• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

PauciloquentPumpkin

Pumpkin Patch
Hmm. I suppose I'll start with, hello. How are you? You're looking mighty fine today. OK, now that pleasantries are out of the way, let's get down to brass tacks. Why? Because they're pointy, and I make lots of points. Good points? That's to be determined.

Let's start with a little about me. I suppose I should put some fancy headline thingy here to differentiate the about me section from the introductory section.

About Me
There, now I can start the about me section properly. Most people call me Pumpkin, but I also like Pauci. It sounds nice. I'm nearly 30 years old, so, from my experience, a bit above the average age here. I don't mind roleplaying with younger people, but I find interests and such can vary, as well as things like writing ability, but, your age doesn't matter much to me. It's not like we're dating. :P And female, if that matters for anything, though I'll play either gender. I'm LGBTQ+ friendly, but, honestly, genders beyond male and female confuse me, so I tend to stay away from that, not that I'm unwilling to try, I'm just not that smart.

I hesitate to call myself an advanced lit roleplayer, but, I think, relatively speaking, compared to the average user here, I'm fairly advanced. Though I have nothing on the better writers I've seen on this site. I find I often lack the vocabulary for that, but I feel like I use the words I know effectively. I find I average anywhere from a couple of paragraphs to a half-dozen or so. Though never less than one, and I have reached fairly lengthy posts, in the thousands of characters, though it's generally for things like introductory posts, or describing new scenes. If you'd like a writing sample, just ask. I'll write one on the spot so you can get an idea of my writing style.

I love world building. It's probably my favorite aspect of roleplaying. I'm a patient person that likes to take their time plotting and building the world before actually posting. It's probably best if you're not impatient as well. I'm starting a new job soon. Going to be a trucker! I'm excited, but I'm also unsure as to what my posting schedule will look like. This is where the patience bit comes in handy. I'd like to do at least once a day, but it could be as infrequent as every other week. It depends on how easy it is to type detailed posts on my phone, I suppose, or if I'll wait until I get back home so I can use my computer. So, probably best if you're OK with an erratic schedule. One thing you can be certain of is that I absolutely will not abandon the roleplay without saying something first. I am dedicated and loyal.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm an open book, and I'd like to think I'm rather easy to talk to. :)

I suppose we could go over rules, which is boring, or over roleplay preferences, which is fun. Hmm. I suppose let's save the best for last.

Rules
  • Have decent spelling and grammar. You can use my own writing as an example. Don't be afraid of those commas! :)
  • Please write no less than a paragraph. 4-6 sentences minimum. And that should not be a very frequent thing. Even with back and forth dialogue, there is more that you can write besides what they say.​
  • Please let me know if you're going to ditch the roleplay. I won't be upset, offended, or think any less of you for it. I've ditched before. Sometimes, things just end up not being as interesting as you thought they'd be.​
  • I only roleplay in threads. I like seeing my post counter go up. :) Though discussions, chatting, plot development, world building, etc. will be done via pm.​
  • Writing will be done in third-person, past tense. Though, I'll admit, I mix my tenses up sometimes. D: I work hard to make sure everything's good though.​
  • Be willing to contribute to developing plots.​
  • I don't use face claims. I would prefer if you don't either, but it's not a deal breaker.​
Now we can get to the good stuff!

Roleplay Preferences
I prefer playing MxF, FxF, MxM, in that order.

Unless specified otherwise, character pairings, settings, and plot ideas can have characters of either gender played by either of us. I'm fairly flexible.
I'm also open to suggestions.

I like romance in my roleplays, though, unless specifically stated, it's not required.

All settings, even ones based on the real world, will be made up. I'm geographically and directionally challenged. So trying to be accurate with anything real-world is stressful to me.

Anything with a strike-through is taken. I'm leaving it up in case it becomes available again.

• Your character: Male genius scientist. My character: Female eccentric artist. This would likely work best in some form of school setting, where we play teachers, or some sort of faculty members, though I'm open to ideas as well. This will be slice-of-life, and can be fantasy, steampunk, or realistic. This will be a romance style roleplay, but more of a slow-burn. Both characters are meant to be difficult for others to understand, but somehow still get along, appreciating each others' talents.
  • Two disabled students in a high school for disabled kids. This will be modern times.
  • A small group of bandits. This can be sci-fi, steampunk or fantasy. This can be sorta slice-of-life, as much as bandit life can be, or there can be grander plots.
  • Two criminals. Most likely thieves, but I'm open to other ideas as well. This will be modern times.
  • Superhero duo. This is an idea inspired somewhat by shows like One Punch Man and My Hero Academia. It would be modern-ish times. The world works along the lines of the shows, where heroes are extremely prominent. Unlike the shows though, strength, power and skill don't mean much. What matters is popularity. Don't ask, it's just the way the world works. The most popular heroes are ranked the highest, and get the most difficult jobs. This means that the best hero for the job doesn't always get matched with the task at hand. Our duo is extremely popular, but we often lack the talents needed to do well, which doesn't really matter in the end. So we'll have flashy powers, and/or charismatic personalities, but we won't be particularly super powerful or destructive.
  • Superhero duo. Though this is less comedy based than the previous one. This would be modern-ish times. Our superheroes are front line fighters in a war. Most likely on the same side, though if we can work out a way for them to end up working together from opposite sides, that could be interesting too.
  • A court wizard and a hired mercenary. This would be fantasy or steampunk.
  • My character: A female traveling merchant. Your character: A female hired bodyguard. This would be fantasy, steampunk or sci-fi.
  • Person and automaton. This could be fantasy, steampunk, sci-fi, or modern times.
  • Two regular people. This would be a romance, in the slow-burn category. It would be modern times, and a work setting of some sort. Like a boring cubicle office space. The two people would be part of different departments, or maybe the same, if they don't have constant exposure to each other. They would be of differing office cliques. They also start out disliking each other, though the only reason is because they don't know each other, and only know what they hear from their cliques, which tends to be negative.
  • Male Detective and female criminal. For some reason I'm picturing an Old London setting, with cobblestone roads and horse-drawn carriages. The detective takes their job seriously, but isn't afraid to bend or break the rules. They'll beat up people to get the information they need, but they are a good cop, not a crooked one. The criminal is a high moral one. Likely a thief, but a murderer could also work. This would be a romance/slice-of-life.
  • Careful, sensible and intelligent male and an athletic, wildcard female during the zombie apocalypse. The apocalypse has been going on for a long time, generations. It's just a way of life now. We are a duo, and both have a crush on the other, though, when we start, neither has made that clear yet. We are already good friends. This will be a slice-of-life in a post-apocalyptic modern setting. Cell phones don't work. Guns aren't super common, though most people still have one with limited ammunition. Most use some form of melee weapons or bow/crossbow. Much of the land is just wastelands, with small cities and towns few and far in-between.
  • We are two scavengers/thieves/criminals in a dystopian city in the future. Many people have augmented bodies. Robotic limbs or cybernetic parts. This is done not out of necessity, like a lost limb, but for various reasons, like helping with work, aesthetics, to assist in some way, or just because they want to. This is a sci-fi setting, but I have no real idea of a plot.
  • Two members of a Wiccan Circle. I'm not super knowledgeable on Wicca, but read a few fiction novels with it as the setting, and it interests me. It would be modern-ish times, but I have no real idea of a plot. It could just be slice-of-life if nothing else.
  • Superhero villains. We will play the role of villains. It will be slice-of-life. No grand plot or anything like that.
This is not an exhaustive list, and I am also open to suggestions and ideas. I'm not opposed to fandoms, but we will have to play OCs. I am especially interested in fantasy, modern times, sci-fi, steampunk, and especially romance. I also like genres such as mystery and detective styles, horror, dystopian or utopian, and some of these characters and plots could also end up being some of these as well. I don't do anthropomorphic roleplays, such as playing as an animal. Though I'm not opposed to playing as humanoids with anthropomorphic features. Such as various fantasy or sci-fi races. I'm also not against shape-shifters that change between animals and human. I also won't do any historical roleplays where accuracy to the details is extremely important. As I've stated earlier, playing with genders beyond the basic two are iffy with me. Things like gender fluidity and anything beyond male/female, or even transgender but still identifying as male or female, just confuse me. But it's not a hard no.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back