• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings So you're looking for a partner? What a coinkydoink so am I ;D

Grish

Resident dumbass
Hii!

I'm Pan.
I'm 19, been roleplaying on-and-off for a good 6 years now on multiple platforms and settings, and my most dominant settings are European fantasy and modern slice-of-life-y or action prompts.

Personally, I do go by 'Quality over quantity' and therefore write in proportion to the information I get from the response before mine, but I also tend to enjoy much larger sequences when it comes to 1x1 (aaabout 3-4 paragraphs? or maybe 2 really thick ones). I've never used the forums as a platform themselves, mostly Google Docs or a Discord server (But if you can show me how no problemo ;D).

I'd appreciate advanced partners, tasteful edge is welcomed (with great edge writing comes great responsibility, please please don't overdo it), preferably with proper grammar and writing experience but I'm not one to judge as English is a second language of mine anywAY.

I rarely do fandom RP, and there aren't enough I know of to quite suggest on my behalf >.>, so I'm much more fit for OC settings of most genres ^^ I have a couple of prompts I've been meaning to tackle for quite some time now;

1. "Does that helmet ever come off?" "...You mean my head?"

It's not as far into the future as you'd think, as humanity has made as many technological leaps as it did the last century anyway. Glass, holographic visors replaced the eye-straining screens, and the little Japanese robot helpers have spread out around the globe like an airborne disease- a good one...(?) The world has been living like such for a good couple of decades, with many more little robotic inventions that helped the everyday common citizen, whether it walked your dog or filled your car's gas.

So of course America would try to weaponize it.

Militaristic engineers had to disguise the manufacturing of these machines as 'bodyguards' in front of the UN, with the intention of selling them to VIPs for their own safety. Naturally, they were building a robotic army, each one of them armed to their steel teeth. Everything went smoothly, and their first prototype was at hand. The first of the Environmental Dynamic Individual Defense Unit line, A-g1y2047. Its program had it refer to itself as EDIDU. The machinery tests went on flawlessly, which filled the governmental representatives with confidence, but it wasn't as ruthless in the theoretical exams as they'd have liked it to be.

It truly believed itself to be a bodyguard.

A-g1y2047 needed to be disposed of, but it's key-engineer couldn't part with his creation that easily. Instead, EDIDU was smuggled out in one piece, given second-hand clothes to cover his android build, and a round plastic cover to illude his head as a biker helmet.

You find him, wandering the streets like an 8-year-old in an adult body. You're yet to know the troubles his mere presence would bring.

This prompt is essentially a fun mix of Terminator, Detroit: Become Human, and Wall-E. About any character alignment/occupation should work in this scenario, resulting in a variety of directions the two could head to. It's a bit of a given for me to GM this prompt a lot more, as I sorta got all the bad guys in mind xD.

2. "A book of faces? That does sound exciting-- Do you own it?" "No no- Facebook. It's on the internet."

Look. I could've been somewhere completely different, yeah? College, maybe even a university, but we ain't have the money for that kind of thing.
My brothers are all out doing whatever handyman work they could find, and since I'm the only girl, I gotta do what Mama does.

I'm a cleaning lady, that's all I do. I cook sometimes too if that's what our clients want, but most jobs were just 'come in on a Wednesday morning so I don't see you and clean the place up' type of gig. So you can imagine my surprise when I show up at that creepy mansion.

He lived there alone, and he looked like he was my age- and yet somehow seemed completely oblivious to anything I say; he never heard of snapchat- or even smartphones in the matter. I don't think he even saw any clothes beyond the 20th century. But the money is still the same... and he seems to be loaded with it, which obviously I really need. The gig's much more maid than it is cleaning lady, he even has a spare room for me to sleep in. The deal's 6 days a week with a day off for me to stay at my Mama's, I cook, clean, and apparently... teach him about stuff in the modern era.

This one's gonna need more explaining, because I liked this little introduction more than I did the normal exposition xD. In this prompt, you'd play a cooped up vampire, after a recent event having his family depart in some way or another and leaving him alone in his mansion. After briefing through Golden Pages you'd find a cleaning lady since taking care of a whole mansion out of the blue is a bit of a difficult task.

The charm in this one I find is the wholesomeness of growing together as such an absurd pair, while still with some creepier mystery of the gruesome vampire nature and how his secret would be revealed or judged. The both of us would have control over the narrative (Me with my cleaning lady's family and you free to gm the vampire's side however you like), and it can very easily turn into a romance plot, but of course, doesn't have to.

That's about as many as I fleshed out for now! If you have any ideas you'd like to brainstorm, or if you fancy a twist on the two above, shoot me a DM ^^

Dystopian? Cyberpunk? Existential robotics? Military?

QUALITY over QUANTITY?!

My favorite things.

I immediately thought of a cybernetically enhanced special operator combat doctor who, after years of bitter service, was "asked not to continue her commission" after the paper she submitted to the Secretary of the Navy demanding combat robots be given the choice to serve in the military (as AI qualified them for the same rights afforded humans) was found to be quite offensive and borderline insubordinate. Taking the blow personally, this early forties veteran becomes a drunk and runs a crappy little free clinic in the slums and lives in a crappy little apartment. And she's a mean drunk. Especially when it comes to her ex-husband (a Commander at MARSOC).

However, I'm afraid I couldn't do much in the LGBTQ category. I've played gay characters before, but very poorly, so I wouldn't want to risk offending. Also, I'm not the best at playing female characters. I've been praised for my strong female characterizations in my writing, but I've been told that I miss their aspect of emotional vulnerability (as I'm a big strong manly manz grrr BEER AND FOOTBALL). This is a super intriguing idea, though. And you're only 19? Hell yeah! Write a friggin' book! <3

I immediately thought of a cybernetically enhanced special operator combat doctor who, after years of bitter service, was "asked not to continue her commission" after the paper she submitted to the Secretary of the Navy demanding combat robots be given the choice to serve in the military (as AI qualified them for the same rights afforded humans) was found to be quite offensive and borderline insubordinate. Taking the blow personally, this early forties veteran becomes a drunk and runs a crappy little free clinic in the slums and lives in a crappy little apartment. And she's a mean drunk. Especially when it comes to her ex-husband (a Commander at MARSOC).

I have such a good idea for the dynamics between those two, ALMOST Detroit: Become Human Hank and Connor style, but I like me some originality so there'll be big differences of course ; D Plus I have a huge huge driving idea for the two's plot! Which platform are you most comfortable using? Let me know so I can shoot a DM ; >

Users who are viewing this thread

Back