• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter

Skyheart - Little Feathers

Sub thread for extra interactions

2de988076caf24887d1c4605f8ea99bf.jpg

Lore Characters OOC Main Art

This thread is designed to give the active posters as much space as they want, while also keeping the main thread at a stable pace for everyone involved.
Running interactions in this thread has a few instructions, but I will never limit the posting quantity here.

1. You must put the location and time of your interaction in every post, and who the interaction involves. The time relates to the events in main, so for example

Time: The proving
Characters: Kari & Zeke

2. You must colour your text for that specific interaction in every post, so people can separate the ones that might be occurring at the same time. It helps to put the colour code in the information to, so the others involved can match your colour.

3. You must tag the people you are interacting with, so they know you want their attention.

That's it! Please have fun! All the conduct rules mentioned in the original thread apply.

Last edited:
Time: Before the proving ceremony
Characters: Serik, Gerel and Marylka

YumenoTsukishiro said:
To his amusement, Serik played a magic trick with hazelnuts and Marylka's fur hat. Nothing he hadn't seen before, but the admiration in Serik's eyes was heartwarming. "Maybe you can work that magic on me as well. I'm curious to see how you'll do," Gerel said.

"Sorry, this is the only trick I know. I only just figured this one out." Serik said and chuckled.

Then man names Aldaf and the grumpy one whose called Ezekiel came at them and shared some sandwiches. Serik was a bit unsure due to the Westerosian man's behavior earlier, but since he seemed much more accepting this time, he decided to receive the sandwiches, along with Gerel and Marylka.

"Thank you two so much for the sandwich." He said and softly smiled back at them. Serik began to munch down his sandwich and hazelnut when Gerel had this idea that they should pay a visit to the god shrine. The ceremony was coming nearer and they would need some blessing for this task. Serik finished all his food and followed Gerel to the shrine. "Come on, let's go together." He called Marylka.

Serik arrived at the shrine. It's large and grand, not as big as the one in Ocris but still a marvelous sight to see. He knelt before the statues of the five gods and goddesses, Helian, Celesta, Lunenan, Ventar and Casseus. Praying to them for him and other participants to be safe and successful.

Featuring: YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Saturn_moon Saturn_moon SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy kase9187 kase9187
Text color: #41A85F

Time: Before the Proving Ceremony
Characters: Serik, Gerel, Marylka, Zeke, Aldaf, Katja

Aldaf chuckled. "My question extends to you three as well. Does anyone have any idea what you'll get up there? Or rather what you want?" He wanted to alleviate tensions, it seemed. "Personally, I'm hoping for a dragon or wyvern of some sort." He pulled out the little wyvern carving he had, fiddling with it some. It held some importance to him, that was definite.

Featuring: AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Last edited:
Characters: Serik, Gerel, Marylka, Zeke, Aldaf

Serik looked at Aldaf and thought for a while. "I guess I might want a pegasus. Nearly everyone in my family and neighborhood have pegasuses. They are pretty resourceful, loyal and intelligent. My friend Timur has a rare pure white one he named Icemane. She was the fastest pegasus among the rest, very playful too... But whatever god blessed me with, I won't complain... Even if it isn't a pegasus." Serik answered.

Featuring: kase9187 kase9187
Text: #41A85F

Last edited:
Characters: Serik, Gerel, Marylka, Aldaf, Zeke, Katja

Marylka had never been particularly religious. Sure, she said her daily prayers and carried out rituals as required, but all these were done more out of habit than in faith. Having grown up in the grasslands far from the capital, she only ever visited the temple is Ocris once and even then she had been more fascinated by the architecture than the gods. It was ironic really, considering she herself was a magic user, a gift believed to be from the gods themselves. She often wondered if her lack of faith would make her a weaker mage than the rest.

Now standing in the temple, watching as the others prayed, she felt self-conscious and exposed. She got on her knees, clasped her hands and shut her eyes as they did but her prayers drew a blank. Minutes passed before she heard some movement next to her. They're done! Opening her eyes, she noticed Aldaf standing up and quickly followed suit. "Let's get going. We have a Proving to complete!" He exclaimed, laughing. "Does anyone have any idea what you'll get up there? Or rather what you want?"

Marylka shrugged. "I've never thought about it. Alicorns, Pegasuses and Perytons are the most common in Estendor so maybe one of those?"

AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Last edited:
Characters: Serik, Gerel, Marylka, Aldaf, Zeke

Serik turned to both Gerel and Marylka. "So what part of Estendor are you two from? I am from the south, close to the southern lake, but we often move our flock lower to the river region. The weather is mostly good there. We never go across the river though, that's where the 'winged demons' roam the land."

skyheart-map-w-test-jpg.669950

Featuring: Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Characters: Serik, Gerel, Marylka, Zeke, Aldaf

It may come as a surprise to a lot of people, but Gerel depended on the five deities for most things he did. He didn't consider himself religious, though a lot of his mother's teachings influenced him at a very young age. For him, it was a matter of logic; according to their earliest records, the five deities rescued the remnants of mankind from a ruined world, and placed them close to heaven on floating islands. He could not fathom the forces that keep the landmasses aloft, or the conditions that allow them to live as they were below. To him, this was nothing short of divine work.

His prayers done, he noticed his other Estendorian companions just finishing up their prayers. Marylka somewhat looked... unsettled. Gerel took note of this, hoping that he could help her with whatever it was troubling her. In the meantime, he decided to entertain the questions up in the air. "For mount, I would like an alicorn. Horse archery is hard enough on the ground. How challenging would it be up in the air," he said, then added, "Though if the five deities would allow it, taming a Kirin would be a great honor..."

To Serik, he said, "I'm from the Eastern Plains, where our herds graze. The sunsets there are breathtaking. When we're done with the Proving, perhaps you two would like to come and see it?"

AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

"I'm quite a way from you two. My family's based up in the north. Along the mountain range." Marylka replied.

She thought of her mother sitting by the stove humming to herself a traditional Estendorian ballad while cooking stews of every kind.
She thought of her father out in the fields, herding their animals, occasionally smoking on his pipe. Sometimes, she would catch him talking to one of the cows as if they were an old friend.
She thought of the small yurt she and her siblings shared. In winter, when the temperatures fell and snow started to fall, the four of them would curl up under the furs and make up fantastical adventures to pass the evenings. What would they do now that she was gone? Who was going to take care of them?
And of course she thought of her grandfather. Her best friend and confidant. How strange it was for one's grandfather to be their best friend, but he was her everything. Was? Is? She couldn't be sure anymore.

The thought weighed on her heart like a stone in the ocean. Pushing it aside she smiled at Gerel.
"I would love to visit your home. I've never had friends my age before. So even if I were to fail the proving at least there is that."

AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro explosiveKitten explosiveKitten kase9187 kase9187 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy

Last edited:
Characters: Serik, Gerel, Marylka, Aldaf, Zeke

"I believed we have passed your plain occasionally, Gerel." Serik answered. "On our skybeasts' back to Ocris, perhaps we might have seen your herd several time before. It would have been easy for me to pay you a visit later." Serik then turned toward Marylka. "Oh, I heard a lot of good thing up north. I heard it's beautiful up there with much more plentiful snow and scenery, most importantly not as many savage beasts as in the south. Is that correct?" Serik asked the girl. Marylka seemed to be comfortable around new friends so far and it brightened Serik's heart. Gerel who seemed stoic and silent at first turned up not so bad as well, perhaps he might have found another set of long term companions that could count on?

"If you two decide to come down to visit my home. I could show you the river and the wood there, especially in spring it got really lively and colorful from all the flowers and migratory birds." Serik said.

Time: Before the Proving

Aldaf chuckled. "I'm from down south. Sudenta's my home, but I get around some. Mostly because my mother receives commissions for toys and mantle pieces." He reminisced on the land he called home.
"We have a lot of colorful flora, and the place has this scent of... pure nature. Like you take a deep breath and you can feel the forest in your lungs. The view from the trees is spectacular, and getting there is good exercise. We have a bit of exotic fruits and such. It's really just something else."

Aldaf turned to Zeke. "And what about you, Gryphon-head? What about your home?"

Featuring: AncientBird AncientBird explosiveKitten explosiveKitten SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Serik looked at Aldaf. "Ah, Sudenta. We have never been to other continents. I heard from the researcher at Ocris that the place has trees as big as mountain and that sun barely set its light upon the ground. It would be wonderful to set eyes on such place indeed. However I also heard of rare wildlife and monsters that lurk in the shadow too. Is that true, Aldaf? How would you cope with such danger in your daily life?" He asked, eager to learn more about foreign land he never knew much about.

Featuring: kase9187 kase9187

Aldaf looked back on his time at home. "We usually keep up higher than most of the creatures can climb. Most of us are good climbers."
He pulled out his bow and boomerang. "We also get really good at keeping a distance when hunting. But below the trees, the ground is damp and wet. It doesn't get dry much, so a lot of plants that require low light or really wet environments grow down there." He put his weapons away.
"We have to get good at fighting off the faster beasties when we hunt as well."

Featuring: AncientBird AncientBird

The moment he saw Marylka's smile, Gerel wondered whether the sunsets, bright and fiery like tongues of fire in the pale dusk, would shine more beautifully if she were sitting there on the grassy plains watching it. Then when Serik offered to come, the picture in his thoughts became more vibrant. Friends. The word sounded foreign in his mind. Qadan was someone he once thought a friend, but that didn't exactly work out the way he wanted to. Bully. That was the word he was more acquainted with. Perhaps these two would show him the true meaning of the word.

"It's settled. Once we're done with the Proving, let's go visit each other's homes," Gerel said, looking down on the floor to hide his flustered cheeks. From then on he remained silent, even as he listened to Aldaf's stories about Sudenta with rapt attention.

AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro explosiveKitten explosiveKitten kase9187 kase9187 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy

Aldaf pointed to his scar. "I actually managed to get this bad boy once while I was hunting! I was about to fire down on a nice bit of meat when I got jumped by a four legged beast! It tackled me to the ground, knocked the bow out of my hand. I held him off, and he managed to nick my face. I got to a dagger and got him in the neck, so I at least got something out of the hunt. I mean, besides my cool scar." His wide grin suggested that it might be truth, but it might not be. He didn't seem intent to answer the question of it being real or not though.

AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro explosiveKitten explosiveKitten SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

"In the plain, it's mostly wolves or dholes. Sometimes bears and tiger, especially close to the wood area. They mostly pose threat to our flock than to ourselves, but with our weapons and skybeasts companion, they aren't much of a threat. The real problem is the bigger things. Stork drakes and wyverns, major pests to our flock in the south. They can snatch up lambs and disappear before we could do anything. My father had seen griffon preying on camel once when he was young but I have never seen one. The biggest threat overall, is the 'winged demon'..." Serik became more serious after mentioning the creature.

"Ravenous beast with cruel beak. It towers over every creature in the plain. We have many names for them. The researchers in Ocris call them Skywrath drake, my mother's old clan from lower south calls them winged demon and my grandmother personally call them husband-eating, widow-making, son of the hell bastard..." Serik said.

"It can swallow a foal whole, tearing flesh like nothing can... Arrows barely put a stop to it. But the worst thing about them... One of it took my grandfather's life... I was only one year old at the time. It ambush the flock during a big dust storm in a summer while my grand father was herding alone, all was left of him was his fur hat taken back home by his pegasus..." Serik finished. He was terrified to mention that story, but at least he was too young at the time to understand the loss well. He would never mention it in front of his grand mother though.

Featuring: kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro explosiveKitten explosiveKitten SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Zeke was silent for a minute as he followed the group around, he thought it'd be better for now if he doesn't say anything to worsen his situation. He somehow felt Stitt eyeing Gerel's falcon, who he still doesn't have the name of, with the pure intention of making it his mission to be the falcon's friend. Zeke watched as the group bantered around. They've just sent their prayers to the gods and are now making their way to god-knows-where. Zeke almost had a fright when Aldof said, "And what about you, Gryphon-head? What about your home?"
"Interested in meeting my parents I see."
He gave him a knowing smirk, his yellow eyes glimmering mischievously. "Westeros is just a plain old boring land filled with sand. And that's all about there is to it." And also politics, mean clanmates and more sand. "I wouldn't recommend going there anyway unless you're looking for Mage Business and some limited copies of scrolls and books."
Zeke was, to say the least, a not-so-proud citizen of Westeros.

Tags: AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro explosiveKitten explosiveKitten kase9187 kase9187

"I'm sorry. That must have been awful." Aldaf put his hand on Serik's shoulder. He looked to Zeke. "Nothing at all to say about your home? Nothing like the rolling sands? The peace of seeing just... nothing around for miles? The peaceful quiet of the winds blowing and not a single voice for miles?" He could tell Zeke didn't like his home, probably from his exile. "And what about other places? Where have you visited?" He wanted to get Zeke's mind off of Westeros.

AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro explosiveKitten explosiveKitten SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Hearing about Serik's family and the tragedy of the winged demon, Gerel said nothing. He placed a hand on the boy's shoulder and gave a reaffirming squeeze. Without words, he wanted Serik to know that he was there for solidarity. It would've been solemn, if it weren't for Talon digging her... talons a little too deep. She was craning to gaze at the little gryphon near Ezekiel, the one person Gerel still didn't know what to make of. Ignoring him was the course of action for now. Talon had different ideas, apparently, and it was all because of that gryphon.

Tags: AncientBird AncientBird SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy explosiveKitten explosiveKitten kase9187 kase9187

Serik looked at Aldaf and Gerel and smiled softly. His eyes shone with thankfulness for their support. Although he wasn’t the one who’s directly affected by the loss of his grandfather but he sure know that his grandmothet would appreciate his new friend’s condolences for sure. His parent used to tell him that grandma was heartbroken once they found out what happened. She cried for day and night... His poor grandma, she’s always a strong and cheerful woman. He never could have imagined any force that could bring her tear pouring out.

Kari came in to joined them, but soon she reminded them that they should left the shrine and back to our witness and began our ceremony. Serik got up and followed her outside.

Featuring: kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro SilverFlight SilverFlight

Time: Evening, shortly after setting up camp.
People: Aldaf, Zeke

"Hey, Zeke! Mind helping me hunt for some firewood? We need to keep the fire going." He hoped to get Zeke out of the ears of the others, finally try and get some answers.

SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy
Text: #FAC51C

Last edited:
Time: Nightfall, after the fireside chat.
People: Serik, Marylka

Everyone spread out to rest and preparing things for tomorrow around the bonfire. The temperature was dropping lower and lower but it barely affected Serik who is used to chilling night in the plain so he could endure it easily.

Serik found Marylka sitting alone near the fire. “May I join you?” The young man asked as he sitting down next to her.

Serik looked around awkwardly and then spoke. “The sky is so clear tonight... Perhaps, if you aren’t busy... Would you watch the stars with me?” He said, his face reddened a bit.

Featuring: Saturn_moon Saturn_moon
Text: #54ACD2

As dusk turned to night and the conversation slowed, everyone gradually split off in to smaller groups either to rest or do whatever it was that they needed to do. Marylka chose to stay in the cave by the fire where it was warm. If she was being honest, being around so many new people and varying personalities was a little tiring and she was glad to have a moment alone. She watched as the flames danced over the logs and cast shifting shadows across the cave walls. There was something mesmerizing about it and the longer she watched the flames the more she felt the weight of her worries lighten.

Serik returned not long later. "Mind if I join you?" He asked.

"Sure." She replied, gesturing to the space next to her. Serik seemed a little tense, nervous almost. He came off as some one quite cheerful - Not as cheerful as Caliban of course. He was hard to beat when it came to optimism - and a little silly at times. So far, he had fit in quite easily with the most of the group, making easy conversation with everyone he met.

“The sky is so clear tonight..." He suddenly said, "Perhaps, if you aren’t busy... Would you watch the stars with me?”

"Star gazing? I guess? Should we ask the others if they want to join? Gerel maybe?"

AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Last edited:

“I looked for him earlier, but I couldn’t find him. Perhaps he went to gather wood with the others or on watch duty over the rock above.” Serik replied. He was too intimidated to ask the others. He sure would love Gerel around but he aimed to spend more time with Marylka tonight, at least getting to know her more would be nice.

“So, what do you know about the stars?” He asked the girl, gazing out of the cave to the bright stars that decorate the sky.

People: Serik, Marylka, Gerel

Marylka brightened up at Serik's question. "Quite a bit actually." She stood up excitedly and dusted herself off. "Come on, we'll get a better view if we head outside." She pulled Serik by the hand out of the cave towards the edge of the camp. To their surprise, there was Gerel. "Gerel, what are you doing here alone? Well, since you're here you might as well join us." She plopped herself down between them and scanned the night sky.

"So everyone thinks the north star, polaris, is the brightest star in the night sky. It isn't. It's actually the 48th brightest star. So, if you're trying to navigate at night and follow the brightest one thinking it's the north star you're just going to end up walking in circles. The actual north star is actually part of a constellation called Cirrus which is an Alicorn and Celesta's trusted mount." She pointed up at a cluster of seven stars. "Over there. Polaris is the one that makes up Cirrus's horn." She looked over at Serik who was still searching to find the right constellation. With a laugh, she grabbed his hand and pointed it in the right direction.

"If you keep tracing a straight line up from polaris, you're eventually going to find Dubhe and Merak. They make the length of Helian's golden sword. Of course, next to Helian's sword you'll find his shield." As Marylka spoke she traced out each constellation to Gerel and Serik. Astronomy was one of Marylka's greatest love. Her family often traveled through the night as it was cooler and she spent much of that time lying on the back of the open cart, studying the skies.

Eventually, she stopped herself. "I'm sorry, I probably got a little carried away there." She said sheepishly.

AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Last edited:
People: Serik, Marylka, Gerel

Serike blushed heavily as Marylka grabbed his hand. He didn’t expect her to change the mood so sudden after he bringing up the topic at all... It’s a welcomed change however.

Both walked out of the cave. There they found Gerel sitting by himself. “There you are, I was wondering where have you been.” Serik said as Marylka asked Gerel to come along.

They settled under the sky as Marylka started telling all she knew about the stars. She looked so confident and cheerful about what she knows. Serik found himself couldn’t stop smiling at her. So bright and gorgeous... Just as the stars themselves...

"I'm sorry, I probably got a little carried away there." Marylka ended her talking spree. “Ha ha, you are so good with this.” Serik said. He then looked up the sky.

“My family has a totally different way of remembering stars. You see, we also are fur trapper. My father told me that each stars dictate the world in different way, especially animal.”

Serik started pointing out. “Animals behavior can be traced from the star. You see that one on the right? My father called it Cervus, the great deer. At a duration of deer’s mating season, Cervus will shine brightest. This is the time deer came out of their refuge in the wood in search for mates. Bucks will rut and become carless, easier to fall into our trap or into the aim of arrow. Does also lack fawn to care for at the time, so it’s the prime season to take them as much as we could. That can also be said for other animals. Phasianus the pheasant, Capricornis the serow, Vulpa the fox...”

“We can also predict the move of threats as well. If stars are paler than usual, the night would be so dark, it’s time to be careful around the wood for wolves and dholes get bolder and more aggressive at the time... But if the stars are very bright all night long, we avoid going out at all course, for the winged demons would extend their hunt into the night...” Serik explained. He kept looking at Marylka for her reaction.

He then turned toward Gerel who has been sitting idly for the entire conversation. “What about you, Gerel?”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back