• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Time: Shortly after setting up camp
Characters: Zeke, Aldaf.

Zeke was almost impressed at the nickname he gave him. Just in one day, Aldaf managed to give Zeke more nicknames than he could count. Aldaf managed to call Zeke about anything other than his real name.

"Yeah..." Zeke breathed a sigh. "Now that I think about it. I'd love to own my own library someday, but I doubt that'll happen anyway." He muttered the last part to himself. When Aldaf offered a race, Zeke obviously accepted. Then, off they went. Zeke was struggling a bit with a handfull of firewood at his hands at first, but he soon regained his balance, taking the lead. However, due to the rush of adrenaline and his prideful competence, he managed to make a fool out of himself and trip on a mere pebble.

When he landed with his face first in the ground, he also managed to hear a small squeak come out from Zeke's pockets. And there laid a smug-looking Stitt with a knowing look as if she was saying, 'ha! I caught you doing something naughty!' Zeke had the sudden urge to throw the little creature off the cliff, but he soon declined the idea once he realized that the little shit Stitt can fly. Somehow, Zeke felt embarrassed that his closest friend had to witness him get all chummy with another human being. After Zeke gathered his wood and caught up with Aldaf, who just witnessed another embarrassing side of Zeke, Zeke told him, "I'm not usually this clumsy, so don't get any ideas!"

kase9187 kase9187
Text: FAC51C

Time: Shortly after setting up camp
Characters: Zeke, Aldaf.

Aldaf's running was moreso a long chain of long-jumps, meant to keep his energy high. He saw Zeke trip and look in his pocket, catch up to him. "The only idea I'm having is winning this race, Left Foot!" He chuckled, bounding off towards the cave entrance. After he caught sight of it, he switched to a low, wide-legged stance, propelling him forward even further. "Come on, you're slower than a slug!" He was about to reach the entrance.

SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy
Text: FAC51C

Time: During the camp-out
Characters: Katja, Gerel, Matthias if he wants.

“Skybeasts?”

Katja looked up at Gerel and blinked, listening to him talk about his hopes and his experience with the bonding crystal. Katja, personally, was eyeing up the eagle that sat beside Gerel, which was staring her down like a predator with its prey. Which was unsettling, to say the least.

“... I never really thought about it.” She said, pulling the gem from inside her shirt and watching it spin in the air on its string. “That sounds like a fascinating experiences though. I wonder if that’ll work for me? Here, let me try.”

She clasped the little gem in her hands and scrunched her face up, concentrating hard on the object while holding it close to her chest. Would this work? Who knows.

Color code: #ff9999
YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Last edited:

Gerel watched with amusement as Katja concentrated on her amulet. Her expression wasn't hard to imagine beneath the owl mask, with eyebrows scrunched together, lips pursed tight. That mask of hers was fascinating, to say the least. Talon certainly seemed to think so, because despite his relaxing scratches she was slowly but surely approaching Katja, head still tilted, eyes still intent on the owl mask.

"I think Talon here has taken a special interest in you," Gerel chuckled. "Even back at the base camp, she wouldn't stop looking at that mask. Maybe she's hungry, and she's looking for a meal."

From his foodsack, Gerel took out four pieces of goat jerkey. One he gave to Talon, who gobbled it up gratefully. One he bit between his teeth, chewing on it while he waited for Katja to finish resonating with her amulet.

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

...?

Nope. Nothing...

She sighed and let her hands drop into her lap. “Nah... didn’t do anything. That’s.. thats fine. The gods show people what they want people to see.”

Katja looked up at the large bird that was slowly making its way over to her, and while she found the creature to be absolutely beautiful, she was also getting kind of nervous, until Gerel fed the animal and it seemed to find contentment in that.

“Well... my mother had a winged wolf, apparently. I don’t really remember him, though... And my father has a big pegasus named Horacio. Big, strong pegasus, with fluffy hooves and a long mane. Although, Horacio is a lazy bum most of the time, hehe...”

Color Code: #ff9999
Elenion Aura Elenion Aura YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Timing: the proving
Interaction: Kari & Gerel

Kari looked back at Gerel, really looked at him this time.
"You have a really kind heart." She told him in earnest. "I appreciate that."
She listened to him as he spoke about his family.
"Two clans huh? I bet that could get rough sometimes, I know Estendor kids can get pretty mean about that."
The remark about riding made her grin. "Oh we'll have to race when we get back. Nobody in my village can beat me on a horse!"
She raised an eyebrow at how he described his loss in an archery contest. "Sounds like you really wanted to stick it to this Quadan, were they one of the ones who got on your case about being of two clans?"
She paused before adding: "Tell me what happened?"

Kari nearly laughed when he mentioned getting their Westeros accessories together.
"You know, maybe we did!...I think that actually makes me feel better about it somehow."
She finished collecting and turned back towards the cave.
"I could imagine being friends with you." She finished warmly.

YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro
color=#7340e8

Time: Shortly before everyone fell asleep
Characters: Leandra, Aldaf

Aldaf looked to Lea, his face blank. "Look, Leandra, Cal here never, ever since we woke up, slipped or hesitated like that. Something's up, and honestly I want to know. I don't mean any ill will by it, but it just seems like something is wrong." His voice was calm, collected.

Lioness075 Lioness075
Text: #EB6B56

Characters: Leandra, Aldalf

Leandra frowned at Aldalf, her arms crossed while she readily defended Cal. This guy had harassed the owl mask girl earlier and Leandra was not about to let him harass Cal now.

Yet, listening to Aldalf, Leandra knew he had a point. She sighed and replied, "Yeah, alright. You've got a point."

Glancing around, she then stood up and ushered Aldalf to follow her away from the main group. She left her lemur to continue playing with Mushu.

Once they were away from the group, Leandra sighed again and then looked at Cal by the fire. Quietly, she said, "Look, we've all got some crap in our past lives, y'know? Cal just has the same thing. You've antagonized Katja and now Cal over stuff people want to avoid discussing so soon. I get that you may be worried, but pushing someone to just give away their secrets right away isn't the best way to handle that."

kase9187 kase9187

Aldaf looked at Leandra. "I just want to make sure we're all able to back each other up. We're a team out here, and we need to watch each other's backs. Just knowing each other's names and places isn't really enough to make someone trust them, but I do get keeping secrets. Zeke has a fair bit of backstory too, but I'm not going to let everyone know just because he told me part of it." He sighed.
"Look, I get I antagonized Katja and I started prying into Cal, but that's because I'm concerned. If Katja's injured or bears a scar, I get if she doesn't want to tell us. But my father used to tell me something, back when he was teaching me to hunt. He told me "Misery loves company, Aldaf. And it will stop at nothing to get that company." He meant that yes, while we all would like to keep our pain and suffering sequestered away, it's going to find its way out sooner or later. And later, it won't care if it hurts you getting out." His eyes flickered with sorrow when he mentioned his father, but he snapped back to Leandra.
"I would just rather we have our problems sorted out before they get out of hand, alright?"

Lioness075 Lioness075

Time: Shortly after setting up camp; Shortly after waking up and interacting with Ferro
Characters: Zeke, Aldaf

Aldaf beat Zeke to the camp, doing a little dance as a victory celebration. "Wow, Sandy, I didn't realize you were this slow!" He dumped his firewood into the firepit, setting it up. "Good race, though. And thank you for talking to me." He smiled warmly, his eyes glinting in the setting sunlight.

Aldaf waited for Ferro and Zeke to finish before he slowly curled his arms around Zeke, drawing him into a hug. "Whatcha doing there, Gryphon-Head?" He spoke softly, looking at Zeke's sketch of a Stonewarg. "I wonder what you're thinking about..." He chuckled.

Text: #FAC51C

Last edited:
Time: Morning, interacting with Ferro

Just as Zeke continued his drawing of a Stonewarg, while Ferro describes them in detail I hope he did, anyway he felt a slight jolt from behind his back, which made him stumble backward and land on somebody else's chest. Zeke wished he hadn't turned around and be met with Aldaf's face close to his. He felt his heart spiked up.

Goddammit, heart! He swore to himself, as he tried to free himself from his arms. Come on, Zeke! You can do it! He cheered himself on as Zeke managed to get some distance between him and Aldaf using his book. Once Zeke managed to separate himself, he told him, "None, of your business, Scar-face. Now, go back to that blonde friend of yours and laugh your asses off." Zeke coldly stated as he turned his back to him and continued on with his drawing. Zeke was actually invested in the creature as it shows some very interesting and significant features. "Also, may I just advise to not be such a meddlesome person. That attitude of yours will be the death of me, I swear to the Gods. Some people just want their alone time, and that's what I'm currently feeling right now, I want to be left with my own thoughts for now."

Zeke felt his hand clenched as he held the wooden pencil. He has pushed people away from his life before, so why is it hard for him to push this certain someone? Does it have to do with that missing year? If so, then he will climb mountains, literally, to find the truth he's been looking for.

kase9187 kase9187
#FAC51C

Aldaf smirked more, throwing his arms around Zeke in a tighter hug. "C'mon, Sand-Crawler! You can tell me anything. Don't worry about it." He spoke calmly, whispering to Zeke. "Is this about last night? Are you mad I moved you to the fire?" He couldn't keep the laughter out of his voice. "My little sand dune?" He whispered playfully, hoping to get Zeke worked up. His hug was tighter than the last one, and his grip was unbreakable.

FAC51C

Is this guy trying to work him up? Those were Zeke's first thoughts as he felt the hug getting tighter. "No way! Get away from me! Don't touch me!" Zeke yelled, as he placed his fist onto Aldaf's scarred right cheek and tried to put some distance between him and Aldaf. By now, with all the squirming, they were now both facing each other, face to face. "I said, get off! You probably touched him with these filthy hands of yours, anyway." However, when he called Zeke a surprisingly non-insulting nickname, Zeke found himself forgetting why he was mad at him in the first place, well, that was until Aldaf gave him his one of a kind smile that he remembered his thudding heartbeat. "And don't ever call me Sand Dune, you little piece of shi--" Zeke however, would never say such vulgar thing, so he settled on, "You big doofus! I said get off!"

kase9187 kase9187

Aldaf smiled at Zeke, still within his grasp. "No." He chuckled, holding Zeke closer. He pressed Zeke's face up against his chest. "I know you've been thinking about me, Gryphon-head. For someone like you, figuring out your emotions was really easy. It's fine, Zeke. You can tell me anything..." He whispered in Zeke's ear, lowering them both to the ground. Aldaf's legs criss-crossed behind Zeke.

FAC51C

Leandra leaned against the cave wall, absentmindedly holding her left wrist while listening to Aldalf. Again, he made a strong point. She nodded while allowing Aldalf to say what he wanted to. She knew better than to interject when they were simply discussing the matter. It was one thing her parents had instilled in her at a very young age.

Rubbing the back of her neck, Leandra hesitated a moment before replying, "I get that it's different for everyone, but I don't need to know anyone's deepest, darkest secrets or the pain they hide from everyone just to trust them upfront. That's something you usually learn about a person after you've known them for several years or maybe have gone through some life-threatening situations together. You're just asking a lot of everyone to divulge their problems right off the bat."

Tilting her head at his dad's advice, Leandra frowned slightly and then said, "I don't think anyone is going to break down and fall apart overnight over what's happened to us in the past. After all, it's probably safe to say most of us are focused on our memory loss right now. Until we get our memories back, I highly doubt any of us wants to try and tackle our past at the same time."

Leandra absentmindedly clasped her left forearm, rubbing it, and then asked, "Since you're so determined to get everyone's problems out in the open right now, how about you share some minor one of your own? I'll trade you a bad secret of my own."

kase9187 kase9187

Gerel smiled back at Kari for her words. "And you have a strong heart, the kind that reaches out to people, comforts them in their time of need, and inspires them to move forward."

The prospect of a race excited him. When racing the other kids, he always beat them by a long shot. When racing his father, he always came home with a frown. With Kari, maybe the results would be different. "Is that so?" Gerel said, eyebrow raised. "Make sure you can live up to your words. When we get back, prepare to eat my dust."

When Kari asked about what happened with Qadan, Gerel sheepishly scratched his head. "Yeah, he was one of those. Always kept going about how the sling is the superior weapon, going so far as to badmouth my father. I wasn't about to live that down, so I challenged him. He got bulls eyes, but I got bulls eyes while galloping on a horse. Except for the last one, when I tried to stand on the saddle and nearly died because of it."

With enough firewood in their hands, they made their way back to the cave. Gerel smiled hearing Kari talk, and with her words he felt warmth blossom inside his chest. "I can say for sure," Gerel looked at Kari, at her golden tattoos, at her dark brown eyes.
"We've always been friends."

SilverFlight SilverFlight
color=#7340e8

Time: Shortly after everyone fell asleep
Characters: Leandra, Aldaf

Aldaf thought for a minute, before sighing deeply. "I only really have one. My father's a touchy subject. He... died, shortly after giving me my bow. They said he got mauled on a hunt, his body torn to shreds. They told me that he died... But I'm not sure. Everyone started calling him a coward and weak, and I hated it."
Aldaf gripped his bow, his knuckles turning white. "It took all I had not to hurt them. The kids my age, the adults... My father was a good man, and they talked so badly about him after he died. I felt nauseous. Like I would physically vomit when I thought about their revolting betrayal of my father, now that he couldn't fight back."
He turned to Leandra, his grip loosening and his smile returning. "Tit for Tat, Lea. Your turn."

Lioness075 Lioness075
Text:EB6B56

Leandra blanched as Aldalf shared his secret with her. She had not actually expected him to divulge such a dark and meaningful secret so willingly. But she was starting to understand why he was the way he was. Someone who grew up dealing with that kind of crap and constantly defending their family probably did not take much or was very empathetic by nature. She had to wonder what his father had actually done on that hunt to warrant such negative gossip back home, but it was obvious that Aldalf did not know.

Quietly, Leandra said, "I'm not sure if anyone back home ever said this to you, but I'm sorry. It's terrible enough to lose someone, it's even worse for their name to be smeared afterwards. I can't even begin to imagine what that's like."

Leandra blinked at Aldalf's use of the 'tit for tat' saying, uncomfortable with the useage. But she tried to shrug it off, rubbing the back of her neck again before responding, "Right, well, mine's not nearly as, well, dark as yours. It's just that I feel like Cal is my real brother despite already having a brother back home. My real brother is more of the book-ish type and so I've grown closer to Cal in recent years."

Having finally admitted it out loud, Leandra looked down at the cave floor and began scuffing one of her shoes against the rocky surface.

kase9187 kase9187

Aldaf chuckled. "Well, you know what they say. The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb." He looked over at Zeke's sleeping form. "I don't blame you for feeling that way about him. You shouldn't be embarrassed about thinking of him like that." Aldaf placed his hand on her shoulder. "Judging from what I've seen of Cal, he'd think of you the same, most likely." He squinted and smirked a bit. "Unless you don't want him to think of you like that."

Lioness075 Lioness075

Characters: Katja, Gerel, Matthias if he wants (he does)

Matthias listened as Katja and Gerel spoke about Skybeasts. To his mild bemusement, Matthias discovered that he did not want to talk about Skybeasts. Hadn’t he been the one to broach the topic? Instead he, like Katja, watched Talon, Gerel’s feathered companion, intently. Matthias was intrigued by the creature. He watched it attack the piece of dried meat Gerel had produced, and wondered silently how one went about forging a bond such as theirs with a creature other than one’s own Skybeast. Matthias’ family had never owned pets, nor had they raised livestock. Most of his exposure to creatures of a non-Skybeast variety typically ended at the tip of a spear.

When the conversation lulled, and enough silence had accumulated that Matthias felt obligated to chime in, he spoke.

”It is a fascinating creature,” Matthias gestured to the bird before them. Then, after a pause, he added. ”How did you come by it?”

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Last edited:

Kari shook her head, "I won't be able to eat your dust Ger, because I'll be miles ahead."
She listened as he told the story. "Hmm." She nodded, acting the sage. "Qadan is an ass," and she said it as if delivering the most thoughtful words of wisdom.
Then he described his final act in the challenge.
"You stood in your saddle and tried to take a shot?" Her eyes were fixed on him now, her expression one of awe and now, it was laced with something else: admiration. Kari admired him for being that daring.
"What happened?"
Since he had said he'd nearly died, she was sure it was bad, but she needed to know how the tale ended.

color=#7340e8

Time: Morning

"I know you've been thinking about me, Gryphon-head. "

Those were the only words that echoed in his mind, before feeling himself freeze on the spot. A blissful feeling erupted in his chest. His heart was thudding in his chest and Zeke wondered if Aldaf could hear it. I bet he does because you were too vulnerable to even notice, that thought alone, left him feeling vulnerable. A feeling he never wanted to feel and Aldaf doesn't know how to properly respond to this, however, he wanted this feeling gone. And to eliminate the unknown emotion he's currently feeling, he has to get to the root of it. His mind and heart battled ferociously, his mind wanted his heart to stop feeling such ridiculous things, while his heart urged him to ignore what his mind is saying and just indulge himself at the moment, however, his mind would always win no matter what.

Zeke's heart broke for a second as he felt the numbness swept over him. He never wanted to feel vulnerable or weak in the eyes of everyone, so, he pushes them away, just so he could not be bothered by them and the emotions they bring in with them.

Zeke angrily shoved the said boy away, when Aldaf tightened his grip, Zeke only shoved his arms away. When he was finally free from his warm embrace, Zeke looked at him with his cold, dull yellow eyes that held a mix of numbness and furiousness. "Don't ever lay your hands on me," He said in a chilling cold voice that held no emotion, however, a bit inside him broke. "Haven't you learned your lesson, last night? Can't you see that everyone here in this camp is already done with your intrusiveness? And I am too." No playfulness can be detected in his clear voice.

"I don't care what happens to you, so why should you?" Zeke turned his back to him. "And don't even dare answer that. We already have the Stonewargs to take care of anyway. So if you'll excuse me, I actually have some important stuff to do than to waste a single breath on you." With a cold shrug, he turned away from Aldaf and heaved a breath as the group prepared themselves to set off.

--- End of interaction ---

kase9187 kase9187
FAC51C

Time: Morning
Characters: Aldaf

The words bit, and they bit hard. He'd pushed too hard, and Zeke snapped at him. He watched, his eyes tinged with sorrow, as Zeke walked off ahead of him. "God damnit, you fucking hothead..." He muttered. He walked off behind everyone after checking his gear, stomping out the fire behind them. He did it... a little too forcefully.

Gerel chucked in amusement. "I admire your confidence, Kari, no matter how misplaced it is. Second place silver can be a good look for you, you know?"

He agreed completely about Qadan and his anatomical equivalent, but he hesitated when Kari asked more details about that fateful challenge of marksmanship. It was one of his greatest embarrassments, a downfall caused by hubris. The last thing he wanted was Kari hearing about the whole story, but something about the way she looked at him made his tongue loose. "So I was there, galloping towards the last target," he started. "As the target got closer, I eased myself up on the saddle, balancing on the balls of my feet. My bow was already drawn, the path of the arrow a foregone conclusion. It was when I looked back to grin at Qadan that I leaned too much to the left. Lost my balance there, fell off a horse galloping at full speed. I rolled far across the plain, hitting rocks, breaking some bones here and there, and finally crashing against a boulder. If it weren't for my father, I would've been food for the eagles.

"And that, Kari, is the story of how I tried to show off and failed miserably,"
Gerel finished, smiling sheepishly at Kari. The camp was only a few meters away.
"Pretty stupid, isn't it?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight
color=#7340e8

Timeing: After stonewargs’ attack
Interaction: Serik, Marylka

Like lifting a stone off his chest, Serik watched as Gerel gained back his consciousness and he seemed fine, at least not as severely as before. However, there was something else that troubling his mind.

Seeing Marylka standing around, he approached her. “You have magic...” He noted. “I didn’t know that before. You did a great performance back there. We would have much harder time fighting off the monsters within the blanket of fog.” He said and smiled at the girl.

“Are you hurt or anything?” Serik added.

Featuring: Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro
Text: #F7DA64

Users who are viewing this thread

Back