• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern SMITED [Mission Two] [Always Open]

OOC
Here
Pryce, Caddigan

Location: Market| Interacting with: Fable Fable ; et al| Mentions: Fable Fable

Now was there a possibility that there was anything edible in this ancient, abandoned market place? Absolutely not. That doesn't mean Caddy can't try though. He smiles coyly over his shoulder as Si-woo calls after him and catches a brief glimpse of the tall scarecrow-like being: how it eyed him briefly before turning it's attention to the crystals. Caddy was unsure if this was a look of disinterest or a look of judgement...or both.

Shaking it off for the moment, he starts to rummage through the food: picking through crumbling bones, dusty grains, and rotten produce. He wondered to himself where the people of this city would even have access to anything besides shellfish and seaweed. It's not like they had any prospering fields of wheat underwater...at least that Caddy knows of. The majority of the food here was so deteriorated that most of it was completely unidentifiable at this point. He holds up a loaf of something, now hard as a rock, and chucks it like a football across the stalls. It heavily hits a grain sack off a cart, letting out an audible 'thwack', as grainy dust spills across the cavern floor.
"And the crowd goes wiiild." Caddy deadpans, shuffling through it as if it were powder-fresh snow.

He stops suddenly, catching a glimmer of something amongst the grime, and kneels down to take a better look. It was small, small enough to fit into the palm of his hand, and Caddy recognized a familiar red gleam: another pretty rock. Odd that it was hidden away in a bag of used-to-be grains. Caddy suspected that perhaps these crystals held some sort of value if someone was willing enough to sneak one away into their stock. He quickly pockets it before turning on his heel towards the rest of his group.

Slipping past Si-woo as he made his check-in, Caddy gives a firm clap on the scarecrow's shoulder and produces the red crystal from his pocket.
"This was over in one of the produce sacks. Can you imagine the scandal? A thief in the marketplace!" He chuckles, giving the other a few more claps. Close enough now, he's able to pick up a scent: crisp hay, a crackling fire, and that "magic-y" smell that accompanies magicians so often. Whatever this was, it rather was made from magic or knew magic...or both.
"Caddy, by the way. I'm new around these parts" He smiles, extending the crystal out for the other to take.
"And you are...?"
code by Ri.a

Cain Hawkins
-The Scarecrow-

cain_hawkins-png.484936
Cain's body was pushed forward a few steps as the sudden force on his back caught him unaware; the subsequent claps to his shoulder almost causing his body to collapse in on itself as he was still somewhat shaken from the suddenness of all this. He didn't expect Caddy to be so hands on.. they've barely even shared a few words if any. Coughing twice as he recomposed himself, Cain's eyes darted towards the gem.

"The name is Cain... Cain Hawkins" replied the scarecrow as he reached out to take the crystal from Caddy's hand; proceeding to raise it above head height to get a better look at the glistening gem. "I'm pretty new myself... first mission as a matter of fact" he continued, though his attention was clearly focused on the gem in his hand, twirling it around in his strawed hands as he looked for any visible markings, alas none could be found and he slowly lowered his hand, pocketing the crystal in a small zip lock bag which he had pulled out with his other hand.

"It seems a bit weird that a thief would leave something of value behind, especially if they went through the trouble of stealing it in the first place... then again.. with such large crystals nearby, could a small fragment like this be considered valuable at all?" suggested Cain as he turned to address Caddy fully. "The lack of destruction and evidence of any kind of battle would suggest that they weren't chased out of here. Even if there was some kind of fight, surely we would have come across a body maybe dried blood but I haven't seen anything of the kind. So its hard for me to imagine that the people who lived here were chased out of their homes.. if anything it seems like they left on their own accord.. that being said, maybe these crystals could give as an insight as to what happened. From my experience gemstones such as these can harbour deep magical properties and if the conjurer is strong enough they can even be used to store information. Even if these gems prove to be meaningless in the agency's endeavours, I am sure they will still come in handy in other ways"

Cain turned slightly, reaching for a small pouch he had been carrying and placed the zip lock crystal inside of it. "Either way, it isn't my job to formulate theories on what happened, nor is it my duty to decipher the secrets that remain dormant in here, like you I'm just a foot soldier working for the agency to meet my own agenda" he added. His face would have bore a smile if it was capable of such things.

"Can you take me to the place you found this crystal?.. If anything, we could get samples of the dried out produce... it would be interesting to see what kind of food this civilisation ate.. considering it is under water in a cavern... its hard to believe they could grow your everyday vegetables down here... finding out what kind of edible substance could be harvested here may have real world applications... that however is only one part of why I'd like to go there. I'm kind of curious to see the place of a 'gem thief'. If they really were a thief then he or she may have hidden more valuable trinkets and items around their place"
"Agent Cain Reporting, We've gotten a sample of the gem and are proceeding further into the market place" radioed Cain.

Interaction: baddervibes baddervibes Fable Fable

full
Jasper watched as the team examined the ruin of the house, trying to imagine what had happened here. The sheer level of destruction spoke to something animalistic, but the mysterious message scratched into the wall bespoke intelligence. This entire structure was an exercise in dichotomy. One of the windows caught Jasper's eye as he drifted around the interior, trying to document everything. There were deeper scratches around this window, as though something had tried to claw its way out. Judging by the state of the shutters, whatever it was had succeeded as well. Making a snap decision, Jasper keyed open his mic.

"This is the housing team," he said crisply. "Housing area is surprisingly intact, not displaying the deterioration to be expected from being submerged. Artifacts, including written materials recovered and bagged for later examination. One dwelling shows excessive damage to the interior, as well as a message carved into the walls of the structure by what were most likely claws. It looks like the mess a werewolf who made his or her first Change unattended would leave behind, but the inscribed message makes that unlikely. One window shows signs that the creature or being managed to make its egress through it. We are going to attempt to locate and follow the path it took after it exited this building. Tiegs, out."

"Let's wrap this up folks," Jasper said, raising his voice. "It looks like whatever did this made its exit through here. Let's see if we can find any kind of trail to follow outside. If anyone objects or has another idea, now's the time to speak up."

June Verles June Verles Birdsie Birdsie DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Noble Scion Noble Scion

(I tried to give everyone a chance to post, but we need to get this moving folks. Speak up. :) )

Quinn-Johnson.png

Certainly, the telltale signs of wanton slaughter and destruction of an entire civilization that were so instinctively familiar to Great Old Ones revitalized Quinn's senses, almost throwing her back into a primordial alien rampage where she would thrash everything in the vicinity with her tentacles.

It was instinctive for eldritch horrors to destroy and conquer other civilizations. Be it psionically dominating them, preying upon them from the dark, or crushing them into fine dust, it was within the purview of Great Old Ones to treat all other races as inferior and to interact with them like a dissonant Civilization player does with the world he's playing in.

The Outer Gods exclusively came from Azathoth, and they in turn gave birth to the Great Old Ones. There were exceptions, but still, one could argue they were a family originating from the same, common origin point. And since Azathoth's dream was a violent one, so were the Great Old Ones violent and cruel.

Quinn, inheriting the traits of its grand progenitor Nyarlathotep could easily quell these instincts. There had never once been a situation where she indulged them. Nyarlathotep's line ruled through deception and adaptation, unlike the psychic dragon-squid that was Cthulhu, or the cannon-fodder-producing Father Dagon and Mother Hydra.

Grandpa Nyarlathotep was so cool, being nice and subtle about his conquest!

Some say that the great inventor, Nikola Tesla, was Nyarlathotep in disguise. Quinn herself didn't know if it was true, but if it was, then wow; grandpa sure is a nice guy - inventing Tesla Coils like that - so humans could have something nice, besides sticks and rocks!

In a way, nearly all Great Old Ones were like a huge, incredibly convoluted family, where everyone was related in one way or another.

Upon thinking that, Quinn raised a finger to her mouth innocently, standing behind Jasper and looking around. She spoke with the thrumming, multi-layered voice. "I wonder if one of my relatives did this..."

Jasper put what humans called a 'red flag' into the proverbial 'ground,' making Quinn raise a hand into the air like an intently-listening student.

"Um, sir?" she asked, more out of politeness than anything, and even though worded nicely, her question would likely send shivers down the spines of anyone that heard it; an instinctive response to run away from a predator. The 'multiple voices at once' thing only added to that.

"I am not questioning your leadership in any capacity when I say this, but please consider that whatever killed everyone in here... well, killed everyone in here..." Quinn said, then paused to let it sink in, before delivering the sinker: "Can we really make friends with it when it seems so aggressive?"

Instead of questioning whether or not they can keep the monster which destroyed an entire civilization under control, Quinn seemed to be more concerned with befriending it. Or, rather, Quinn assumed that was the idea.

Tarmagon Tarmagon June Verles June Verles DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Noble Scion Noble Scion
Fable Fable

calliea_ru-png.484937
Calliea nodded following the agent. The voices grew louder as she moved away from the statue. As they moved away from the area they were in, the voices kept going in and out. When they reached the green space. She heard murmurs but not like before. She looked around with the others. When she looked down in the lake, she heard the murmurs louder. "Definitely not algae ma'am." She says to her. She closed her eyes, trying focus on the voices seeing if she could understand them. She couldn't. They spoke the same language as the ones before.

"Same language as before. I still can't understand them." She says with her eyes closed focusing. She opens them to look at the creature. "It's only murmurs. The water is hard to hear through. " Calliea then looked around once again. Staring at the insects flying around. Unlike the animals she does come across. Insects were harder to hear, and she could only hear them when she completely focus. Drowning out any noise and distractions. The fact that she was in a clearing that may or may not be home to a dangerous predator kinda prevents her focus. "This is beautiful though ma'am. Not many people appreciation the earth like this anymore. Aside from the woodland elves. " She said softly staring at the green area around them. She was an woodland elf, and the earth is kinda their home. She couldn't help to be amazed.

location: underwater cavern 'palace' tags: StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Fable Fable Epiphany Epiphany inventory: bo staff, and her backpack. and the equipment given to her.

[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait]
33JZugo.png
[/div][div class=statusText]Location: On the move
Interaction: Lacily, Mara Calliea
Tags: r e i r e i StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Fable Fable [/div][/div][div class=title]Maia Sarif[/div][div class=text]Still clad in her diving suit, Maia felt increasingly uncomfortable. In part because even though her upbringing had conditioned her to put up with confining, concealing clothing, the thick rubber clung to her. But mostly because of the lingering humidity of their earlier entrance. At least this part of the city seemed dry, or drier, dry enough for bones to fully calcify instead of crumble into rot. She was just beginning to breathe a bit better, which made the walk a lot more bearable.

The sights of the ancient city continued to fascinate her and Maia made a point of directing her camera in slow, steady sweeps that captured detail without inducing nausea in watchers later. Thankfully, she'd had a lot of practice at camera work in her earlier work for SMITED as an intelligence-gatherer.

"I find it surprising that they have so much unpurposed space, in a place where dry space must be at a premium," she commented on Lacily's observation. "Usually, places this big are for public gatherings but all these flowers suggest it wasn't routinely filled up. That's interesting to me."

Peering at the pond, Maia added "In the desert, a trick of the light can make distance seem like water when it's not. These flowers might be giving the illusion of movement. Or there might actually be something in the water, if it is water. Florescent fish? I'm given to understand that's an adaptation to the dark, though." The Gorgon shook her head, rubbing at her eyes. This foreign environment wasn't easy on her senses. [/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#5e757c; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #262626; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #5e757c; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

Exploring the City 4

Lacily's Team - Heading to the 'Palace' ( Epiphany Epiphany StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 r e i r e i )
"Well, if you can hear them speaking, then it's not a plant then?" Lacily asked, just really wanting to confirm that what Calliea heard wasn't the plant-life. She leaned in to try and see what she could and figure out what was glowing when a few of the strange things surfaced. It looked almost like a blue glaucus, "H-How cute." They swam around, pulsating a bit like fireflies almost, never glowing at all times. "So, flora and fauna have persisted here, which means whatever caused everyone to leave only affected the merfolk."

"Hm good point. Why give up so much space? Variety of reasons could be assumed, the most basic could be that there is more to this cavern system than it seems. Maybe this is just one section of the city and there is an entrance to another larger cavern city somewhere else. Maybe the population didn't want to feel enclosed more than they already were living in a cavern. I know I would feel a bit claustrophobic only ever seeing nothing but buildings."

Lacily stood up and crossed her arms over her chest, careful not to cover the bodycam. "We'll just take a note of this for the science and research teams. If they want to come back down here to further check out the wildlife, they can do it themselves. We don't have the equipment to bring out anything living like these critters here without harming them, so they'll stay here. Let's keep going."

There was a common theme as Lacily's team got closer and closer to the large unknown building that was their goal. The closer they got, the less buildings were present. They spaced out more, some had more greenspace, not exactly like the standard private lawn that was common in this era, but more like shared spaces between houses. The buildings style changed as well from simply to more extravagant until suddenly there were just no more buildings, but a large open space between the city and the palace-like building that now upon closer inspection had been literally carved into the cavern wall with a section of it build out using sandstone.

There was nothing but water between the team and the building with a maze of paths and bridges that went over it, but sections of the paths were destroyed. "That was done on purpose," Lacily said. "You see how the damage seems almost to go in a straight line? Someone was knocking out those sections on purpose. If it had been random it would've probably been a result of time, age, and lack of maintenance. There are pockets where is seems to be just that, but the rest? That was done with intent. Be careful where you step and no one stand in the same section at once, too much weight might cause the path the collapse."

Lacily went first, pressed a foot down experimentally to test it before quickly making her way weaving through the remaining path to the decent sized gap that was a bit too far to really jump and clear it safely. She focused on the water and it began to crackle and freeze over, a block of ice forming and floating upwards giving a slippery patch to the gap as is met the edges of the path. "Watch your step," Lacily said with her breath coming out visibly showing there was a large temperature difference.

Si-woo's Team - Market ( Phayne Phayne Lexielai Lexielai baddervibes baddervibes )
Si-woo heard Cain over the radio stating they had a sample of a gem. "Roger, proceed to investigate. I'll be going into the bookstore. If you spot anything strange inform me." With that Si-woo left the strange shop with gemstone statues, but not before taking a small gem himself. He wasn't familiar with gems, but this one was perhaps nothing more than a decently sized diamond if he had to guess. Once the item was secured he made his way to the bookstore, "If neither of you find anything of interest over there, get to the bookstore, the more we grab from here the better for the linguists."

The bookstore wasn't large, it was a single main room with four walls with three of those walls covered entirely with shelves. The fourth wall had what appeared to be a counter and a door to perhaps some back storage area. To call these books would perhaps be incorrect as many of them were more like scrolls than commonly found leather bound books you'd encounter above water. It seemed bound books were rare and nothing was like old letter-pressed books; they were all hand written.

While the crocodile-hide like leather books weren't common, they weren't light either. He'd probably end up only being able to take one of them because anymore would be too burdensome. If Cain and Caddigan continued their investigation into the food, most would just be dust which wouldn't glean much information even with the best scientific equipment. That hard loaf from earlier could work as well as any possibly preserved food in pots or even bones of animals that were consumed as meat.

The butcher shop was the only shop that seemed to really be damaged, but not from time or natural disaster. No, this looked like some wild animals had torn through here and most likely consumed whatever meat had been in here. There were shattered pots, butchering tools rusty and strewn about, aged bones left behind on the floor, and claw marks on the walls everywhere.

Jasper's Team - Housing to Cavern ( Tarmagon Tarmagon Birdsie Birdsie June Verles June Verles Noble Scion Noble Scion DergTheDergon DergTheDergon )
The choice was made for the team to try and follow the path of the creature that scratched out the mysterious message into the dwelling's wall. Si-woo and Lacily confirmed they heard his message, but nothing more. They would catch each other up when they re-grouped. The path would be a hard one to follow and only if you knew what to look for. The creature had obviously been thrashing within the house before bursting out and resulted in damage. However, once free it didn't have to claw its way around the city to reach wherever it was going.

If one looked carefully and closely enough though, the creature's claw did leave minor marks in the stone road as the back legs had pushed it forward with great strength. It hadn't gone through any sections of the city as though it had been trying to be careful, but through the main streets and soon it seemed like more scratches in the stone road increased displaying there was more than one creature.

This path would continue until the team would reach a large cavern opening that was carved decoratively at its entrance. These weren't words nor did they hold imagery of merfolk, but instead seemed to be carved with a diamond like pattern. Looking inside from the entrance, there was no glowing algae that lit up the city. The deeper in the darker it got to perfectly pitch black. There was no air flowing in nor out, meaning this wasn't going to lead them anywhere but deeper.

If the team were to bravely venture forth into the dark cavern, the further they went in they'd notice light would begin to reflect of crystals in the cavern walls; first small and over time and going deeper they would immensely increase in size. The air temperature here was very hot and humid compared to the cavern, making it a bit difficult to breath and going all the way into the cavern would be difficult, but the trail continued deeper and deeper into the cavern.

Caddigan_Pryce.png

"Agenda?" Caddy murmurs, mostly to himself, and feels his mouth curve into a crooked smile. So the scarecrow had a fun little backstory then! Color Caddy surprised! Cain had been eyeing those crystals pretty closely. The small one that was offered seemed to have garnered the other's full attention almost completely. To be outshined by a rock! Caddy had thought he himself would be compelling enough to keep the attention of most-

Cain's question brought the man back to reality and inquiries about tragic backstories or the quality of Caddy's charm would have to wait.
"Oh, sure thing. I'll give you the full tour." He chuckles, giving Cain a softer clap on the shoulder as he led them across the marketplace. Caddy had initially supposed that Cain had some sort of the structure, given that he was able to stand upright, but was surprised to have seen the other nearly collapse under his friendly gesture. Caddy would have to keep that in mind...

As they walked towards the center of the stalls, among the dust where the crystal was found, Caddy opens his arms outstretched towards the abandoned mess around him:
"Mister Cain Hawkins, I give you the finest selection of dust, debris, and crumbling bones in all of Shitty Atlantis!" He jests, motioning to the various dusty pots and deteriorated foods that lined the stalls.
"But let us not forget the star of the market!" He backs up to the cart where the loaf had landed, holding it up victoriously for the other to see.
"This is our signature big fucking rock! I think it used to be a loaf of focaccia...or sourdough... I can't really tell..." Caddy sighs, giving up the show. Even he couldn't make this interesting.

"Long story short: this place blows. I don't think we can find anything worthwhile here. And as much as I would love to sift through piles of old dirt with you, Cain Hawkins, I got my fair share of that during the Dust Bowl." He smiles, tucking the loaf under his arm and motioning towards the rest of the sacks sitting in the cart.
"Your pretty rock fell out of one of these. If they have magical properties, like you said, then I would think that maybe our little thief dabbled in the arcane part-time." Caddy un-sheaths his knife and makes a deep cut into the nearest bag, letting the dusty grains drain out onto the ground.
"Let's take a peek then, hm? Bringing back a handful of info-packed crystals sounds a lot more compelling than an old loaf of focaccia."

Last edited:

Cain Hawkins
-The Scarecrow-

cain_hawkins-png.484936
Cain followed silently behind Caddy as he was led further into the marketplace, the sheer size of this particular area still managing to astound the young magician. Never in a million years would he have ever even considered that a cavern of such magnitude could exist, let alone harbor life... at one point in time. Turning a few corners, Cain came to an abrupt stop behind Caddy as the fellow agent began his charade, the outstretched arms and sarcasm infused performance an attempt to make light of a dull situation.

As expected this part of the marketplace was no different than the others; debris, dust and the occasional pile of bones just like before could be found in almost every direction you looked. That being said, the sight of deteriorated foods lining the stalls as well as the cart containing old sacks of grain did reveal one thing. "Looking around the area and seeing all this abandoned food seems to imply that whomever used to live here did not plan on leaving... I doubt they would have left so much food laying about if their departure had been planned... however the lack of destruction excluding of course natural deterioration over time also implies as I suggested earlier, that there did not seem to be some kind of fight on a scale large enough to force an entire populace to flee.." Cain sighed and placed a palm to his forehead, all this thinking and theorising was starting to nurture a headache.

Through a gap between his fingers, Cain noticed Caddy motioning towards the rest of the sacks in the cart and the reason why Cain had wanted to come to this part of the marketplace in the first place. The first couple of sacks they had opened were meaningless, nothing but old grain, dust and wheat and it was looking more and more likely that the gem Caddy had found earlier was the only thing of worth in this entire area and if that were the case it would have really been a wasted journey to come this deep into the marketplace. A twinge of annoyance grew within Cain as every new sack he opened failed to materialise more of these crystal fragments, that was until the last sack; a smaller container that seemed to contain a grain similar in appearance to rice. As Cain emptied its contents onto the floor, a flash of red caught his eye momentarily before the resulting 'dust cloud' hid it once more. Eagerly, Cain rifled through the newest mountain of grain; his fingers eagerly prodding around for anything bigger then a grain of rice, until finally clenching around the harderned shell of the fragment. Using his free hand to block the body camera they all wore and glancing to his side, Cain waited for the moment Caddy's back was turned and quickly grabbed the gem; looking at it momentarily to confirm it was what he thought it was before quickly slipping it into his pocket.

"Well... that was my last sack... it seems you are right.. this is a dead end after all. Perhaps we should regroup with Agent Si-woo?" he suggested, dusting himself off.

Interaction: Fable Fable baddervibes baddervibes

Mara had remained silent after being ordered to gather the samples that had been taken. She was considerably content with just observing as she was clearly intrigued with what she was able to bear witness to down here, even if she had very little idea of what it all meant.

Her expression had wavered slightly as Lacily mentioned that whatever forced the Merfolk to leave had only affected them. Mara was hopeful that it had been something that couldn't possibly still exist down here today, so she remained quiet instead of commenting.

When they reached the bridge, she waited for her turn to cross. Unable to keep to herself any longer, she spoke up to no one in particular. "If they were being forced out of this place, for whatever reason it might've been, why... take the time to sever this connection while you're already rushing to leave?"

Fable Fable Epiphany Epiphany r e i r e i

sanguine_red-png.484942
Sang most certainly wanted to object to the magician's words, but she couldn't settle on a feasible argument aside from the fact that, whatever it was, combined with the crushing weight of the ocean above, was making her, Sang Red, afraid. Yet despite this, she said nothing, because after all the disgrace that had settled upon her name, honour was one of the last things she held on to.

All she had done had been for what she had deemed as right, and for her to admit her fear would nullify all that she had done, so instead, the demoness simply took a deep breath and sighed to herself as her weary eyes gazed at the trail of destruction that had been wrought on this barren city the seemed to be devoid of all life. "Let's just go." the woman grumbled, moving from the back of the group to the front, past the others as she barely concealed the shake in her legs.

If someone of her lineage was to face something they feared, she was going to overcome it, and it was simply best to do that sooner, rather than later.

"Curse this bloody feeling... The Nephilims devised water just to spite me." The demon spat to the ground before her, hitting the ground with a strange confliction of courage and terror as her voice attempted to portray one, yet felt the other. The words were simply for aiding in the conversion process of fear to anger, which had become something of a coping mechanism for her since her life had been ruined by the decisions she refused to admit as dishonourable and incorrect.
Birdsie Birdsie Tarmagon Tarmagon DergTheDergon DergTheDergon June Verles June Verles

Quinn-Johnson.png
"Looks like a place where a shoggoth would live," Quinn remarked quietly, though in a voice that felt as fearless as it was clueless.

Feeling the hot and humid air wash over her, Quinn shivered violently like a corpse that had been defibrillated. Quite unpleasant, as she preferred colder environments. Even the arctic was fine. Humid and cold, that was her piece of bread.

Then, Sang mentioned something bizarre. "You don't like water? Also, I never knew Nephilims created it! That's pretty awesome, how did they figure it out? I really have to thank these Nephilims for the seas and oceans! Where do they live?" Quinn threw her questions and statements, oblivious to Sang's inner turmoil.

Tarmagon Tarmagon June Verles June Verles Noble Scion Noble Scion DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Fable Fable

#savesmited

[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait]
33JZugo.png
[/div][div class=statusText]Location: On the move
Interaction: Lacily, Mara, Calliea
Tags: r e i r e i StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Fable Fable [/div][/div][div class=title]Maia Sarif[/div][div class=text]Maia smiled approvingly at Lacily. Beyond being the more qualified agent, the other woman clearly had a head for exploration and seemingly good experience in doing so. Exactly what a team of junior agents needed in an unfamiliar situation like this. "I keep hoping we'll see signs, books, writing of some kind. Even if it's a language we don't know, if we can find records or take pictures, hopefully a translation team can make sense of things and tell us more. An archeologist could spend decades investigating this place and only have theories. Hearing from the people themselves, even if it's only after the fact through their own written testimony, would do wonders for us."

Maia dutifully continued to record as the city gave way to spacious homes and finally nothing but field, followed by yet more water surrounding the central palace or whatever it was. She looked interested in the architecture, and in the maze of paths and bridges but her eyes held little understanding; this was well outside her usual realm of experience.

With Lacily setting the pace and the path, Maia obediently followed in her footsteps where possible. Even over the ice. Gorgons didn't like water and liked the cold even less but thankfully winters in the United States had given her experience with ice at least. As had years spent raising two children, both of whom enjoyed ice-skating at one point. Gingerly, she stepped across the newly-formed block of ice.

Mara's question was a good one. Maia had no answer for it. So she shrugged and said "Perhaps we'll find a record of some kind in that building."[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#5e757c; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #262626; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #5e757c; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

Caddigan_Pryce.png
Location: Market Place >>> Book Shop | Interactions: Phayne Phayne Fable Fable

Caddy wipes his hands on his wetsuit as he looks over the mess they had made: not a pretty rock in sight. He sweeps his hair back, scratches his temple, and figures that he had probably just gotten lucky the first time around. There wasn't anything else they could really do, having searched the market from top to bottom, but join Si-woo in dusting off old tomes. Fun.
"I suppose we should. Seems like we've hit a dead-end here." He smiles, albeit defeatedly, as he motions for Cain to follow him towards the book shop.

Caddy eyes the butcher shop as they pass by, noting that it seemed to be the only area that had been affected by another outside force. It was hard to tell at a distance, but it seemed that scavengers had come and rifled through what was left. He doubted there would be anything worthwhile to bring back: probably just more dust and bones. He was, however, more intrigued by what sort of creatures would be roaming through underwater caverns in search of prey. Caddy wasn't quite sure, but he envisions a shark with legs running through the marketplace spreading havoc and has to stifle a snort.

It didn't take long for the two of them to reach the store's entrance and find Si-woo sifting through a stack of books and scrolls. Caddy waves his petrified loaf in greeting and steps through the threshold:
"Terrific news! Cain and I found the lost civilization taking a long nap amongst the dust and rubble of the marketplace! Who would have thought." He announces, vaulting himself over the store counter and landing with a loud 'thud'.

"They were a lovely group! Absolute sweethearts! They were ever so grateful that we had come to wake them up. So grateful, in fact, that they crowned us both as the kings of this darling little city. We're deciding on a new name for the place, Agent Si-woo. Do you prefer New New Jersey or Soggy Pennsylvania?" Caddy laughs, leaning onto the old counter and resting his head in his hands.

Last edited:
xaira_werveyn-png.484944
Xaira found welcome reprieve from her observation of the harrowing-to-witness damage to this place in hearing Jasper come over the intercom, contacting the other teams to inform them of their progress, the team leaders quick to radio back their acknowledgement. She found herself looking over the mage with deep respect for a moment, smiling as his sheer professionalism brought a fond thought to mind: ‘He’s a fucking natural… it’s like he’s not a greenhorn like me, but he is. He’s amazing.’ Her cheeks coloring slightly, the Dragoness found herself turning away, glad that the dim lighting down here likely made it difficult to discern that she’d been blushing, and bidding herself to focus on the mission for now. Afterwards, the two of them would be able to pick up where they’d left off earlier in the common room. Xaira had definitely felt a spark then, and the thought made her smile warmly as she then nodded and began to follow agent Tiegs as he ordered the team to move out again. “Aye aye captain,” she said, then moving to head out alongside him at a brisk pace, effectively heading up the group as by now she’d decided she was going to keep them all safe no matter what.

Glancing back toward Sang as the demoness murmured angrily before being accosted by the eager Quinn, Xaira found herself wishing she could cheer Ms. Red up a bit. Quinn’s line of questioning was likely only going to serve as a further aggregator to the poor woman. The sheer gloom surrounding her, such only seeming to deepen as the team kept investigating, kept Xaira from trying to appeal to her for now. Perhaps when all was said and done, even though the woman would likely return to her usual unapproachable demeanor, she'd see what she could do. Seeing her like this made Xaira feel as though she should at least try to be more than a stranger to her, as whether she’d admit it or not, Xaira could see that Sang would likely benefit from a true friend. That would be an endeavor for another time, however, so Xaira found herself refocusing on the ruins in her immediate surroundings. If Quinn kept pushing her, however, Xaira likely would try to divert the strange being’s attention away somehow. It seemed that she (they, it? Likely genderless, even though the concept was difficult for the Dragoness to wrap her head around) was easily made curious and interested in a variety of things, after all, if her current preoccupation was any hint to that.

She noticed something she found odd after a few moments of trying to follow the marks. “Huh…. there isn’t really an obvious track of claw marks or the like to follow, not like in that building,” she remarked. Just as she was about to say she had no idea where the thing could have possibly gone, she began to notice a few rather subtle marks on the ground in front of her. “Although…. There’s definitely a few marks every few feet that seem to somewhat match with those all over the inside of that building.” She shivered as she thought about the mess that place had been, before refocusing herself.

After a while of following a trail of small marks that seem to almost come to a stop before someone thankfully found more, leading through what looked to be the main roads of this area, they suddenly began to find a LOT more marks in the ancient stone, more than one creature seemed capable of producing in this pattern. ‘Woah… looks like there were a lot of these creatures… maybe they were why the Mer up and left like they seemed to, or… somehow these things made them all… disappear themselves.” A shiver ran down her spine as the thought crossed her mind and lips simultaneously, before once again she set her mind on the task of following this trail and keeping a lookout for more signs of these things having traversed the area, whatever they were.
Tarmagon Tarmagon Noble Scion Noble Scion Birdsie Birdsie

Last edited:
full
"That would be a fair point Agent Quinn," Jasper replied in a reasonable voice, "If there were any evidence that someone or something actually died here. It appears more that something was inside and wanted out. I'm leaning more towards some type of transformation, rather than something breaking in to wreak havoc. Note that the marks are trying to get out, not in. Also, consider the time-frame. I know you are not used to considering things on a human scale, but this happened a long time ago. I think we should be safe enough."

The little group reformed outside of the dwelling, and the arduous task of following the faint signs the creature had left began. Xaira moved up beside Jasper with a jaunty 'Aye aye captain,' that made Jasper grin, though he carefully hid it from the eager dragonkin. If Xaira could learn to temper her draconic impulsiveness she would make a fine field agent. She proved her worth in the current situation, helping him spot the small scratches that the unknown creature's claws left in the stone of the roadway. It was almost as though the thing were avoiding the more densely populated areas, as though trying to minimize its damage. That spoke of an intelligence at odds with the frenzy of destruction in the original dwelling. Stranger and stranger.

Jasper's attention was distracted from the trail by a mutter from Sang and Quinn's reply as Sang moved up to the van of the little party.

"Curse this bloody feeling... The Nephilims devised water just to spite me."

"You don't like water? Also, I never knew Nephilims created it! That's pretty awesome, how did they figure it out? I really have to thank these Nephilims for the seas and oceans! Where do they live?"

"Sang," Jasper said, his voice firm, but laced with compassion. "Fall back a little if you please. Xaira and I have the best vision for this work. I know this environment makes you uncomfortable, hellfires, it makes me uncomfortable, but we have a job to do. I trust your professionalism and bravery or you wouldn't be here. There's nothing for you to prove to anyone here, and working yourself up into a temper will blunt your perceptions and reactions. Agent Quinn, I think perhaps you need to take a refresher lesson on coping mechanisms and speech patterns. Agent Sang's words were not literal truth..."

Jasper would have said more, but Xaira brought his attention back to the trail they were following.

‘Woah… looks like there were a lot of these creatures… maybe they were why the Mer up and left like they seemed to, or… somehow these things made them all… disappear themselves.”

"Got to agree with you there," Jasper said, taking in the myriad of claw marks. As they moved ahead, the number of marks continued to increase, making Jasper wonder if every creature had been the result of a transformation, how much of the population had changed, and what had happened to any who hadn't. His musing were cut short as they broke out of the housing district proper, finding themselves near a cavern wall with a large opening surrounded by decorative carvings. Unlike the rest of the carvings, these were simple geometric patterns with a diamond motif. The light from the glowing growths didn't penetrate into the darkness beyond the portal, and there didn't appear to be any source of light within.

"Looks like a place where a shoggoth would live," Quinn remarked quietly.

"That would be, unpleasant." Jasper replied. "We'll check it out, but we're not going too deep."

Keying his radio, Jasper informed the other teams of their discovery and his intent to investigate further, then the little group moved ahead, their lights probing the darkness like questing spears. The air here was still, hot, and humid, and the darkness outside of their lights absolute. After a minute or two of walking, glimmers of light began to appear as their beams swept the walls. A close examination revealed crystals of some unknown mineral, which the team sampled before moving on. The deeper they went, the larger the crystals became, and the hotter and wetter the air. Finally Jasper called a halt.

"This isn't an environment we're equipped for," he said to the team, who were all showing some signs of being affected by the heat and humidity. "The tracks may go deeper, but we're not. Let's turn this around. I'm all about finding answers, but our safety comes first. Up and out."

Once the team had regained the relatively more hospitable environment of the main cavern Jasper told everyone to take a quick break, then dug into his bag. The entrance to the dark cavern was paving stone, so a piece of chalk would do. Working quickly, he inscribed a line of runic characters across the entire entrance, then backed up a few paces and repeated the entire process. Stepping forward to the first line, he knelt and muttered a few words under his breath, touching a finger to one of the runes. The entire line flared into blue light before fading down into the stone. Stepping back to the second line, he repeated his actions, resulting in another flare of light that seemingly sank into the stone.

"I'm probably wasting my time here," he said, standing and dusting his knees off, "But better safe than sorry. Anything coming out through this arch will trigger a warning that I should feel anywhere within the caverns. Let's head back to the housing area and start checking for any more houses that have damage or written materials. We'll concentrate on the more affluent seeming ones for now."

As the group began to head back towards the houses, Jasper keyed his radio.

"Housing team reporting. Environmental factors precluded penetration of the new cavern more than a hundred yards or so. Rising temperatures and humidity point towards active vulcanism, making further explorations problematical without specialized gear. There is evidence that a large number of unknown creatures descended further into the cavern than we were capable of. Returning to investigation of the housing area."

June Verles June Verles Birdsie Birdsie DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Noble Scion Noble Scion Fable Fable
(Nope, not going into the dark, dank, sweltering cavern.)

Exploring the City 5

Lacily's Team - Heading to the 'Palace' ( Epiphany Epiphany StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 r e i r e i )
"Maybe whatever made them leave caused whoever was back here to stay. This is one of the farthest points from where we entered the city so they perhaps were trying to halt whatever caused this result. We'll probably discover more inside because if they closed themselves off like this, well... if they never managed to escape I can only imagine we are going to find remains. You also have a point Maia, this is whole new merfolk territory. We've never been able to locate any merfolk cities before and it seems enough generations have gone by that they've practically forgotten all their lore and legends. This discovery is very important."

Lacily looked on it awe and the gigantic building. It must have taken a very long time to have carved out this building and all the details. She took out a better camera than her body cam and paused for a moment to film everything, turning in a circle and then gliding the lens over the entirety of the building trying to get as much detail as possible. For all they knew they might be the last team to be in here. She put the camera back into her bag before cautious proceeding through the yawning opening of the building that would've allow an ancient giant to enter without any problems.

"I don't think this was a palace," Lacily commented. "There isn't a throne and it's way too... open. It's not secure. I think this might have been a temple perhaps." The first room was completely circular and open with cracked balcony paths of different floors that didn't seem entirely stable if they had wanted to explore them. Going up wasn't an option it seemed for safety reasons. The walls of the first floor room were entirely embedded with the writing that seemed to be the common tongue of this civilization.

"Scan the walls as best as you can, all of us so if someone misses something the others will hopefully catch it. We need this to be complete as possible," Lacily ordered as she took out her camera once more and began filming, slowly walking at a distance to try and capture as much as she could. "I don't see any remains here," she commented.

Mara and Maia investigate of the writing on the walls would lead them to two dark hallways hidden behind large pillars on opposite sides of the room. At the of one it seems to have collapsed but the other looked safe to enter. Mara would feel a strange tug to go down this direction, past all the abandoned rooms which held decaying scrolls and furniture to the very end of the hall till they reached a wall. It felt like there was something behind it, calling.

Lacily hears a staticky call over the radio from Jasper about having to turn back due to environmental hazards. "Understood, we've reached the temple and are documenting what we can. The floors here on the upper levels don't seem safe, so we're sticking to the first floor for now."

Si-woo's Team - Market ( Phayne Phayne Lexielai Lexielai baddervibes baddervibes )
Si-woo shook his head with Caddigan returned with sarcastic comments. "I'm fairly certain no lost civilization would be interested in conversing with you," he commented. "Now stop fooling around please. Grab whatever scrolls look interesting and secure them, properly, so that we can bring them back as undamaged as possible. Since you've decided to go behind the counter, you get to check out the whatever is behind the door. Cain I have a different task for you, go see if you can locate a clothing shop. If there are any articles of clothing just grab something so the material can be analyzed. Be sure to document the rest of the items with your body cam at least as well."

In the storeroom were more scrolls and books, though it was terribly unorganized. It was fairly dark, but the glow from outside showed a opened in one of the walls, just a medium sized hole that someone could have easily crawled through. It didn't seem like anything had been looted from in here, but one would have really needed to be familiar with the stock to even tell given the mess it was back here. While it wasn't a large room, it was big enough to contain a few shelves and all of them stocked. There was a strange sound coming from deeper into the room in a dark corner, like some kind of small critter was chewing on something.

The clothing shop was - like all the rest - stocked with goods that were left untouched except by years of dust and decay. The fabric over time had degraded somewhat, but was mostly intact. The clothing here was what one would have worn in a year-round tropical climate and it didn't seem that pants were a thing here. It seemed the clothing was really just a single large piece of cloth that wrapped around the body. There were dyed in a variety of colors, but nothing like tie-dye, just singular colors. There were more decorative ones that were embroidered with designs, probably making them more expensive than the plain ones. Shoes were simple as well, being nothing more than a sole with leather straps to secure them and again with more decorative options in a different part of the store.

Jasper's Team - Housing ( Tarmagon Tarmagon Birdsie Birdsie June Verles June Verles Noble Scion Noble Scion DergTheDergon DergTheDergon )
The upper-class dwellings were vastly larger in size compared to the single room dwellings of the poor. Everything was ornate and decorated, from the use of columns and indoor fountains to even usages of a materials that seemed almost like tile mosaics but seemed to be made of gemstone. There were tapestries, mirrors, and carved furniture with pillows. Kitchens were stocked with fancy dinner and tableware and there were even servant quarters. Bedrooms were not lacking either though some beds showed signs of never being made which meant that the servants were possibly unable to attend to their duties.

While these homes had much in regards to material wealth, only a handful of them had studies where large amounts of scrolls and books were stored. There was one house in particular that looked as though someone had been busy searching for something as the study was a mess. There were scrolls and books everywhere and left in place on the floor, on tables, chairs, and the desk. Some scrolls on the desk had been held open by paper weights and it looked as though they had been writing something down. Comparing it to other scrolls on the desk showed the handwriting was most likely the same, but the opened scroll that seemed the newest had been written in haste and left.

As Lacily mentioned the potential for the structure to be a temple, she grew even more intrigued. “Nothing is really known about Merfolk culture or believes...” She added, mostly to herself. The potential to find something telling was incredibly compelling.

To say Mara was fascinated by the architecture would be an understatement. Not hesitating when asked to begin examining the walls with the various writings. It wasn’t until she noticed the dark hallway that she paused, about to move on for now when she felt a slight tug in its direction, as if urging her to come towards it. At first she wasn’t sure what to make of it, assuming her mind was playing with her... until the feeling grew much more distinct the more she followed it.

“Lacily...” Mara called out. Her tone conveyed her distraction as she began to move down the hall, unable to help herself.

Fable Fable Epiphany Epiphany r e i r e i

Caddigan_Pryce.png
Location: Storage Room (Book Shop) | Interactions: Phayne Phayne Fable Fable

Caddigan's smile drops and is replaced with a look of discontent. Can't get anyone to crack a smile around here, huh? He hoped that the rest of the team members were a little more cheery or, at the very least, could take a joke.
"You're no fun." He grumbles to Si-woo, before turning to face the door behind him.
A hand reaches out to twist the knob and the storage room opens with a whiny creak from old wood and rusted hinges. Caddy winces at the sound, turns to say something witty to Cain, but quickly shuts it after a moment's thought. Is it really worth it to crack a joke if no one's there to smile at it? Instead, he gives the scarecrow a bored shrug before slinking into the darkness.

It was dim in the room, getting darker as you went further in, but Caddy's sight worked well enough to make out a mess of scriptures and scrolls. Some were bound up tight with twine while others were unfurled with their texts laid bare: though Caddy couldn't make out what language it was written in. He feels his foot hit something heavy and he grunts from the unexpected pain. Just at his feet, amongst all the mess, was a large bound book. It was roughly the size of and dictionary with a thick leather cover and heavy paper. A black leather strap wraps itself around the tome, brandishing a small lock at the front, and that was enough to pique Caddy's interest.
"That's quite the diary..." He chuckled to himself before bending over to pick it up.

He pauses suddenly, hand hovering over the binding, as his ears picking up something from one of the dark corners room. Instinctively reaching for his crossbow, Caddy squints at the soft glow of an opening towards the back: big enough to let something inside without him noticing. The hopes of the noise coming from another person was low, so Caddy was placing his bets on something a bit smaller. Perhaps a ravenous sea monster or a vengeful Cthulhu?...A girl can dream, can't she?
"Something's back here with me." Caddy radios back to Si-woo in a hushed whisper.
"And I'm really hoping for a ghost or ghoul or something." He laughs, pulling out his crossbow and advancing further in to investigate.

Last edited:
calliea_ru-png.484937
Calliea heard Mara over the com. She knew she wasn't supposed to leave her post but she knew that Mara or Maia could be in trouble. She silently apologized to Lacily and ran to where the girls were. She looked down the hall, seeing Mara already down quite far. "Ms. Mara, you should probably walk back now. " She mumbles softly walking down the same hallway. After not hearing Mara start to walk back. She took out her bo staff. She started to hear mumbles more and more she walked down the hallway.

"Ms. Lacily....you should probably come here..." She declared in the coms. She then kept walking trying to stop Mara from going forward.

location: underwater cavern 'palace' tags: StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Fable Fable Epiphany Epiphany inventory: bo staff, and her backpack. and the equipment given to her.

xaira_werveyn-png.484944
Xaira found herself a bit surprised when Jasper decided to chime in over Quinn’s idle ramblings, but perhaps it was the same part of his nature that seemed to make him a natural born leader to the Dragoness’s eyes.

Jasper’s grin in response to the Dragoness’s exuberant affirmative was contagious, her own smile holding a little hint of a flirty lip bite, just enough to hopefully leave him guessing, or more likely in Xaira’s past experience, make her intentions blatantly obvious. She’d feel like it’s a mission accomplished either way.

Xaira was glad that Jasper chose to try and salvage the predicament Red found herself in, opting to tell the Demoness to fall back a little whilst trying to reassure her and offering Quinn a diversion from the prospect of continuing to likely unknowingly pester Ms. Red any further.

As the group approached the mouth of the cavern, Xaira felt a little relieved, actually. as at first, the heat was welcome. It wasn't long before it began to feel uncomfortable, and combined with the sheer heaviness of the air down here, it was hard to even breathe. Just as the dragoness was about to raise her concerns to Jasper,however, the Mage himself ordered them to turn back. Half of Xiara felt relieved, of course, but the other almost disappointed. Who knows what secrets may have lied down there that they could’ve unearthed if they were better-equipped for dealing with the environment change, if it was simple at all to prepare for, that is.

“Good call JT. Still, I can't help but feel like we need to have it investigated as soon and thoroughly as possible, if we even have the means. I feel like there's going to be a lot of clues as to what happened here down there...” She decided not to also voice the clear possibility of there also being hostile creatures down there that would just love to make the place even more dangerous for the group. As much as she felt that there had to be a veritable treasure trove of valuable intel down there, she supposed it likely wasn’t worth the myriad risks.

As Jasper gave the okay to take a bit of a breather, Xaira gladly obliged and sat down criss-cross, stretching a bit and suddenly realizing just how sore she was from the exertion and fatigue of simply being down here. She had a feeling that she’d have a bit of a rough time down here; low altitudes had always been rough on her people, and they were a long ways beneath sea level now, lower than she’d ever travelled before. This job was definitely more rigorous is ways she hadn’t expected than in ways she had thus far, but she was still glad to be here, especially after all just four of the investigation team’s members alone had found.

After they’d all rested up a bit, the next logical course of action seemed to be to investigate the upper class housing. Xaira found herself a bit excited again, in fact, as who knows what kinds of knowledge and artifacts the wealthy may have left behind? They’d found so much in what seemed to be the equivalent of a slum, after all.

As Xaira set about documenting the interiors of a few of the mansions, she found herself amazed at how regal and fancy a few of the rooms still looked after all these years, complete with a sort of tiling that seemed to be made of some sort of precious stones. Her kind’s hoarding instincts as they were, she had half a mind to nab a few of the most expensive-looking items held therein, but didn’t fancy the possibility of losing her job over stealing priceless artifacts, which she was pretty sure was a rather likely possibility. She sated herself with bagging and tagging a handful intact pieces of jewelry, decorative engraved items and the like.

After a while of searching, she came upon a different kind of treasure trove: a study in which there seemed to be quite a few intact books and scrolls. Carefully (yet rather excitedly) she continued her field day. She could get used to ‘less exciting’ missions like this one, she found herself thinking, realizing all of a sudden that she’d found quite a bit of excitement here after all. For now, she busied herself with ensuring that she’d gotten as many valuable artifacts from the area as possible while also making sure that she didn’t stray far from the rest of the group.
Fable Fable Tarmagon Tarmagon

Cain Hawkins
-The Scarecrow-

cain_hawkins-png.484936
Before having the chance to announce their arrival, the more talkative of the pair had taken the role for himself, the sarcasm in his remarks as obvious as the sun shining in the sky above. In many instances as such it would have been an opportune time for Cain to place palm to face as Caddigan continued his charade. 'New New Jersey... really...', thought Cain who found the suggestion to be rather ironic; the irony being that this lost city clearly existed before the current New Jersey. If anything it would have been called 'Old Jersey or Old New Jersey' yet rather then voicing his thoughts and joining the 'fool' in his antics he instead remained silent.

Cains face remained as expressionless as ever as Si-Woo joked with Caddigan, though the humor was not lost on the scarecrow who inwardly laughed at the comment. "A clothings shop?...if you insist" replied Cain, turning to leave the room. He wasn't sure as to the importance of such a task, what significance could the attire attained from a clothing outlet have in comparison to what clothing items they could find if they continued their search into the housing district. The latter of which would have allowed them to have a much broader search instead of specifically looking at the garments this ancient civilisation used to wear.

Leaving, Cain exited the building they were in and began to scour the streets for anything that resembled a Clothing Store.​

Interaction: Fable Fable baddervibes baddervibes

sanguine_red-png.484942
Sang simply ignored the creepy child and its strange mannerism, ignoring its mockery of her and her figure of speech, listened to the words of the mage with a hint of anger at being bossed around, despite being somewhat glad that someone was taking the charge of entering the abyss before them, and begrudgingly shuffled behind the mage, still as pale-faced as before. She found the refusal to head onward mildly infuriating and resorted to thinking about her past gloom to avoid embarrassing herself and attempting to argue in her current feeble state.
Birdsie Birdsie Tarmagon Tarmagon DergTheDergon DergTheDergon June Verles June Verles

full
As the little team began to explore the upper class housing, Jasper couldn't help but notice that some of the members seemed a little more affected by their brief trip down into the sweltering lower cavern than others, and seemed to be having a hard time shaking off the effects.

"This is Tiegs," Jasper said as he keyed his radio. "Some team members seem to be suffering unexpected negative effects from the heat and humidity of the lower tunnel. Request permission to evacuate affected personnel back to our egress point for evaluation and support. Will send all artifacts acquired with any personnel retreating. If team is reduced to two members, we will proceed to rendezvous with another team, or continue explorations as instructed by higher. Please advise."

June Verles June Verles Noble Scion Noble Scion DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Fable Fable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back