• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
His hands still lingering on his neck where the black marks are, his head perks up a little at the sudden unexpected input from a complete stranger. "Smoochy..?" He turns his head, a brow perked up at the beautifully coloured demoness with his blank-toned question. "We are not..." He pauses for a moment, frowning in thought until a light bulb seems to spark above his head! "Mating."

Quite clearly, people are going to have fun with this one's blunt manner of speech. He slowly scans along Qerres' arm, tilting his head to the side as he then turns his body, taking a step in her direction, offering a hand to her. "Don." He says shortly to her, not one for mincing words, it seems. He jerks his head in the Kelpiekin's direction. "Not sure about hers. Never gave it."

The sudden finger snap and entire disappearance of one of the people in the room steals his attention entirely, it would seem, brows perking at the sight of the sudden and seemingly easy display of what he can only assume to be magic. He takes in a deep breath, lips twitching very briefly, only for his gaze to be taken once more, this time, by the other red-skinned creature, the wounded female talking with the finger snapping badass. His brows rise even higher. Her skin is a deeper red to Qerres' colouring, almost a more rich red, with her hair being longer and almost... purple? Such a strange combination... Don looks off to the side, hefting his rucksack a bit more steady onto his shoulders, cheeks tinting ever so slightly pink on his pale skin.

Such... bright women. So strange, and yet, so familiar. Though... THIS one makes me feel uneasy.

He glances to Qerres briefly, eyes squinting slightly under his goggles at her. Her eyes... are mischievous. "Have you been here long?" He asks, glancing between the Kelpie and the Demon, the question clearly for both.

Thanking the Nurse briefly, but genuinely, he takes a step away from the main focus of the room, almost moving to leave entirely there and then.

( DapperCat DapperCat VioletShadow VioletShadow Noble Scion Noble Scion )

Donald Sapien ID.png

Xaira grinned back at Jasper, always glad to help him out, and very glad in this particular instance that he had not only forgiven her, but had also beat her to the punch regarding taking their relationship to the next level, a very pleasant surprise as far the Dragoness was concerned. She still felt very giddy indeed about it, her heart filled with warmth and joy.

“No problem, JT, I’m the one who made this happen anyway, and, besides, I’d never leave anyone hanging like that, on-field or off. Especially the man of my dreams,” she said teasingly kissing his cheek. She then gave him another apologetic look as she saw him rub at the spot on her leg that she’d unknowingly batted with her tail in the excitement.

Xaira then nodded as Jasper thought of a plan of action of sorts for now. “Alright. I do have a few ideas for how to pass time but, well, we’ll have to discuss those later… and with more privacy,” she said, smirking at the man as she led him from the gym to find some ice in the commons to ice his shoulder down with. “Joking aside though, I’m pretty sure I’d be up for doing almost anything with you in the meantime, while we have the time to be together without a mission looming over our heads.” After all, there was no true way of knowing how long that would be.

The dragoness’s eyes widened in unison with Jasper’s as, upon entering the lower floor of the gym, they were greeted with a seemingly comatose Kiril. Xaira rushed to the man’s side and bent over him, eyeing the man concernedly and waving in front of his face to hopefully get his attention. He seemed semi-conscious, at least. Still, Xaira was considering just heaving the half-demon over her shoulder and making a break for the infirmary just to be safe.

As Kiril sat up and spoke, Xaira found herself a little relieved that he also seemed mostly coherent. She suspected that he might’ve intentionally exhausted himself, and when he said he had done just that, Xaira sighed in mixed relief and exasperation. She certainly hadn’t pushed herself that far before and she’d certainly say Kiril was more than fit enough; she could tell from his words alone, though, that he was one of those people who always wanted to reach greater heights of fitness, and she supposed there wasn’t anything inherently wrong with that. Either way, Kiril certainly seemed to have enough muscle on him to begin with as far as Xaira was concerned. She found herself glad that the man seemed okay regardless, strange as he was to her. She did respect his tenacity and persistence however, and chose after a moment of deliberation not to voice her concerns regarding Kiril’s rather gung-ho fitness endeavors.

The half-Demon’s rather suspicious look, followed by his confused question, then caused Xaira to furrow her own brow as she thought of an answer. Just as she was about to open her own mouth, the very loud, sudden, and excited arrival of a certain Eldritch being caused the Dragoness to freeze as Quinn launched themselves at kiril, who was clearly already uncomfortable. In most situations, Xaira liked to see excitableness and energy in others, but Quinn’s tackle-like way of greeting Kiril complete with their excitable mile-a-minute ramblings didn't seem to help the situation at all.

Blinking and unsure how to react to all of this, she watched as Kiril then, understandably, seemed to have a moment of overwhelm, froze, and then swiftly said he was going to take a shower. She felt a bit bad for the demon, especially since he seemed to be nervous about why she and Jasper, and now Quinn had approached him. The look on Xaira’s face was deeply apologetic as she stepped aside for him to go and collect himself, sighing afterwards while seeking out and grasping Jasper’s hand in hers. “We-we’re glad you’re okay! Take care!” Xaira called, feeling awkward about her exact wording yet glad she had managed to say something nice instead of remaining dumbstruck.

“Well, he uh, seems to be perfectly conscious and able to move, which was what we were worried about,” she said to Jasper softly. She then found herself glaring sidelong at Quinn for a moment before her expression straightened into a rather neutral one, and a sigh. “Quinn, uh, I’d leave him alone for a while before you try to talk to him again if I were you… not sure if he can take much more right now,” Xaira said, before tugging on Jasper’s arm a bit and looking back at him. “Alright, let’s get that arm and leg iced and… maybe go grab something to eat?” She asked, already gently pulling him away from Quinn in the awkward air of the moment.
Xemanorth Xemanorth Birdsie Birdsie Tarmagon Tarmagon

Last edited:

Aquielle Pearla
aquielle_pearla-png.556098
Mood: :)
Mentions: Myriad Myriad Thatguynameded Thatguynameded DapperCat DapperCat

Despite the darkness of his lenses obscuring her vision, Aquielle continued to attempt to stare the ocean dweller in the eyes. Well, where she hoped the eyes where anyway. As they conversed, her eyes were diverted to the black marks lining his neck, his finger tracing them for her to view more clearly. "I actually thought they were scars of some kind. Good to hear that isn't the case." She admitted idly, just before she was distracted by the red demoness from earlier. "Mission prank-the-bestial was a success then?" She inquired with a chuckle, leaning forward to speak to the pair in front of them. "Oh, you can call me Aqua." She introduced herself briefly, listening intently to what the others had to say.

"Smoochy? Barf?" Although she had taken the advanced modern language course, it seemed there was still terminology she had yet to encounter. For a few seconds, she was silent, trying to decipher what was said. She assumed that smoochy referred to some sort of overly affectionate state, and barf was some sort of negative action. It seemed that her Ichytho Sapien acquaintance had responded with a similar question, alongside a firm denial. Nodding her head, she followed his lead. "Yes, what he said." She smiled brightly, oblivious to the oddness of the situation.

"Lovely to meet you all, Don, Qerres and Brass." She commented as they continued walking back to the common room, having been promptly kicked out by the nurse from earlier. "I've been here at headquarters for a month or so. Haven't been on a mission yet though, mainly been training." She answered with a smile, although a faint sense of melancholy could be heard.

Caddigan_Pryce.png
Caddigan smiles coyly, cocks his head innocently at the accusations, and proceeds to lean further onto the front desk without much acknowledgement to the troll. People were always far more attractive to Caddy when they wildly disapproved of him. So perhaps, with that logic, Caddy would be attracted to the grand majority of SMITED at this point.
"I haven't the faintest idea of what you just said," Caddy says after the nurse's first tirade "but may I say that your tusks look lovely under this fluorescent hospital lighting?"

Before he could get another word in, there's an audible snap, and that awful magick-y smell fills the air. Caddy's vision twirls and he feels a strong gust of wind pass through him till he is, suddenly, not in the infirmary any longer. It feels like a blink and the bright white of the room suddenly dulls to a cool blue. It feels warmer, the strong scent of chlorine surrounds him, and the floor beneath him vanishes. He plummets for what feels like forever, but is really no time at all, and lands with a dramatic splash into...a pool? SMITED had a pool?

Caddy resurfaces with a sputter, shaking the water from his hair as his heart rate fell and he quickly realized where he was. He wades there for a moment, peacefully almost, and his lips curl into a smile: it was good to finally have some fun around this place. The man lets out a shaky laugh, gripping the side of the pool as steadies himself in the cool waters for just a moment longer, whispering to no one in particular:
"What a woman."

SLICE IS CLOSED AS MISSION THREE HAS STARTED!
Update: As Stone's arc needs stuff and she can't post for the mission Slice stuff from this point is to get arc development.​

Last edited:
It didn’t take long for Mara to want to remove herself from the group. As soon as they arrived she made straight for the communal bedroom, wanting to drop her stuff off before going to decompress. Yet after arriving at her assigned bunk, she took a seat on the edge and grabbed her pack, but before she could open the top… it moved.

Mara froze. She already had something strange happen to her, and now something was inside of her bag?

She quickly an answer as a head popped out.

The merwoman dropped it, recoiling back in surprise as the odd being looked up at her, its lips parting in a makeshift smile as it began to pant.

”It’s about time I was let out!” It cried happily, lifting its paws out of the bag and stretching its limbs.

“I…” What. It was speaking? How was it speaking?

After shaking itself out much like a dog would, it reached its paws up and set them on her thighs. ”It’s so great to finally-” It was cut off with a squeak as Mara tipped them back into the bag and zipped it shut, eyes wide. She was two for two with weird shit… hopefully this would be the last of it.

The being was complaining as she looked towards the other end of the room where Lacily was currently occupied by reading. “Lacily… would you mind coming here for a moment?” Her voice was strained as her eyes kept glancing down to the bag in her hands, giving her a rather spooked expression.

Fable Fable

[div class=fyuriwrapper][div class=img]
lacily_lufaren-png.559518
[/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Lacily[/div]
[div class=pro]{Law-suh-lee} [/div]
[div class=tags]Interaction StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 [/div]
Lacily had been relaxing and reading a book. She wasn't going on the mission this time and the break was much appreciated. She heard someone shuffling around the barracks but paid no mind till Mara called out to her. Lacily peeked around to glance at Mara wonder what the woman needed. She slipped a bookmark to mark her page and set her book down on her bed, figuring this was going to be something quick. Or she hoped it would be quick.

"What's up?" she asked in common mundane slang. Honestly the things she had picked up since joining SMITED...

Her attention was drawn the the shuffling of Mara's bag and Lacily quirked a brow at it. She unzipped the bag and was greeted by a mildly frustrated looking lizard creature. "Mara," Lacily began slowly. "What is that and why is it in your bag?"

The thing sneezed a few times, snot dribbling from its nose on one side. ”Do you realize how cramped your bag is? Also there was hardly anything to eat!” The lizard burped and a wrapper of some food item fluttered out and floated to the floor.[/div][/div][/div]

[class=fyuriwrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; Flex-flow: row wrap; Justify-content: stretch; max-width:1000px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; padding:15px 0px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=img] width:260px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=inventory] pointer-events:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:left; line-height:10px; [/class] [class=flex] flex:1; min-width:300px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Lato'; font-size:50px; margin:-10px 0 -30px 0; font-weight:bold; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 50px; [/class] [class=pro] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 25px; [/class] [class=text] padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:'Lato'; [/class]

”I don’t know... it must’ve-“ Mara was cut off as it started speaking, her eyes going a bit wider as she shook her head.

She didn’t exactly want to sound crazy, but she didn’t have much of an option at the moment. “Are... you hearing it?” She didn’t bother responding to the creature, instead looking between it and Lacily before keeping her attention on the agent next to her and not the weird lizard thing. Mara was obviously spooked, leaning back from the creature.

Fable Fable

Lacily visibly cringed as the lizard had snot coming from it's nostrils and burped up a food wrapper. Mara stopped mid sentence for some reason, reacting to the lizard and to Lacily it seemed like Mara was flustered by the gross actions of it. When she asked Lacily if she was 'hearing' is she gave Mara a confused and concerned gaze.

"You're going to have to clarify what you mean by hearing. I heard it sneeze and belch, but I have a feeling you're asking me something else by how you're acting."

”Hey! I know you can hear me. I'm hungry.” The lizard whined noisily to Mara, demanding food. To Lacily it sounded like a weird lizard squeaking.
[/div][/div][/div]

[class=fyuriwrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; Flex-flow: row wrap; Justify-content: stretch; max-width:1000px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; padding:15px 0px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=img] width:260px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=inventory] pointer-events:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:left; line-height:10px; [/class] [class=flex] flex:1; min-width:300px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Lato'; font-size:50px; margin:-10px 0 -30px 0; font-weight:bold; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 50px; [/class] [class=pro] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 25px; [/class] [class=text] padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:'Lato'; [/class]

Mara couldn’t help but stand and move away from the lizard as it spoke again, ignoring its demands for food as she ran her hands through her hair. ”...I can hear it telepathically.” She stated after a moment, turning back to face Lacily. ”It most likely climbed into my bag during the rush to get out of the cavern after...“ She trailed off, once again being reminded of the orb she had touched. It caused her to look towards the lizard again, appearing to have came to some type of understanding. Still, she didn’t speak. Not yet, at least.

Fable Fable

Lacily could only blink at the lizard's odd behavior. It wasn't aggressive it seemed, it looked like it was begging Mara for food? It was a bit like a weird dog. When Mara said she could hear it telepathically, followed by her hypothesis of how it came to be in her bag which she didn't finish...

Well Lacily was suspicious.

"Okay. First, we're taking him to the 'vet'. Maybe they'll know whatever it actually is. Since you can 'hear' it talking to you, it's got to be a magical creature of some kind. Second, after what? I need information because right now this is a huge security concern. You've smuggled out a lizard from a dangerous cavern on a mission where agents were injured and it's... talking to you."

It was hard for Lacily to see the damn thing as a thread considering it was now licking its own eyeball with its long tongue. ”Food? Please? I've been in your bag for ages! You feed me and I'll tell you a secret!” The lizard whined noisily to Mara, demanding food. To Lacily it sounded like a weird lizard squeaking.[/div][/div][/div]

Well, this situation just became a whole lot worse.

”That might not be the only issue we have.” Mara grumbled. ”When we were in the cavern with the orb, it... forced me to touch it. When I did, it absorbed into me.”

When the creature begged for food, she sighed. “It’s hungry and won’t stop begging for something to eat.”

Lacily just stared at Mara in silence for a long moment as she processed what the merwoman had just told her. She blinked a few times and let out a large exasperated sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose as she closed her eyes. "I-It-" she paused and held up her hand to make sure Mara didn't disturb her while she processed this information.

"You touched an unidentified magical orb and it was absorbed into body and now you have this creature that you brought put of the cavern begging you for food." Lacily basically summed up the utter mess Mara was in. She dropped her hand and looked at the odd lizard and then to Mara. "Pick it up and come with me to R&D. That's an order."

Lacily wanted to make it clear this was serious. She'd wait till Mara had a stable hold on the lizard before leading her out of the barracks and towards the large main building of HQ. Mara was getting odd looks as she carried the lizard as it's tongue hung out of it's mouth.

”Where we going? Is there food? Are you taking me to get some food? This is fun! I've never seen stuff like this! Where are we?”

Lacily approached the desk on the ground floor and told the receptionist the reason for their request to visit R&D. After a few minutes of waiting two security guards joined Lacily and Mara and they were escorted to the elevators which instead of going up went a few levels down under the ground level. The elevator doors chimed open to reveal a long white hallway with white doors marked simply with black numbers and letters.

The guards escorted them to a room and then stood outside of the door on alert. Inside the room was a strange gnome-looking scientist wearing thick goggles over it's black eyes. "Well then, let's take a look. Put the creature on the examination table please," he directed as he went over to what seemed to be a mini-fridge, pulling out a small cup of yogurt.[/div][/div][/div]

mara_poecilia-png.556088
[/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Mara[/div]
[div class=tags]Interaction Fable Fable [/div]
Mara didn't protest what was being asked of her. She silently picked the creature up and began to follow, a vaguely annoyed expression set upon her face.

She tried her best to ignore how it spoke as they made their way into the main building. The mrewoman's gaze was affixed to the back of Lacily's head as various agents and other employees allowed their gazes to follow. It was a strange sight, though hopefully she wasn't going to have to deal with it any longer. At least this part of her problem, anyway.

When they finally arrived in the examination room, she eagerly dumped the creature onto the table before stepping back and crossing her arms. "What now?" The question was aimed at Lacily, though her gaze did glance towards the lizard every now and then.[/div][/div][/div]

Lacily shrugged at Mara's question. She had never had to deal with this type of situation before. Sure there was some thick manual of protocols she had to go over as an agent so that was honestly all she had really done was follow the directions of this type of scenario. The gnome-scientist held the yogurt on one hand and slid over a wheeled step-stool next to the examination table which he hopped up.

"Now then," he began as he pulled the lid open and the scent of vanilla wafted from the food item. This caught the creature's attention and it eagerly stared at the yogurt cup and drools.

”Food! Tiny mortal thing has food! Yummy smelling food!” The drool dripped from its mouth and onto the table, but the gnome doesn't seem to mind in the slightest.

The gnome turned towards Lacily and then Mara, "Seems to have some training at least. It hasn't tried to bite at my hand though it clearly has interest in the food. It has restrained itself from trying to snap it away from me. As far as intelligence, not sure quite yet."

He set the yogurt cup down in front of the lizard who happily and without any suspicious began to consume the treat eagerly. Every now and then it would lift its head and smack, its face covered in vanilla yogurt. While it was busy doing this the gnome slid his hands over its body, poked a few spots, used a stethascope to check the lungs and heart - if it even had those organs - and other examinations.

"Whatever it is, it's healthy. Have either of you noticed anything strange about it? It doesn't seem aggressive, at least right now." While he spoke the lizard wavered on its feet slightly and then collapsed onto the table... and snored... loudly. "Ah, finally kicked in, good!"

The gnome set about his next tasks which was to take a variety of samples from the lizard; plucking out a few scales, drawing blood, opening the creature's mouth, taking a saliva sample, and a plethora of other things. When he was done with all of that business he took off his goggles and looked at Mara while the thing twitched in its sleep. "Now then, about this telepathy matter," he began, "When did it start? What does it say to you exactly? Are you sure it is the creature and not a development of a personal mental disorder such as psychosis?"[/div][/div][/div]

Post-Mission 3 Slice
Post-Mission 3!

All agents were injured in some manner, either physically or mentally. For the past two weeks agents have been treated for injuries and work-related stress from the mission. Those who were corrupted have been in quarantine for at least one week suffering from withdrawal; some cope better than others with this. Those who struggle with the withdrawal can be kept up to two weeks.

The withdrawal symptoms can include, but are not limited to: sweats, chills, trembling, fever, fatigue, hallucinations anxiety, delirium, nightmares, increased sensitivity, agitation, crying, excitability, irritability, violence, and restlessness.

All gems will be confiscated from all agents and secured until they are needed once again. This doesn't mean agents who are corrupted won't try and consume or absorb the gem before they are able to be taken away. At this point outside of the box it's like PCP.

You can write a summary of your character's post-mission experience, but two weeks time has officially passed since the mission's end.

1588540947276.png

The rundown downtown of the city was missing one of its inhabitants right now as the Satyr had ventured further into the main streets. Nobody seemed to pay attention to the strangeness of a rather unkempt female with wild brown locks, accompanied by the nonrhythmic pattern of her hooves hitting the pavement. She could not remember why she had in the first place or where she was even planning to go or what to do. To be fair, she hardly remembered what happened the day before. Other than it had resulted in a rather nasty clutter of bruises and a black eye. It may have had something to do with her hustling a gullible fool out of a few dollars. Funny how he did nothing at the time but waited until night and jumping the Satyress with a couple of cronies in tow.
1588541011455.png
"Hm." Hermy grunted with an annoyed swish of the tail, "Ain't like ten dollars would make a difference to him, the fat βλακας." she mumbled, her sore leg becoming too much to keep standing on it. The Satyress sighed gruffly, her cheeks puffing from a suppressed belch as she lamented every life choice that lead up to this. She had been floating aimlessly through life for the last few years. To think she was in her mid twenties and the most she had to her name was that ten dollars, her pan-pipes and the wine-skin. Not that anyone was going to know that. Nobody really knew or cared of her existence outside the occasional one-night stand with the rare species of human that lacked a sense of smell or any form of dignity.
Oh shut up, what am I, fourteen? Gotta stop bitching like some... well, fourteen year old little whiny little bitch bug- wait ya know who ya sound like right now?! Freakin' Betsy Bob! Hermione's black and blue eyes widened as she found herself being bashed by her own head-space, Yes! You always got some shit to complain about don't cha? Do something, ya dizzy bitch go to the hospital or something I'm pretty sure your intestine's bleeding and you'll probably be dead tomorrow! Whatchu gonna do, HUH?! Hermy growled as she stopped walking. Maybe the hospital was a good choice. At least the beds there were not like a plank of wood like back home and it was warm. But then again, she glanced up to see the sign above the door to a pub.

Sure, this'll work instead.
___
Now Hermy had a flimsy concept of time during sobriety so that was virtually non-existent by the time she was chucked back out onto the street Pan knows how many hours later. The satyre groaned as she picked herself up, but not without instantly backing into the wall of the pub for support with a dull clunk of her horns hitting the stone. Her bottom lip hanging loose, her glazed eyes rolling from side to side as she tried to take everything back in. Okay so... now the issue of direction. Where exactly was she supposed to go? She had only intended to have one drink in that pub but ran into a few guys who were going off tomorrow to some... fight some war somewhere. She honestly could not remember at this point. As she contemplated which direction to go to, the Satyr felt a sudden roil within her stomach and before she could do anything about it, Hermy retched and emptied her guts out onto the smooth pavement at her hooves. With her throat burning, she stood back up, only to hear an angry hiss as a hooded man next to her, who she hadn't seen was unimpressed with this display. Hermy put a hand over her maw to cover a belch as she awkwardly chuckled at him.

"Ah ha sorry about that, ol' chap!" Her hand swatted in a vain attempt to pat the guy's shoulder as he continued to glare. "Uh... Gotta go." And with that and a dramatic raise of the arm, the drunk goat-woman stumbled along the pavement, totally in the direction she meant to go in. It did not phase her that she was drifting further and further from the familiar streets and into the more rural areas. If anything, it was a welcome change. She had spent practically her whole life in that damned city. Maybe a nice walk in the countryside would do her some good? Sure! She was a Satyr after all, weren't they supposed to be drawn to nature? They were also drawn to wine. At the thought of that, Hermy would periodically (every few minutes) take a swig from the wine-skin that hung perpetually from around her shoulder, adding to her haze. It didn't matter to her in the long run...

Of course even the sturdiest of legs have to give up sometime. She did not know how long she had been walking for, but as she entered... some kind of courtyard, the wine-skin was bone dry and her head was spinning. This was far enough... Maybe it was a good time to turn around and head home. With a sigh, the Satyr tried to turn around. But whether it was the sudden momentum of turning, her hooves slipping or... the fact that she was drunk as a skunk (and twice as smelly) but with a slight groan, everything span into black as she dropped onto the ground.

Last edited:
Brass knew he couldn't beat the liquid man but he knew he could get the stone to Pandora. Brass attempted to dodge one of the strike and start running to the throne, as brass ran he seen jasper at her feet and she announced something. Next thing brass knew he was in a new room full of people, alot of people with guns and large metal boxes with wheels that brass has never seen before. Crashing onto the floor would have been painful, but brass was feeling something else, he felt better, faster, stronger. As the medics rushed to him he looked at his hands only to find his body had now returned to what i was before, a Beast. His mind though, began to feel muddy and dull, all these new and strange things he had been feeling begin to slowly vanish. Brass was returning to his base mind set of emotions and thoughts. As the medics inspect him, he remembers seeing his family die in a fire, this begin to trigger brass into shoving away the medics and attempted to leave the SMITED building to go and find his family. As hes about to push through the agents with guns brass felt a few pricks on his back, they did not hurt but they were noticeable the moment they hit him. His mid began to fade and his body began to fail. Before brass could hit the floor he blacks out and with a loud thud, he is suppressed.
--------

Brass had woken in the infirmary and held in a quarantine zone, it being assumed he ran due to corruption. Soon after he was evaluated and was concluded he has some mental trauma and was allowed out due to minimal physical injuries. The first thing Brass did was to check on his family, the full moon was coming soon so it was easy for brass to find the packs gathering. He deiced to stay with family and recover mentally slowly with family. He even also attempted to speak with other packs to understand them a bit more, one of the shamans took a liking to him but told brass to comeback later. When dawn hit the packs began to dismantle the camp sites that had been set up and returned home to their pack grounds. Most of his time back at SMITED brass mostly spent his time sleeping and eating meat. After a week of resting brass began to wander around SMITED, like a lost dog. He walked around the barracks taking in the sights and smells of the other agents. He would wave at the people who wave, let the strangers who aren't afraid of him pet him. Go to the gym and watch the people work out, visit some of his teammates in the infirmary, at least the ones he was allowed to see. Looked around the library and spent a short amount of time due to brass being illiterate. Brass wandered into an area with alot of tables, it as empty asides from a few people behind a counter cleaning. They kept telling him it was closed but brass couldn't understand how something could be closed if brass can easily just walk in.

Brass finally ended back up the barracks and picked out of his supply of beef jerky, standing around just watching the people come in and out while he loudly chops on the plastic of the meat and its wrapers.

Brass_Ruud (1).png

full
Jasper woke slowly, the dull ache of body and soul settling over him like an old, unwelcome acquaintance. He had been told more than once that he was lucky to be alive, though currently he had to wonder. For the first week he had remained in a medically induced coma as his body was slowly put back together by magical and mundane means. He supposed he was lucky in that respect, since he had been told that the withdrawal symptoms of those influenced by the box had been, intense. He had been checked up on by the team leader, and debriefed by an agent he didn't know, which was probably fortunate. Jasper had been coldly analytical, detailing everything in a dispassionate tone, including his many complaints with the way the mission briefing had been handled by the upper echelon. After his rather pointed, though perfectly thought out and presented, criticism of the high ranking agents, he was quite surprised that he hadn't been disciplined or even ejected from the organization. Instead, all that the agent had done was nod politely, take notes, and wish him a speedy recovery. Those had been his only visitors beside the usual parade of doctors and nurses that always seemed to appear when he actually wanted to rest. The one visitor he had wanted to see, never appeared. Instead a handwritten note had been delivered to his bedside while he was asleep.

Jasper, I don't even know if you're going to survive the mission you've been sent on, and it's ripping my heart out having to write this. I've, been called back to... well, I really can't say. It's not exactly something that dragonkin are allowed to talk about. It would mean my life if I were to refuse this summons, and it may very well mean my life TO answer it. It's.... complicated. You have magic stuff that you'd never be able to share with me, I just couldn't understand it. This is the same thing. I have to go, or I die. If I go, I may die. That's really all I can tell you. That being said... Jasper, I think I love you, and I don't want you to be alone, waiting for someone who might never return. So, even if I survive, I'm not coming back. I want you to be happy. After all you've been through you deserve happiness, so I want you to find someone, someone who makes you happy. Don't be alone. Promise me. DON'T BE ALONE.
Love, Xaira.

The thought of the fiery dragoness had helped Jasper resist the temptation in the box, even though he had let a simulacrum of her die in order to complete his mission. He had relied on the linking spell he had cast on them before he entered the box... the spell that the box had destroyed, denying him even the knowledge of whether or not Xaira had survived whatever ordeal she had been forced to undergo. He hadn't tried to gain any more information about what had called her away. If she had wanted him to know, she would have told him. She either wouldn't, or couldn't, and he was going to give her the benefit of the doubt and go with couldn't, tell him. So, he would respect her decision, and wish her a long and happy life wherever she found herself. However, since she wasn't here, he felt no great hurry to make a promise to empty air, and to an empty heart. Maybe that would change, maybe it wouldn't. For now, his time and experiences in the box had changed him, changed the way his magic responded. The vague idea he had been entertaining about new uses for his powers before the mission now seemed a certainty, so while he worked on a replacement staff, he was also working on the new, Trinkets he had decided to call them, imbuing them with his intent and storing Power inside them for later use.

Standing with a groan, Jasper stretched carefully, making certain that he worked all of the muscle groups. The doctors had said he must, so he did. He contemplated the small bottle of painkillers, then shook his head. No, he wasn't going there. Dressing slowly, he still couldn't do anything quickly, he left his room, heading for the common room. There should be coffee.

The red hue of sun seeped through the rather mundane looking living room. A certain haze surrounded the very environment as nondescript objects lay sprawled on the floor brightly colored though what they were being hard to say. From the large window where the evening light cascaded into the room a rocking chair slowly swayed back and forth with a woman sitting in it. Her raven hair flowed down escaping between the small bars in the back of the chair as if the locks were attempting to escape some prison, swaying with the motion of the woman rocking slowly back and forth. Her frilly red dress could be seen from the back side, reaching down just far enough that only the womans ankles and bare feet could be seen with her skin looking to be tinted in the same red hue. As she approached the woman suddenly stopped rocking as the very world itself seemed to redden more.

The approaching figure stood still as if recognizing they had been noticed. Her hand slowly rose up lifting into view staring upon the rather small and somewhat frail hand reaching in the direciton of the woman. It was as if on queue the voice spoke up causing the girl to lower her hand as if recoiling just from the words alone.

"Isn't the sunset beautiful? Come, ƨ̶̠̿ɛ̴̦͋∂̸͇͂ɛ̴̧̎и̷̰̎ƨ̸̼̀ ̴̳́ι̶̬͑и̸̱̕ ̶̜̈́ɢ̴͕̊я̸͓̊ɛ̸̫͆м̴͇̽ι̵̱͑σ̸͙̏ ̸̞͘м̵̨̓α̷̗͘т̷̡͝я̷̥̇ι̵͕̽ƨ̷͓́ ̵͈̌т̷̖͆ʋ̴̝͛α̴̙̉ɛ̴̯̎" The voice was soft and sweet, even as the words suddenly shifted, the tone being audible yet seeming to possess no meaning. Despite it she approached seeming to know what it meant despite its seeming nonsense. As she approach the rocking chair the red hue only intensified as things only grew more fuzzy. It was as if reality itself was starting to rip apart. The raven hair acting almost like a veil covering her face as she slowly turned. As her face started to come into sight its features all become non descript as if completely blank as the red light all but enveloped her vision as the color shifted to pure white.

Felicia's eyes cracked open suddenly. The pages of the book she had held in her hair suddenly ruffling as if a gust of wind blew upon it. She had managed to fall asleep reading a book, pressed back against the chair. She shook her head closing the book. It had been a few weeks since she started having rather strange dreams about the faceless woman ever since she had returned from the box. It bothered her a bit though it seemed in her mind to be easily the lesser case of problems of the whole team. She noticed her powers seemed to be a bit stronger requiring a bit more control to pull it back though that was probably something unrelated. It wouldn't be the first time its happened that she needed to work on further controlling her abilities, albiet it did seem a little more drastic then normal.

Felicia stood up, grabbing the book placing it back where it was on the shelf. While she enjoyed reading it seemed clear to her sudden 'nap' she needed to perhaps be a bit more active. She had been a little more distant with her teammates since they had returned feeling... rather awkward being around them. She grew up learning to be emotionally distant as such the solution to problems for her tended to rely on sticking her into isolation in order to settle her emotions down and gain better control over herself. Perhaps to some extent that might work for the others, particularly those who had succumbed to corruption. It would be nice to speak to others, she still was devoted to the idea of interacting and being part of society. She had read up a lot about books about social interactions that would hopefully make her much better when it came ot talking with others.

As she headed to the commons, she hadn't at all expected to see Jasper. She hesitated a bit looking at him as he was a few steps ahead, clearly not noticing her. There was no reason for her to heistate, it was best to start somewhere. Now was the time using the new knowledge she aquired to work on that whole social interaction to a whole new level and really strengthen her connection with others.

"It is good to see you Jasper! I am surprised you are still among the living. You look great for being a complete mess." She spoke putting on an obviously fake smile giving a rather cheesy looking thumbs up in what had to be one of the most painful attempts at conversation possible. Perhaps she took the book a bit too far or just simply didn't understand it right.

KmowlSx.png

Mentioned:
Jasper Tarmagon Tarmagon

full
Jasper was nearly to the common room when a voice erupted behind him.

"It is good to see you Jasper! I am surprised you are still among the living. You look great for being a complete mess."

Jasper jumped involuntarily at the unexpected greeting, wincing as the sudden movement pulled on half-healed muscles. Turning, he schooled his features into neutrality. It was never a good idea to display weakness around some of the compounds inhabitants. The sight that greeted Jasper nearly broke his self-control as the odd little psi? Felicia stood there, a wide, cheesy smile plastered on her face as she gave him a double thumbs-up gesture.

"Felicia," Jasper said politely, doing his best to ignore the obviously forced expression on the girls face. "You seem to have recovered well from our last mission. What can I help you with?"

Hanarei Hanarei

It was kind of strange to be walking around without a chaperone. Or at least, a visible one. Glancing up at the various security cameras as he walked down the halls, Theo thought back on the two weeks that had passed since they'd gotten out of Pandora's box. He'd been in a pretty bad way, having not only given in to the Box's taint initially, but absorbing one of the gem-seed on top of that. Not to mention the fact he'd still had his own on his person when they'd gone out. Areal struggle that had been, but the people waiting for them managed to get it off Theo before he could do something stupid with it. With all that, he wouldn't have been surprised if his 'recuperation time' had been longer than all the others. Not that he had any way to tell.

In truth he hadn't talked much with his teammates in the few days he'd been out of quarantine. Apart from the occasional small talk and passing 'Hello' he'd mostly stuck to himself. The reason behind this was so that he could reflect on his own on the mission, now that his head was clear of box-taint. it hadn't gone too bad, for a first mission at least. Definitely needed to be more flexible in the future if he wanted the teamwork to improve. But there was also the issue of his overall lack of knowledge. Most would pin this down to it being his first mission, that he would get better with experience, but Theo wasn't going to wait around for excuses like that. He needed to start learning, or re-learning as it were, all the old legends. To find out what their true versions. Get to know the legends, get to know his teammates. Simple, right?

"I should probably go check in with Caddigan... I hope he healed up alright after he took that attack." Theo muttered to himself, emerging out of a passageway into one of the SMITED compound's many courtyards.

"Eurgh."

The Horrible stench of Alcohol, vomit, and various other Bodily Odors suddenly assaulted Theo's nostrils. He didn't have to look far for the source. A Satyr, covered in dirty, alcohol stained clothing and half sitting, half lying on the ground as though they'd just fallen over. They were clearly out of their mind drunk. Oh boy... Theo didn't even recognize them. He decided this was ultimately a positive, as it probably meant he was doing a good job not hanging out in bars and pubs getting drunk out of his skull. Still, avoiding pubs was one thing, ignoring this satyr was another. He just needed to figure out whether they were supposed to be inside the SMITEd compound or not. If they were an agent, or agent-in-training, he'd just bring them down to the doctor and hopefully they'd know how to take care of them. If they weren't supposed to be here, well, maybe he could guide them off the area before any drunken fights started up with security.

"Hey. You look like you just won about seven different drinking contests down at the Pub. What're you doing out here?" Theo walked up to the Satyr, though made sure he stayed just out of arms reach.

1589892253351.png

It seemed that Hermy’s senses were more dulled than they usually would be as it was not until she heard a voice nearby that she finally seemed to stir from her ten-types-of-alcohol daze. But not gracefully. Arms swung as she tried to jump onto her hooves and her tail (the one clean entity on the entire satyr) swatted around like a windmill.

Bwaah!” The satyr bleated in alarm as she jumped up, “Officer it’s not even my car!” Trying to stand up, her hooves slipped instantly, making her drop back onto the ground. Why was everything so green and... clean? With a light groan, she put a hand on her forehead and turned to the source of the question. A human. A handsome human at that. Granted she saw them every day but none normally talked to her quite so bluntly. Or talked to her at all. When the world decided to stop spinning quite so much, she finally felt more able to answer. Despite her spinning head, she forced a smirk.
1589892286663.png
Ten actually, or was it twelve...?” she answered in a loose and slurred voice, it was not like she had to lie or anything. It seemed her uncanny ability to keep going emasculated a lot of the other bar flies so the challenges kept coming. Loser paid the winner's tab so who was she to complain? “Though if I knew I’d run into such a-” Her cheeks puffed in a suppressed belch, “-such a handsome bloke as yerself I’dve saved some coins t’treat ya.” The satyr grunted in a weak chuckle. All she could hope was that this guy would see the humour and not get his knickers in a twist. Granted whether or not she was joking was still for debate. He was pretty handsome. Hermy coughed before finally finding the ability to stand upright, albeit swaying and on the verge of dropping back to the ground like a sack of potatoes. As she spoke, she finally pushed her wild locks from her face.

What am I-? I’m walkin’ home what else does it look-?” After the removal of hair, Hermy stopped as things finally seemed to clear enough to actually see where she was. “...This isn’t my uh... Hm. This isn't where I live.” She concluded as she scratched her head. Her eyes still hurt from both the drunkenness, black eyes and bruises from being jumped prior to her bender. After another moment of trying to figure out what exactly was going on, the satyr groaned and slid down the wall back onto the ground with glazed eyes, her horns clacking against it. Nope, this was not what she had expected to find. How far did she even walk? Maybe this was some bizarre Pink Elephants episode that'll thankfully be over soon and she'd wake up in her single room above the bowling alley... or was it below the bowling alley? Or outside the building- definitely not here!

...Hey uh, handsome -can I call you that?- be a doll and tell me where I am, if ya will?” With a heavy inhale she turned her wild head back towards him, “My sense of direction ain’t what it used to be." She didn't bother attempting to get up again, it appeared her hooves weren't willing to co-operate.

Interactions: Morzone Morzone (Theo)

"Hmm." Theo considered the Satyr. She didn't seem particularly violent, as some drunks were known to be. That was good, though it was possible that would change if security guards got involved. He mostly ignored the 'handsome' compliment, confident it was just the alcohol speaking. At this point he was fairly confident she wasn't part of SMITED, but it could be she simply was from a different part of the compound and didn't come this way normally. After all, the SMITED compound was way out of the way. She couldn't possibly have walked all the way here from the city, could she?

"You're in an outer courtyard, near the medical wing. They've probably got something there that can help sober you up and get back home." That would be good. If they were from outside the facility he'd have to avoid letting them now this place was SMITED. Sending them out now had a high chance of her simply wandering drunkenly back in again. Of course Sobering up would be a risk in itself, but a necessary one.

"My name's Theo, by the way." He added, deciding he really didn't want to try and explain why a satyr was going around calling him 'handsome' on top of all the other things he'd have to explain should this all go south.

1590516603953.png

"Pfft- the underworld has a courtyard and a medical wing unless yer a prison or some military base? I'mma not take my chance." A hand waved dramatically as she struggled back onto her hooves. At the mention of getting her sobered up, the Satyr stopped for a second. Other people? Nope! She'd rather take her chance walking home than encountering anyone else. This chap seemed nice enough but Hermy wasn't inebriated enough to not think that others may not be so civil about her appearance. "Nah nah- it's all good!" She swayed violently on her hooves as she tried to keep herself steady despite the ever spinning world around her. Maybe it would be better for her to take her leave than wait to meet some quacks who'd be more likely to put her through the Ludovico Technique than actually help. Not that help would be needed.

1590517783293.png
"
See I gotta go to my," she hiccuped as she started making her stumbling way out, "my house cause I'm drunk-Ahh!" In the middle of her rambles, she did not notice a knee-level pot that she then ended up walking straight into and falling back onto the ground with a groan. Great... Amazing. She opted to try and get back up when handsome then introduced himself properly as Theo. With a grunt, she flipped herself onto her back, giving up on the notion of getting back up, instead she adjusted her weight to rest on her elbows lazily, not unlike what someone would see with a Greek statue. With a huff, she pulled out an apple she had rattling around in her poncho pocket for... when did she steal-pick it? Yesterday? She took a bite out of it, or more like a chunk as she looked back up at the man.

"
Well, nice t'meet ya handsome Theo." No, she was not going to drop that just yet, "Name's Hermione. Friends call me Hermy, or they would if I had any. I mean I did have this mate once but he threw a flowerpot at me for sleeping with his- uh... he threw a flowerpot at me, end of story. So moral of the story here; don't trust people with empty flowerpots lying around." She added before taking her wine skin and looking into it and giving it a hard shake. Nothing dropped out much to her frustration. Why hadn't she splurged some money on the self-refilling one? Shows what she knew, assuming she would be able to keep up a regular intake of wine. She decided to say nothing more and just wait. Not because she knew that running her jaw would land her in hotter water, but because she was too distrcted with the mental conundrom as to whether or not the self-refilling wine skin existed or something she just thought up there.

Morzone Morzone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back