• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings So I have some ideas (Adventures / Settings within. Plot collaboration. Discord available!)

Foomy

Greetings potential new friends!

I have had a few ideas flowing through my brain for the better part of a decade now.

Before I get into that though, a few things to pass along

- I work 10 hour nights in a warehouse and often only have a bit of time to do any sort of creative exercise. This may cause my responses to come a bit slower than people would like as I will not always have free and open access to the forum and I apologize if that turns you away right there. I am always connected to Discord via my phone though, and can usually spare a few moments to chat, so let me know if you'd like to connect there!

- I only do original RP and don't touch Fandom, primarily because within fandoms I feel restricted. This being said, in the past I've been told that my own settings I propose cause people to feel intimidated or restricted in what they can do. If anything that I propose interests you but you feel intimidated or restricted, please shoot me a message and we can discuss it. I view this all as an opportunity to practice my writing as well as collaborate with cool people.

- Please, no god mode. Obviously this kind of goes without saying in regard to actually RPing, but I also mean it in another sense. I enjoy witnessing the journey of a character's growth in strength and/or personality. While I tend to try and create stories in which characters will have fantastic powers and abilities, I love seeing them train those abilities from the ground up. If the character you are proposing is straight up, from the get-go, a god or god-level character then there is a good chance it just won't fit with what I have in mind.

- Finally: While I only really do original RP, I tend to draw a lot of inspiration from Anime, Manga, and Japanese Light novels. I will freely list in each setting / idea that I post where my influences for the idea came from. If it catches your interest, talk to me!

With all of that out of the way, lets get to the ideas!

Oh! One last quick note: I am condensing these setting ideas as much as I feel I can, but please don't be afraid to ask questions about them and don't think that what I have written here is 100% set in stone. Collaboration is the name of the game and if you have thoughts that may improve upon what I'm laying as a ground work, feel free to make suggestions if you are interested!

Galactic Call (This is the longest idea I have)
Influences for this setting: Sword Art Online, Log Horizon, Star Wars, Outlaw Star, Phantasy Star Online, Tenchi Muyo

Premise: Galactic Call is a Deep Dive Virtual Reality MMORPG. In the game, players take on the role of a 'Free Agent', either allying themselves with one of three factions or choosing to remain neutral and act as a mercenary going between them. One day though the players are caught in an unusual surge through the server that prevents them from logging out and things are starting to feel much more real.

Setting: Galactic Call's setting takes place within a recently discovered region of space called Pollar Bria. The sector is huge, with numerous planets available for traversal and the game's factions allowing for different flavors of things for the players to engage in.

Unitam Imperiis: (Concept: Space-faring Sword and Sorcery / High Fantasy Inspired) Headed by the War-Queen Hamon Ianra, the Unitam Imperiis is an ever expanding empire that ultimately answers to The Emperor of Gold. Having conquered and assimilated all planetary systems under his power, the Emperor sets his sights next on Pollar Bria, sending forth a forward fleet. Powerful knights and mages make up their ground forces and great magic drawn from the galactic aether acts as their power source.
Races Associated - Human, Velsair, Mak

Proioxis Federation: (Concept: Highly advanced faction based on Science and Technology) Led by the industrious and ambitious humans of the recently war torn Lyrae Pavo sector of space, the Proioxis Federation has produced astonishing scientific and technological marvels. Unfortunately the greed of their unified council caused Lyrae Pavo to descend into destruction, forcing the inhabitants to flee. United once again for the cause of the survival, entire planetary civilizations now journey to Pollar Bria to begin a new life, with their forward military fleet being the first to arrive to establish their base of operations now under the command of a powerful artificial intelligence.
Races Associated - Human, TARI-MP, Soli

Goh'Roh Guardians: (Concept: Naturalist faction with powerful spiritual warriors and shamans) Among the many planets within Pollar Bria exists planet Vitae. Vitae herself is an extraordinarily powerful spirit of life, housed within the world that shares her name. Her only wish is to spread life galaxy and so this purpose she has guided the evolutionary path of many of the creatures upon her world. With the use of sentient ships crafted from the mighty trees grown on her surface, her children have ventured forth to do their mother's will. With weapons and armor crafted of natural materials and empowered by the cosmic spirits allied with Vitae, the children of Vitae are deceptively powerful.
Races Associated - Human, Fauloran, Vodaki

Player Species: Galactic Call has 8 separate species that players can select, as well as a handful of additional alien species to be found amongst the galaxy. Here we will focus on the 8 Playable species.

Human: The most affluent and prolific of the space-faring creatures throughout the Galaxy, Humans can be found in just about every bastion of civilization in existence. Their prominence is far more pronounced in some regions than in others and their cultures are extremely varied dependent on their habitat.

Velsair: Fair and beautiful, the Velsair are a matriarchal species. On average they are shorter than humans and often quite nimble on their feet. Their talents with magic are never to be underestimated and their keen eyes and sensitive ears make them naturally gifted hunters. Physically they resemble the elves found in many ancient human folklore.

Mak: Bestial and wild, the Mak are nearly as influential within the Unitam Imperiis as the Velsair. While humanoid in appearance, their natural appearances can vary quite wildly dependant on their mood. While peaceful they more closely resemble humans, though if their passions are roused they often take on more feral traits. Physically they are enormously powerful and while they are not entirely unskilled with magic, it is often not a Mak's first choice to delve into academia.

TARI-MP: After the creation of the Proioxis Federation's central command intelligence, TARI-01, it was determined that TARI-01 itself was incapable of likening itself to the humans under its care. In an effort to more closely associate with the humans, the AI mass produced itself, creating a line of androids with synthetically organic components and allowing each extension of itself to generate its own will. Thus the TARI-MP were created. Physically powerful and quick to master simple skills, the mass produced androids were quick take on numerous roles within the Federation. While they excel at physical combat, the nature of the TARI-MP's synthetic cyberbrain prevents the androids from psionic capabilities. Still, the modular nature of their bodies allows for a suite of optional equipment to expand on their already impressive capabilities.

Soli: Diminuative and strange compared to their human allies, the Soli are a unique race of psionics with an unusual trait. Compared to most species, the Soli are entirely unable to perceive the world as all other races do as they rely almost entirely on their psionic capabilities for their perceptory and social senses. As only psionic humans were capable of communicating with them, the Soli went through the pains of creating what is called a 'perception mask' that translates their mental capabilities into senses more aligned with their allies. Because of their powerful telekinetic abilities, the Soli are a physically weak race. Their bodies are short and slender, with large hands, feet, and heads. Their natural faces in social areas are always hidden behind the masks that allow them to communicate normally with all other species.

Fauloran: The first children of Vitae, the Fauloran are a plant-like species created to tend to Vitae's forests and help to spread her seeds across the galaxy. Physically similar to the Velsair, the Fauloran are a fair and slender species. While very physically capable, the Fauloran's were quick to learn how to communicate with Vitae's spiritual allies and are truly formidable when acting as shamans, capable of channeling the power of the galactic spirits to utilise powerful magics.

Vodaki: The second children of Vitae were the guardians created to protect the vast waterways flowing across Vitae's surface. The Vodaki are thick-skinned and powerfully muscled amphibians that bear the regal spirit of warriors. While far more physically dominating than their Fauloran friends, the Vodaki are not averse to learning to commune with the spirits as well.

Dorsha: Introduced with Galactic Call's only expansion so far, the Dorsha are a species anaffiliated with any of the existing factions. Borne of the dark fringe of the Pollar Bria sector, the Dorsha are masters of stealth and dark magics. Registering on average just slightly shorter than humans, their bodies are lean muscled and slender, with pallid skin tones and often light hair. Their large heads are wide, with mostly flat facial features, sharp teeth and large ears.

An Apprentice Guide to Magic
Influences: The Dresden Files, The Iron Druid Chronicles, Harry Potter

Premise: Teenagers discover the existence of magic and the nature of the many realms of our universe.

Setting Details: My primary desire when I thought up this idea was to create an Urban Fantasy story that took place in my home state of Wisconsin, specifically the Green Bay area. For the purposes of RP though, this location can obviously be changed.

The concept of magic in this world and one's capability for being able to use it are a little different from normal, but the quick rundown works like this:

Power, by nature of the formation of the universe, exists. It freely flows throughout the universe much like the force from Star Wars. This power can be channeled for magic among the sentient creatures of the universe, but first they have a couple of obstacles that block their path. The greatest of which is their own world.

To use Earth as an example: 'Magic' on earth, does not technically exist. The reason for this is because Earth itself does not wish it to be so. Each world has a will, and the laws of physics and nature respond to the rules the world's will dictates. Earth's will dictates that magic does not exist. While this will acts as an influence amongst the populace living upon Earth, it is not an unbreakable binding. Should a person truly believe magic exists within the universe, the first binding is broken. Accessing that power then becomes a matter of exercising metaphysical muscles that each creature has lying dormant.

Magic respond's to the caster's will and belief. Technically the words aren't necessary, but if they help the caster to reinforce the image of their magic and cement it into their mind then the words can certainly help.

Finally, multiple worlds exist within this setting. Think of it as three separate layers though. The top layer we'll call the celestial layer, home of the gods and divinely powerful, while the bottom layer is the nether and the various realms of hell or what not. Within the middle are the various realms of the mortals. While travel of a more lateral nature, the type of travel between worlds of the same layer, is easy should you know the way to do it, transferring between layers is all but impossible no matter how powerful the mage/god/demon. The level of power required to achieve a transfer between layers would destroy both the source world and the intended destination. This is why demons and gods often have to act through proxies to influence the mortal worlds as they see fit.

Unnamed Cyberpunk Super-Hero Setting
Influence: A Certain Scientific Railgun, RWBY, The Asterisk War, Irregular at the Magic Highschool

Premise: It has been nearly a century since humanity emerged from 400 years of exile within their vast underground cities following their victory against aliens seeking to terraform the planet. The fallout of that war is still playing out in a world vastly changed as a result of those events.

Setting Details: While I list Irregular at the Magic Highschool as an influence, it's more in regard to the environment posed by that title than anything else. My idea for this story involves humanity reasserting itself and recreating the cities they lost after a quick and brutal war ravaged the planet. In the 400 years since the end of the war the world itself has been changed. While the catastrophic weather patterns have stabilized and calmed, the world is nothing like it was before that time passed, bringing about a new era of discovery. Surviving creatures caught on the surface during that tumultuous time have been changed in wild ways and even the remains of humanity that survived in their underground cities have been changed.

Re-emergence into the new atmosphere caused the manifestation of psychic abilities in many, which three types of people now primarily existing: Evokers, Psions, and Naturals.

Evokers can manifest their psychic power in a physical fashion. Think telekinesis or various other psychic abilities that affect the physical world.

Psions are the telepaths, capable of illusion, mind control, and various powers centered on the mind and perception.

Naturals are those that did not manifest any psychic powers, but they still play a vital role within the power structure.

I imagine this working a little bit like rock paper scissors: Evokers trump Naturals, Psions have an advantage over Evokers, while Naturals can stand up to Psions.

Here's my reasoning: Evokers hold an advantage over Naturals because naturals have no real power. They have firearms and various weapons, but an evoker might be able to just freeze them in place, put up a barrier, or something of a similar fashion.

However to manifest a mental power like that creates a pathway, whether the psychic likes it or not. Psions utilize this pathway to work their magic. Because their powers lack a physical component, it requires less energy for them to utilize it, allowing the psions a greater range of effect with their powers, and that mental pathway feeds directly into the Evoker's mind, allowing Psions to hold great sway over an Evoker.

A natural on the other hand does not have a mental power, thus those psychic pathways were never created. If a Psion can't use their power to affect a target, they're just another human.

So these are my 3 big ideas. These are each settings that I have personal stories for that I am working toward publishing myself, however the development and exploration of these settings can be so much greater than that I've merely thought up myself and I think it would be great fun to play around with them with another mind to help me expand on it.

Let me know what you guys think! I have a Discord if anyone wants to chat there, but otherwise shoot me a message here or in PM!

Thanks for taking the time to look!

I also have a handful of character bios that I can post I am capable of being flexible with if people would prefer to start up a story based on character interactions!

I'd be really interested in both "An Apprentice Guide to Magic" and "Cyberpunk Superhero Setting" with the first having me hooked in the most.

Cool! Do you have a preferred platform for doing RP? Prefer the forum or prefer discord? I'm not quite up to the 10 posts needed to PM.

Oh the unamed cyber punk plot sounds super neat.

StarryKnights StarryKnights
Hey! I'm glad you like the idea! It's mostly inspired by a big mishmash of cyberpunk things but I can never escape the idea of having supernatural elements involved as well, thus the psychic powers XD There are a few more details about that setting to share that I didn't include in the original description because I was trying to save space, but if ya'd like to chat about it we can do so in PM!

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
Thanks for the compliments! If you were to choose one to RP which would it be? A couple of players have messaged me, one for each of those stories. Perhaps we could do a small 3 person group? If 1x1 is more your style that's completely fine with me. :3

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
Thanks for the compliments! If you were to choose one to RP which would it be? A couple of players have messaged me, one for each of those stories. Perhaps we could do a small 3 person group? If 1x1 is more your style that's completely fine with me. :3
I'd say I'm drawn more to the first, and I don't mind doing a 3-person RP.

Cool! I'm still working things out with that other player, but I'll shoot you a PM after I get some sleep and we can try to figure some stuff out. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back