• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom So Ya Want to be a Master?

(You'd think I'd notice these notifications...)

"It's really not a problem. Did she get her fill of adventure?"

"The place is even bigger than bigger than big!" she says. "I honestly thought I could wander the place for the rest of my life and still not see everything! Until the chef tried to cook me, anyway..."

Charlie laughs. "I'm sure you'll have lots of time to look the place over."

"Also, as a side note, if you need more space for your Pokemon, please let me know," adds the wealthy fellow.

(I haven't been getting notifications either whether through here or via email. Dunno if my partners all died off or whatever happened.)

"I hope so. Her adventures seem to turn into misadventures rather quickly."

Striking a pose as if pondering something he smirked towards Cynthia.

"I wonder what Vaporeon soup would taste like?"

Turning his attention back to Miles when the man speaks Kyle gives him a nod.

"I assure you that regardless of what type of accomodations you give us it will be spoiling compared to camping off the side of a route road."

"Well, you say that but just because you're used to roughing it doesn't mean that's what I want you to do while working for me."

At Kyle's comment Cynthia initially looks frightened, then just mildly irritated. "Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about humans."

Charlie giggles softly, causing Miles to grin. "So how did you settle on her name? Charlie is a pretty human-esque name. I'll admit she does seem to have a lot of personality, but it's still an interesting naming choice for a Pokemon."

The Gardevoir leans on her trainer and sighs contentedly.

Miles chuckles. "You sure know how to inspire affection from your Pokemon."

"Understood," he replied as he listened to Cynthia's retort.

"Pretty awful I would imagine," he telepathed with a smirk towards the Vaporeon. "I imagine Vaporeon tastes very fishy with a great deal of grissle."

Listening to Miles' question Kyle thinks for a minute as to what to say.

"It sort of just came to me. Seemed fitting I should say," he replied simply.

Putting an arm around her as she leaned on him he smiled kindly towards her and grins when Miles comments.

"I've always followed the method that my pokemon are equal partners in our journey together. After spending so much time together I've come to be able to understand their communications some what. If we were any more synchronized sometimes I'd swear that we could converse back and forth. I always take their feelings into account to the best of my ability. None of us are perfect and we all understand that. But every since I started my journey my pokemon have been my family and I treat them as such."

"Actually we're a delicacy and-- what am I saying?!" She blushes and shakes her head. "Alright, you win. Well played."

"That's really quite a wonderful strategy. Far too many trainers I've met think of Pokemon as means to an end. Your regard for the members of your team, or as you put it, family, is really admirable. Sometimes I wish my Pokemon could talk so I could know just what they think of me."

"Careful what you wish for. You just might get it!" Charlie giggles.

The car turns a corner and they're downtown.

"Traffic here is not great, so why don't you get out and go on ahead? Parkington's Auction House, on 3rd and Main."

Chuckling at Cynthia he sobers when Miles speaks again.

"Thank you Miles. You never know. If you spend enough time with them one never knows whether or not you could learn to understand them."

Reaching his arm that he wrapped around her upward he pets her on the head as she giggles until they arrive downtown and Miles suggest they get out and walk the rest of the way.

"Meet you there boss," he replied as he opened the door for Charlie to get out first and followed close behind, waving Cynthia onward. "Don't fall behind or get distracted here, either of you. Cities are more dangerous than the rural routes we usually stick to when walking. There are cars that could run you over and people that are no better than team rocket that will want to steal you and/or sell you for all sorts of evil purposes."

Turning to look at Charlie and Cynthia he softens his features from serious to a patient smile.

"All I meant to say was to stay close cause I can't stand the thought of losing either of you."

With his explanation he turns and they begin making their way down the street. Watching street signs he looks for either of the streets that Miles had mentioned.

"Don't worry, I have no plans of going far from you two. I'm not overly fond of cities," murmurs Cynthia. "The only thing I trust is you two right now."

"As far as cities go," adds Charlie, "This one doesn't look too rough. I do see we've garnered some attention, though."

Sure enough, several city goers are taking photos and pointing and whispering.

"It's a friendly reception," she nods. "I think our reputation from the contest has caught up with us."

"I don't mind being famous...as long as everyone leaves us alone," Cynthia grumbles. "Okay...except for that guy with the food."

"We just ate!" laughs Charlie.

"Yeah, but not cupcakes!" Cynthia whines.

"Maybe later...say...I just realized...isn't that third? I can't tell you how glad I am I can read still." Charlie chuckles.

"Glad to hear," he smiles down to Cynthia before turning his attention to Charlie as she speaks.

Looking around at the people all staring as they were making their way downtown. Taking in the faces that passed them as they walked quickly, not wanting to be late meeting up with Miles. He simply saw it as walking with a purpose since they were work-bound. They had a job to do while they were here. (OOC: Thousand Miles reference. lol)

"We can get something to eat after we get our work done so long as Miles is willing to give us the time," he added to their conversation.

Smiling towards Charlie as she mentioned about still being able to read and understand human he reaches over and pets her head.

"I am most happy about that as well."

The pat triggers her Pokemon instincts and she intensifies the ever present warmth in his body.

"That's third street, for sure. Which means if we follow it we'll find main...without too much trouble, hopefully."

Cynthia nods. "If there is trouble I will personally ensure it doesn't hurt you two lovebirds. So when did you make it official?"

Charlie does not reply, instead looking for main street. More passersby watch them go -- and one person even makes a comment about how human her expressions are...but no one tries to stop them or bother them.

"Okay," he replies as he turns to follow third street, glancing back to ensure that they were still with him and following.

Smiling down towards Cynthia he had the urge to pet her but resisted, not wanting to waste any more time. They had to find and get to this place in time for Miles or before even.

"That certainly makes me feel safer," he commented. "So long as we keep you out of any kitchens," he added with a chuckle.

Choosing to ignore her question about when they made their relationship official he concentrated on their surroundings, watching the street signs until they found main street.

"I think I'd be safe in assuming that very large structure is the one we're looking for?" Charlie points to a large marble building.

Cynthia tilts her head. "It's ugly."

"But it's on third and main," replies the Gardevoir with a laugh. "Yes, this is definitely not the most attractive structure, but I think it's the one we're looking for."

She waits for Kyle to lead the way.

Turning his head to take in the structure that Charlie pointed out he looked for a sign to verify its identity. Upon his verification he smiled at the two before waving them onward to follow him inside. Not very far into the building however, they were stopped.

"I'm sorry sir but where do you think you are going? We cannot simply let you waltz in so casually. There are many priceless items secured here. Please do you have any identification?"

Handing the man a card with his photograph on it, it also displayed his gym/badge record as well as how many types of pokemon he had seen vs how many he had actually caught.

"I'm here waiting for my boss Mr. Miles. He informed us to wait for him here. He's on his way here to pick up some items he had won at auction. We're simply the muscle for moving said items."

Cynthia huffs. "You humans sure have a lot of rules. What could they possibly have in here that we would want to take?"

"It's not all that different from Pokemon claiming their territory," replies Charlie. "Humans have many things that are dear to them. Sometimes they'll even trade precious things for one another."

"Including Pokemon?"

"Yes, sometimes."

"Be patient Cynthia. They sell a lot of things here. Some worth far more than any prize from a tournament. It's only natural that the people that work here would be over protective of such items."

He had spoken telepathically as he glanced back towards her. He folded his arms in front of his chest as he backed away from security towards Cynthia and Charlie.

"Guess we're waiting here until Miles arrives."

"Sorry to have kept you waiting!" Miles voice is shortly followed by his appearance. "Gentleman, you may let him pass. He's here to help me out."

Cynthia grins.

Turning to see Miles arriving he smirks and follows his boss past security this time and ensures that Cynthia and Charlie are following closely behind.

"Don't worry about it Miles. We weren't waiting that long. Just happy that you managed to find somewhere to park in that mess of traffic."

He followed Miles closely and checked every so often to ensure that Cynthia wouldn't go exploring on her own. The last thing he needed was her wandering off and breaking something expensive.

"It's not too hard when you have your own spot," he laughs. "These guys are kinda used to seeing me around by now. Probably just means I'm spending too much money."

Cynthia and Charlie follow closely, admiring the various sculptures and paintings and such.

"My purchase is back here," Miles nods. "Any of you know how to operate a forklift?"

"Amusingly...yes. Yes I do. Don't ask."

Nodding as Miles speaks light-heartedly Kyle follows him. When Charlie pipes up that she knows how he lets her walk ahead of him.

"Charlie here should be sufficiently skilled for the job Miles."

Smirking with confidence towards the man he watched as Charlie came forward to take control of the fork lift so that they could get the job done and over with.

"Whoa, hold on. You trained her to use a forklift? Gee, is there anything she isn't trained for? I'm beginning to think she's more human than Pokemon!" Miles chuckles.

Charlie lightly enters the cockpit of the device. "I don't know where I'm going with this, so I'll let you lead."

Cynthia bolts behind Kyle when the machine suddenly roars to life.

Chuckling at Miles' reaction and choice of words Kyle picks up Cynthia and lets her snuggle into his arms as Charlie turns the ignition. Standing back he watched as she tested the controls before he turned to Miles with a smirk.

"She understands human so you guide her to the products and she'll load and unload them to your content boss."

Miles nods, clearly impressed. "Alright, Charlie. Head to the back here and lift that pallet there, alright?"

"Yes sir!" she says, more to Kyle than to Miles. She navigates gracefully, avoiding obstacles and making it over without problems. She lifts the palette, then waits.

"Place it on the flatbed back there," Miles motions.

She does so, then grins.

"She's amazing."

Kyle watches patiently with a smile on his face as he watches her work. Petting Cynthia to get her to relax a bit he gives Miles a thumbs up with his free hand as she carefully follows Mile's commands. At Mile's praise of her Kyle bites back his blush to the best of his ability.

"Very honored you approve Miles," he replies. "She is my partner after all."

"I am so excited to see what you do with Sandy. If she ends up being half as talented as Charlie here she'll exceed my expectations," he laughs. "Alright, the rest of this stuff we can carry by hand. I'll call on you for this part.

Charlie powers the machine down and lightly descends from it.

"I'm not sure how much heavy lifting you want me to do..."

Cynthia relaxes. "Can I help?"

Nodding towards Miles Kyle sets Cynthia down after Charlie powers down the lift.

"You take it easy Char. You moved the heaviest thing thus far. Now it's up to me and Cynthia to pick up the slack."

Turning to Miles he smiles.

"Point me to the heaviest. Cynthia can take care of something light. Dunno how she's going to carry it," he commented with a chuckle as he looked down at the Vaporeon.

"The Bulbasaur basin over there is pretty hefty. You might want a second guy helping you out, though. I don't want you to strain yourself."

Charlie watches with some interest. "I had a machine to help, you know. I just...don't have much in the way of upper body strength. I could use my head though," she laughs.

"I'll pull my weight," murmurs Cynthia, putting her teeth to one of the crate handles and attempting to drag it.

"Ah, Cynthia? It's sweet you want to help but don't wear yourself out!" Miles looks concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back