Food [deleted]

I'm sharing my perspective, and simply stating observations. I didn't say that they weren't, I just said that the easiest way to get the supplements in meat is to eat meat. If that's not true, my life is a lie.

But they are yucky :angryfrown:

Hahahahaha xD okay you don't have to eat them but before I go I'll just drop this here:
beyondburger_package.jpg

Don't discriminate. That's... um... allergicist.

I'll make an exception for staff members >_>

Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity

It really comes down to a vegetaian/vegan knowing what they need to eat to get those nutrients. But it's listed as most do face issues for things like iron deficiency (especially for women) as well as vitamin B12, and calcium. *. A vegetarian article does go over the options of what could work to cover those needs. From my understanding though, vegans end up having to deal with quite more regarding taking supplements to make up for their dietary needs.

As far as humans needing or not needing to eat meat, the human diet massively changed once we could cook meat. There are some interesting documentaries about it. National Geographic's Evolution of Diet suggests meat was "crucial to the evolution of our ancestors' larger brains." That paragraph alone was fairly interesting. We've basically evolved due to that diet.

If you like long sciencey-articles; X3 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4163920/

Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity

It really comes down to a vegetaian/vegan knowing what they need to eat to get those nutrients. But it's listed as most do face issues for things like iron deficiency (especially for women) as well as vitamin B12, and calcium. *. A vegetarian article does go over the options of what could work to cover those needs. From my understanding though, vegans end up having to deal with quite more regarding taking supplements to make up for their dietary needs.

As far as humans needing or not needing to eat meat, the human diet massively changed once we could cook meat. There are some interesting documentaries about it. National Geographic's Evolution of Diet suggests meat was "crucial to the evolution of our ancestors' larger brains." That paragraph alone was fairly interesting. We've basically evolved due to that diet.

If you like long sciencey-articles; X3 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4163920/
Are you saying we're winning because meat?
Woo!
Team meat!

Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity

Of course I'm not stating that vegetarians don't have a more difficult time, but I was more addressing the outright claim that vegetarians DON'T get enough protein or iron in their diet and HAVE to take supplements. Which simply isn't true, specifically for vegetarians. As I said before I don't know about vegans, and I've never done research on their diet as it seems to be a lot more complex to the point of ludicrous.

Of course I'm not stating that vegetarians don't have a more difficult time, but I was more addressing the outright claim that vegetarians DON'T get enough protein or iron in their diet and HAVE to take supplements. Which simply isn't true, specifically for vegetarians. As I said before I don't know about vegans, and I've never done research on their diet as it seems to be a lot more complex to the point of ludicrous.
I don't think... I ever said that.
I was stating that they had a more difficult time with it, and many vegans do have to take supplements (Not all of course).
I think we're...
In agreement!?
Wow, I was not expecting that.
It's a miracle!

I don't think... I ever said that.
I was stating that they had a more difficult time with it, and many vegans do have to take supplements (Not all of course).
I think we're...
In agreement!?
Wow, I was not expecting that.
It's a miracle!
I said we agreed you numbskull~! lol plz don't take offense to that comment... I don't want to incur another warning ;_;

Back to my reply on this :p
Oh lawd, the vegan diet is actually pretty rough. I had some metabolic issues and so we tried going straight vegan. Let me just say my body was literally starving. Did everything right, ate the right foods, the correct portions, etc. But I was just hangry all the time. It wasn't even that big of a switch from my normal diet. I love me some fruit and veggies and such. It was rough and I went back to what I had been eating before. Going vegan wasn't nearly as hard as cold turkey on caffeine after surgery.

Vegans don't eat things like dairy (no cheese, yogurt, butter, coffee cream, creams in general, etc.) and animal (I original wrote that as anime, NO ANIME FOR VEGANS) products of any kind (fish, eggs, fish eggs, gelatin, honey, etc). It's all plant and fruit based. There are "vegan" versions of these things, like vegan cheese. It can even go as far as vegans not eating cakes/breads and such because the ingredients have things like eggs and diary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back