• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter

A floating world, a forbidden darkness and a year of your life you can't remember. The gods are watching, are you ready?

fantasy-landscape-dragons-rainbows-sky-islands-waterfalls-fantasy-7087.jpg

Skyheart

Lore Characters OOC

Intro to the world:

Since “The Cataclysm” mankind has lived on floating islands in the sky. The earth has long been covered in a sea of bruised clouds, but they lie far below the sky cities, forests and fields and people never bother with what dwells beneath. Life is hard, technology is limited and the only way to travel between islands is by means of winged creatures that can be caught and tamed. The forests, planes and mountains on many islands are filled with dangerous beasts and this tamed mount will be a companion and protector for the entirety of a person’s life. Most humans belong to one of four great tribal clans, resting on the four largest islands that sit at the edge of the known lands in each of the four cardinal directions. The Cataclysm was a punishment from the gods, who saw the greed of mankind and decided to destroy them. The survivors were lifted up as a way to bring humans closer to the gods and four of the greatest founded the four great clans. Relations between the clans can be tense, and so, as a gesture of peace and unity between them, the coming of age ceremony they hold for every young man or woman that reaches 18 is done together, on a mountain island in the center of the known world.

Story:

Your characters are of age to compete in the proving, however they no memory of the past year of their lives, the year before they were set to take the proving. The only clues they have are the clothes on their backs, crafted for warriors in the distinct style of a clan (of your choice, and it doesn't have to be one of the four), and the fact that they all awoke at the same time. Throughout the story your characters will regain pieces of their memory as they complete quests and challenges set about this world of floating islands and the truth of what happened will be put together to understand what is yet to come.

Our story so far has lead the heroes to the Desert country of Westeros, and the Academy of magic in the capital To'bai. The teachers of the academy were sent to find these unusual youths because they had evidence that they had studied magic at the academy before the proving. Though, like them, they had no memory of the teens ever being there. Both at the proving and on the way to Westeros, the party was set upon by strange undead creatures, the deathborn. They are skeletal flying beasts with glowing purple cores, vicious and murderous. The deathborn threat has been growing ever worse. Now our heroes must set off from To'bai, into the Western sands, following a trail of broken memories to find a missing teacher before he is killed by the beasts that hunt them all relentlessly.

The story has been going for a bit, but I am looking for 3 new members. This is the first recruitment I have done for this thread, and I am fairly good at getting people up to speed so they feel comfortable with what's going on. We've built a pretty awesome team, and we have a discord server so you can always chat and ask questions of our more seasoned players.

As far as an example of other threads I've run, Setting Summer Dawn is 2 years old and it's almost finished. So, I stick with it as long as I have a consistent crew.

Starborne is another thread, though this one is full, but is a good example of the pace and quality we use.

• Northaria is a harsh, snow-covered land for most of the year, its inhabitants dress in warm furs and have coats packed with goose down. They are sturdy and warlike, but honorable and fair. (Think Vikings)

Estendor is temperate, with many islands covered in expansive grasslands. The people are warm and friendly but competitive. They dress in skins and wool of the animals they herd, and are famous for their weapons of stone. (Something like the North American First Nations in the great plains or the ancient horse clans on the Mongolian Steppe)

Sudenta is a tropical paradise, with soaring rain forest islands and rich fruit. Their clothes are woven cotton, flax and silks from the silkworms they cultivate, dyed with bright colours from the berries and bark they find in their forests. The people are gentle and resourceful, and value skill over strength. (The Mayan or Aztec cultures)

Westeros is a desert land, with great stone palaces filled with ancient hieroglyphs. Their libraries have books dating back beyond the Cataclysm and their knowledge is very well-guarded. They taught magic to those with the gift for it, and the only magic academy in the world lies in their capital city. (Ancient Egypt)

In the center of all these great lands lies an island with a single, solitary mountain. This is the God Mountain, the closest place to the realm of the gods.

Oh sweet, I’ll look over everything and submit a CS ASAP, if that’s okay.

hey, i'd be interested! been looking for something long term for a while, just hope I can catch up if accepted :')

hey, i'd be interested! been looking for something long term for a while, just hope I can catch up if accepted :')
You've come to the right place, I only do longterm threads. There's currently one spot left. But for good profiles, I'll accept them even after the limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back