• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom So Ya Want to be a Master?

"There are eight," replies the trainer enthusiastically. "I've discovered they don't usually hang out in the wild, but Jackson and I are attempting to find them all anyways. So...here's a proposal. Would you be willing to trade?"

Charlie looks a bit surprised. "Vaporeon are beautiful, but they aren't rare. He could easily find and raise an Eevee to become one."

Cynthia, meanwhile, looks thoroughly amused. "Trade for me? He might as well ask for a Mew!"

"I can trade you a Mew. What do you say?"

Both Charlie and Cynthia are stunned.

Grinning back at Charlie and Cynthia to tease them like he was actually thinking about it he turns back to the trainer with a smile on his face.

"As tempting an offer as that is my friend I am afraid I must decline. I'd love to have a Mew but Eevee are plentiful. You could just as easily catch one and evolve it yourself instead of asking someone else to give up theirs. This Vaporeon though. She is special to me and my Gardevoir."

Picking Cynthia up into his arms and cuddling her he grinned at the other trainer.

"So sorry bud but the answer is no. Good luck on your search though!"

He yelled the last part back as he waved the trainer off and walked away as the poor guy stood there dumbfounded.

"Gosh..." mutters the trainer, thoroughly flabbergasted. "He must really love his Vaporeon. I guess they passed the test."

If anyone in the group had bothered to look back, they might have seen the trainer simply...vanish.

"I am astounded you did not accept the offer, but also rather grateful."

Cynthia nods.

Walking back towards the city Kyle smiles at his two travelling companions.

"I'm glad I didn't take the offer. Really it just seemed like sloth on that guy's part. There are Eevee everywhere. Catch a few and make your team of Eevee evolutions. Why try taking someone else's unless you're just lazy?"

Setting Cynthia back down he looks between the two.

"Alright so we in a rush to get this done? If so Charlie let's get to Pallet Town so we can get this trading thing over with."

"I rather doubt anyone capable of catching a Mew could be slothful," says Charlie, scratching her head. "Perhaps the offer was not a real one -- or the answer meant more than the offer. At any rate, yes, I suppose it would be ideal to seal me up for good, so let us hurry."

Cynthia nods.

"We may find this an interesting experience. I wonder how I'll turn in my resignation to the library. I will miss my research."

Last edited:
"Hold up," he announced stopping in his tracks. "Just because you're in a pokemon's body right now doesn't mean anything. You can still think like a human and telepath in human language. I'm still your partner. You can still do field research. And as for sealing you up. You're right. Can't let you run away from me Charlievoir."

He smirked over at her hoping to elicit a blush from her with his words.

"Also why don't we just tell your boss what happened? Even if she doesn't believe you don't ya think it would be handy for the library to get research information from the perspective of a pokemon? It's like an experiment where you don't have to be poked or prodded or hooked up to anything. I bet the articles you would write from now on would be pretty popular so long as you don't write them in Gardevoir. I can't imagine having to read an entire article of Gar Gar Gardevoir Gardevoir Gar Gard."

"No one has ever heard of a Pokemon researcher being an actual Pokemon. Any reports I wrote might as well be in the language, because no one would be willing to believe that what was written was actually from a Pokemon perspective unless they witnessed a human being made to write it via hypnosis or something. And," she says, her look becoming ever so slightly mischievous, "as much fun as it has been hypnotizing you and making you forget, I don't think it would be wise to try to submit an academic paper in that fashion."

Cynthia laughs, as if remembering something funny.

"And besides..." Charlie adds, walking very close and bopping you gently on the nose, "I've been telepathing the Pokemon language to you all day. You could read a report that said 'Gar Gar Gardevoir Gardevoir Gar Gard,' if you wanted to. Now then, let's go to Oak's lab and finish what we've started, hm? I imagine it'll be a once in a lifetime experience."

Her eyes flash for just a moment, then she walks back and takes a slight bow.

"I don't see why not but it is your choice Charlie. Either way I'm here to support you," he replies putting an arm around her.

Turning to Cynthia when he hears her laugh he has a puzzled look on his face.

"Something funny Cynthia?"

Turning back to Charlie when she begins speaking he nods in agreement.

"You said let's hurry. You feeling up to teleporting us again?"

When her eyes flash and then she takes a bow the puzzled expression returns to his face.

"You alright Charlie?"

Cynthia smirks, but begins walking.

"Indeed. Brace yourselves. Oh, and I apologize for the sudden change in manner. I'm trying to reflect your emotional state and I just now misjudged it, thus the change in behavior. Here we go!"

A moment later, the three find themselves outside the lab.

"They will be happy to see us. The professors both greatly enjoyed your company."

"Hey, cousin!" Kukui suddenly appears. "Back so soon?"

"One tends to travel pretty quickly when you have a partner that can teleport. Besides Bill couldn't help us much. He tried but separating the human from the pokemon in Charlie failed. One thing it did do is wipe her programming for the command phrases so she's free of mind control now. But we have both agreed to accept things as they are and go through with the trade so that it will be official that she is my partner," Kyle explained to Kukui.

Initially he had been looking with a smile towards Kukui but as he spoke about the agreement he turned his head to make eye contact with Charlie to gauge her reaction to his words.

"I see," replies Kukui with a nod. "Well then, you'll want to talk to Prof Oak, I imagine. He's just inside." So saying, he leads the way.

Cynthia, meanwhile, sniffs the air and paws at Charlie nervously.

"We have a perimeter warning -- both of us have now detected it. Trouble in some variety is coming, though I cannot clearly tell what -- and it is coming very soon." The warm feeling remains, but there's a sort of tension in your chest now. "We may need to defend the lab against intruders."

"You coming, cousin?"

Walking into the lab some of the scenery seems familiar from their last visit but Kyle is still amazed as he looks around at the lab of a pokemon research legend. When Kukui mentions trouble coming Kyle jumps into action and releases all of his pokemon so that they're all ready to fight.

"You bet cousin," Kyle stated. "Cant wait to see you two in action!"

"You realize I only gave you that message?" Charlie says, with a slight chuckle. "Although...Professor Oak is about to say it too."

"Good afternoon, young man. It's good to see you, but unfortunately we have a situation. Team Rocket appears to be staging some sort of attack in the fields outside, and I have to go prevent them."

"Might as well bring me along, Prof. I'm here to help if I'm here to visit!"

"We may learn from these veterans. Our assistance could he a requirement."

"Say, cousin. Seems like you saw trouble coming. How? Something your 'mons noticed?"

Cynthia is all eyes and ears and battle stances.

Nodding he follows them with his pokemon in toe.

"Shame we couldn't get this trade over with before they decided to be a pain in the ass," Kyle muttered.

Turning to Charlie he offers her a smile and a quick peck on the cheek.

"You ready Charlievoir? You Cynthia? Venusaur? Charmeleon? PIdgeot? Haunter? Wartortle?"

Oak frowns. "I believe we can repel the intruders without being coarse." Kukui snorts.

As if in sync, all nod in response to your question. Sure enough, shouts from outside can be heard. There's definitely trouble.

"Fire type Pokemon are often sought out for their warmth, but I imagine these scoundrels want more than heat. The sensors indicate that they've started with the Vulpix habitat. We'll need to be quick to interfere."

"Alright!" Kukui grins. "Let's show them what we're made of, Braviary!"

"A wise choice. Braviary move quickly and are known as hardy birds. I once encountered one in my attempt to rescue a Hoothoot. The practical application is clearly not missing from either Professor's career."

She nods at the stone in your hand.

"You've got mega evolution mastered, I see. I'll have to give you a crash course on Z-power sometime!"

"But for now, let's battle!"

It's only a moment before you've caught up with the Rockets -- sure enough, Vulpix are scattering left and right.

"Change of plan. Everyone will be helping to fight off the rockets. Pidgeot though I want you to zip around picking up the Vulpix before the rockets can get their hands on them. Return them to their habitat while we launch some rockets."

Turning back to Charlie he gave her a smirk.

"You ready for this?"

"Destined, it seems," she replies, as Pidgeot begins picking up and dropping off firefoxes. It's not too long before your opponents notice.

"Stop that bird! Electrike! Give it a taste of your Thunder Wave!"

"An intelligent if predictable choice!" calls out Oak. "Come then, Tauros! Take Down!"

The bull Pokemon appears from the ball, rears back, and charges at full speed.

"We'll keep the others busy! Braviary! Start with a Sky Drop on the opposing Arbok!"

The bird rushes with blinding speed.

"I can see Cynthia is already in action. So then, as for me?"

"This is war Charlievoir. Don't hold back against trainer or pokemon alike. They call themselves rockets right? Let's see if they can't fly. Can you scoop them all up into a psychic energy ball and toss em away?"

Asking her the question he turns to yell to Cynthia who is doing a good job battling some of the rockets' pokemon.

"Cynthia! Once you get the opportunity we need to narrow down how many can get in and out of the Vulpix habitat so I need you to Ice Beam a barrier around it leaving only one opening large enough for Venusaur to fit through!"

Looking around he checks on his other pokemon as well. Venusaur, Wartortle, and Charmeleon, and Haunter all seem to be holding their own.

"Keep up the great work guys!"

Turning back to Charlie he gives her a grin.

"I'm going in. I can't straight fight all their pokemon but I can at least take out a few of the trainers. Without their trainers to tell them what to do the enemy pokemon should ease up or stop altogether. Wish me luck."

At the words "war," Charlie's entire expression transforms, and the normal warmth she emanates vanishes. With an almost frightening suddenness, she turns to face the opponents, and as her eyes flash a blazing red, grunts and Pokemon alike find themselves floating in the air.

"You should not have come here," is all she says, lifting them up about thirty feet. Just as suddenly, she throws her arms back, and several of them go flying. She keeps at this, while Cynthia and the Professors battle elsewhere. It's not clear where the grunts are landing...they seem to vanish as they fall.

"Do not venture here again, if you value your lives," the change in manner is so complete she barely looks like the same Pokemon. The tide of battle is quickly turned.

Cynthia, meanwhile, makes the requested barrier, then takes her stance opposite a Pikachu. Rather than fighting, it just...stands there.

Mouthing a wow as he watches Charlie in action, Kyle doesn't even get to lift a finger as she tosses all of the pokemon belonging to the rocket grunts as well as their trainers away. Once it seems safe to do so he approaches her with a smile on his face.

"Great job Charlie. You alright?"

Turning to check on the others his pokemon are helping the professors corral all the vulpix back into their habitat that is now surrounded by an icy wall. Seeing Cynthia preparing to attack a Pikachu he notices that the creature isn't really doing much other than just standing there.

"You alright Pikachu? Were you one of the Professors' pokemon or were you with the rockets?"

Charlie's look calms, and she turns back, almost as if startled by her own actions.

"Is it over? Al-already?" she glances around a bit wildly, then directs her attention to the Pikachu you're now addressing. "Oh no...Cynthia! It happened again?!"

The Vaporeon looks a bit ashamed, and takes a few steps backward, giving the Pikachu some space. Charlie walks up close and waves her hand. Nothing.

"Poor thing...don't blame yourself -- not like you have any control over it." She turns to you. "Yes, it's a Rocket...but the poor fellow got a taste of Cynthia's...um...ability. I mentioned she was experimented on...they were trying to exploit the powers of time Pokemon like Dialga and Celebi. Sometimes, when battling, if she's very focused, her opponent will just...freeze. I don't know what causes it, but this poor Pikachu isn't going to move no matter what I do...I doubt he even knows what's happened to him."

Cynthia lets out a low murmur.

Oak and Kukui approach, breathing a little hard. "That was over quickly, but what's this, cousin? Looks like someone got left behind?"

"It looks like a funeral here!" says Oak. "Why so glum? What happened?"

"That sucks for him, poor little guy," Kyle replied after Charlie's explanation. "So technically Cynthia is a Vaporebi?" he questioned, trying to lighten the mood.

Turning to Cynthia when she lets out a small noise he reaches down and pets her.

"It's okay Cynthia. It was a war fight and you were just in the heat of the moment."

Turning to Charlie he asked the obvious question.

"Do we know how long this will last? Is it permanent?"

As the professors approached breathing a little heavily he smiled over at the two of them.

"Glad to help cousins," Kyle replied, temporarily adopting Kukui's mannerism.

"Well Professor it turns out that Cynthia was experimented on as well. She has some powers of a Celebi type pokemon from my understanding. So sometimes beyond her control her powers from that part activate and her opponent is basically frozen in time. Don't know yet whether it's permanent or not."

"I guess we could begin calling her that with at least a degree of accuracy, yes," replies Charlie, turning to face the others. "Far as I know, it's not temporary. No pun intended."

"Interesting, but unfortunate," replies Oak. He picks up the frozen Pokemon gingerly and examines it. "I've never encountered this before, but I imagine there must be some way to free him. We'll see what we can do -- from the look on his face, he doesn't seem particularly excited to be fighting for Team Rocket anyway."

It's true. Pikachu's frozen face looks more nervous than aggressive.

"You've done good work, cousin -- you and your Pokemon. Let's get that trade done so you can go take on these villains once and for all, eh?" Kukui looks sorry for the Pikachu, but also eager to help you finish your work.

Cynthia mumbles a bit, evidently still pretty sorry. Charlie walks over to comfort her with a hug, then the two turn back to face you.

"I'm ready, Kyle. Let's get this done and then end the Rocket reign of disaster once and for all."

Nodding to Kukui Kyle turns towards Charlie and Cynthia with a smile. Nodding to Charlie he holds the door to the lab open for both of them to walk inside. Following behind the two of them, he let the two lead the way back to the trade machine that Kukui and Professor Oak were standing by upon their arrival with smiles on their faces.

"Are you certain that you're ready for this cousin?" Kukui questions, giving Kyle and Charlie one last chance to object to the trade.

"I'm sure of it cousin," Kyle replied. "No trainer could be prouder or more excited to have Charlie on their team and I'm ready to make it official. I only hope that Cynthia could one day want to officially be mine as well if there's really no way for Charlie to return to her human form. Someday maybe I'll earn that privilege."

Charlie acknowledges with a slight bow, but says nothing. Instead, you feel a deep sense of understanding, as if the life she's taking on was yours as well. Her emotional connection is stronger, and the silence seems fitting.

"In that case," says Oak, "I'll turn this thing on. Charlie, I imagine this will feel strange for you, but as of today you're a Pokemon through and through, and by acknowledging that you're committing to a bond with your trainer which will guide and sustain you both through many troubles. I expect great things from both of you. Now then, Kyle, please recall your Gardevoir."

Cynthia listens to the whole thing with an air of solemnity, knowing, it seems, what this means for Charlie...and for you.

"I've got Lycanroc ready, cousin. Just place Charlie in her ball and on the machine when you're ready too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back