Food [deleted]

Wonder what happens if you'd eat a vegan....*consults cookbook*

775068.jpg
Um...
you get a jail sentence for murder and cultural disdain for you for murder and cannibalism?

Sigh. I cannot speak for all vegans (I myself am one) since, you know, we're all different individuals and have different expectations of our lifestyle, but I can say that for myself that "end goal" your friend mentions is not true. Setting the animals out into the wild is a bad idea because they cannot fend for themselves. Sending them to a sanctuary, however, is different.

Now, obviously, all of the sanctuaries in the world cannot come together to house the approximately 8 billion land animals we kill yearly for food (in the US) but it's an option for a small portion of those animals. The rest? It literally pains me to say but they'd have to be eaten. Even if they were taken in by kind land owners or whatever, there are still way too many domesticated farmed animals to house since we breed them like crazy.

So, no, as a vegan I would argue with your friend and say s/he is an idiot for letting all those animals loose. YES, we want the animal abuse to stop and for the factories to eventually go away - which, mind you, would clean up the environment significantly and make room for more crop production which would feed millions of more people than the amount of meat produced does - but letting the animals loose as they are and with the quantity they come in, is ridiculous and detrimental.

The goal of a vegan, while not necessarily the "end goal," is to minimize our 'cruelty footprint.' This extends towards all living creatures, not just non-humans.

EDIT: I cannot resist. hadal hadal : The only reason shearing the sheep (which is done so autonomously by factory workers that they shear skin off along with it, by the way) is a necessity is because we made it that way by breeding them specifically to grow bigger, larger coats than what they can naturally handle. Had we never done that, a sheep's wool coat would hardly be longer than a short-haired cat's. Still, you are correct in that it is a necessity; though that necessity is entirely the fault of humans trying to play God. As for the Holocaust comment: The Holocaust killed approximately 6 million humans total. 8 billion land animals (not even accounting for marine animals) in the US die each year.

Not intending to start an argument so please do not take it as such. Simply trying to throw out some facts, get the raging vegan out of my system, and carry on with my day.

Last edited:
Don't rush when judging vegans. Basically we're all vegans...second-hand vegans: cow eats grass, we eat cow

Honestly i dislike vegans all the way, humans are meant to conquer and subjugate anything that we Can. If we don’t kill the animals, the animals will kill us PERIOD!! Have you even been attacked by a boar or a wolf or even a bear?!?! This is nature and nature does not give second chances . Shearing sheep is a mutual relationship where the sheep aren’t dying or are in pain from the shearing. Humans get the wool to sell for in return to feed sheep. Cows and milking.. humans need milk in order for us to get strong bones but for cows hey are in fact in pain if you do not milk them for long periods at a time. It’s just like women who breastfed babies are wening off of babies . Their breasts swell and hurts the breasts.

Shearing sheep is a mutual relationship where the sheep aren’t dying or are in pain from the shearing. Humans get the wool to sell for in return to feed sheep. Cows and milking.. humans need milk in order for us to get strong bones but for cows hey are in fact in pain if you do not milk them for long periods at a time. It’s just like women who breastfed babies are wening off of babies . Their breasts swell and hurts the breasts.
This is somewhat true.
Honestly i dislike vegans all the way, humans are meant to conquer and subjugate anything that we Can. If we don’t kill the animals, the animals will kill us PERIOD!! Have you even been attacked by a boar or a wolf or even a bear?!?! This is nature and nature does not give second chances .
This is...
k

This is somewhat true.

This is...
k

All carnivores are aggressive bro and humans are only a source of meat to them in the wild. The humans create a mutual relationship and bond with sheep and milk cows. It is a good thing for some to have domestic animals

No because then they are eaten by rats
Who are eaten in some cultures

Well, you've really got a point there. Maybe there indeed is no cheating in being a vegan...
(After this I'm wondering whether I can go on considering myself a vegan or not? I do not eat any animal products (honey, milk, ...), but need to admit that I do wear woollen clothing)

EDIT: I cannot resist. hadal hadal : The only reason shearing the sheep (which is done so autonomously by factory workers that they shear skin off along with it, by the way) is a necessity is because we made it that way by breeding them specifically to grow bigger, larger coats than what they can naturally handle. Had we never done that, a sheep's wool coat would hardly be longer than a short-haired cat's. Still, you are correct in that it is a necessity; though that necessity is entirely the fault of humans trying to play God. As for the Holocaust comment: The Holocaust killed approximately 6 million humans total. 8 billion land animals (not even accounting for marine animals) in the US die each year.

Not intending to start an argument so please do not take it as such. Simply trying to throw out some facts, get the raging vegan out of my system, and carry on with my day.

Oh, for god's sake, every crop and animal that we have today is either selectively bred to feed us. Broccoli, modern maize and a host of other vegetables and fruits I can't even begin to list down or otherwise it would break this server. Selective breeding has been done since prehestoric times and you wanna know why? Because humans wanted big, juicy vegetables and big, juicy animals for their populations to efficiently survive better.

You are arguing against a practice that has been going on since prehistoric times.

Oh, and another example of Godwin's law anyone. I mean, seriously? You wanna compare the Holocaust to daily regular animal slaughter? That's a non-sequitur argument if I ever heard one.

What's next? Gas chambers being compared to chicken houses? Farmers being compared to death squads? Slaughterhouses compared to Auschwitz?

I’m just wondering why do vegans think they are somewhat superior than others just because of limiting their life choices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back