• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Skypirates: A New Horizon

Lordxana0

Hundreds of years ago the world was engulfed in the war to end all wars, as supplies started to dwindle and overpopulation crushed the ability for the world to support itself people went mad and fought to protect what little they had. However a sliver of hope was produced by a group of scientists, toiling in secret to unlock the secrets behind finding a power source that would never run out. Eventually their work bore fruit in the shape of Infernium, a crystal that when broken down in the correct way would create a reaction that would produce a never ending supply of energy. The scientists distributed their findings far and large to all the people of the world.

And yet the war did not stop, but instead grew now more desperate. Land was still needed, and without the worries of limited energy the human race fought like never before. The scientists saw their dreams had been crushed and knew that it was only a small matter of time before the arrogance of the human race destroyed the very ground they stood on. So the scientists undertook a second great labor, humanities final escape. They created massive Infernium generators that would lift the new home far into the sky. And then they only needed to wait.

Within a short span of years of the plans completion a weapon was used that clouded the skies and poisoned the land, known as the Dawnstar, all but for the land the scientists had already prepared. Humanity made its exodus to this place, and watched as it lifted into the air and away from the poisoned place they had once called their home. Once they were safe the scientists quickly worked to quell the chaos by creating a New World Government that would seek to protect the people and guide them to their new lives. In order to lock away the evils of the old world the scientists had constructed a massive battleship they dubbed Underworld, and tasked a group of warriors known as Specters to watch over the weapons and criminals of the old world.

Time passed and the Founders realized that the people grew restless. The world to them was one land, and they felt trapped. So the Founders broke large pieces of land from the continent and dubbed them new, and released their designs for airships to the people. In order to repair these massive ships the Founders also created the Flight Frames, flying humanoid machines piloted by the best and brightest that could be found to preform repairs on ships even mid-flight.

And for a time all was well. But time passes and one generation took over the next, and again, and again, and again. The New World Government grew corrupt in its power, taking charge of wealth and food and how each would be regulated. The lions share was theirs, and they armed themselves by turning the Founder's tools for peace into weapons of war. And so they rule with their iron fists and their cruel intents.

From the disfranchised masses rose the Pirate Confederation, a group that sought freedom from the rule of the World Government. Mostly formed of free thinkers who want to live free of the crushing weight of the government and their soldiers. To this end they raid supply ships and the like that fly the World Government colors, using scraped together Flight Frames and Airships to fight a much more powerful foe. They are not truly a united group, but more of a collection of people who wish to be free. Some are criminals, others are heroes, but in the end they are all the same in one way. They are all Skypirates.

World Info: The Four Great Capitals

Valan Ra: Home of the World Government Elite

This massive continent is home only to those with power and influence other the lands and their servants and warriors. Not much trade happens here as this sky city doesn't actually produce much, despite the abundance of land which food could grow. It contains a bounty of old world technology that the elite use to amuse themselves.

Norhime: The City of Trade

The great hub city where most trade happens, and the secret base of the Skypirates guild. Its also the center of the massive railways that run between the different production cities and harvesting cities. It also contains a few Infernium labs that produce new weapons and other fine things.

Liyum: The Working Mans Home

A place for all of those who work on farms and mines. Due to the special energy produced by Infernium resources that were once limited such as iron grow much like plants. People are divided over who support the World Government and those who don't, through those who don't tend not to be vocal about it. An excellent place for picking up bounties, as even the World Government will subcontract Sky Pirates to take care of more dangerous threats.

Ranram: The Forgotten Realm

Also known as the trash continent, a floating city fed scraps to keep it alive while the workers do the worst jobs imaginable for barely livable wages. This place contains the wreckage of both old world and current day technology, and those who live here scrounge what little they can to survive. Due to the metal and chemical leakage very little can be actually produced. Some of the people living here are criminals, some of them are simply people who spoke out against the World Government. Skypirates can normally find great deals on hidden gems by asking around and giving some food to the right people.

Ships of Note

Excalibur- The spearhead of the New World Governments forces, a massive airship with the power to strike down an entire floating island by itself, containing within it at all times at least four of the twelve highest knights of the New World Governments order. Its power is only rivaled by Underworld, but it is more often then not left in a guard position near Valan Ra.

Underworld- A massive prison ship armed with weapons used during the Final War. It holds the most dangerous people in the world and is manned by a crew of people known as Specters, who wrap themselves entirely in black armor and are said to have the power of an entire crew. The Specters are considered the guards of the most dangerous Old World Tech, but are willing to trade some less dangerous weapons and technology for the capture of prisoners or the return of more dangerous tech.

Jolly Roger- The 'flagship' of the Skypirates, lead by the founder of the organization and his trusted crew. The ship does not have the size or firepower of the Excalibur or Underworld, but its speed is unrivaled, and the crew inside are known to even be a match for the twelve highest knights themselves.

Terms

Flight Frame- Term used for the humanoid flying robots piloted by others. Envokers are normally the best candidates as they can resonate more with their machines, through normal humans can be quite good as well.

Airship- Giant floating ships powered by Infernium engines, holding room for the crew and having hangers for Flight Frames. They come in a variety of sizes and shapes.

Envoker- People whose genetic makeup has been changed and shifted by either proximity to large Infernium reactors while as a young child or while being in the womb. They are known to have greater reflexes and make amazing Flight Frame pilots, but often suffer from weaker bodies due to it.

Old World Tech- Term used for anything that was created before the land was lifted up and the Dawnstar weapon was activated. Usually very unstable and dangerous unless properly restored.

New World Government- Main ruling body of the world.

Round Table- Military branch of the World Government lead by the twelve greatest warriors of the New World Government

Pirate Federation- Loosely connected Skypirates that aid each other and offer jobs while finding ways to bother the World Government.

Skypirate- Any person that flies on an airship and opposes the World Government. The difference between a Skypirate endorsed by the Federation and one that isn't can be seen in the lack of support from other Skypirates. Most will start with the Federation, and either stay with them for protection or leave the main body but hold some ties to them. Unendorsed Skypirates that overstep themselves can often find themselves quickly destroyed.

Maaaan this is cool I'll have to see if I can come up with an idea

As someone who's build an entire Steampunk Fantasy world for a series of novels... this immediately sparked my interest. Gotta love me some Skypirates!
I've got an idea brewing for a tinkerer from Ranram. Potentially an Envoker who just never had the chance of getting their hands on a Flight Frame

Thank you to everyone for replying so far, I am really happy my idea has gotten everyone so excitied! I would like to pose a question for those looking forward to joining the game to get your thoughts on something. Would you guys prefer to have a set 'limit' for roles, or just have more freedom for what your characters can be and to just have NPC's and faceless characters take up roles that wouldn't naturally be filled?

Current roles would be

Captain (Piloting ship and ship based weapons)

Engineer: (Deals with maintenance of Flight Flames and the ship and can fill a combat role as well)

Boarding Party: (A group that enters into enemy ships in order to take out any crew/defenses and/or deal with people trying to do the same)

Flight Frame Pilots: (Piloting of Flight Frames to disable ship and deal with enemy Flight Frames)

And possibly things like Medic, First Mate, and other ideas I might not have thought of or people might be interested in playing. Regardless let me know your thoughts, and once I have a firm idea I can make a character sheet page, and after that start working on getting this game in gear!

Thank you to everyone for replying so far, I am really happy my idea has gotten everyone so excitied! I would like to pose a question for those looking forward to joining the game to get your thoughts on something. Would you guys prefer to have a set 'limit' for roles, or just have more freedom for what your characters can be and to just have NPC's and faceless characters take up roles that wouldn't naturally be filled?

Current roles would be

Captain (Piloting ship and ship based weapons)

Engineer: (Deals with maintenance of Flight Flames and the ship and can fill a combat role as well)

Boarding Party: (A group that enters into enemy ships in order to take out any crew/defenses and/or deal with people trying to do the same)

Flight Frame Pilots: (Piloting of Flight Frames to disable ship and deal with enemy Flight Frames)

And possibly things like Medic, First Mate, and other ideas I might not have thought of or people might be interested in playing. Regardless let me know your thoughts, and once I have a firm idea I can make a character sheet page, and after that start working on getting this game in gear!
Astronavigator maybe?

I think I'd rather have set roles so everyone's characters stay useful

Whereas I lean more towards freedom and have the important roles (especially captain) be done by an NPC. Partially to avoid one or two players from pulling the story too much. With more freedom everyone can still make characters that are useful in one way or another

Not against set roles at all, but it just doesn't have my personal preference

Whereas I lean more towards freedom and have the important roles (especially captain) be done by an NPC. Partially to avoid one or two players from pulling the story too much. With more freedom everyone can still make characters that are useful in one way or another

Not against set roles at all, but it just doesn't have my personal preference
Pretty much same same over here.

Okay I will have character sheets up tomorrow. As the concensus was leaving the larger roles to NPC's players will be given one combat role (ship based, Flight Frame, or Boarding Crew) and the option of another profession ( cook, doctor, navigator, etc)

I've got a really fighty-type person in another rp rn, so I'm leaning toward a communications/navigation type for this. Maybe engineer idk, just thinking more of a support role could be interesting 🤔

Okay boys and girls its about a day and a half late, but we have character sheets open and a OOC page for discussion. Both are linked beneath and any further questions regarding the game should be taken to the OOC. This page will continue to be watched by myself for a few days afterward, but once everyone has moved over this page will be allowed to sink with its purpose finished.

OOC-

Character Sheets

Okay boys and girls its about a day and a half late, but we have character sheets open and a OOC page for discussion. Both are linked beneath and any further questions regarding the game should be taken to the OOC. This page will continue to be watched by myself for a few days afterward, but once everyone has moved over this page will be allowed to sink with its purpose finished.

OOC-

Character Sheets
Yay!!!

K so We gots this for the crew so far:
  • Captain!!
  • Envoker Comms/Soldier
  • (Maybe) Envoker Engineer/Soldier
  • Envoker Frame Mechanic/Frame pilot (WIP)

Hello, I was wondering if this RP was still accepting applications.

I am looking to play the part of the party's medic/munitions master

Hi!! This is our Pirate crew on the Valley Hail:
  • Captain!!
  • Envoker(?) Engineer / Soldier
  • Envoker Mecha-Robotics Chief / Drone Pilot
  • Envoker Bosun / Ship-Killer Frame Pilot
  • Medic / Drone Pilot-Soldier
  • Envoker Cook / Ship Guns
  • Envoker Medic / Balanced Frame Pilot

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back