• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy So it's come to this, has it? (1x1, Long Term Partners, ignore reply count please)

SmallSailboat

The one they warned you about
Not gonna lie to you, I've had a rough time keeping an RP going for some reason. It starts off great, the my partners suddenly disappear for no reason. I have a few going, but my itch is not being scratched and I've had terrible luck digging through for a long lasting partner, so here's the recruit thread!

Behind the Screen (Me)

-I'm a 20 y/o currently working graveyard shift, so don't expect replies from me in the morning very often (and if they happen know that I am a whole suffering that time).
-I'm super active and rather impatient. I will still do the RP with you, but chances are I will also end up on the hunt for other partners as well if I don't get fast enough replies.
avoids looks from the three RPs I have going right now

-I am not ditch friendly, I'll tell you that now. If you let me know you'll be disappearing for a while, I'll wait however long it takes, just shoot me an update every other week or so to let me know you didn't die in a horrible accident somewhere and I'm good. Disappearing without a trace and I'm calling it done after 2 weeks. If you get back to me after that and want to continue that's fine, I'm not gonna block anybody (you gotta try really really hard for that, and I don't recommend seeing that as a challenge), just keep me posted. I don't care if you can't post up for a while, just hmu OOC and lmk you won't be able to post up. I can wait months for a post, I won't wait for someone who might have forgotten the RP even existed.

- I like to think I'm pretty literate, and I do lengthy posts. It depends on what my partner gives me. I try to do more, but I usually end up syncing into my partner's writing style and length based on what I get.

- OOC is a must, both for reasons stated above and I often get hit with a stroke of inspiration/capriciousness/craving for sudden destruction and chaos/whatever you wanna call it, but won't feel comfortable doing it unless I clear it with you first

-I like to double, triple, quadruple, what have you! I think I have 3 going in a group RP here (I can link if you want a writing sample), and 4 (or 5?) in a 1x1 I have going on rn, but that doesn't mean you have to! Just expect I'm going to be using at least 1 other character if not more (probably).

-My character is Male and is staying that way, so I'm only doing MxF, MxM, or MxNB (Update: My itch is currently being scratched for MxF, so I no longer have a particular craving, so throw whatever at me!)

-OCs only, sorry, I don't do Fandoms! I can geek w you in OOC abt some things but I have never felt comfortable writing it because it feels like I'm writing in someone else's voice (i.e. taking someone's characters, worldbuilding, plot, etc. and putting a spin on it then calling it my own. It feels like stealing for me. I live for good fanfic and respect people who can accurately portray those characters but I'm just not it, fam)

-I roleplay primarily on Discord or Google Docs, email just historically has not worked for me (missing emails, missed text, confusing formatting, etc) so I don't do it, sorry! But I can do PMs here

-I'm chill w Angst/Dark/Mature themes, but I ask it not be constant as it can mess with my depression so if we can work some lightheartedness/fluff/comedy/etc that would be cool. I like RP's that have both preferably but if you have a preference we can discuss it.

Behind the Other Screen (Not Me!)
-18+ please, I don't mind writing a high school romance, but nothing younger than 16. It's weird for me and weird for you, I'm not here for it. I'm willing to bend if a character has a child or something, but don't put them in any romantic situations please. They should stay as a plot device for the MCs.

-I don't expect you to know anything I haven't talked to you about it first! For example, my character's race is from an MMO called FFXIV, but I won't expect you to know anything I haven't told you about his race or their history or whatever unless I have told you IC/OOC, so if I throw a plot twist at you I will include details or expect your character to be surprised or have some sort of reaction learning this new piece of information. If you don't like it, we'll write ourselves out of the hole I dug us into and take a different direction, but I like surprises! We can discuss limits in PMs either here or on Discord if you're interested, but know I'm kinda vanilla so I won't take anything too far.

-I have a specific character I would like to use, and I would like to avoid altering him to fit a story as much as possible, as I've tried doing it before (making him human, making him more shy or outgoing to fit the relationship dynamic, changing his backstory, etc.) but then this craving of mine doesn't go away and it's awful for everyone involved, so if we can avoid it that would be cool.

-I don't care if you're not the best writer, I'm cool as long as I can understand what you're saying. If I have to ask you multiple times what it is you're trying to say, then this probably won't work. However, I spend a lot of time studying other languages and working with ESL people, so I like to think that makes it easier for me to understand people who can't quite English for one reason or another, so semi-literate? I don't know, as long as it's coherent.

-Active, please, see above for details.

-Avoid One Liners at All Costs! I understand if it's short for dialogue but please at least a paragraph. I don't expect you to go over the 2000 character limit Discord has in place (you know, something that I do)
but I can only work with what you give me and if replies are short I'll probably get bored

-Don't make me write this by myself, neither of us will enjoy that I promise you. I may drop a 'what if we did __?" a lot, but that doesn't mean we can't switch from running my ideas to yours. I need two to tango, kids.

-Stick to the rules please, I will have to discontinue otherwise and I don't think either of us wants that, now do we? >:3

-I do want at least a name, age, and appearance description/faceclaim so I have something to start with, but if you're not comfortable w CS's I'm chill, jut let me know first so I don't send you his CS and drive you off

-No furries/scalies or MLP, please. If you're looking for a partner you can talk to literally any of my friends, but I have all the content I can handle in my life rn, I don't need more, sorry. It's really not my thing.

Plot Ideas/Cravings (Bold is the role I'd like to play, craving marked by stars)

Something important to note! While things are listed as pairings, that's only because this is a 1x1 thread (I don't have the talent or patience necessary for group RP, I'm co-GMing one already to help a friend and a few times it has felt like herding cats. I enjoy the RP, but I am not going to make that mistake twice). Relationship dynamics, unless otherwise specified, can be anything! Familial, platonic, romantic, etc. I don't mind! Just mind my rules, please.

-High School/Classmates
-Reunion (were classmates/childhood friends/etc, meet up some years later, getting to know each other all over again)
-Ruler/Noble x Servant/Knight **
-Cop x Criminal
-Muse x Artist **
-Master x Servant **
-Poor x Rich
-Closeted x Open (LGBT)
-Adventurer x Bodyguard **
-Monster Hunters (like bounty hunters for monsters, not the game lol) **
-Photographer x Writer (probably modern!fantasy for this one) ****
-Employee (barista, food employee, retail worker, etc.) x Customer
-Artist x Musician **
-Next Door Neighbors ***
-Monster (not really, but he thinks he is) x Human ****
-Doctor x Doctor
-Detective x Cop
-Journalist x Public Figure
-Chef x Coworker
-Soulmates (This can go a lot of different ways, we can work something out!) **
-First Responders (not experienced so bear with me but I will do my best!) *
-Mafia Member x Normal Person ***
-
College Roommates (an itch that was scratched but now has died and returned with vengeance) ***
-YC trying to get out of an arranged marriage by getting MC drunk and marrying them, antics ensue
-Teachers
-Soldiers (I'm alright with higher rank x lower rank, so long as the age gap isn't too big)
-Teacher x Single Parent
Open to suggestions if you want something else!

I don't know how to do the thing with spoilers because I'm computer dumb so you'll have to PM me if you want his CS, which tbh can change based on the plot we decide on.

Update/Edit: I think some people skip over this part or maybe I just didn't make it clear, idk, but ALL of these plots will have some Fantasy to it. Whether that's high Fantasy, Modern/Urban Fantasy, Futuristic or whatever is up to you, but my character is Fantasy based, and as stated above I want to avoid changing him at all if possible. I marked this post as Fantasy for that reason. If you really want me to make him completely human or change him in a significant way, I hope you have the persuasive ability to sell ice to the Eskimos because it will take some heavy convincing to change my mind.

Comment here with interest or whatever and I'll send you a PM with details where we can discuss terms and such. Happy Hunting kiddos! Hope you have better luck than I do if this isn't to your tastes~

Last edited:
If you mean what you say about not disappearing and wanting some MxF you are my person! Now my only issue is I can't pick which idea I like most haha. PM me if this is still open by chance.

If you mean what you say about not disappearing and wanting some MxF you are my person! Now my only issue is I can't pick which idea I like most haha. PM me if this is still open by chance.
I'm typically dedicated to the rp's I'm in. They last few real ones I've done I posted multiple times a day. I don't really lose interest in things quickly and I have a lot of ideas constantly flowing in my head

I'm typically dedicated to the rp's I'm in. They last few real ones I've done I posted multiple times a day. I don't really lose interest in things quickly and I have a lot of ideas constantly flowing in my head

You and me both bud 😂 Sucks that most I'm in NEVER. RESPOND! I'm not salty. Who's salty?

If you're still interested, I'd be interested in the Master x Servant plot line, Adventurer x Bodyguard, and Monster Hunters. Any or all. XD

Hey, good morning

I am suuuper interested in roleplaying these plots with you:

Monster x Human
Apocalypse Survivors
Noble x Servant

If you're too busy to start another roleplay right now (I see you've gotten a number of replies) I am willing to wait until you are less busy! I am extremely responsive and I try to reply as soon as I can (especially on days when I'm not working).

As a side note, I typically play male characters and prefer MxM pairings but since I nearly always make up a new character for each new roleplay, I don't have any problem switching to a female character if that would better suit our plot idea.

Send me a PM if you're interested in roleplaying with me : D

screeches into the sun aaaaaAAAAAAAA I wasn't expecting this much attention! I should have done this ages ago! I will get to you all ASAP I promise!

So umm if you're still looking/interested I'd love to do the noblexknight, apocalypse survivors, or the mafiaxnormal ones. I love to have a ton of characters and I'm pretty active on here. I'm interested in hearing your ideas and sharing my own so shoot me a pm if you're interested!

I can rp on Discord, I can usually always get out at least one reply a day, and I'm intrigued to hear what you have on the noblexservant/knight plot! I have a princess and queen character, depending on level of fantasy included.

Not gonna lie to you, I've had a rough time keeping an RP going for some reason. It starts off great, the my partners suddenly disappear for no reason. I have a few going, but my itch is not being scratched and I've had terrible luck digging through for a long lasting partner, so here's the recruit thread!

Behind the Screen (Me)

-I'm a 20 y/o currently working graveyard shift, so don't expect replies from me in the morning very often (and if they happen know that I am a whole suffering that time).
-I'm super active and rather impatient. I will still do the RP with you, but chances are I will also end up on the hunt for other partners as well if I don't get fast enough replies.
avoids looks from the three RPs I have going right now

-I am not ditch friendly, I'll tell you that now. If you let me know you'll be disappearing for a while, I'll wait however long it takes, just shoot me an update every other week or so to let me know you didn't die in a horrible accident somewhere and I'm good. Disappearing without a trace and I'm calling it done after 2 weeks. If you get back to me after that and want to continue that's fine, I'm not gonna block anybody (you gotta try really really hard for that, and I don't recommend seeing that as a challenge), just keep me posted. I don't care if you can't post up for a while, just hmu OOC and lmk you won't be able to post up. I can wait months for a post, I won't wait for someone who might have forgotten the RP even existed.

- I like to think I'm pretty literate, and I do lengthy posts. It depends on what my partner gives me. I try to do more, but I usually end up syncing into my partner's writing style and length based on what I get.

- OOC is a must, both for reasons stated above and I often get hit with a stroke of inspiration/capriciousness/craving for sudden destruction and chaos/whatever you wanna call it, but won't feel comfortable doing it unless I clear it with you first

-I like to double, triple, quadruple, what have you! I think I have 3 going in a group RP here (I can link if you want a writing sample), and 4 (or 5?) in a 1x1 I have going on rn, but that doesn't mean you have to! Just expect I'm going to be using at least 1 other character if not more (probably).

-My character is Male and is staying that way, so I'm only doing MxF, MxM, or MxNB (the only one I don't have going is the MxF, which is what I'm craving tbh, but I'm down for whatever).

-OCs only, sorry, I don't do Fandoms! I can geek w you in OOC abt some things but I have never felt comfortable writing it because it feels like I'm writing in someone else's voice (i.e. taking someone's characters, worldbuilding, plot, etc. and putting a spin on it then calling it my own. It feels like stealing for me. I live for good fanfic and respect people who can accurately portray those characters but I'm just not it, fam)
I roleplay primarily on Discord or Google Docs, email just historically has not worked for me (missing emails, missed text, confusing formatting, etc) so I don't do it, sorry! But I can do PMs here
-I'm chill w Angst/Dark/Mature themes, but I ask it not be constant as it can mess with my depression so if we can work some lightheartedness/fluff/comedy/etc that would be cool. I like RP's that have both preferably but if you have a preference we can discuss it.

Behind the Other Screen (Not Me!)
-18+ please, I don't mind writing a high school romance, but nothing younger than 16. It's weird for me and weird for you, I'm not here for it. I'm willing to bend if a character has a child or something, but don't put them in any romantic situations please. They should stay as a plot device for the MCs.

-I don't expect you to know anything I haven't talked to you about it first! For example, my character's race is from an MMO called FFXIV, but I won't expect you to know anything I haven't told you about his race or their history or whatever unless I have told you IC/OOC, so if I throw a plot twist at you I will include details or expect your character to be surprised or have some sort of reaction learning this new piece of information. If you don't like it, we'll write ourselves out of the hole I dug us into and take a different direction, but I like surprises! We can discuss limits in PMs either here or on Discord if you're interested, but know I'm kinda vanilla so I won't take anything too far.

-I have a specific character I would like to use, and I would like to avoid altering him to fit a story as much as possible, as I've tried doing it before (making him human, making him more shy or outgoing to fit the relationship dynamic, changing his backstory, etc.) but then this craving of mine doesn't go away and it's awful for everyone involved, so if we can avoid it that would be cool.

-I don't care if you're not the best writer, I'm cool as long as I can understand what you're saying. If I have to ask you multiple times what it is you're trying to say, then this probably won't work. However, I spend a lot of time studying other languages and working with ESL people, so I like to think that makes it easier for me to understand people who can't quite English for one reason or another, so semi-literate? I don't know, as long as it's coherent.

-Active, please, see above for details.

-Avoid One Liners at All Costs! I understand if it's short for dialogue but please at least a paragraph. I don't expect you to go over the 200 character limit Discord has in place (you know, something that I do)
but I can only work with what you give me and if replies are short I'll probably get bored

-Don't make me write this by myself, neither of us will enjoy that I promise you. I may drop a 'what if we did __?" a lot, but that doesn't mean we can't switch from running my ideas to yours. I need two to tango, kids.

-Stick to the rules please, I will have to discontinue otherwise and I don't think either of us wants that, now do we? >:3

-I do want at least a name, age, and appearance description/faceclaim so I have something to start with, but if you're not comfortable w CS's I'm chill, jut let me know first so I don't send you his CS and drive you off

-No furries/scalies or MLP, please. If you're looking for a partner you can talk to literally any of my friends, but I have all the content I can handle in my life rn, I don't need more, sorry. It's really not my thing.

Plot Ideas/Cravings (Bold is the role I'd like to play, craving marked by stars)

-High School/Classmates
-Reunion (were classmates/childhood friends/etc, meet up some years later, rekindle relationship or start towards something more romantic)
-Ruler/Noble x Servant/Knight ***
-Yandere x Normal **
-Cop x Criminal
-Muse x Artist **
-Master x Servant **
-Poor x Rich
-Closeted x Open (LGBT)
-Adventurer x Bodyguard **
-Monster Hunters (like bounty hunters for monsters, not the game lol) **
-Photographer x Writer (probably modern!fantasy for this one) ****
-Employee (barista, food employee, retail worker, etc.) x Customer
-Artist x Musician **
-Next Door Neighbors
-Monster (not really, but he thinks he is) x Human ***
-Doctor x Doctor
-Detective x Cop
-Journalist x Public Figure
-Apocalypse Survivors **
-Heros
-First Responders (not experienced so bear with me but I will do my best!) *
-Mafia Member x Normal Person *
Open to suggestions if you want something else!

I don't know how to do the thing with spoilers because I'm computer dumb so you'll have to PM me if you want his CS, which tbh can change based on the plot we decide on.
Comment here with interest or whatever and I'll send you a PM with details where we can discuss terms and such. Happy Hunting kiddos! Hope you have better luck than I do if this isn't to your tastes~
Hello! Would you be interested in rping with only ocs and an original plot with lots of fantasy?

Hi! I would absolutely love to start something out with you if you're still interested/have time/life hasn't gotten too crazy since you posted this. I've got a few ideas going based on the plot pairings you've mentioned and would be super interested in fleshing those out if you are :3 Essentially, I was thinking of potentially mixing the journalist x public figure and apocalypse x survivors themes. Or something along those lines! Anyways, let me know if you're interested and if not, absolutely no worries!

p.s. I'm a loser at the moment and have very few life commitments, so do have quite a fair bit of time on my hands to shoot out pretty quick replies (:

Hi! I'd love to do either the ruler/noble x servant/knight or the adventurer x bodyguard plot ^^

Heya! I actually signed up to this site to find some FFXIV partners :) I'd be happy to rp with ya if you'd like! I also finished ShB expansion ^^
>>Caard: La'Viere

I'm a total sucker for these you listed:
-Reunion
-Ruler/Noble x Servant/Knight

-Cop x Criminal
-Master x Servant
-Adventurer x Bodyguard

-Monster Hunters
-Monster
-Detective x Cop
-Apocalypse Survivors
-Heros
-Mafia Member x Normal Person

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA on getting back to interests, I was sorting out which RPs would stick and which wouldn't, and I'm down to a reasonable number again so I'm gonna update up top and interested people can hit me back in my PM's or on here, though I'm more likely to get to you in PM's tbh lol

Hey there, I'm quite interested in what your ideas are for regarding the Cop x Criminal, Apocalypse Survivors, or the Mafia member x Normal Person.

I would absolutely love to write with you, a fluffy, dark edgy love story about either a princess/queen and her knight or a story about an artist and a musician!! (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back