• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Time: After the night flight
Interaction: Leandra, Marylka

Leandra gave Marylka all of her attention, as she tried to absorb everything Marylka said. She knew next to nothing about magic or how one was to summon that power at will.
Thinking of magic as an extension of herself, Leandra's thoughts wandered to her bow and daggers. She had trained with them for years and it felt natural to draw her bow or throw a dagger at a target. She supposed that it was the same concept for her newfound magic ability.
At the mention of the magic abilities being different across the board, Leandra immediately thought of Aldalf and could not resist scowling.
"Oh yeah, I definitely see that when it comes to Aldalf and his magic."
Realizing how conceited that probably sounded, Leandra tried to backtrack, "Not that there's anything wrong with innate abilities. He just kind of...shows off with it, y'know?"

Watching Marylka's magic at work, Leandra trained her eyes on the water orb, as Marylka expertly manipulated the water. She was so focused on the water movement that she almost missed Marylka speaking again.
At the mention of trust, Leandra looked down at the stone in her palm and rubbed the back of her neck. She really had no idea how she was supposed to trust the stone to work with her. Still, she figured she had no choice other than to try. This magic could end up being the difference between someone living or dying, given how often they nearly died around the Deathborn.

Sighing, Leandra held up her palm with the stone in it and stared at it. In her mind, she pictured herself back home with a dagger in hand.
Closing her eyes, Leandra held onto the imagery of the dagger's pointed end and tried to connect to her magic through this memory. As she focused on her thoughts, the stone in her palm slowly began to shift and change shape. It took a minute, but it slowly changed into the sharp end of a dagger.
Holding onto that memory in her mind, Leandra opened her eyes and turned on her heel before throwing the pointed stone at a nearby tree trunk. There was a solid whump, as it stuck for a moment before slowly sliding out and falling to the ground. It had not been quite sharp enough to stick.

Grinning now, Leandra ran over to the tree and picked up the pointed stone. Turning to face Marylka, she held up and said, "Oh my gosh, I actually did something! That was exhilarating!"

Jogging back to Marylka, Leandra stopped a few feet in front of her and then said, "It was much easier this time. You mentioned the extension thing again and so I pictured my daggers in my head since those and my bow are all extensions of me. It just seemed to click, y'know?"

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

#7FB3D5

Time: After the night flight
Interaction: Leandra, Marylka

Marylka quirked an eyebrow when Leandra mentioned Aldaf in passing, the indignation evident in her tone. It seemed like the boy had stepped on more toes than hers even if it was for different reasons. While she sensed that Lea had much more opinions to offer on the matter, she also didn't want to distract the girl from the task at hand.

Patiently she watched as Leandra focused her attention on manipulating the stone in her hand. For a while, nothing happened, but Marylka remained silent. This was a hurdle Lea needed to overcome at her own pace. Then she noticed the stone start to shift, like a lump of clay being molded, slowly but surely reforming itself into a point. When the now sharpened stone went flying into the nearby tree trunk, Marylka let out a whoop of excitement before quickly slapping a hand over her mouth when she remembered how late it was and people were likely already asleep. "Lea! That was amazing!" She exclaimed in a shouted whisper. "That was far better than anything I did in my first lesson!" Suddenly, the claims about them having been students at the Academy before seemed a little less absurd.

As their excitement calmed, Marylka decided now would be a good time to address Lea's earlier gripe. "I was quite lucky. I was my grandfather's only student so I never could compare my abilities to anyone else." she mused with a small nostalgic smile. "I know they say some competition is always good but for me at least, it helped that I didn't have to worry about what my standing was in the class or if I was doing better or worse than the guy next to me. I could focus on just meeting my own standards and expectations, we are our harshest critic after all." She paused thinking how best to phrase her next words. "I guess what I'm trying to say is you shouldn't care too much about how the others are doing, and I know that can't be easy to do especially when you're in a class and constantly being reminded about it, but at the end of the day you need to run your own race and you can't do that if you're spending your energy running someone else's."

Lioness075 Lioness075

#7FB3D5

Last edited:
Time: The next day after the night flight
Interaction: Serik and Emmaline

Classes had been tiring for Emma, feel a bit overwhelmed for the days lessons. The short girl made her way towards the stables. She figured she could maybe for for a flight, if Angus was up for it. If not she might just hang out with him, maybe groom him up a bit and braid his mane.

The redhead happily entered the stables greeting all the skybeasts as she did. Angus ears perked up as he peeked out and happily nigh, hearing the voice of his rider. "Oh...hi there Serik" she greeted him with a smile and a wave as she walked over towards Angus stall. "Hi big guy" she smiled at the large alicorn gently petting him as he nuzzled his muzzle into her.

Featuring: AncientBird AncientBird

Time: The next day after night flight
Interaction: Serik, Emmaline

Serik waved to greet Emmaline as the Estendorian girl arrived and headed straight for her skybeast. Serik patted Valkyrie for another time and then walked toward the girl and her alicorn, with the sack in his hand and Shrill still perching on his shoulder.

"Err, hey there, Emmaline." Serik spoke as he approached. "How are you today?" Asked the young man. Serik then looked over to Emmaline's alicorn Angus. This was the first time he came this close to this skybeast. The black and white winged horse sure is an impressive specimen, larger than any alicorns or pegasuses he had ever seen before. No doubt that Valkyrie felt so threatened under its approach. Serik looked forward to see how the horse would react to his presence near its rider. Shrill the buzzard watched curiously from Serik's shoulder at both Emmaline and Angus, tilting his head and blinked rapidly.

Featuring: AquaMarie AquaMarie
#9365B8

Emmaline smiled as she extended her hand to Angus offering a treat to the large equestrian. To which he gently took from her, Emma quitely giggled petting his muzzle in return.

The short red head turned away from Angus and over towards Serik as he spoke and approached her. "I'm good, glad to be outside,...how are you?" She asked in return, her eyes falling towards Shrill on his shoulder and then towards the sack in his hand. Curious and intrigued, her mind slightly wondered off thinking what he had inside.

Angus was gladly enjoying the attention he was reserving from Emma. She was so loving to him and always was full of surprising treats. The large alicorn cautiously eyed Serik as he walked over to them. Slowly leaning his head over Emma's chest and pulled her towards him. Causing the short girl to be pulled back up against the alicorn's stable door.

Feeling the growing concern of Angus, Emma gently petted him. Wanting him to know she was alright and he had no need to feel threatened with Serik and Shrill approaching them.

Featuring: AncientBird AncientBird #9365B8

"Oh well, kind of good actually..." Serik said, sheepishly scratching his head and trying to hide his frustration over today's training outcome. He noticed Angus giving him a stare, not very threatening one, but cautious and one edge, typical for a protective winged horse. Serik then turned his attention back to the girl in front of him. "I want to talk with you... About what happened last night between our skybeasts." Serik said, getting his point straight out. "My stork drake Valkyrie was very afraid of your alicorn and since we are going to work together as team, I fear it might pose a serious problem later." Said the young man.

Shrill started to pester Serik by pecking on his hair, so the young man took out a little piece of jerky and gave it to the buzzard, so he has something else to pick on.

#9365B8

“That’s good, it was an interesting day for sure..” Emma added gently patting the side of Angu’s head. The classes that had happen earlier that day we an experience. As the two spoke the large horse kept his stance not losing sight of Serik for a second.

“Oh...right…” Emma answered still feeling horrible for the way Angus had reacted last night towards the stork drake. “I am very sorry for Angus’s behavior...he tends to be a bit protective of me….but I know that is no excuse for his actions. I feel horrible that he scared your stork drake” she said looking down feeling truly bad for the interaction between their Skybeasts. “Your right, if this is not fixed soon there could be a problem and I wouldn’t want that to happen...We need to find a way to fix this” the short girl agreed looking up to Serik with determination to make things right between the two Skybeasts.

Seeing Emmaline feeling guilty about her skybeast's behavior, Serik quickly replied. "Oh no no! Please don't feel bad about yourself or Angus. It wasn't any of your fault. I kind of realize afterward why it happened. You see, I have been around winged horses for my entire life. My father, my uncle and my friend back at the plain all have one for skybeast. They all have different personality, one is very docile but energetic and bold, another is kind of headstrong and keep mostly to himself and his rider and the other is the sweetest creature I have ever known." Serik spoke with a smile as he reflected on his memory on the winged horses of his family and friend.

"However, there are some traits that they all have in common. Their bravery and will to protect those they consider their family... Say, how much do you know about stork drake?" Serik asked Emmaline. Although she hails from Estendor, Serik had heard before that not every places there have the problem with stork drakes like the plain he lives on has.

#9365B8

Emmaline looked up at Serik relieved that he wasn't upset with her for Angus behavior. As well insuring her as not to feel bad about the what happened with there skybeasts. Although, she just couldn't help and feel guilty for not being able to control her skybeasts behavior.

She didn't say a word just quietly listened as he spoke about how he was used to the different behaviors of the winged horses and that he understood as to why Angus acted like he did. Hearing him speak reinsured her hunch about him being from Estendor.

"Stork drakes?....I wouldn’t say I know very much about them...most were stories or things that my brothers or parents told me…" she replied knowing she should know more then she did due to it being a danger one could come across in the plains. Although were she lived they weren't as common as in other places in Estendor. Then again Emma was very sheltered for most of her life.
"I know they can be dangerous for our livestock and was best to keep away from them as well….yours is the first I had been able to see really up close"

Featuring:
AncientBird AncientBird #9365B8

"You heard it right." Serik replied about stork drake information Emmaline said. "Well, actually they aren't that dangerous unless you are an unguarded little child or injured traveler lost in the plain... But they are indeed a pain and a nuisance for us nomadic herders." Serik said, paused to take a glimpse over at Valkyrie, looking if she heard or understood what he said or not then looked back to Emmaline. "They are crafty livestock raider that will take lambs, calves and foals whenever they can. Winged horses are especially very wary when they are around. Snowmane, my friend's pegasus is a very docile and sweet horse, who wouldn't even retaliate even if her nose is bitten by a badger while she's grazing... But when any stork drake show up, she turns nervous, biting air and even attempting to charge them when they come too close to the herd. She has been like that even in the first day of her work in the plain after her taming. Other winged horses in our care are even more hostile to the drake than she is."

"So... I come to a conclusion that this is something every winged horses do. Stork drakes are apparently their natural nemesis and that's why it caused Angus to turned hostile at Valkyrie. Stork drake on the other hand, they are rather... Cautious in picking a fight with something. What I saw from those in the plain and from Valkyrie, they like to avoid any fight they don't think they can win or not worth risking for... Angus sure is a large and strong alicorn, right?"

"And in our current situation, we got an alicorn that want to get rid of my stork drake, and then there's the latter who wants to avoid any confrontation at all cause..." Serik stopped and showed Emmaline his sack. "So, I came up with an idea..." Serik said and then pulled out a bunch of fresh and plumpy carrots. Shrill who had already finished his jerky poked his head in to investigate the carrots, pulling his head back once he realized they were really not his food and cooed in disappointment.

"I think it'd be best if I, as the rider of Valkyrie would approach Angus myself." Serik started to explained. "Maybe, if Angus could trust me, he would end up trust Valkyrie too. Once the alicorn no longer be hostile, Valkyrie would learn not to be afraid of him eventually!" Serik smirked and lifted the carrots higher. "Every winged horses I know go crazy for these juicy carrots... What do you think?" He asked Emmaline.

#9365B8

Emmaline looked up at Serik with her complete attention. He knew more about stork drakes than she did. The short read-head now knew why her family was very keen on scaring her from being around or hiding when a Stork drake was around. But even though they did frighten her a bit she was always curious about them. And like everything the more her family restricted her in seeing or doing just peeked her curiosity even more.
“I see..” Emma softly said giving him a nod as Serik talked about the winged horses he knew and their temperaments. Her eyes wide taken in all the information that was being said to her. Emma gently nodded looking back towards Angus’s large head that stood beside her. “He really is….My mom Pegasus mare is lean and glamorous looking and one of my brothers also has a pegasus but compared to Angus he is small” she replied looking back at Serik.

“An idea?...” the redhead was curious now wondering what this idea was. She took a few steps forward away from Angus and making her way over towards Serik. The girl was curious to know what was within the sack. Now right next to Serik she leaned close to look as he opened it. Angus from his stale stood up straight keeping his full attention towards Emmaline as she walked away from his side, ready to knock down the door and move to her side at any signs of danger.

Emmaline happily smiles seeing the large bundle of carrots. “oh...Angus will love those…” she said and as in que the large alicorn spotted the carrots his ears pointing straight up in attention as he closely eyed the teat. “I think this will work out great!” Emma happily said clasping her hands together “the big guy adores treats...kinda how we actually meet” she added with a giggle looking back at Angus.

"Really? A peaceful first encounter then... Valkyrie was trying to kill me the first time we met. She broke my leg and almost choked herself to death by the rope!" Serik said gleefully but then his face suddenly turned sheepish and a bit disgusted. "Come to think of it, that was really messed up, wasn't it?" He said and faced palm.

The young man then turned his attention back to Angus. "Alright, here I go!" Said Serik as he slowly approached Angus. "Hello, big guy! I am Serik, I come in peace, I just want to be your friend, alright... Do you want some carrots, huh?" Serik said smilingly and slowly reached out a carrot from the bunch toward Angus.

#9365B8

"Well…I guess it wasn't as dangerous as others..." Emmaline said messing with one of her braids. "I did kinda….got stuck in a tree going after another sky beast before meeting Angus…" she added. "Oh my goodness really?!" the short girl looked back at Valkyrie. "She really tried to eat you?..." she softly said watching the stork drake. "You two had a really crazy time meeting each other…" she looked back up at Serik "maybe a little messed up…" she said pinching two of her fingers together as she spoke. "But hey...makes up a crazy meet-up sorry to tell…and besides your friends now" she added with a smile finding the silver lining of it.

Emmaline stood behind Serik, hands behind her back as she watched him moved closer towards Angus. The large equine stood up straight, accentuating his large stature. His eyes narrowed, focusing his attention on Serik as he walked closer to him. The alicorn’s attention falling on to that of the large carrot being help up to him. Angus slowly leaned towards the carrot, never letting down his guard he took a bite.

Serik was being as confident yet cautious as much as he could. He held the carrot out but didn't try to approach the horse further, instead allowing the equine to decide if he want to accept Serik's treat or not. Earlier interaction with his family's winged horses had taught him that these beasts couldn't be pushed beyond their own will and crossing the line could result in a grave danger... The boy would know... His uncle's pegasus Yak almost bit his hand off when he was just a mere little kid trying to reach to the pegasus for a pet. Luckily, Serik's family was fast enough to pull the boy away.

"Easy now... Easy..." Serik spoke to the horse in a calm manner. Angus approached him, his body gesture indicated that he had yet to fully trusted the boy, still he clearly wanted the carrot. Serik stood still and let the alicorn came up to him. And finally to Serik's joy, Angus took a bite of carrot out of his hand. Serik then immediately handed another one up. "Not so bad right? I was surprised a desert land like Westeros could grow such wonderful looking carrot." Serik said, waiting to see if the alicorn wants another or not.

#9365B8

Emmaline watched carefully as Serik interacted with Angus. It was noticeable that Serik had interacted with equines before. The redhead watched with a wide eyed excitement as Angus slowly lowered his head and took the first carrot from Serik. She could tell Angus was still unsure about him but at least he trusted him enough to take a treat from him and that was a great leap of trust in Emma’s eyes.

Angus slowly chewed the carrot looking at the human boy in front of him. He kept a close eye on his body language, making sure he didn't try anything Angus did not approve of. So far this boy that rode the foal and tiny creature eater seemed to be fine in his book. But Angus was ready to jump into action if this boy or the stork drake tried anything. As he finished the first carrot he looked over Serik looking back at his small human. Just checking if she was still there and well. He was received by a huge smile and a wave by her. He let out a huffed noise before looking back down at Serik, who was speaking about grown carrots or something. Noticing the second carrot being held out to him he leaned down and took it as well.

Seeing Angus taking the second carrot. Serik was overwhelmed with joy. He immediately offered the next carrot to the winged horse and turned toward Emmaline. "I think it's working!" He spoke and nodded his face toward Angus. Serik then handed some carrots toward Emmaline. "Why don't you come join us here? Angus would be happy if he get some treat from his own rider too." Said the young man.

Meanwhile, Valkyrie was poking her head out of the stall to see what her rider was doing. She seemed a bit confused and frustrated seeing Serik went over to feed another skybeast. However, she remained in her stall and just observed.

#9365B8

Emmaline softy clapped her hand and jumped up and down with joy. She couldn’t help and be happy about how great this was all going. Angus was being such a good boy cooperating with this little exercise of trust. Then again what equine in his right mind would refuse such yummy juicy carrots. Emmaline stopped jumping when Serik held out a few carrots to her. She smiled walking over, taking the carrots, he was right having her feed Angus as well would relax the large Alicon even more. The girl took her stand to the right of Serik, holding the large carrots in her arms.

Emma smiled up at Angus holding up a carrot to him. As the alicorn took the root vegetable, Emma reached up gently petted him just over the ridge of his nose. She was very please with the outcome so far, to be truthful she was a little worried things would have not to turn out as well, as Angus could be very stubborn. Emma lowered her hand and looked back towards Valkyrie noticing her looking over in their direction. “um...Serik?...Valkyrie might not be too happy with you giving this much attention to someone else that is not her” she said looking back up towards Serik

Hearing Emmaline called out about Valkyrie. Serik paused to looked at her. "Oh, yeah... She is watching..." Said Serik. The Estendorian boy handed the rest of his carrot to Emmaline. "Alright, I think I will try coming here to offer Angus more treats everyday. I hope he would completely warm up to my presence by the time we will have to head out of any mission." Said Serik.

The boy then turned toward Angus. "I'm glad you enjoy the carrots, big guy! I'll see you later!" He spoke cheerfully, yet still not risking any of his hands trying to pet the horse... Serik then turned back to Emmaline. "Thanks for discussing with me today. See you back at the dorm later! I will have to get back to Valkyrie now before that stork drake get any funny idea." Said Serik as he walked away, waving. Shrill who was still perching on Serik's shoulder made a an interested glare at Emmaline and Angus before starting to pester his owner for more food again.

Serik arrived back at Valkyrie stall and was greeted by his stork drake, who still seemed a bit frustrated. "Come on, Valkyrie... You know I did that for you." Serik said and patted the stork drake. "Once the alicorn stopped seeing us as threat, you won't have to freak out any time we get close to him. You are going to like that... Hear, have some jerky, alright?" Serik said and handed the beast a hand full of meat jerky, which Valkyrie quickly picked them all up and devoured within seconds.

#9365B8

Emmaline gently nodded “I like that idea Serik, I think that will help with Angus growing to trust you..” She smiled liking his idea to come and visit Angus every day. Although the mention of the mission made her feel a bit nervous as she was still unsure about the whole thing.

Angus looked over towards Serik and snorted at him in response to seeing him later. He had of course enjoyed the carrots, but was still unsure about the boy. Although if he were to bring more treats he might be able to tolerate his presence once again. “Oh, of course, it was nice talking to you too...okay see you” Emma replied happily with a wave as Serik walked off to his sky beast. She had quite enjoyed herself, she was glad that Serik had been so nice. She had actually been a bit nervous when seeing all of them the other night she and Eli were brought into this new group. But from the looks of it, everyone has been so nice to them.

Emmaline walked up to Angus and petted him just above his muzzle, before opening the stall door and walking in. She really hoped the interaction between Angus and Serik will work out and that her alicorn will at least tolerate Valkyrie. The girl really didn't even want to imagine what would happen if it didn't work out. Shaking the thought away she smiled up at the large equine “alright boy what about a good brushing and maybe we can go out for a quick flight?” she said as Angus agreed to it nuzzling his muzzle into her.

Time: Several years ago

Jo'su huffed air loudly. His eyes widely glared around his surrounding, showing fear and uncertainty. Limping behind him, his dragon skybeast was the only companion he had with him, and even though Jo'su knew how powerful she is, he was not at ease. The concern was also shown in the dragon, as she's connected to the man's emotion. She growled softly and often stopped to look around, sharing her rider's anxiety.

Jo'su was supposed to deliver an important message from his family to the herdmaster in Ocris. Being a resident from the southmost of the continent, his journey to the capital city had always been long and challenging... The Estendorian plain is a ruthless place that would test whoever dare to travel it without plan and caution... Which Jo'su unfortunately had neglected it prior to his trip. He was suggested to bring some of his friends along but the man simply denied. He thought that only his skybeast, a Westerosian rough-scaled dragon Mara would be enough to secure his journey and that extra companions would only slow him down.

Things didn't go as plan however, when a sudden whirl wind caught him and Mara out in the open and injured his skybeast. Mara could no longer fly and even walking had become very exhausting... The two had no choice but to slowly take their trip on foot... And the longer they stayed in the plain, the odd of running into something horrible increased...

It was the middle of the day, yet the sky was darkened by thick cloud as if a storm was about to come. Jo'su and Mara had been walking the entire morning and they were in need of some rest... But they couldn't... No, it wasn't the storm that concern him... There was something else.

Jo'su could hear yipping and whimpering noise no so far away, coming after the track they left. Dholes... They normally don't attack people and skybeast, prefering to stick with small hoofed beast that they can overpower easier... However, Mara's injury had probably caught their eyes and their curiosity drove them to stalk after the pair. Although they are small and puny-looking, these wild dogs are surprisingly enduring, capable of following potential preys for days.

------

Although the atmosphere was pretty dull and darkened, it didn't stop Valkyrie to stalk the plain as usual. She was hungry and she was hoping to find something, especially in the time before the storm like this that animals are usually forced to be on the move to find shelter. She wasn't alone today, Karrax had also tagged along. Normally, the two would forage separately and didn't really form any closeness outside of breeding season. They still tolerated one another more than any other stork drake.

Suddenly, Valkyrie noticed something from far away. Her golden eyes focused with precision... A human and a limping dragon, following by a pack of dholes... Suddenly, he had become interested and immediately headed to the direction, Karrax followed close behind.

------

By the corner of his eyes, Jo'su saw two looming shadow approaching from the sky. Great... Now stork drakes have come to join the chase, Jo'su thought. The wingdrakes are far more dangerous than dholes, however they too are cowardly creature, only when they are certain that prey is under total disadvantage to them that they would advance. Jo'su had his bow and arrows full in his socket and even though Mara couldn't fly, she could still breath fire... Both of them could easily take down the two stork drakes if fight is unavoidable.

------

Valkyrie and Karrax circled above the traveling human and dragon, estimating the chance that they might get something out of this event. Both of them didn't care much about the human, all of their hungry eyes laid on the limping and seemingly exhausted dragon... Soon, it would become even more tired and need to stop. Valkyrie led her companion down to the ground not so far away. They would continue their follow on foot. The presence of the larger predators made the dhole creating more distance from their supposed quarry, but they hadn't given up as well.

------

The sky got even darker and wind began to howl menacingly across the plain. Jo'su could barely see around him, not only because of the dimmed light but also the gust of wind that hurled sand and dust into his face. He kept telling himself that they might found a rock formation or patch of wood to take shelter and perhaps making a better stand against the following predators, still all he found was still the endless plain up ahead...

Suddenly, Jo'su heard a loud thud from behind. His blood ran cold as he turned around just to find out that Mara had collapsed to the ground, overwhelmed by exhaustion. She growled and panted heavily as Jo'su rushed back to his skybeast's side. Thing seemed to go down hill for him... Now his only reliable protection had become cripple, the odd of both rider and beast's survival was shaken... Taking out his bow and nocking his arrow, he waited near the lying dragon... Preparing his stand while also trying to console the tired beast to calm down and rest up.

First came the tall necks that end with gigantic beak of the stork drakes, approaching. They stopped further away, out of a reliable shot range and stood there ominously. Their cold eyes glaring straight toward Jo'su and his dragon. Jo'su tried to shout and waved his bow to discourage the two stork drakes from getting nearer. The wingdrakes however wasn't moved by such display, they keep standing there, watching...

As Jo'su was making scene on his spot, attempting to ward off the winged predators, he suddenly heard yipping noise from behind... He had totally forgotten about the dholes. The wild dogs used the storkdrakes as distraction while they themselves circled around and ended up at the opposite site, with jo'su and the dragon in the middle. In the short time, they had advanced so close that they could almost touch Jo'su. The man turned around and waved his bow at the wild dogs. unlike stork drakes, they are much more agile and make a very small and difficult to hit, moving target for arrow. Jo'su screamed at them and waved his bow, sometimes mock charging at them... however, his attempt seemed futile, the dhole had already gained confident enough to initiate an attack.

And just as he was trying to fend off the dhole, Mara's painful roar called Jo'su to turned back. His eyes widened in fear and disbelief. The two stork drakes had advanced while he occupied with the dhole that they literally came to stand next to Mara... One, a female with golden eyes and another, a male with red eyes. They started using their long beak to test the flesh of the exhausted dragon. Mara turned to hiss at her attacker, but she was too tired to even stand up, so her range of attack was limited, allowing the stork drake to evade her teeth and fire breath.

Both rider and skybeast did all they could to prevent their grim fate, but the predators were relentless, both the dholes and the stork drakes didn't seem willing to abandon their quarry.

------

The dragon still had some fight left in it, but since it couldn't move around to defend itself more efficiently, Valkyrie was confident that she could take on it. With Karrax and the dhole helping in creating distraction, she aimed to attack and damaged the dragon as much as possible. Her giant beak jabbed and pulled, eventually drawing blood while she herself also stepped around, avoiding the dragon or the man's retaliation.

Suddenly, her good hearing had caught up something... Something that the dholes seemed to sense as well, as they started to retreat in fear. Karrax screeched and turned back quickly before galloping away. Valkyrie was hesitate but eventually followed her companion suit. The human seemed to ease up after his assumption that he had already fended off the killer beasts... He couldn't be more wrong...

------

Thunderous screech suddenly filled the sky above. It was the noise that filled Jo'su entire body with pure horror... His situation had come from horrible, to nightmarish...

The heaviest wing beat ever to be heard in Jo'su's life came, revealing a skywrath drake descending from the sky. The titan of the Estendor plain had noticed the commotion and decided to join in. The dholes scattered in fear while the stork drakes backed away hurriedly. Mara roared in fear for this was the first time in her life to witness such humongous and strange looking beast, alas... It seemed it would be her last too...

WIthout any caution or care, the skywrath drake landed right next to Jo'su and his dragon. It advanced so fast, the man couldn't do anything but to dive away from its path or else he would be crushed under the giant. Mara screeched in fear and tried to get up, but it was too late. The giant, serrated beak of the drake clammed onto her neck, forcing her throat shut from sending out any fire to retaliate.

Jo'su lay still on the ground as he heard his skybeast screech in pain. He closed his eyes shut in terror, not wanting to hear or see anything... He felt agony, pain and fear in his mind he shared with his beast... And then... It's gone... Empty. The man slowly got up and looked back to see his dragon limped in the jaws of the giant. The skywrath drake seemed content for its score and dragged the dragon away, making way out like a pompous king in his throne room.

Jo'su sat there, looking at his skybeast being taken away. Everything happened so fast that his brain couldn't process anything... What should he feel? Fear, sorrow or guilt? But nothing seemed to come up inside him. As the skywrath drake disappeared from the view... Jo'su still sat there, alone... Nothing but the sound of the coming storm looming over head. The man had lost in his absent mind, so much that he didn't notice two towering figures approaching him from the side...

------

For Valkyrie... It was just another day in the plain... Nothing is fair, powerful beings take advantage on the weaker. She too would have to fight on. Breeding season was not far away and if she and Karrax would have any chance to succeed, she needed all the nutrition she could get...

And thus life would still go on... Here in the ruthless plain of Estendor.

Last edited:
Time: Late night, before rescue of Danube
Interaction: Open, your character would be awake or easily woken by rattling noises from outside.

Aldaf barely dreamt much anymore. He was always too tired to formulate an expanse in which he could relax or find reprieve. But tonight... was different.

Aldaf woke up in his own bed. Not his dorm bed, but the one in his home. He was back home in Sudenta. But... why?

Gathering himself and stepping outside, he immediately realized something was wrong. His house shouldn't be on the ground... a pathway lead off, a trail of the house being pulled. It had to lead back home.

The pathway kept leading on and on, the forest covering the path forward. Aldaf wiped some sweat off his forehead, it was getting too hot. A break in the tree canopy was up ahead, he'd be able to actually look around. Maybe it was home?

Aldaf trudged on, his legs hurting as he walked forward. His gut filled with a terrible sense of unease. The sunset filtered through the leaves, painting everything aglow with orange light.

It wasn't the sunset.

Aldaf emerged into the clearing of his hometown to see everything ablaze, screams of the dying now filling his ears. Burning people were being mauled by deathborn, ashes and burning wood falling to the ground and lighting the forest floor as well.

Aldaf watched with horror as the deathborn tore at his home and killed those he knew. He stood there until one took notice, before dashing back through the trees to his house.

The run back to his home was a nightmare. Instead of a thick forest canopy blocking the sun, it was a burning wildfire with people shishkebabed and mutilated on the branches.

Kari, her golden tattoos stained with blood..
Gerel, ripped in half with a look of terror...
Matthias, only a head as the branch went through the back of his skull and out the mouth...
Marylka, her body torn in two longways, blood dripping down onto the leaves below...
Katja, dozens of holes ripped through her body...
Zeke, only recognizable by that chain holding up his mutilated torso...

Screaming and crying, Aldaf tried to summon some wind to push him forward to no avail.

Emma, flowers burning on her corpse...
Eli, head smashed into paste...
Serik, bones broken and protruding from his body...
Caliban, impaled by his own spear...
Leandra, strung up by her intestines...
Ord, his spine crushed and his torso shredded...
Keshka, her face mutilated with bite marks...

Aldaf shut his eyes. He didn't want to take it anymore.

Aldaf arrived back at his house and slammed the door, everything going dim. Moonlight shone through the windows and he heard growling and squelching noises from in the other room.

Tenderly, Aldaf made his way into the room and could only look in abject horror.

Spica, half of her body stripped away to show her skeletal figure and a pulsing purple orb nestled between her ribs, was tearing into his mother with her mouth. She looked to be in pain, still struggling against his former Skybeast.

Aldaf turned and ran, the sounds of Spica's roar mingling with his mother's agonizing cries.

Aldaf threw open the door to escape outside, finding himself plummeting through the air straight down at the clouds below. He let out a scream of fear and anguish as the giant deathborn rose from below and snapped its jaws around him...

Aldaf jolted up in bed, sweating and breathing heavy. Rattling could be heard outside as Aldaf grabbed some shoes and left through the door.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro pinnasina pinnasina AquaMarie AquaMarie Elenion Aura Elenion Aura AncientBird AncientBird Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Last edited:
Time: 6 years ago

"Come now Serik, let's go to the market. We have a lot of buy today." Said Maselenne as she tightened her reed basket on to her back. "Have fun, you two." Said Karazan who was sitting on a chair inside the tent. "It's open season for fishing, expect to see something weird and strange caught from the river." Added Kerthek who was setting up fur on the panel.

Serik was quite excited. This time of year in Ocris, people all across Estendor would come to attend a special occasion. As his father said, it's the peak of rainy season and the river across Estendor would teem with life. River dwellers would take advantage of such bounty and come to Ocris to present their catch. Various kind of fish, water plants and precious river stones would be presented for trade in plenty. For others that do not live near the river, this is the best opportunity for them to trade and enjoy the goods that were forged by Lunenan herself.

This trip to the market place, Serik would go with his half-Northarian aunt in-law, Maselenne. Even though she has been a member in Tagaev family for less than Serik has, Maselenne is loved by everyone. Serik is fond of her kindness, soft speaking and optimism. Her rather grim and unfortunate background has forged her to be quite a tough and tolerant lady... She rarely ever complain about anything and is always a good listener. She is also quite a beautiful petite woman. Even though she inherits her body stature of Estendorian, her fair skin and electric blue eyes are obvious signs of her Northarian heritage.

"Let's see, we need dried shrimps, fish glue, fish jerky..." Maselenne repeated her shopping list. "Don't forget algae flake, and father said we can buy any fresh fish we want, as long as it's frozen by water magic." Said Serik. Maselenne's face glowed, she loved fresh fish dish, one of her favorite food which she often had back at Northaria. "Very well, let's get all the dry stuff first and we can go picking up some fish." Replied the woman.

Eventually, the duo were done with their needed items and head for the fresh fish section of the market place. They looked around in awe as rows of merchant with their beasts of burden or skybeasts stood proudly, presenting huge pile of various fresh fish and other aquatic quarries before them. While Tagaev family occasionally visits certain parts of the river, their unprofessional tools and skill only allow then to catch a few kinds of fish, thus many that were being sold there would be new and even alien to them.

Serik looked around gleefully. There were various species of carps, barbs, perches, the usual fish on the market. Pikes and trouts, normally found in the northern part of Estendor were also presented. There were also many species of winged-fish. While they do not need water habitat like their aquatic counterparts do, the increase of rain had attracted large shoal of them in land, far from the cloud they normally live in. Then there were the river monsters... Plaakao, the giant catfish, also known as the child taker. Most of them weren't so large as the one in the tales though and they were mostly sold to be stuffed and preserved as decoration to remind of their voraciousness rather than as food. Serik also spotted a couple of giant salamanders, a kind of huge amphibian that can grow as long as his height. It's said that city people in Ocris regard them as expensive delicacy, but for Serik, they look rather ugly and unpalatable to be considered food...

"So, what do we pick?" Serik asked his aunt. "Well, what do you want to eat?" Replied Maselenne. "Hmmm... I think I will let you pick, you like fish more than I do anyway." Serik insisted. Maselenne smiled. "Well, thank you... I think I would love some trouts. Could you go looking for some big ones? I think I will make some Northarian dish for all of us."

"That sounds great Maselenne! Alright I will look this way, you look that way. We will have to find the merchant that can freeze it for us."
Serik replied with a smile, flaring his dimples. Maselenne chuckled at her nephew and both went separate way, searching for the right trouts.

As Maselenne walked among the stalls. She suddenly bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry! My bad! I was not looking-" Her speech cut short as she gazed upon the person in the front, her face paled .

"Hello, Maselenne... It's been a while..."

The speaker was a big man, one of the largest Estendorian any could have found. "Xanadu..." Maselenne spoke with shaking voice. Xanadu is Maselenne's cousin from her Estendorian' side... The side that has always despised and been cruel to her. She had lived with them for a while after she had to move from her birth place in Northaria... They ended up nearly sell her to be a concubine of a rich merchant. If it wasn't for Serik's uncle, Karazan to take her away from them... Who know what condition would she be in nowadays... Also, judging from Xanadu's eyes as he looked at her, the spite from losing her to a herder hadn't been subsided.

"You seem real content with your life, don't you?" Spoke Xanadu, his eyes narrowed in disgust at the present of the woman. "Yes... It's everything I ever hope for." Replied Maselenne. She tried to make herself bolder and more confident, but the haunting memory of her past seemed to return and it shook her to her core. "I'm glad you are happy... After destroying your own family by marrying that steppe scum off instead of going for the spice lord... Our business had never been so damaged after being boycotted by him." Xanadu growled, his anger became significantly clearer.

"You all never care about me, only your fortune... Also it was your arrogance that ruined you all that day, not me." Replied Maselenne. "Watch you mouth, half-blood bitch! Given freedom and now you are talking back to me, huh?" Xanadu growled even loudly, his face turned red. The people in the street began to notice the confrontation and stopped to watch. "Yes! Now that I am free from that hell, I have realized I am worth more as a person that any of you could ever be!" Maselenne spoke up, letting out all of her frustration she had at her cousin.

Then it came, faster than Maselenne could react... The palm of the big man slapped across her face, with such force that it made her entire body rotated and collapsed to the floor, her reed basket fell and spilled all the items on the street. Maselenne got up, her hand clutched around the pain on her face and tear began to roll down. "You had it coming, you little filth! Now you will pay for the rest you've done to us!" Said the big man, his teeth gnashed with fury. Xanadu walked slowly toward Maselenne, about to beat her up some more.

Suddenly, someone slipped in between the big man and the woman. It was Serik, the boy who was barely half the height of the man who struck down his aunt in-law. "Don't you dare lay any fingers on her again!" Serik shouted at the big man, grinding his teeth. "Serik! Get out of here!" Maselenne called her nephew, her eyes widened in fear for the boy's safety. "Move aside, you pipsqueak!" Xanadu growled at Serik and with his one hand, pushing the boy hard, sending him to the ground.

Serik fell on his buttock, but he wouldn't be stopped by just that... Before Xanadu could reach Maselenne, the boy had already been back on his feet and rushed at the lumbering brute. He kicked at the bully's leg from behind... Although it didn't do much, it drew Xanadu's attention to him. As the big man turned around to face the boy, Serik sent out another kick, this one landed directly between the brute's legs...

Xanadu howled in pain as he clutched between his groin. Serik ran toward his aunt, helping her to get up. "What are you doing?! Get out of here, Serik! It's too dangerous!" Maselenne said to her nephew. "Not without you, Maselenne... Let's go!" Replied the boy. "My leg hurts, I can't move fast." Maselenne said as she tried to stay balance on her feet.

Suddenly, the huge hand of Xanadu reached in and grabbed Serik by his shoulder. The brute had recovered and he was boiling with rage. He pulled Serik closer, about to punch the boy across his face. But the boy wouldn't stay still. He trashed, kicked and managed to grappled on the brute's arm, then without any thought, sinking his teeth into Xanadu's bared arm. The big man screamed in pain and retaliated with a quick swipe of his arm, sending Serik off and landed on a nearby stall. The boy was knocked out cold.

"You little prick! I will kill you!" Xanadu growled loudly. However, before he could reach Serik, the city guards had arrived and quickly rushed and restrained him. As the big brute was captured for making a scene and assaulting a woman and a child, Maselenne rushed toward the unconscious Serik, who had been surrounded by the bystanders trying to help. "Serik! My nephew!!!" Maselenne called with tearful eyes. "He will be alright, he just knocked his head real hard." One of the bystander spoke to Maselenne before letting her in. The woman quickly embraced the boy and hugged him tight.

----------

"Serik..."
"Serik..."

Serik heard his father's voice. He slowly opened his eyes. He had already been back to the tent and was surrounded by his father, his uncle... And of course Maselenne. "Maselenne... Is my aunt alright?" Serik slowly asked, still dizzy from his trauma. "She's fine... Her leg hurts a bit but it will be alright." Karazan replied. Maselenne quickly came to Serik's side and hugged him. "You stupid boy! What came into you? You could have been hurt far worse..." Said the woman. "I heard him speaking to you... Scorned you... Then hit you... How could I stay out?" Serik replied slowly. Hearing the boy, Maselenne smiled with tearful eyes. "You aunt said you were very brave back there, Serik. I am so proud that you are willing to protect our family... But you could have called for help instead of putting yourself in danger." Kerthek spoke to his son, none the less... He affectionally stroke the boy's raven hair. Serik gave his father a soft smile and laid back down to rest some more. "Will that man be a problem?" The boy asked again. "The guards had taken him, he will likely be punished for his action... He will not bother us again." Karazan replied as he pulled Maselenne close, likely to console her from that experience as well. "Everything will be fine, Serik... Now you must rest first." Added Kerthek.

"Rest and be at ease, you deserve it... My little badger."

The Rite of Blood

Time: 55 years ago

Chapter 1: The Cult

Munira sat quietly on her rocky seat as she scanned all around the newly lit bonfire. Aside from her usual companion Bulat and his trained eagle, there were 3 other people which she only had just met today. They were also doing their own thing and didn’t communicate among themselves much, indicating that they didn’t know each other just as much as Munira knew them. The awkward silence was making her uncomfortable.

“So… Could you tell me more about this target we are after?” Asked Munira, directing it at the largest man, with dark skin. He had his long, wavy hair tied into a bun and his sleeveless shirt showed a gorgeous yet, ominous looking dragon tattoo on his muscular arm. “Also, what was your name again, sorry… Didn’t catch that after the Herdmaster introduced us.” Added the young woman.

“Kiro Thornwall” Said the man, his voice deep and stoic.

“You wish to speak about the Cult of Blood?” Asked the man. “Yes, the cult thingie we are supposed to hunt down.” Said Munira, scratching her arm just to cast away the awkwardness. “What is so urgent about them that he had to call you all the way from Sudenta?” Added the woman.

Kiro silently looked at the younger woman. His eyes were stoic and cold, emotionless like a caged buzzard. “The Cult of Blood, a group of like minded people. Instead of embracing the 5 gods and goddesses, they reject them… And instead elected a false god who they believed to be the only master of Skyland, the all powerful being who has been keeping the world in balance and provided mankind with all 5 magics, as well as the tamer of the first skybeast… Dozenku the Upbringer was what the cultists call this false god.”

Kiro paused for a bit. Munira could tell that the man had so much disdain in his word as he described their subject. The big Sudentarian then continued his story. “However for Dozenku to keep the world in balance, he needs to be fed… To have his power constantly restored. He would need the essence that is considered to be the most pure… The essence of Dozenku’s most wonderful creations, that is the symbol of unity of mind and strength. A human and his bonded skybeast, must have their blood spilled, at least once a month to ease Dozenku’s hunger.”

“Well, that sounds terribly excessive to maintain for a god…”
Replied Munira. Although she wasn’t the most devoted person to the gods and goddesses and never considered them savior to her, she had to admit that they are definitely better to be around than this Dozenku.

“... And for that, the cultists committed heinous crimes, they abducted people and their skybeast companions, killed them in a bloodiest of rite to satisfy their false god. Families torn apart, society live in fear and the sacred beast companions who share our life, slaughtered in the most gruesome way possible.” Said Kiro.

“You sure know a lot about them, huh?” Asked Munira. “Of course, I was one of the very first to witness this atrocity when it was first born in Sudenta. My wife and her beast… Were among the first batch of their prey…” Said Kiro, his eyes shone with pain.

The revelation of Kiro’s back story drew attention from both Bulat and the other two men who were doing their own thing earlier. They all looked at the big man. Munira’a face dullened. Even though she wasn’t much of the sensitive type, she still hated to hear about such misery.

“I am sorry to hear that, Kiro.” Replied Munira.

“After that day, I swore to myself and my beloved one that I will hunt down and dispatch those lunatics no matter the course. I chased them across Sudenta, tore down their hideouts and slaughtered their members wherever I found… I thought I had all eradicate them, until the council of Estendor sent news of their resurgence here.” Said Kiro, his eyes locked on his metal pike he had been holding all the time they spoke.

“And we sure will end them all here, my Sudentarian friend!” Said one of the men standing up. “I am Koban Yakonov. I was hired by the council to help in this course. I didn't expect the background to be this grim and heretics and was honestly just hoping for some big cash… But now, I will fight for the safety of Estendor and in the honor of the gods and goddesses!” Declared the man whose names Koban.

Great… One of those overly dramatic people with hero speech and tendency… Munira rolled her eyes at Koban’s enthusiasm and act… Still she welcomed him. At least he would be willing to face the menace.

The other man sat quietly for a while then spoke up. “I am Yokai Wolfbane… I came for the hunt… These cultists will make a worthy prey for me.” The man said plainly.

“What about you, brother?” Koban gestured toward Bulat. The young man replied with a silent glare for a bit then answered in the most simple way possible. “I am Bulat… I train eagles and I am with her.” He nodded toward Munira.

“I am Munira Tagaev. I am just an adventurer, but I don’t mind helping you kicking some lunatics’ asses.”

Said Munira with a big grin on her face.

To be continued...

Sudentan Carver

Characters: Mrs. Joshen, or Tiffany Joshen. Other characters open, probably side characters.
Time: Variable, currently during story.

Tiffany swept out the store, feeling what so many other mothers felt when their children went off to the Proving. What they'd call it... Empty Nest? Or was that an Estendor saying... No matter. For the first time in a while, it really felt like the place she set up her store and home was unnaturally empty. She'd just wrapped up her deliveries for the day, so all that was left was the local people coming in asking for some carved stock or asking for an order.

Which was the case with an older lady who looked to be in her mid fifties. She walked in rather slowly, observing the stock. Her eyes settled on a simple carving of a Skybeast she saw during the Proving, being of Zephyr, but she didn't know the creature's name.

"How much is this one for?" She points to it and turns to Tiffany. She smiles sweetly and replies "Only 30."

One sale later, the lady was gone and Tiffany was back to sweeping.

The Rite of Blood

Time: 55 years ago

Chapter 2: The King Under The Mountain

Bulat stood high atop a rock formation. He was in the middle of the great plain, eyes focused on the far horizon. Nothing on his body moved aside from his long ponytail that was blown and swayed in the wind. In the sky high above, his golden eagle, Sita soared with her great wings, wider than a man’s arms fully stretched.

“You see any promising place?” Munira approached the young man, leading a couple of horses behind her. “There is a small mountain range in the east.” Bulat replied plainly.

“Why are we looking for a mountain range anyway?” Asked Koban as he rode into the scene on his skybeast, a large pure white winged wolf, behind him came Kiro, riding a wapiti-liked peryton and Yokai, riding a wyvern.

“Well, if a group of maniacal cult is to operate here in Estendor, their only option is to find somewhere isolated and easy to hide… Like in a mountain or canyon.” Munira explained. “Well, let us make haste there then… Why didn’t you two take a proving ceremony anyway? We could just get around easier on wings.” Said Koban, looking a bit annoyed that the party would have to travel all the way on foot. “It's my personal matter, alright? And Bulat there didn’t have anyone to look after him until only lately so he never had a chance to take the proving. Also, if we want to be stealthy, we should approach them on the ground, not flying into their watchman’s eyes!” Said Munira.

“Munira is right… The cult was dispatched once. This time they will be much more cautious.” Kiro added into the conversation. “Fine…” Replied Koban as he ushered forward.

It took a solid two hours for the party to finally reach their destination. A field of rock formations that led into a giant canyon welcomed their arrival. “Look at this place! I have never seen so many rock formations scattering around like this!” Said Koban as he looked in wonder at the place. “I don’t think any of us have…” Replied Munira. “It’s among the furthest places for any normal people to have any reason to come. Not a suitable place for herds to graze, not a usual traveling route and these rocks seem useless for ores mining.”

“...A perfect place for the cult to hide…”
Added Kiro as he looked around, his face as stoic as ever. Yokai who had barely said anything throughout the journey also looked around constantly, although it was hard to say if he was in awe of the place or was just trying to look for the sign of his quarry…

The party ventured deeper into the rock formation field. The closer to the canyon, the bigger the formations were. They were shaped into various forms by rain and wind. Munira watched in awe as she rode her horse past each rock. Although she had been on adventure for several years already, something like these rocks were new to her.

“You seem captivated by these rocks?” Koban asked as he rode to her side. “Well, yeah… I have never seen something like this on my home plain.” Replied Munira. “You are quite an interesting woman, Munira. I have never seen any so eager to go out and explore like this before, let alone joining a party for bounty hunting.” Said Koban. “Oh, I like so many things that would deem a woman strange and unlady-like, alright.” Replied the young woman.

“Well, I think the world needs more women like you then… You know, being interesting and not afraid of going out to be herself.” Said Koban with a grin. Munira peeked back at the tip of her eyes and rolled it, yet she smiled in return. She knew well when men are being cheesy to impress… “Also, sorry for being fussy about not being able to fly earlier… Still, I am curious about why you didn’t take the proving. Did you do it on purpose?” Asked Koban again.

Munira gazed back at the man. She frowned a bit, thinking whether she would answer it or not, but then she shrugged and continued on. “I just want to prove that one can be as capable as doing a task without the help of skybeasts. In the herder community where I came from, people with skybeasts boasted of their strength and capability, thinking that they are better than anyone for taking to Arebos and acquired the mighty skybeasts to be on their side.” Explained Munira.

“And you have proven your point?” Asked Koban. “Well, kind of… So far, I have slain beasts, big or small, fighting off bandits, taken on fighting rings and defeated many that own skybeasts… Still, I envy them for being able to travel faster on the wings though.” Said Munira.

Bulat watched Munira and Koban’s conversation go on from behind. His stoic expression had barely ever changed, however there were some hints in his eyes that he didn’t quite enjoy seeing the scene in front of him, the scene of Munira smiling and speaking comfortably at the presence of a quite good looking man they had only met for a few days.

Suddenly, something called Bulat attention. It was Yokai, the person who rode at the back of the party, suddenly stopped his wyvern and froze in place. Not so long, the other skybeasts and horses stopped in their tracks as well, kicking and looking around nervously. In the sky Sita screeched loudly and frantically, getting the message clearer that something was absolutely off.

“What’s happening?” Munira asked as she looked back at the others. “Something’s nearby… Something nasty…” Replied Yokai, his first ever speech of this day.

The strange looking man then leaped off his wyvern companion. His skin and bone body lay close to the ground, his ears attached to the dusty ground as Yokai held his breath and listened. Everyone in the party seemed to know what they needed to do and stayed absolutely silent to let the man do his job.

Yokai lay there for a while, then he sprang up. His already serious face became even more so. “It’s here!” He cried. “Everyone stick together! Form a circle and ready your weapons!” Kiro spoke and pulled out his sabre.

The entire party, humans and mounts, packed together into a formation. Bulat readied his bow and arrow, Koban took out his pike, Yokai revealed his dual battle sickles and Munira took out her family heirloom, the scimitar Sharptooth, all ready to battle whatever came their way.

Suddenly, a sound of rock grinding under heavy weight could be heard. Loud hiss and breath of a large animal came from a direction. A figure appeared, a large serpentine creature. Its giant body had the girth that probably requires 5 men to fully embrace it. Its head, as big as some of the rock formation, was snake-like, with a wide gape full of sharp teeth. Its amber eyes with slit pupils looked at the party like a cat over a mouse.

“A rock wyrm…” Yokai muttered. “Nobody moves a muscle…” Added Kiro. Munira looked at the giant reptile, not sure if she should be in awe or terrified. The massive creature was bigger than any creature she had ever seen, saving for the titanic skywrath drake which she had yet to face one this dangerously close.

The rock wyrm hissed loudly as it lifted its head up and flared up an imposing hood like a giant cobra. Venom filled saliva dripped from its mouth like a leaked waterskin. Six limbs tipped with sharp claws scraped on rock, creating ear-piercing squeaking noise that sent some of the party’s members (notably Koban) to gnash their teeth uncomfortably.

“It looked more frustrated than hungry… It would have pounced if it wanted to eat us.” Said Kiro as he mentioned the creature’s behavior. “What about we slowly stepped away… You know, like when facing a cobra.” Munira asked, eyes still focused on the massive wyrm. “Good idea, let’s do that… We can’t afford to risk fighting this thing.” Added Koban.

With a signal, the entire party slowly backed away from the creature, continued on their path while still facing the rock wyrm, making sure that it wouldn’t change its mind and give chase. Eventually, as the party was far away enough, the wyrm lowered its hood and it continued on its path, growling and hissing loudly.

“You know this creature?” Koban asked as the group continued on. Yokai nodded and replied. “King under the mountain… It rules undisputed in the cave system and underground tunnel… Nasty venom in their saliva. But this one, it’s very strange…” Said Yokai as he scratched his head. “How so?” Munira asked curiously. “Rock wyrms live their entire life in caves… Rarely ever venture out this far.” Replied the older man. “Maybe it got chased out by another rock wyrm?” Koban suggested. “Possible, but unlikely...” Yokai replied with grimmed face. “They always fight with savagery, often killing one another. This one is unscathed.”

“Well, whatever the circumstance… We will have to be much more careful now. Other than a group of lunatic murderers, now there is a rock wyrm lurking about. Our mission is going to be far more dire than we thought.”
Said Kiro and the rest of the group nodded in agreement. The party kept heading toward the canyon as the sun began to set lower in the sky.

To be continued...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back