Opinion So this thing happened... *WARNING might be offensive*

IceDratini910

Straight furry artist and stuff
*WARNING! Might be offensive*

So recently at school, I was washing my hands in the bathroom and I saw two girls kissing. As I was leaving, I heard one of the quiet kids in class mumble something along the lines of “gay people should go through the same *bleep* that black people had to go through.” What do you make of this?

I’d say that person is jealous of how fabulous the lesbians are and that they’re in a healthy relationship and that jerk is not. Can I get an amen?

Pretty odd and ill informed? Gay people have been through a LOT of discrimination. Plenty of countries have (and still do) regularly execute/imprison/punish people if it's discovered that they aren't hetero. Arguably more (statistically/globally) LGBTQ people than people of coloured are persecuted.

And, ultimately, at the end of the day it's just indicative of poor character to try and make persecution into some kind of competition.

That said, who knows what the kid who said it is going through. Could just be lashing out in bitterness and not really mean it, especially if it was just muttered under their breath. Quiet kids are sometimes quiet because they're dealing with really horrendous stuff. No way to really know without talking it through with them. Still ill-informed and ridiculous to say such a thing, but I don't really like passing hard judgment on anyone without actually hearing what they have to say for themselves.

i think the actual problem is how people look at rampant discriminatory acts vs any race, group, whatever within some country or a town or a region and just boil it down to "Oh its JUST their culture!"
wouldn't that be a great attitude to have when slavery was a thing

As a lesbein, fuck em. Most of us really dont give a shit. Me and my SO like to play it up infront of homophobes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back