Video Games Skyrim help

Tamriel

"Lets meet again in another life, ok?"
Hey, I haven't played Skyrim in awhile and I was thinking about getting back into it. My question is what should I be? I'm usually a wood elf with a bow, but I want to try something new. Any suggestions?

Update!!! I'm only on ps4 so no pc mods

Last edited:
:O I'm also usually a wood elf with a bow lol. Mage is fun, but it's tough when you pull multiple mobs at once!

Good luck!

Everytime i try to become something other than a bow user i always go back to a bow lol

I've always found dealing with magic to be the hardest part of the game, so the best race for me is the Breton on account of their natural resistance to magic and their racial ability Dragonskin, which boosts that resistance even more. Otherwise I'd say just go with the Nord to fit the setting, plus it's good for starting out anyway what with their Battle Cry ability (make enemies flee) and bonuses in one handed, block and smithing.

I've always wanted to add on to what I have. Like a Wood elf with a bow, but.....with conjuring magic.

Didn't you say you wanted to try something new? Well anyways, if you're planning to go with the sneak archer route then asides from the Bosmer, there's no better race than the Khajiit. Doesn't have any bonuses in conjuration, but that should be easy enough to level up if you simply use the bound sword as your melee weapon at the start. Levels up fast.

I want to try something new it's just.....everytime I see a bow....I can't help myself lol.

Well I suppose it's one of, if not the most popular playstyles for a reason... Hmm, archery and conjuration. Well given the Breton's starting bonus in conjuration and the fact that you'll be mainly using the bow, I'd recommend Breton again with the addition of focusing on getting the bound bow spell as quickly as possible. A two in one sort of deal. I think you can buy it from Falion at Morthal (along with Conjure Frost Atronach), though I don't know if you have to be a certain level first. In any case, if you like the sound of rocking a mage archer build, then this is definitely the way to go.

Look stealth bow is OP. A different take is axe Orc. Might shake things up.

Stealth bow breaks any meaning offered by the combat system. I kill 90% of things in the game before they know I exist.

I once had an Argonian illusionist/thief. He was this eccentric, impossibly crafty little bugger that made negotiating different situations very fun. Happi wasn't the sort that did all the heavy lifting, or even a quarter of it. Happi used Illusion magic to manipulate enemies into ignoring him, or killing each other. He was often found in the company of a follower who would do most of the fighting and they were always disposable to him. The character never entered a situation and just fought his way through it. He always found the path of least resistance, and that made playing so fresh and fun, not to mention hilarious. Happi is probably my favorite ES character of all time. Such a lovable, mischievous little salamander.

I've played so, so many different styles and characters in skyrim, oh man. Got about, what... 500+ hours or something?
However, let's talk about my two favorite characters -

Misako
A Khajit mage. She was a glass hammer, so to say, dealing damage like but not able to take many hits. She always stayed out of her opponent's reach, sending her ghosts and atronachs into the fights.
She was a little difficult to play, as I'm mostly someone who loves to charge into battle, but it was fun for time being.

Saraan
An Orc thief, sneaky and well-versed in speech.
She tries to solve most situations by a good, sneaky backstab, or, thanks to her Ebony mail, just sneaking up behind her opponent and poisoning them without them even knowing. Her weapon is her trusty Ebony Blade, which, together with her armor, makes her a dangerous opponent in a direct battle as well. Basically, she's very flexible to play, either as a sneaky ass backstabber or a tanky warrior, a combination that works surprisingly well.
For emergencies, she can take on her werewolf Form or activate the orc-ability berserker rage. All summed up, she's sneaky as long as you don't see her- and a monster once you noticed her.

Orc op with melee especially war hammer/mace, archery op with any race, Altmer most op mage (Hidden increased destruction damage), Alchemy most op skill period.

Orc op with melee especially war hammer/mace, archery op with any race, Altmer most op mage (Hidden increased destruction damage), Alchemy most op skill period.

Melee is just easy. Stand in range, tab button, things die. My Redguard's one handed always tailed behind his archery, and he was a savage with twin Blades Swords. Give a fool-proof style a damage bonus and it's going to feel OP.

I can't really do magic in Skyrim. The system was nurfed too much. I mean to someone who never really made it far in Morrowind, it probably makes them feel like Doctor Strange when they play Skyrim,but just trust me when I tell you, it's the Junior Edition of ES magic systems. It made playing my Dunmer Battlemage very disheartening and boring. I beat the game with him just for the novelty of using Lazarus one more time, but he's been retired.

The key with any ES is treating it more like an RP than a video game.

It's not what you're playing, but who you're playing. Without playing an actual character, ES games would be too boring and easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back