• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Slayers - OOC

Characters
Here

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Chatter goes here.

Discuss character ideas, ask lots of questions, shitpost.

There are no stupid questions. Learning a new system is tricky so always ask if you're not sure.

You do not need to read the whole setting document - the first two chapters are enough, and you can read more if you want. Anyone interested in a Spiritseer should read the Lama chapter, though.

I'm also willing to allow one (1) Magus if someone really wants.

Last edited:
I'm currently reading the different types of invocations, etc. and I'd like to be a magus if that's doable.

I'm currently reading the different types of invocations, etc. and I'd like to be a magus if that's doable.

I have no reason to refuse - any particular Pattern catch your eye?
I do need to rewrite the Magic chapter before the Kickstarter in July but what's there should be sufficient and representative.

Last edited:
Communing can be helpful for the party but shadow suits the character I'm thinking of. Though conduction being able to use other patterns sounds amazing, I don't want to risk it with the penalties lol.

Honestly a Conduit is best in an all-Magus game.
I will do a Magus Revolutionary Cell campaign at some point, mark me.

Honestly think on interesting concepts and motives before party utility. Balance is a myth, playing smart will often trump numbers.

Well, it looks like I'm sticking to shadow. I can already imagine scenarios on how to use it effectively. Though I have a question, can my character come from a school and have a tradition at the same time?

Nope, one or the other.
Traditions are informal practices heavily tied to cultural groups. Practitioners don't have an academic understanding of Magic and some don't even know they're Magi.
As an example, there's a Bersarkr Necromancer out there who thinks he's a chosen saint of the god of death, and his Tradition is all about killing undead, conducting funerals and exorcisms, stuff like that.

Schools are much more complete and usually academic understandings of Magic that almost all date back to the lost Magocracy, and can only be learned from a teacher or an instructional book.
The ghost of an Archmagus is an acceptable teacher fyi.

Last edited:
Not at all.

During the Magocracy, a Communer made a bloodline of humans with unique organs that made them resistant to toxins magical and mundane.
After the fall, this private army scattered.
But the Alchemist mutations emerge randomly in children born today, and when another Alchemist encounters one they try to take them on as apprenctices.
Alchemists have no inherent powers, but they can make potions from monsters and magical materials, and don't die horribly on consuming them.

My lawyers inform me we have never heard of any Witchers.

Are we only focusing on Kelen? or will we explore other parts of the world as well? Because I doubt there'll be a school anywhere near kelen.

Are we only focusing on Kelen? or will we explore other parts of the world as well? Because I doubt there'll be a school anywhere near kelen.

Technically, there are no Schools left. Anywhere in the world, you'd need to find a renegade Magus who learned the techniques of a School somewhere to teach you, or find the remnants of a School in a ruin.
A character from the Frontier could potentially have learned from a renegade hiding in a ruin out there.

We'll mainly be in Hrothgard for this game, depending on what decisions people make.

I should ask - what kind of School are you looking for?
I'll be happy to write up something lore-consistent to your needs.
EDIT: I am also happy to facilitate your character developing their own School as a subplot.

The ghost of an Archmagus is an acceptable teacher fyi.

Aren't necromancers the only ones who is able to communicate with spirits? Unless the spirit itself can manifest itself in the physical world or there are artifacts and mutations to help with that?

And are we only allowed to "study" magic as the game progress and we find these ruins, etc. or can we state in our bio that we have some experiences.

Aren't necromancers the only ones who is able to communicate with spirits? Unless the spirit itself can manifest itself in the physical world or there are artifacts and mutations to help with that?

Some ghosts can manifest on their own. But having an artifact helps - they say Necromancer strongholds in the Magocracy bound ghosts as librarians and record-keepers.

And are we only allowed to "study" magic as the game progress and we find these ruins, etc. or can we state in our bio that we have some experiences.

Depending on how compelling your backstory is, I am willing to allow varying degrees of prior experience, but developing your own School in play is also cool.

I should ask - what kind of School are you looking for?
I'll be happy to write up something lore-consistent to your needs.
EDIT: I am also happy to facilitate your character developing their own School as a subplot.

I'm thinking of a shadow school that focuses more on the animation aspect of the magic to make it "easier" to make since I find Ebon Nights very useful.

they say Necromancer strongholds in the Magocracy bound ghosts as librarians and record-keepers.

So a magus with a shadow pattern can study their magic even though the ruins and abandoned schools focused on other patterns?

I'm thinking of a shadow school that focuses more on the animation aspect of the magic to make it "easier" to make since I find Ebon Nights very useful.

Alrighty, let me think on that for an hour or two. I've honestly been thinking of cutting their animations but since they're still in the doc I'll put something together.

So a magus with a shadow pattern can study their magic even though the ruins and abandoned schools focused on other patterns?

While a ruin might have been ruled by a Necromancer, for example, there could still have been Magi of other Patterns living and studying there.
And some information on general magical theory can help any Magus develop their own School.

I'm at the final parts of the docs and I'm wondering if a Magus can make a contract with a fae? I read that fae's are bound to witches and warlocks so I'm guessing they're a whole other archetype?

Yeah, that's a whole other thing.
It is a very bad idea to mess with Fair Folk.

Alrighty, let me think on that for an hour or two. I've honestly been thinking of cutting their animations but since they're still in the doc I'll put something together.

Alrighty thank you!

And some information on general magical theory can help any Magus develop their own School.

That makes sense. How rare are magi in this world btw?

I can't believe I forgot to ask but about weapons, I didn't find anything about staves, etc. on the armory. Maybe I just missed it or are the spell books our main 'weapon'?

Huh, I thought those were in there.
But Magi can use literally any weapon they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back