Opinion So, i'm aiming to make an MMO.....

The Explorer

Philippians 4:13
And I had this crazy idea after someone advised me with Great Wisdom. I plan on starting small. Like a 10 minute multiplayer game and eventually work my way up over time and updating it little by little over time until it becomes the MMO I want it to be.

In your valuable opinion, would this take too long to reach the final goal?

Or should I do my back up single player game Idea while I am working on the main project?

Would it be smart to have multiple projects going on at the same time?

A man from jaz creations literally made a mostly perfect and articulate full scale model of the T-800 by hand and some casting tools.

Yandere Dev has spent since around 2014 making a career off a single project still under progressional development, rather than development hell. With retainment of an established fanbase.

Our boys in 4chan and 8chan intelligence services started a campaign when shia anleboufderson did that flag art thing. Trollers, hardcore memers, people bored but had actual academic skills, the negative community [I.E your harassers, internet thugs, shit people, and the relatively alright but some could be extremist politik people,] as well as random locals bandwagoning for testing out things like athletic styling such as parkour, initiated the web war. The great war, a semi-world-war. Traveling across the internet, United States, all the way even to bloody France, neutrals, extremists, and heros alike fought for many months, in some cases years still on strong, to take down that flag. From people literally wrapping around and climbing up the flagpoles, drones, night raids, and even using triangulation and astronomy to locate more hidden ones. Every time they succeeded, an extremist force taking down an extremist defense. To their own shore indeed came the web war. With admirable and relentless determination from both sides. The greatest and longest lasting joke on Earth.

A mostly one man team created the hellish bullet hell project Touhou series.

It took one man to make WW AA guns more practical despite absolutely barely to no experience with them and their systems beforehand.

It takes merely one person, at any time, even in the wrong place, to make all the difference in the world. If you seek it, and you do not give up regardless of any difficulty or natural given weaknesses, with enough determination and time, you can surpass your limits, surpass your problems, even if only temporarily, to achieve your dreams. Do not just let them sulk there as mere dreams. If you can think it, if you can even remotely obtain the key component such as a computer in this case, and you throw those unnecessary time restraints, as well as bypass crunching, it is more than possible. It will become inevitable.

Every project will face support as well as trolls. Every action will have a benefit to a wider audience, while another action could alienate them. Every valid negative comment will also be followed up by a valid positive one or neutrally pragmatic criticism. It will however be a stressful task. If it's known enough, one might even go as far as feel obligated to consistent and rapid updates. Visuals can stretch before you and bugs can nearly break you. It in of itself is one of greatest mental pains of a career or even hobby to achieve. Yet equally or surpassingly, the achievement of success and completing a project will grant a grander boost to compensate the pain. Simple and small, or massive and complex of a project, it merely asks for your dedication to this great crusade. However, it is not about the fame, shouldn't be about the money, nor is it about wether it will even be big enough to even have a dedicated fanbase. It is about the passion put into it. While arguably a considerable percentage would not care, that is what makes as well as breaks someone. A passionate indie developer with a joy to their hobby or even career can easily trump the braindead busybodies of the new age. A smaller passionate team may take forever to update, but the good ones even go as far as fixing everything they can, specifically construct or just use elements like music to fit, and actually bothers to make a full, releasable, and functioning product, which with time can get niche or wider communities involving themselves with it. It could take a year, or it could take over a decade. But great things aren't made by shilling, or to get it done as fast as possible. It gets done by continued support to the end. That is what a consumer or freeware player wants.

Also it's an mmo. Really the biggest challenge you'll face is development time, and the need for a server or two at the least. Or paying off to use someone else's servers. Then after that it's a matter of maintenance, and periodical content expansion. Most Indies, companies, or before-becoming-companies that do this usually started smaller, expanded their resources, and got a cult following through other titles prior. But my whole motivational above still applies. Also everything takes time, even a rushed product as mentioned before. So regardless of how others view the time-feasability, if you really want to do it you have to go in with a timespan disregarding mindset.

A man from jaz creations literally made a mostly perfect and articulate full scale model of the T-800 by hand and some casting tools.

Yandere Dev has spent since around 2014 making a career off a single project still under progressional development, rather than development hell. With retainment of an established fanbase.

Our boys in 4chan and 8chan intelligence services started a campaign when shia anleboufderson did that flag art thing. Trollers, hardcore memers, people bored but had actual academic skills, the negative community [I.E your harassers, internet thugs, shit people, and the relatively alright but some could be extremist politik people,] as well as random locals bandwagoning for testing out things like athletic styling such as parkour, initiated the web war. The great war, a semi-world-war. Traveling across the internet, United States, all the way even to bloody France, neutrals, extremists, and heros alike fought for many months, in some cases years still on strong, to take down that flag. From people literally wrapping around and climbing up the flagpoles, drones, night raids, and even using triangulation and astronomy to locate more hidden ones. Every time they succeeded, an extremist force taking down an extremist defense. To their own shore indeed came the web war. With admirable and relentless determination from both sides. The greatest and longest lasting joke on Earth.

A mostly one man team created the hellish bullet hell project Touhou series.

It took one man to make WW AA guns more practical despite absolutely barely to no experience with them and their systems beforehand.

It takes merely one person, at any time, even in the wrong place, to make all the difference in the world. If you seek it, and you do not give up regardless of any difficulty or natural given weaknesses, with enough determination and time, you can surpass your limits, surpass your problems, even if only temporarily, to achieve your dreams. Do not just let them sulk there as mere dreams. If you can think it, if you can even remotely obtain the key component such as a computer in this case, and you throw those unnecessary time restraints, as well as bypass crunching, it is more than possible. It will become inevitable.

Every project will face support as well as trolls. Every action will have a benefit to a wider audience, while another action could alienate them. Every valid negative comment will also be followed up by a valid positive one or neutrally pragmatic criticism. It will however be a stressful task. If it's known enough, one might even go as far as feel obligated to consistent and rapid updates. Visuals can stretch before you and bugs can nearly break you. It in of itself is one of greatest mental pains of a career or even hobby to achieve. Yet equally or surpassingly, the achievement of success and completing a project will grant a grander boost to compensate the pain. Simple and small, or massive and complex of a project, it merely asks for your dedication to this great crusade. However, it is not about the fame, shouldn't be about the money, nor is it about wether it will even be big enough to even have a dedicated fanbase. It is about the passion put into it. While arguably a considerable percentage would not care, that is what makes as well as breaks someone. A passionate indie developer with a joy to their hobby or even career can easily trump the braindead busybodies of the new age. A smaller passionate team may take forever to update, but the good ones even go as far as fixing everything they can, specifically construct or just use elements like music to fit, and actually bothers to make a full, releasable, and functioning product, which with time can get niche or wider communities involving themselves with it. It could take a year, or it could take over a decade. But great things aren't made by shilling, or to get it done as fast as possible. It gets done by continued support to the end. That is what a consumer or freeware player wants.

Also it's an mmo. Really the biggest challenge you'll face is development time, and the need for a server or two at the least. Or paying off to use someone else's servers. Then after that it's a matter of maintenance, and periodical content expansion. Most Indies, companies, or before-becoming-companies that do this usually started smaller, expanded their resources, and got a cult following through other titles prior. But my whole motivational above still applies. Also everything takes time, even a rushed product as mentioned before. So regardless of how others view the time-feasability, if you really want to do it you have to go in with a timespan disregarding mindset.

As I read your entire reply, I noticed something.

I shouldn't be held back by anything.

I'll do it, i'll put the time and effort in, and make an MMO.

Also, I will create everything I've ever wanted to make, and I'll become the World's Greatest Creator, instead of just the World's Greatest Writer. I will make music, art, and everything humanly possible that can be created by human hands.

Now all that is left is to begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back