• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Skyrim Dawnguard RP 1x1 if not enough interest

Silent Karasu

The Last Crow Left
First off: This isn't canon, there is no Dragonborn, dragons, or shouts. High Hrothgar is probably abandoned rather than the home of the Graybeards.

Second off: I haven't decided whether I want it the players to be Dawnguard or Volkihar so that will depend on what I get a better response to. Please mention if you'd rather play Dawnguard or Volkihar in your reply.

What if the events of the Dawnguard DLC were much more intense? What if it had been an all out war dividing Skyrim? Well that's what this RP is.

Back Story

The provinces of Skyrim are divided when the Volkihar launches an all out attack while the Dawnguard step up recruitment in response, effectively dividing Skyrim in two. Solstheim offered asylum to the Dunmer living in Skyrim as soon as it became evident what was happening. Some Dunmer from Solstheim came to Skyrim bringing the unique armor and spells found on Solstheim with them. Auriel's Bow does exist but way to the Forgotten Vale has been forgotten. There are also concerns that lycanthropy is present in the Dawnguard which is of course against the law across Skyrim.​

The Volkihar control the following provinces: Haafingar, The Reach, Falkreath Hold, and Hjaalmarch.

The Dawnguard have support in the following provinces: Eastmarch, The Rift, Winterhold, and The Pale.

Your characters will be some of the members of whichever faction I get a better response to. Honestly, as much as I'd like to run it so you can be both, I'm not quite sure how to manage that. Note: No one liners. Exceptions can be made if it's dialogue. I'd like post to be about a paragraph.

That being said, which side do you chose? The horde of the Volkihar clan or the growing legion of the Dawnguard?

This sounds like fun! Will the role players use original characters or will they use players whom already exist?

I'd really like to join, if that's okay.

I think the side that would probably be the coolest would probably have to the the Volkihar... The Dawn.. Oh I don't know. Either side would be really cool, but that's just because I can't make my own mind up!
;)

I'd join you.

Lonk time since I played Skyrm though, but I think I can recall more than me sitting intop of a mountain in the snow.

If you'll have me, that is! And i'll join which ever side that allows me to wear a cloak. Sun or no sun.

Skyrim was a fun game and I could see it being made into a roleplay. I think I'm going to have go back and actually play the Dawnguard DLC first. Long story as to how I never got around to playing that, considering I have it... *cough* Mods *cough*

Anyway, I've just got a few questions about it -

1) Will our characters all be together, working as a group, or will everyone be off running solo?

2) What kind of objectives will our characters be attempting to achieve, since two factions hashing it out is quite a lot for only four characters to fix on their own, and isn't even plausible as matter of fact.

Sounds like lots of fun! I'm pulling for the Dawnguard, myself. Probably play a high elf archer, if that's alright. Even if we play as Volkihar.

Okay, so I want our characters working as a group and they would try to take objectives by A: Leading the forces or B: Doing quest to meet whatever goal is necessary. I think this should be enough people. I'm thinking I'll just make it for the Dawnguard.

Dawnguard would be better for me, considering I know at least part of the lore behind them. Also, I think you should throw in some other more interesting objectives to keep it spiced up, if you know what I mean. If you need any ideas for that, I'll be happy to shoot a few your way. I'm in on this idea now, by the way.

I'm just spitting ideas. but seing as there is people who know about the elder scrolls but perhaps havent placed all the dlcs. maybe it would be easier to only base it on the game. we'll still Place it in Skyrim and we'll still be part of the Dawnguard, but we wont roleplay diectly from the game, leaving a lot of freedom to them who has not played THAT game.

Stealth missions should probably be a must, which would be perfect for a small group of people to carry out, and you could possibly have the group search for a relic of sorts that may benefit them on their quest to help support the Dawnguard's cause. If that were implemented, I think you'd have a good shot at introducing a dungeon.

Also, I think that the stealth missions could range from many things, like taking out a higher-up, or stealing prized information. Whatever you think is adequate.

Something else to consider: is this going to take place in the middle of the Civil War, or will it be before/after?

[QUOTE="Silent Karasu]I was thinking about having the group search for Auriel's bow at some point.

[/QUOTE]
That could easily be what we need for that to work, then.

I'd suggest new-ish recruits. Especially if there's some who are unfamiliar with it. It'd also make it easier with character interactions, starting from scratch.

[QUOTE="Red Thunder]I'd suggest new-ish recruits. Especially if there's some who are unfamiliar with it. It'd also make it easier with character interactions, starting from scratch.

[/QUOTE]
Your logic makes sense, so I'm for that idea.

Sounds like a good idea. Someone would have to be a veteran or something along those lines, or it could be something like we're all put in a group and we're forced to interact or something..? Just an idea.

Should we post character information here or in the actuall thread? Or do you guys rather do none of that and just describe them in the roleplay

Personally, I'd rather have our characters described before-hand. It's easier that way and everyone can revert back to those CSes for reference to their race and such. One thing I don't want there to be is Personality, though. I believe that that develops best as the roleplay proceeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back