• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Slayers - Characters

OOC
Here

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
COMPLETE RULES AND SETTING INFO HERE

All Attributes start at 1. You have 60 Attribute XP. Attributes are capped at 5
You can spend it according to the chart below.
Level Cost
1 0XP
2 3XP
3 6XP
4 9XP
5 12XP

All Skills start at 0. You have 60 SKill XP. Skills are capped at 6
You can spend it according to the below chart.
Level Cost
1 2XP
2 1XP
3 2XP
4 3XP
5 6XP
6 9XP
Note that Skills are general until level 3. From level 4 onward, choose a Focus - a particular area of the Skill where your character has put in extra practice. You can have multiple Foci, and the cost is the same every time you buy a new one.

Next, choose 3 Advantages. These are reflections of your background, education, and social role.
For your Familiarity, choose 3 Social Skills and a situation in which they are specially honed - for example, Courtly Manners or Forest Cults
For your Knowledge, choose 3 Mental Skills and a field of study or academic practice where they are particularly focused - for example, Doctoring or Theology
For your Training, choose EITHER 3 Physical Skills and a particular style of engagement (or disengagement) where they're most practiced - for example, Sniping or Brawling
OR choose a Martial Art that you qualify for and select the appropriate Techniques.

Finally, apply static values like Health, Condition, or other and calculate derived stats like the combat block according to the below list.

Defence
Defence: Dexterity + Defence
Parry: Defence + Parry Focus, etc
Evade: Defence + Evade Focus, etc
Block: Defence + Shield Focus, etc

Offence
Melee: Dexterity + Melee
Ranged: Intuition + Ranged
Unarmed: Dexterity + Unarmed

Speed: Fitness + Athletics
Initiative: Speed + Composure
Combat Pool: Speed + Dexterity
Physical Soak: The lower of Fitness or Strength
Magic Resistance: = Willpower + any special traits
Health: 10 Condition: 20

Last edited:
I got some doubts, Master:
1) Does the cost in Recipes level for Alchemists stacks up? Lets say, to get it to lvl 2, should I invest 9 XP, or just 6? In the same vein, are there specific costs for Rings and Rune levels, or does the general ones applies?
2) Once I have my sheet, should I pm it to you? Or publish it here?

1) Does the cost in Recipes level for Alchemists stacks up? Lets say, to get it to lvl 2, should I invest 9 XP, or just 6? In the same vein, are there specific costs for Rings and Rune levels, or does the general ones applies?
The cost is not cumulative - if your Recipes rank is 2, you can buy any rank 2 Recipe for 6XP.
Your Recipes rank is determined by the lowest of Academics and Lore, so raising both of those is important.
Your Runes rank, if you want Runes, is based on the lowest of Artisan and Academics
Your Rings increase by 1 with every point of Fitness you have.

I forgot the leveling guidelines are missing from that doc so I'll add those somewhere today. I don't like XP traps, so Slayer special abilities are increased by raising key Skill and Attributes instead of dumping points in them at the expense of other development.
2) Once I have my sheet, should I pm it to you? Or publish it here?
Publish it here or send it to me, up to you.
You can even post one version here, and send me the version with all your dark secrets.

Birthplace: Hrumart
    Combat style: Centered in melee, both with hatchet and greatsword. (With potion usage, mainly tank-oriented).
    Ethnicity: Hrumaart
    Height: 1.7m/
    Weight: 73 kg/
    Hobbies: Drinking and gambling. Frequently at the same time.
    Likes: The smell of roasted meat, the sound of brewing concoctions, and the color purple
    Dislikes: Dogs, bards and skalds, and the creatures that appear at night with the intention of disemboweling you
    Quotes: "You are not just a cocky bloodsucker! You are also a bloody cock...!"

Biography
    Jormund was born in the middle of the winter of Hrumart, and still carries the sea in his eyes and the smoke of the hearthfire in his hair. His mother, a worker in the brothel, died at childbirth. His father, a wandering skald, was fond enough of the infant to take it with him. Not enough, though, to reject the deal of the alchemist guild, when they offered to buy the kid around the time of his seventh winter.
    Since then, the horizon that have guided his footsteps is the acquisition of knowledge, both to earn the approbation of his new family and to sate his own unrelenting hunger.

• Name, appearance, public persona go here.
    Backstory optional.

This is a barebones WIP. I haven't finished everything because I'd actually like to talk some things over with Grey, but I'm posting what I have to make my interest known if this does pick back up.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back