• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom SMITE: A Throne Left Empty

DiamondJack

Most Call Me Jack
I'm aware that there is currently lore being released for SMITE that will clear up the death of Zeus in the cannon, but I would like to explore a different direction, so here we go with some edited history of the lore:

Zeus has been slain. The Trickster Loki took the King of the Gods' life and claimed the Master Bolt for himself. Though the wise Athena eventually hunted the killer down, it was far too late to stop Loki's plan. The bolt was used to break Fenrir's chains and Ragnarok began. This left the gods scattered and trying to put out fires where they could. In the meanwhile Hades claimed the throne of Olympus and harnessed the power of Ragnarok itself. This caused a small coalition of gods to form together and take down Hades, Fenrir, and whatever else the Lord of the Underworld had for them. Bellona, Horus, Athena, Mercury, and Freya fought through Hades' legions and slew him. That just left Fenrir to deal with. The wolf easily defeated four of the gods, but ultimately fell to Bellona's blade. This left Bellona in the ruins of Olympus alone. She was the obvious choice to replace Zeus as the leader of the gods, but she declined. She was a warrior, not a queen. This of course left Olympus in disarray, but the worst was yet to come.

The conflict with Fenrir had awoken Jormungandr. The World Serpent rampaged through the mortal world and drew the attention of the deified heroes King Arthur and Merlin. The battle was legendary but with the help of Merlin's magi Arthur drove Excalibur through the head of Jormangandr, saving the mortal world.

While this was happening the villainous Set slew Osiris in cold blood, hoping to establish himself as the leading contender for the throne of the gods. Set's plot was thwarted by Ra and a recovering Horus and the would-be king was sent packing. This left a power vacuum on Olympus. Osiris, who was supposed to take the throne, was now dead. Bellona, who was the choice of the gods, did not want the throne. King Arthur, who was the worshipers' chosen, was not accepted by the rest of the gods.

Our story begins as we join the gods in disarray. You, player, will take on the role of one of the many gods. Will you vie for power? Will you help choose the best leader? Will you battle for worshipers in the aftermath of Ragnarok? The choice is yours.

I hope you guys like the concept, You can play any god within the SMITE universe(I will also hear cases for gods not within the established cannon of SMITE) save for the following:
Zeus
Bellona
King Arthur
Merlin
Hades
Loki
Fenrir
Jormungandr
Osiris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back