• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom So Ya Want to be a Master?

Turning with a smile to Cynthia, Kyle leans over to Charlie and whispers, "Could you help her out? Don't carry it by yourself but lighten the load for her?"

Petting Charlie on the head gently he turns and walks over to where Miles indicated the Bulbasaur basin was located.

"Don't worry about me Miles. I'm stronger than I look."

With that he stepped up to the crate that the basin was in. Getting a grip on the large wooden box that just from looking one could take that it would normally take two men to carry, he squatted as he held on and then with a small grunt he lifted with his legs and swung around carefully so as not to hit Miles. Stepping forward he paused so that Miles could direct him where to go.

Charlie nods and eases the load psychically, making Cynthia's work a lot easier. She proudly steps to the truck, crate in mouth. Miles, meanwhile, watches, again impressed.

"You're making it look easy. By the crate, if you please." At the same time he walks over to a clerk and hands him some money. "Thanks for everything."

"You sure you don't strain yourself? It's beautiful...but...I guess I should worry less."

"Once you have that placed I can head home. Up to you to follow if you like."

Walking slowly under the weight Kyle sets the basin down by the crate like Miles instructed as carefully as he had picked it up. Looking over with a sigh he chuckles at how contented Cynthia seems to be with herself that she managed to help. Far be it from him to spoil her pride.

"I'm fine. It's nothing compared to training against my pokemon."

"Ready when you are boss. Was just wondering if you wanted to get something to eat while we are in town? Or do you only eat food from your own kitchen? Just out of curiosity that is."

"Well, I haven't done much in town dining as of late, but that doesn't mean we can't! I'll have this stuff sent home and meet you downtown. You pick, my treat!"

"There are several nice places to eat here, if my memory serves from my research," Charlie mentions. "I bet we could find something for everyone!"

"This was fun...but I definitely like the idea of food!" Cynthia says excitedly.

The Gardevoir looks at her trainer admiringly. "So strong...and attractive...I'm all a-flutter."

"Heh, Kyle? I think your Charlie there is daydreaming! See you in a few!" Miles walks off.

"I'm not particular. Just need to find a place that'll serve the pokemon too. Know of one?"

Listening to Charlie he smirks as he puts an arm around her and grins as Cynthia cheers at the mention of food.

"Calm down now before you make me blush Char," he replies to her flattery until he sees Miles walking away. Chasing after him he follows his boss. "Don't wanna get separated. Don't know our way around and have no way of contacting you should we lose track of each other."

"Oh, my bad! I meant to give you this." He offers him a phone. "This has me on speed dial. Shouldn't be a problem now, right?"

"Most restaurants here are Pokemon friendly. Just stay away from Pioneer Square and you shouldn't find any snobby places," laughs Charlie, intentionally standing in her trainer's space.

Cynthia wonders "Why wouldn't a restaurant like Pokemon?"

Accepting the phone from Miles he studies it for a few moments before nodding towards the boss.

"Should be good now. I'll let ya know when we find a place. Shouldn't take too long Miles. Thank you."

With that he waved Cynthia onward to follow as Charlie latched onto him. Blushing slightly he put an arm around her.

"Stay close alright? Wouldn't want to get separated."

Turning to look towards Cynthia at her question he smiles.

"Some places decide to serve humans only and see pokemon as nothing more than animals that would bring the hygiene of the business into question."

"Well that's dumb!" Cynthia mutters. "Hygiene? It's not like we're all Grimer--oh. Got it."

Charlie laughs. "You know I won't go far. Not without you."

It takes a couple of minutes before they enter the town square. "What are your thoughts on pasta?" asks the Gardevoir.

A crowd is beginning to gather.

"I think it's silly too but not all pokemon are as mature as you two. Some might decide to investigate the kitchen out of curiosity and if they even shed a single hair of fur into a pot and someone finds it in their dish where it doesn't belong they'll have grounds to complain."

Smiling towards Charlie he keeps watch as they walk around until they get to the town square.

"I like it. I'll call Miles and let him know where to meet us if that's what you want?"

"Sounds nice to me...but do let's get inside. I suddenly feel very nervous. Is it because of all these people?"

A voice shouts "That's the contest champion!"

Cynthia braces herself. "Now we're in trouble."

It's not quite a stampede, but the crowd that formed slowly earlier is now advancing like a wall upon the trio.

Nodding, Kyle holds open the door for both of them and follows them inside as he calls his boss. He ducks in just in time as the crowd starts to get close.

"Hey there Miles. We are at the Little Italy restaurant. Charlie, Cynthia, and I decided on pasta if that sounds good? We'll get a table and wait for ya."

Taking a booth behind a privacy separation he smiles at his two girls. Opening a menu for Cynthia and standing it up to hide her face and opens his up doing the same.

"I think I just figured out the downside of fame," murmurs Cynthia.

"It's okay. They won't follow us in here. People have enough decency for that...right?"

"How may I serve you sir?" asks a waitress, suddenly appearing by the table.

Holding back a chuckle at Cynthia's exclamation Kyle pets her until the waitress appears.

"I'll take a lemonade. Can we get a water for Cynthia here?" he requested patting the Vaporeon gently. "And another lemonade for Charlie here?" he added as he smiled across the table at his Gardevoir.

When the waitress disappeared to get the drinks he turned back to Charlie.

"Some do. Others will hound you to no extent for a story if they think it'll make them famous or anything like that."

"Sure thing. I'll be back with those in a couple minutes."

"I like lemonade too, you know," Cynthia chuckles. "But I do appreciate the water."

"Hounding is not something I tried to do in my old job...but to each their own. I just wish I wasn't so...shiny."

"Thank you," he replies before turning back to his pokemon.

Smiling down towards Cynthia he nodded.

"Then if you finish your water I'll get you a lemonade for the refill. Sorry Cyn," he petted her.

Turning to Charlie once she spoke he smiled and leaned forward with a smirk, resting his chin on his hands.

"You shined even as a human Char," he replied, flattering her.

"It's all good," she laughs.

Charlie's eyes glow a bit. "You're making me emotional," she says, using Cute Charm. "Don't push me too far, or I might get all lovey right here and now!"

Cynthia blinks her eyes. "You two are adorable...but could you keep it down? I think we might still have an audience."

It's true. A crowd has gathered by the window. The waitress returns.

"I didn't realize you had won the contest recently."

At the same time, a familiar voice calls out, "Guest for Kyle, please. Name's Miles."

"You're adorable when you get all blushy and gushy," he replies, sitting back with a chuckle.

Turning to Cynthia at her warning he looks around to see that people had become to come inside and other guests were watching them. He sighed. He had thought himself quiet so he wasn't necessarily disturbing their meals per se but he had to blame the competition if it was anything. He didn't think they would become this popular from just one.

"Yes ma'am. We just recently won it a day or two ago. Didn't think that we would become so infamous overnight though."

Standing up, Kyle cautiously peeks over the privacy wall to see Miles. Standing up to his full height once he realizes it's actually his boss Kyle waves him over to where they are sitting.

"Come on and sit down Miles. We're waiting for you to order."

"Oh, wonderful!" Miles walks over pleasantly. "Thank you for saving me a seat. Looks like you've got some admirers, eh, Charlie?"

She turns bright red. "I only want one, really..."

"Menu looks good...but could we get the private suite? I think my friends here would prefer a little less public viewing."

The waitress, clearly a bit star struck, nods. "This way please."

"No problem," Kyle replies as Miles approaches. "The attention is a little much."

When Miles mentions about the private suite Kyle looks expectantly between his boss and the waitress awaiting a response eagerly. He didn't like the attention much better than either Cynthia or Charlie himself. But while in her pokemon form she would have no way of communicating that to the people who didn't understand her. He felt for her.

When the waitress goes to lead them towards the suite Kyle places a hand on Miles' shoulder expressing his gratitude as they make their way away from the prying eyes attempting to get closer and impede upon their privacy.

The room isn't overly fancy...but it doesn't have any windows. Both Pokemon let out the equivalent of a relieved sigh.

"This is much nicer," murmurs Charlie. "I can be more affectionate here," she goes for a hug, but Cynthia hops in the way.

"Wait until you're not in front of your boss."

"Thanks for the upgrade," Miles grins as they enter.

"Anything you say, sir. Can we serve you anything?"

"Um...I'll have what these fine folks were having!"

Following them into the room Kyle smiles as they are led to a table where they all four can sit without being interrupted by paparazzi and the crowds.

"Thank you miss....Miles," he states to each of them before she runs off to get them their drinks. "Also the Vaporeon this time would like a Lemonade instead of a water if that's possible?"

Waiting for Miles to order he looks towards his group with a smile.

"Anyone know what they want to eat yet? I know Charlie and I were thinking spaghetti."

"Spaghetti sounds good, but I'll have mine with alfredo sauce, I think," says Miles pleasantly. "So, still getting used to celebrity status, huh? Gardevoir looks like she just got out of being stifled!"

"You're too nice, Kyle," Cynthia giggles at the request for lemonade.

"I think he's more perceptive than he lets on. I did feel stifled. It's much nicer here."

The waitress returns with beverages, meanwhile.

Smiling towards Miles Kyle nods at his question.

"Yeah. I come from a small village and while I get plenty of attention there from the kids and the locals because of hosting and arranging the tournament we have there it hasn't really ever taken off fame-wise like the one we participated in where we met."

Smiling towards Cynthia Kyle pets her as he turns to look towards Charlie as she telepaths.

"As do I. I think anyone could see that we were flustered by the sudden onslaught of fame though."

When the waitress returns with beverages Kyle thanks her before beginning to order for everyone.

She walks away again with the orders and another nod.

"I understand. I didn't use to know what to do with having the public eye on me either. Eventually I got used to it, but even now it sometimes feels a bit strange. The car is on the way home with my stuff, so how about we take a carraige ride home? Also, as a side note...now that we're out of the house -- tell me more about training Sandy."

"I have a feeling he's much more perceptive than he lets on..." murmurs Charlie.

"Sandy's a goof ball," mutters Cynthia.

"Sounds fine to me," he replied towards the offer of the carriage ride.

When he asks about training Sandy Kyle hesitates trying to figure out how to best word the training day.

"We did a little light sparring to gauge her power levels and stats. Tomorrow once everyone is rested up we'll start with the serious sparring and training especially against pokemon that have a type advantage against her like my Haunter."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back