• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Slice of Life Families | 1x1 with Drama and Doubling

birdi

Hello! My name is Bird, and I use she/her pronouns. I'm in my early twenties and currently a full-time grad student in the Eastern time zone. I've been writing stories for as long as I can remember, and I have about 5 years of RP experience under my belt. I'm currently involved in other RPs (and am loving them!), but I'm looking to start a new one with someone who shares my love for collaborative storytelling.

When it comes to writing, I can do it daily and can manage at least two replies per day. I tend to write a lot when I'm in the groove, and I can go on for hours. I aim to provide at least 150 words per reply, but I'm also looking for grace if things slow down due to school, chronic illness, or mental health. Unless I’m doubling and creating a secondary character, I only play female characters, any age from 2 to 102. I've played as young as 4 and as old as mid-60s. While I'm pretty "eh" on romance outside of the RPs I’m currently in, I'm open to mature and darker themes (excluding SA or harm to animals).

I only write in third person and prefer to write on Discord, but I'm also not opposed to writing on-site if it makes the most sense for us. In terms of my potential RP partner, I'm looking for someone who is 20 or older, writes at least once a day, and can provide at least 2-3 paragraphs most of the time. I'm hoping to find someone who is communicative about plot and willing to collaborate. Additionally, I appreciate open OOC chat (excluding politics or religion), and I don't mind providing a character sheet or doubling. I'm also hoping to find someone who gets EXCITED. I’m very much the type to “live tweet” in OOC chat about new developments in our story, so if you don’t want to experience this like you’re watching an HBO drama, I might not be the girl for you.

In terms of past stories, I'm currently in/have been in several RPs, including (my roles bolded) a music therapist who falls in love with his orphaned patient's aunt, an older woman with a troubled past who takes in foster children, an infertile couple who takes in an abused foster child, and a cop who falls in love with his daughter's nanny - an aspiring fashion designer.

When it comes to stuff I like, I'm all about DRAMA. I love exploring family conflict, grief, loss, unconventional things, wholesome content, a little tragedy, multigenerational families, secrets, surprises, children, seniors, tension, adversity, adoption, fostering, crime, psychology, ethical dilemmas, small towns, big cities, addiction, found family, orphanages, and hospitals. However, I'm not a fan of the supernatural, fantasy, sci-fi, anime, time circumstances prior to the modern day (excluding flashbacks) or fandoms. Still, if you want to get an idea of what kind of storytelling I enjoy, feel free to ask me about what I watch.

If you're interested in starting an RP with me, please don't hesitate to reach out! Let’s create something awesome together!

I believe we have spoken but if not than I may be interested! My main reservations would be the length you stated as you said 2 - 3 paragraphs most of time, whereas I tend to write about six to nine paragraphs on average and would be hopeful for the same. Descriptive and detailed. If interested send me a message :)

Bumping and adding —

I’ve got a real hankering for a “Man Called Ove/Otto” vibe, found family thing with an older woman OC I’ve got in the drafts. So if anyone’s down, I’d love to workshop it.

Bumping!

Also adding that if someone is interested in crafting a Man Called Ove-esque story, that would satisfy a major craving.

Otherwise, everything else is the same. Please come w a writing sample ❤️

In the words of Kelly Rowland...

🎶 Told y'all I was gonna BUMP like this,
Y'all didn't think that I could BUMP like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back