• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Slice of life.... PRIMITIVE style??

I would do what you want to do xpstitch xpstitch it's your roleplay. I think we could do Native Americans, or we could do something completely different, like a custom made tribe that has a fusion of different cultures. I guess when I thought of Indians, I thought maybe Plains Indians or Forest Indians on the east coast before the British settlers came over.

We can have a plot centered around the island proper, if you want. It could be anything as simple as the tribal youth preparing for a coming of age ceremony (maybe they have to get through the jungle together?) or even something like pirates discovering the island after a deadly storm or whatever.

Well.. Obviously I'd need to ask everybody else but perhaps we could do a lord of the flies type thing with people trapped on the island? Or perhaps more of a modern type kingdom hearts type thing where it's a voluntary island community. That would of course, change the genre altogether however. It wouldn't be quite PRIMITIVE anymore now would it?

Well.. Obviously I'd need to ask everybody else but perhaps we could do a lord of the flies type thing with people trapped on the island? Or perhaps more of a modern type kingdom hearts type thing where it's a voluntary island community. That would of course, change the genre altogether however. It wouldn't be quite PRIMITIVE anymore now would it?
It doesn't need to be a plot that takes away from the primitive aspect or slice of life. If you want the rp to be just everyone fishing on an island together, it's up to you. I like the primitive tropical island setting. I just wouldn't be able to join something that had no goal in mind. Do whatever you want. Just decide on something.

It doesn't need to be a plot that takes away from the primitive aspect or slice of life. If you want the rp to be just everyone fishing on an island together, it's up to you. I like the primitive tropical island setting. I just wouldn't be able to join something that had no goal in mind. Do whatever you want. Just decide on something.
it'd be better if we started off introducing the characters, their lives, relationships and culture then create a goal in character. All this OOC planning kind of takes away from the entertainment and suprise because it is preplanned. We put together a setting, introduce our characters then create conflict from there with no OOC influence. Have our characters set regular goals, then someone will decide to set a goal that conflicts with another's goal, drama starts. Everything will arise from that.

Well, if you look at what my title says, it says slice of life. Slice of life shows, series and rps don't really have an ending. Well... I SUPPOSE since it's slice of LIFE, it could theoretically be said to end once all the characters have died. Or they move out of town. Or they get their own series/show.

You can have a slice of life RP and have it have a plot. I sort of agree with everyone else, RP is basically writing a story, but instead of having complete control, you just control one character. I see a lot of things you could do with this, maybe a bunch of young people go do a coming of age trial, or maybe a plane crashes on the coast of the island or near where ever the tribe is and the tribe has to help these modern people survive. Or maybe the land where the tribe lives stops growing good crops, so they have to make a journey to find better land or a better island that has plenty of resources. There's a lot you can do.

Okay. So my final offer for an rp seems to be a sort of meet the crudes type thing. We can't seem to decide on anything solid so I'm choosing what I think would be a good option.

We are a tribe of primitive peoples who may have once had our own way of doing things back on our own native land. But the rules of this world demand that we move territories a lot because each piece of land we go tends to get destroyed by a phenomenon after some time of us living there. Each time we move in order to outrun the phenomenon, we must learn to adapt to a new way of life. We travel the world in order to outrun the destructive phenonmenon. Eventually the phenomena will chase us to the very last territory left on earth, but it turns out, the territories are restored in a cyclical fashion. When the last territory is to be destroyed, the next in the cycle will have refreshed so that we can live in it again. Meaning we can return to our very own first homeland. The theme of the rp is learning to adapt to new issues, learning new things, the meaning of home, and family.

Who's in for this final idea? And who's not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back