• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

So I've got this idea... (Closed)

The Octopus Garden

Tea Taster and Cat Connoisseur
The other night I thought of this plot while I was trying to fall asleep. Unlike most of my late-night ideas, this one stuck with me when I woke up the following morning. I've been mulling over it ever since. I think it has interesting potential and could make for an addictive RP with the right person. c:

At the moment, I am interested in
FxF for this idea. MxF is all well and good and MxM is my favorite gender pairing, but I've never done a FxF couple in my RPing career and I'm eager to try something new.

Plus, my RPN characters basically make up the equivalent of a fraternity. I love them all dearly--they're a hoot--but I need a break from the sausage fest.

Without further ado, here is my idea:

Muse A and Muse B are what one might consider to be “kindred spirits” or “soulmates.” Theirs was a storybook romance. They were next-door neighbors who shared an endless wonderland as kids, struggled through the throes of puberty as adolescents, and launched hand-in-hand into adulthood, comforted by the fact that their better half was there to face the real world with them. Hardly a day went by when those two weren’t together. Those who knew them took to referring to them as, “Muse A and Muse B” rather than their individual identities and ran under the assumption that if Muse A or B was there, then the other wasn’t far behind.

Later on in life, Muse A and B get into an accident together that results in Muse A’s hospitalization. When Muse A recovers from their coma, they are relieved to find their beloved is, contrary to their initial scare, perfectly fine. Muse B walked away from the incident without a scratch. Better yet, they have a new lease on life which they embark on with Muse A as soon the latter has recovered. They become thrill seekers. Sky diving; bungee jumping; street racing; there isn’t anything that daunts this pair. They’re ravenous for the natural high and will do anything to obtain it.

The family and friends of Muse A are growing increasingly disturbed by A’s actions. Whenever they bring up their concerns, Muse A merely brushes them off with the insistence that they’re fine. Unknown to Muse A, their statement is far from the truth. Ever since the accident, Muse A has been living a lie which their family—in fear of what the ramifications would have on Muse A’s mental health—have tolerated for so long. However, with Muse A getting more and more reckless by the day, some of those who know A are becoming increasingly convinced they are in need of an intervention before they completely self-destruct. The rest argue that telling the truth will break Muse A beyond repair.

What is the truth? Muse B died in the accident. Their recent role in Muse A's life is merely a figment of A's imagination.

Please read my requirements below before you post.

• Posting: If you're the type of person who expects multiple replies per day/are impatient for replies, I am going to disappoint you as a partner. As of late I've been trying to get at least one reply to my partners on a daily/every other day basis, but that's not a guarantee as I don't always reach that mark. I myself am quite patient. If I like you and the rp we've got going on, chances are I'll wait a good month before I resort to nudging the RP. Afterwards, the conversation/thread is left to stew in RP Limbo until my partner responds. I typically don't delete conversations or leave threads unless a number of months have gone by.
  • IC Expectations: What you would expect from a detailed RP is what I would like. Proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling are all basic requirements. 3rd person past tense if you please. A couple paragraphs that add to the plot and build your character are all I need to have a good time. If you're into writing 10+ paragraphs per reply I'm not the partner for you. At the moment I don't have the time to give an RP like that the attention it would require.
  • Multiple Characters: Muse A and B are the main show, but the world they live in is inhabited with people. Assuming their life isn't a train wreck, they have family and friends who interact with them from time to time. Please don't leave it up to me to fill the roles for all of these characters. On another note, I don't mesh well with people who "can only play a certain gender."
  • OOC Expectations: I am a talkative person who is a lot friendlier and mellower than I probably seem right now, haha. I like to chat with my partner about the rp, our characters, pets, daily happenings, etc. In my opinion, RPs are made immeasurably more enjoyable when a friendship is formed between the players.
  • Cussing?: I cuss IC and I cuss OOC and oh mercy, I can be awful with innuendos in both situations. If you're uncomfortable with that tell me upfront and I will do my best to contain myself.
  • 17+: I generally don't RP romance with people younger than the my age requirement. I don't have a personal vendetta against younger members, I assure you. It's merely a preference.
  • Realistic Character Appearance: Because anime isn't my thing. Appearance description instead of a picture is also acceptable. Whatever floats your boat.
  • And finally, all RPN rules are to be followed accordingly when we RP.

That's all! Leave me a message or PM me if you're interested. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very interested in this idea. I was just wondering where the roleplay would go from your plot synopsis.

Hello! Welcome to RPN. c:

Where the roleplay goes is open for discussion, but I do have a few ideas we could spin off of. I can PM them to you if you'd like.

Hello! I already have a couple partners for this idea so I'm going to close the search, but I appreciate your interest in the idea. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back