• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Slang dictionary for the City of the Gem Gifters (Interest check for Heartstones)

FoolsErin

when you at the when you you when the
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Shardies = Small bits of crushed up normal gems commonly smoked in pipes.

Dusty= Dust of normal gems commonly smoked in pipes, also used in gem dust baths to trigger the gem to bring it’s natural color onto a person’s skin.

Roughies= Decent sized normal gems that can be claimed by soul gem magic, can be used as a power boost to magic.

Rocktown = The underground mines, accessible by staircase through the mountain, and through the holes in the streets. Since gems grow here the most, it’s a common hangout for roughie hunters.

Sparklies = Enchanted gems. The government of the city is supposed to take them for further gifting. Most people don’t hunt them, as holding onto them is a criminal offense.

Moldable silk = Not actually silk. A type of fabric that shapes to expose the gem, but not unnecessary skin. What basically every city citizen’s clothes is made out of.

Lining = A moldable lens and lining that fits over the gem to act as a sort of smartphone via projection. The rarer the metal, the better the phone. Except for gold, that one is the worst kind.

Ice = Diamonds. This word is rarely used in conversation because all forms of diamond are forbidden in the city ever since a past event. Common speak for dealers and the fools that buy from them.

Rail dash= Minecart race. It’s the equivalent to street racing in this city.

Transparents = Ghosts of sorts. When a gem gifted one dies, their gem usually breaks. But sometimes the jewel survives and they continue to live as a ghost, with the only body still remaining being the surviving gem. Sunlight however, will break

Spirit skin = The robes that transparents wear to protect themselves from the sunlight. Kept in large minecarts in Rocktown for them to take when they go out. Usually used by the living as prank and disguise material.

Raily = The minecart train that passes through Rocktown.

Flour bag = A place where they have dust baths, which are praised for how they bring out the hue of the gem onto the skin.

Reference to others = In most occasions, the citizens refer to one another by their names or the occupation they are currently serving. But if addressing strangers, they usually call them a shortened version of their gem type. Formal settings they are called by their full name, and the month and year they were gifted with their gem.

If this interests you, I can post some backstory and perhaps a sign-up.

My question is, can you tell me more about the world where this slang is used. I looked up Heartstoners and came up with nothing, so I assume this is your original idea. Can you tell me more about this world?

A gem gifted is a person lodged with a enchanted variety of jewel, somewhere on their body, at a very young age. Because the gem has more time to release it’s magic, they have special abilities. While this may sound like a very temporary thing due to how there is only so many gemstones in the earth, there’s a combatant to this; growth from the ground. Even to the residents of the city, this phenomenon is bizarre, oysters filled with pearls seem to reveal themselves, and rock based material seems to erupt out of nowhere. The results can be divided into two categories, enchanted and normal. Normal gemstones can be claimed with a gifted one’s magic to be used as a power booster when on hand. Enchanted are used for the next generation, and are of course illegal for collection. Regardless this classification, the residents are very proud of this, to the point where they tear chunks of street away to reveal the shining mines. This spounds dangerous, but the residents are well educated on safety, and magic is always a back-up

Rantos Rantos

Absolutely! The slang is common of the people of a city spanning a large valley and a medium stretch of mountains sitting above a peculiar cave system. Due to the importance of the gem in their society, it is considered attractive to match outfits with the color of the gem. Jewelry and hair dye are absolute no-brainers, and tattoos emphasizing the gemstone are incredibly popular. While certain articles of clothing like crop-tops and yoga pants are well liked, most citizens simply choose to wear what suits both them and their gemstone.
commonly compete to claim more Roughies then their neighbor, use the latest technology or lining, and do reckless things in Rocktown. As tobacco is not a native crop to the area, rather than cigarettes, they smoke fragments of gemstones in pipes. This has gained so much popularity that almost every teenager and older has a pipe on their person. Shardies last a tad longer than a cig, but dust easily burns away and is more popularly used in pipes designed for vape-lik activities. Part of the reason dust got crazy popular was because people began doing...questionable things with them. Best you don’t look into that. Children often play in Rocktown with sparkly gem decorated toys, like Laughy Sapphy dolls, play games based around the areas odd phenomenon, and listen to stories told by Transparents. But more reclusive children usually sit about with their lining, despite parents protests. Older folk typically interrupt their work life by watching magic duels, and taking up typical hobbies such as gardening. Tall walls and gates surround the city, and no tourists have been welcomed for countless years due to past events straining trust. While citizens are allowed to leave, they are required to swear to keep their mouth shut about what exactly happens in the city.

I’m going to have to stop there, because if I don’t I’ll probably go on forever. If you want more I’ll happily provide. Heartstones is a WIP name though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back