumpkid Pumpkid Yushin Yushin Felis Felis WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell

Anton coughed awkwardly. "Well, you can take my word for it, we aren't enslaving anyone." He attempted to smooth, not that it was going to do much, judging by her initial reaction. Luckily, the Jonah boy seemed to comfort her (was that his ability or just a natural talent at calming, he wondered). "And, if you'll follow me, I have everyone's paperwork in my office. We can make the switch there as well."

Ingrid
Everything the nurse said is uncomfortable. Being close to humans was not part of her agenda. After years of avoiding contact here she is participating. At least she's not alone. Ingrid cautiously follows the nurse to their office with the rest of the group trailing behind. She wondered what kind of gadgets or trinkets rest in their room. Cameras? Chips? Microphones? All of her thoughts made her realize she's landed in a cage of possibilities and needed to relax. So with a deep breath, Ingrid manages to ease herself and cooperate until further notice.

T Tinytiger28 Yushin Yushin Felis Felis WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell

logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

Interactions:
At the mention of their ID, Setsuro started tuning out most of the conversation as he took off his backpack and began rummaging through it - though he knew the ID was in there somewhere, his past checks of his belongings had jumbled them quite a bit. So he only properly registered the part about the collars with some delay, freezing with his backpack in one hand and ID in the other.

"None of us had any problems, though, I think," he murmured as his hand holding the ID moved to his neck absentmindedly, where a blue scarf hid his current collar for the most part. Setsuro didn't like the idea of someone touching or changing it - he didn't even like it to exist, to be honest. But there wasn't really any point in arguing, was there? It would probably be fine, he told himself, though the uneasy atmosphere the others gave off made Setsuro a bit nervous, too.

He closed his backpack and flung it over his shoulders again before heading after the others into the office.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location: Dorm 4C R2>Courtyard. I Interactions: HAHAHAHAHAHA

Zack got up from the bed in his room and left the dorm. He began to stretch his arms and legs, twisting his torso left and right, his exoskeleton making cracking sounds, he turned his head left, right, left, right, he repeated these motions twice. With this little warm-up over, he began a slow jog to the courtyard, some winged that were already heading to their dorm turned to look at this creature and this just made Zack jog faster to the courtyard, eventually he reached the courtyard and moved to a corner, there with the sky rapidly turning dark and a single star that twinkled, he sat down and crossed his legs, entering into a meditative state. The meditation lasted exactly 3 minutes before Zack got up and began doing jumping jacks, his wings matching his jumps and motion. He did 3 sets of 50 jumps and took a deep breathe. He got down on the ground and began to do pushups at the 50th push up, he rolled over, face looking at the sky, arms crossed, his wings being the only thing supporting his body and then his body began to move up and down slowly, his wings pushing his body off the ground like a reverse pushup. After a while he would roll over back to his original position and continue to do his normal pushups. When he reached his final pushup, he tensed his body and slowly, lifted his whole body off the ground, legs straightened out in the air and arms firmly planted in the ground. A couple of minutes later, his arms began to shake and he slowly lowered his body, back on the ground, arms above his head and wings uncomfortable crushed under his weight but at least he got a decent first day workout, Zack thought as he laid on the ground.

Richard Anton
Human - Nurse - Location: Nurse's Office - Tags: Pumpkid Pumpkid Yushin Yushin Felis Felis WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell

Anton headed into the office, heedless of the wingeds' discomfort. He glanced into the cabinet, which was still wide open. "As you can see," He tried to calm, "They're not very different than your collars. Just a simple GPS upgrade." He shrugged. "And it's a pretty quick process." He pressed his thumb to Will's collar, and it popped off with a click. "I just take it off, and then clip on the second one." As he spoke he closed the second collar around Will's neck. "And here's your schedule." He glanced into the pile of paper behind him and handed one to him.

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Nurse's Office - Tags: Meh

Will flinched at the sudden removal of his shock collar, his neck feathers poofing suddenly, though, some were bent from years of being trapped beneath the metal. Just as quickly as it had gone, there was another collar clipped back on.
He snatched the paper that was held out to him swiftly, backing away as his wings twitched uncomfortably. He tucked them in slightly closer, trying to get rid of the nervous feeling.

For a moment, Jonah had almost regretted calming Ingrid down. Why would they need GPS?

Because we're students, he told himself. It only makes sense they'd want to make sure no one was playing hooky. Despite this reasoning, he hesitated to hand his ID over to the nurse, only being able to after shooting himself with another wave pf calmness.

Besides, there wasn't much other option.

Ingrid
( Location: Office/ Tagged: T Tinytiger28 Felis Felis Yushin Yushin WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell )
The gadgets shown in the office still alarmed Ingrid. She was not the only one. She flinched when the clicking sound went off, switching Will's collar then handed his schedule. There really was no way out and if there is, now would be the time. However, with all these winged in the midst of it all, there was no chance she was allowing them them to fall. She came here for a reason and sought to go through with it. If this idea worked or not, there is only one way to find out. Ingrid is next in line as she tossed away her fears to follow through. "Okay cool. Let's get this over with." She urged desiring to leave the ominous room and explore the campus.

The click of the collar jolts everyone, but Ingrid. Her mind is set with total determination. She gave quick 'thank you' after obtaining her schedule and heading out of the office unfazed. This was normal. She's accustomed to the feeling. Out of the office, she encounters Will still bothered by the switch in collars. She kindly walks up to him baring a kind smile and a hand to squeeze his shoulders. "It's over. There should be nothing to worry about....for now." She stares at the rest of the group through her peripheral vision before realizing she had one more item left to fetch. On the counter, there are dorm room keys with their number. Now was the time to snatch a key up and if those were for them, then there is no need to wait if properly given right? Easily, she snatched a key with the number '1' on it and dangled the item in front of Will. "Well I'm off. I don't want to stay here another second where next they ask if they can give you a shot." She commented. "If the nurse asks, tell him I went ahead and grabbed a key." Once she gave her messege to Will, the winged trailed down the hall. Her heels echoing as she searches for the dorm room. Somewhere on the way she found herself in the courtyard as she had to cut across to get to her dorm room. She stops in the center realizing it's dark. How long have they been kept in the office for it to turn dark. Well estimating her travel and interactions, not long. She wondered if she could leave the premises for her to explore.

The moon's light illuminating beautifully on the courtyard. The wonderfully bloomed flowers, under a dome made the scenery seem as if she were in a green house. It almost felt like home to be surrounded by nature. All it needs are pine trees, the sound of water flowing, and birds chirping. A sigh of content escapes her lips. She wondered if her favorite, hometown flower grew around here. It would be a sight to behold.

As she wanders about, she comes across that same hornet who took off before she could speak to him. He seemed still as if he died. 'Did he die?' She aasked herself. He was an insect from the looks of it. It could even be possible he was overwhelmed and passed out or froze from the cold which is honestly impossible with this type of weather. It felt like summer. Regardless, she took the chance to nudge his sides with her shoe. "Hello? Are you you dead Mr. Bee?" There was no reaponse after a few pokings. She humed in thought setting her things down and kneeling beside the corpse. "Maybe I can examine hia function. I've never seen a winged such as this." She mumbled taking out her journal for notes. "Now let's see...judging by your pigment and body structure, he's not a bee. He's not a wasp. He's too..." She squeezed his left biseps finding it incredibly hard. "...Beefy. Perhaps a hornet? They're thicker." She rambled while jotting down her theories. Next her hand gently strodes over to his cheek where she pets the fellow of how soft his fur is. "So soft." She said in a hushed tone.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location: Courtyard. I Interactions: Pumpkid Pumpkid
Zack had actually fallen asleep due to the exhaustion caused by the workout and long travelling he had to endure. So, when this girl approached him and started to poke him and touch him, he simply turned his body to face her and crossed his arms, he let out a small snore and murmured "No, Nurse NZ-225... my muscles are all heal...." when suddenly his eye plates shifted, glistening from the night sky and he looked at this white haired girl, petting his fur. The look of confusion was so palpable it was like someone smashed an egg on his face, after the initial shock of confusion, he jolted his body away from this girl, as he held himself up with his arms behind him, sitting opposite to the girl. "What were you doing to my fur..." Zack inquired, looking at this double winged, white haired girl whose appearance was oddly pleasing on his eyes.

Ingrid
(Location: Courtyard/ Tagged: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )

Ingrid cringed, wincing over the specimen's earwrenching voice. Her hands attempting to muffle the sound. She heard words from him along with the noise. Is that how he spoke everytime? At least there isn't a migraine like her power. She takes a second to fix her composure. Her eyes gradually prying to meet his gaze. "Ouch." She grunted. "I didn't do anything but pet your fur to see how soft it is. I was curious." She replied. She smiled kindly. "Your characteristics are interesting. Unlike any other winged I've met before. So curious I've been wanting to ask if I could study you. Learn more about you. How you function, how you eat, sleep, breed." She listed. "Oh...sorry I'm rambling. It's just so exciting I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Ingrid Draven. How do you do?"

Zack Frothingham
Zack looked at her and crossed his legs, function, eat, sleep and BREEDING?!?! these were a bit of a warning sign in Zack's mind but he pondered on them a bit, should he blow this girl off and return to his dorm? No, I came to learn in this academy to act like a normal person not a hive. "I'm K..." Zack paused and twitched a bit before he replied. "My name is Zachary Frothingham" His voice was a bit softer this time around,he had never done that before, replying with his chosen name instead of his hive name but maybe this one wouldn't try to hurt him, physically or emotionally. "Well, I'm not the only curious being around here, you've also piqued my interest." Zack mentioned as his eyes traveled over Ingrid's body, analyzing her white hair and her two sets of wings.

Ingrid Draven

Ingrid flinched assuming his screechy voice would be heard. To her surprise, the noise was barely audiable and his words turned soft. 'So he can control the pitch of his voice. I must have startled him causing him to use his defense mechanism.' Is what she thought as he continued to introduce himself. She tilted her head a few degrees when he revealed his true name to be "Zachary Frothingham" 'So he does have a real name! Wait, I thought his name was K-15 something? That's how he introduced himself to the others. Unless it was a cover up?' Her gaze returning to Zack quzzically. She took another intake of his form and nods in acknowledgement. 'Smart. I probably wouldn't trust anyone else easily either if I didn't know them yet.' Often as she rambled aloud, Ingrid also had a tendency to get lost in her own mind. Most of the times arguing to herself, on debating about something or even thinking too hard about something. Being exhiled from interacting with other wings has left her no option but to talk to herself. To others, they probably perceived her as loony just Zack is possibly doing right now. Head moving around or shaking her head here and there squirming in her seat.

"I have? Well you're not the first. My secondary wings and enlarged wings have caught people's attention." She nervously chuckled then recalled being spotted as a big bird to the humans which they then labled her as "thunder bird" to cryptozoologist, thus nearly exposing herself. She cringed at the memory wanting to dismiss it and focus on the topic of their conversation. Ingrid took notice of Zachary practically gawking or as she assumed to be undressing her with his eyes. He sat silently as he twitched which gave her the implication of doing just that. When she peered at her choice of clothing, immediately she became flustered. Her chest is a clear view for all to see. Her large wings spread out before sheilding herself into a cloak.

Her expression sterned and apalled.
"Well good sir, I don't know what you're actually interested in me but my body is not one of them!" She growled shooting up to her feet while quickly, fumbling to grab hee belongings.

Zack Frothingham
Zack contrary to popular belief actually has decent hearing and heard what Ingrid was rambling about, this action reminded Zack of his hive and how certain hive workers, soldiers typically repeated orders to themselves and physically let out a groan, he scratched his head and tried to forget about the hive. "Well, it was mostly your white hair, I haven't seen anything like it and while yes, your wings did catch my attention, they were merely a passing attraction." Zack then noticed Ingrid looking flustered and covering herself with her wings, when he heard what she said he was disgruntled and let out a grunt before pulling his entire upper body backwards like he was doing a back roll and when his hands reached the ground he pushed himself off into a handstand with one arm before lowering his feet on the ground, he dusted himself off and tucked his hands into the pockets of his track pants. He approached Ingrid and replied with rougher edge to his voice. "Well, Ingrid... I don't know what impression my gaze gave you but I would like to apologize if it upset you, the Queen raised a soldier not a perverted jerk." Zack then zipped up his black and orange striped track jacket, covering his chest and the fur on it.

Last edited:

"Room 2" said the paper. The key felt weird in his hand, he'd never really had a key before. The responsibility weighed on him a bit. Politely taking his leave, he walked down the echoing corridors of the academy, reading through his details.

"'Zachary', huh?" he read the sheet out loud.

The Dormitory-room door stood before him, a number two marking its corridor address.

He swung the door open with absolute eagerness. "HI! I'M JONAH YOUR NEW ROOMMATE! LET'S GET ALO-". The room was empty. A wave of both embarrassment and relief flowed over him as he realized that shouting his introduction wouldn't be the best way to interact with a new face.

He took this time to unpack his belongings from his back, which there was a lot of since he had been carrying his whole life on his back for the past couple months. A blanket, a pillow, a Bible, several fantasy books, his toothbrush, the other essentials, and a picture. Two pictures actually. The first was of him and his parents. He had been young enough to be in a stroller and his parents had taken him to the park to see the ducks by the pond. There was very little Jonah had from that memory, but he recalled being ecstatic to see an animal with wings. "DUCK!" he had said, spreading his own dove-wings.

The second photo was... less memorable. The photo was of two children, a boy and a girl. The boy was obviously him, he had the same eyes, but the girl wasn't anyone he could remember. The only thing he knew was that this photo was important.

No, don't think about that. Memories are sad things, just stay happy.

... Stay happy...

Last edited:
Ingrid
While grumbling to herself, she couldn't help but ponder about his interest of white hair. How could anyone be fascinated about her hair rather than wings? Everybody she encountered eyed her wings, but not him. She'd be lying if she didn't admit this had her bewildered and embarassed. She never even thought about her hair's unatural color until now.

Zack's little trick to standing made the girl jump, stepping back a bit. He apologized adding an intresting fact about him that completely makes her forget the misunderstanding situation as her curious nature takes over. The girl was skeptical, but to her, his words seem genuine. How could it not? They just met and there really is no reason for other winged to lie to each other right? Especially in a suspicious place like this. "The Queen? You're his son? That's amazing! You're important than I thought. More access to information for me to understand you." She paused, "Wait, soilder? Shouldn't she be teaching you royal manners or something? I mean you must be protected like a prince and a prince you are fit for a future queen~ Obviously your colony must find you appealing given your design. I'm guessing." Ingrid's wings loosen hanging over her shoulders now for her hair to dangle and again glisten beautifully under the moonlight. While she awaited a reply, Ingrid took the time to admire Zack under the same light. His eyes seem to glisten to her, his fur on his head also appeared softer than before.

Zack Frothingham
Zack listened in carefully to Ingrid's reply and was admittedly still puzzled about her curiosity about his species but that's enough of that thought, he quickly interjected on her questions. "Ahh, you must believe that our ruling system is like that of humans and other winged kingdoms, it's actually not, the queen mates with multiple suitors and the offspring from these uh..." Zachary paused and moved his hand where his chin would be had he had a normal facial structure like he was confused on what word to use. "passionate moments are selected on random and out of the 100, no, 1000 offspring produced only about 5-10 are selected to be legitimate in the eyes of the hive and the males aren't even given rights to the throne, we are just either very high class advisers or high ranking generals in the hive army. And thank you for the compliment of my...design? I work out everyday to achieve peak physical fitness for the military." Zack paused again and wondered royal manners? oh right. "Ah, by royal manners you mean proper etiquette in courtship? Sorry but we don't really have other dukes, lords or what have you, just the queen and her workers. And on top of that the low number of sentience achieved among the hive is quite depressing, you won't get a lot of intellectual or even basic talks like the one we are having here." Zack had unconsciously relaxed his body, his body typically was tensed and ready for action but he did show one moment of vulnerability while talking to Ingrid.

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Courtyard/Tagged: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )

Immediately Ingrid starts jotting down notes on a new sheet while attempting to listen at the same time. There was a struggle, but managed to get every quote. "Oh you're welcome! It's just my honest opinion assuming your rules follow the same as the animal kingdom. The strongest is the alpha and the most attractive to their species." She said. Zachary's comment about some of the workers not having a mind of their own saddened her. It was almost like slavery, but they really didn't have a choice when it came to their colony. Ingrid evaluates the information written down realizing all of it is basic information she's already read up on. Despite Zack's appearance never been witnessed to most, his biology is the same as any insect just a little more self explanatory from an actual hornet. The smile plastered on her lips fades into a frown. Her eyes shift above to see the rising moon, then the lovely garden itself. To Zack it may seem like she zoned out when in reality Ingrid is just thinking. At least the winged no longer looked tense to her. Their conversation must have lighten him up. Such as everyone when one makes an acquaintance. She sighed sadly, closing her journal. "That sounds...sad. I wonder why?" She murmured. "At least you're not a burden to your family." Her saddened eyes returns to the star lit sky remembering her days with her loving family. This is the first time, Ingrid hasn't sat alone under the night sky with thoughts of her family's well-being. She was glad about that, but once those feelings came flooding back she had the urge to cry as she always does alone. Being the stubborn, strong girl that she is, Ingrid wasn't going to show her vulnerability to anyone. She did not come here to weep and drop her problems onto anyone. Nobody wanted that. She's certain.

The winged girl bites her inner cheek to keep her from weeping. "Do you ever...um...never mind." She said somberly. "This was a great chat. Thank you. I would still like to know more and if you're curious about me I'd be happy to answer you. I'm just..." She paused trying to think of the right excuse. "...Tired. It's been a long travel for me so I guess we can talk tomorrow. Okay? It was nice meeting you Zachary." Why keep up the charade of wanting to know more about the hornet? Simple, it seemed it relaxed him, it gave Ingrid a chance to know him and befriend the guy. This was her only way of getting close to people. She wanted to make friends with someone and by the looks of things, Zack is probably the longest encounter she's spoken to. Besides that, the moment she saw the guy, Ingrid has taken notice of everyone's cautious glares like he wasn't a winged. That infuriated her. He has every right just as much as anyone else. In a way wanted to protect the guy.

Zack Frothingham
Zack looked the white haired girl, Ingrid as her name was, he could tell she was a sad person, he began to speculate on what it could be, dead family? familial abuse? peer abuse? All these thoughts ran through his head but he quickly snapped them out, he is suppose to make connections, if she has a problem, he'll ask her when it becomes too clear in the signs. When he heard the word burden, he chuckled a bit in a low tone. "Not a burden, haha, that's a laugh, if you call running away from home and getting thrown in prison for self-defense not a burden." Zack blurted that out, like he was holding that in all this time and he finally got to unwind a bit."Ingrid, it was a pleasure meeting you, I hope I can learn more about you..."He paused and wondered. "Uh, Ingrid, by any chance is your dorm number 4C Room 1?" Zack grabbed his right antennae and pulled down it down to his mandible, he began to nibble at it like he was cleaning it, he stopped once he realized he was doing in front of Ingrid but old habits die hard, he guesses.

Ingrid Draven

Ingrid tilts her head as to what is funny until he replied. Her initial thought being: 'So he has a similar background to mine. Aaaand this guy can kill a man. Noted. Do not piss off the bee.' On the outside she looked shocked. Wide eyes baring at him with uncertainty of what to say. There was even an awkward silence in between. The silence broken as Zack proceeded to say his good-bye's. The way he said his name, so soft and so possibly timid to her made her lips tug into a small smile. To think, an acquaintance learned her name and spoke it so casually as if they were already friends made her heart flutter with delight. The question about her dorm room was off-putting to her. How the hell did he know that? She never even mentioned it. Her body tensed instantly going on guard. "No." She answered first undetermined of the number she chose. "....yes....maybe. Why do you ask?" Once again her curiosity piqued taking over her fear. As Zack started nibbling his antenna, Ingrid couldn't help but let out a small giggle. It was too cute to behold. "Cute." She whispered watching him amused by his knack.

Zack Frothingham
Zack nodded his head at the confirmation of his question."Yea, I suspected as much." He was starting to walk to the dorms but then he realized she also asked a question of hers."Oh, because I'm in dorm 4C room 2, I guess we are roombors?" Zack cringed at this new abomination of words, a portmanteau of room and dorm, he covered his eyes out of shame and did chuckle at this, although that chuckle was more a chuckle of pain than a chuckle of joy."Anyway, wanna walk to dorm?" Zack proposed an idea to Ingrid."I.. damn that was bad, wasn't it?" Zack looked at Ingrid with the most defeated look he could muster at the moment, looking for any honesty.

Last edited:
Ingrid Draven
(Location: Courtyard>Hallway to Dorms/ Tagged: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )

Ingrid covers her mouth. Shoulders shivering doing her best to stifle her laugh. To her dismay she bursts out laughing over a silly pun. Yes it was dumb, but to her jokes were jokes and loved every one of them. She holds her stomach and looks away half embarrassed. She must look odd to him. Once her laughing died down, she proceeds to answer his question while wiping a single tear from her eyes. A wide smile pasted on her face as the gloomy atmosphere has dissipated. "Heh, no not at all. I thought that was pretty funny. You can beelieve that." She teased adding another pun to the mix. "I would very much like that sir Zachary. I'm sure being...what was it now? Roombors will be quite fun." She nudged him playfully. "I'll knock on your door and ask for a cup of sugar maybe honey if you make some. We can even be wall buddies! Talk to you if you need using a secret knock." She babbled quite enjoying the idea. If she ever felt alone at night he would be just behind that wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back