• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Slice of life.... PRIMITIVE style??

xpstitch

Loser
Hi. I don't know if this idea has been done before. But how about a slice of life kind of rp, except with a primitive society. Meaning tribal.

I don't quite know what tribe/region. I can be flexible about that. I was thinking perhaps Polynesian islands? Idk.

Please tell me if you would be okay with rping eating coconuts and just relaxing and stuff like that. Swimming in the turquoise waters of a paradise tropical island. Please tell me sombody would like that.

Last edited:
xpstitch xpstitch This has kinda caught my eye a little but
What if there were multiple tribes based on different ancient cultures around the world even though there's no realistic way they could all exist in one spot

xpstitch xpstitch This has kinda caught my eye a little but
What if there were multiple tribes based on different ancient cultures around the world even though there's no realistic way they could all exist in one spot
I'd be down I guess. It's just that no one else has shown any interest

I'd be down I guess. It's just that no one else has shown any interest
Maybe we could do a 1x1 where our characters are from two different tribes and discover each other through a vaguely magic portal connecting their lands.

Maybe we could do a 1x1 where our characters are from two different tribes and discover each other through a vaguely magic portal connecting their lands.
LOL no. This is realism rp. I like the primitive idea however. Maybe we can create 2 tribes, assign leaders then they can create the tribes' customs and culture for the story and everyone else chooses a side.
I would say let's have them war, but that is cliche and would be better if it came about ICly rather through our planning. Perhaps the two tribes would be close enough to where they trade frequently and we can develop the events from there IC.

LOL no. This is realism rp. I like the primitive idea however. Maybe we can create 2 tribes, assign leaders then they can create the tribes' customs and culture for the story and everyone else chooses a side.
I would say let's have them war, but that is cliche and would be better if it came about ICly rather through our planning. Perhaps the two tribes would be close enough to where they trade frequently and we can develop the events from there IC.
It's just one fantasy element. And stuff that takes place in ancient tribal settings always has some sort of spiritual/mysticism thing going on.

I kind of like doodlebob doodlebob 's idea where there's two tribes. Maybe they're on neutral terms with each other at first and trade regularly. North American Indians would be neat, Polynesians would be neat too.

I would hope not. Doodlebob himself said it was cliche
damn roight i did baby.
I kind of like doodlebob doodlebob 's idea where there's two tribes. Maybe they're on neutral terms with each other at first and trade regularly. North American Indians would be neat, Polynesians would be neat too.
I'd like to do native american indians.
doodlebob doodlebob YAY! I didn't think anybody else would be interested.
Interested because I kinda practice primitive skills for fun.

Okay so we've got two people who want Native Americans. Anybody else got any input? I DO have a question though. Are we talking PLAINS Indians on horseback, or are we talking more like Seminole Indians? We talking about a coastal culture or do we mean more like the sedentary Navajo?

Why can't we all just be from the same tribe? It would make more sense for them to be friends hanging out if they were from the same village.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back