• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Slice of life with monsters

honeyglitter

I'm gonna start this by saying that this roleplay was inspired by anime/manga called Everyday life with monster girls.
Basically monsters have always existed, but goverments have kept it a secret until they worked out a bill with monsters (that will be referred as liminal species for the rest of this thread) that ensured peaceful co-existence. After this liminal species and humans have started to mingle more together and to help this process they started the Cultural Exchange Program.

''Operating in the same manner as typical international cultural exchange programs, the Cultural Exchange Program allows humans to be sent to experience life within the cultures of other extra-species, while members of those cultures have also been invited to experience life in the human world. Traditionally, members under this program are select as and treated as "diplomatic representatives" of their respective species.'' - Taken from the fandom wiki

In this specific case a member of liminal species has been sent to live with a human. These would be our characters. I would prefer playing as the liminal species, but I'm okay with us both having a monster character. We can either both play as the human or have more than one of them.

Here are few plot bunnies I've come up with (honestly these are basically from the manga, but I like them):
  • You had applied to the cultural exchange program hoping for a cute liminal species member. Maybe one of the animal eared ones or a fairy! Instead in front of you stands a spider. This girl is member of arachne species that are half human and half spiders. Definitely not what you wanted. (I have a specific character in mind for this one)
    • For this one I'm looking for more angst. The characters find themselves in uncomfortable situation and they're not sure how to get out of it. Maybe the human has been gloating to all their friends that they're part of this program and that they're surely going to get an awesome species living with them. Arachne girl on the other hand is in the human world for the first time in her life and anxious about how this is going to go. / Preferably no romance for this plot. I would like to see the characters grow and learn to accept each other and have sibling-like bond in the end.
  • Someone messed up their paperwork and now you're stuck with a lamia in your home. It's going to take some time for the officials to fix this mess and they don't have other place to put this lamia so the coordinator had begged you to take them in.
    • Some silly slice of life. Characters could either stay as friends or have slowly budding romance between them.
  • You work at a farm and sometime ago a centaur started living with the owner as part of the program. You really want to ride them and ask about it one day. They get very flustered thinking that you wish to marry them.
    • More silly slice of life, but in farm setting! This could go either way romance-wise and I just thought it would be cute.
Now that I've written all that stuff down here's some info about me:
  • I usually write a paragraph, but I'm always trying to improve.
  • I'm +18 so I would prefer other adults, but I don't mind too much if you're a teen
  • We can rp either in forums or pms
  • I try to answer few times a day, but sometimes I only answer once a day
  • I only use original/fandom characters.
  • Most of my characters are either women or nonbinary, but I can write men too.
Pm or comment if you'd like to plot with me :D

Hello, I'm interested in some slice of life, and have various characters such as: mermaid, centaur, and sphinx. Kind of interested in the centaur one on a farm XD I can have both male or female characters, and fine with a budding romance, or just friendship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back