• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Ord felt his heart sink as Matthias turned away. He was furious, and Ord had earned that. Look at him, he was shaking with rage...
But then the laughter came and poor Ord was nearly shocked out of his saddle in earnest. He couldn't believe it. Matthias was...laughing?
Ord gaped for a moment, before words found him again.
"You're...not upset?" He asked cautiously, his face betraying a fragment of hope, and no small amount of bewilderment.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Matthias
”What a ridiculous man you are.”

Matthias composed himself enough to speak, wiping a tear from his eye. He let out an exasperated sigh as a wave of relief washed over him. Gods only know the last time he laughed like that, and suddenness with which it took hold of him left Matthias somewhat at a loss. Still, that was enough flying for the evening, Matthias thought. He bid the others farewell and added, for Ord's benefit.

”I am going down. I think I'll take the long way this time.”

Tags: SilverFlight SilverFlight

"It's worse when I'm around you." Ord shot back with a simple shrug. His surprise had melted into a warm smile. He bid Matthias a good night, remembering that he was there principally to guard the youths on their flight.
'The long way down', Ord chuckled. "As you should. Sky training is for academy teachers."
Ord watched him go, still feeling that he should make it up to Matthias is some small way. That would have to be on a different night however.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Emmaline’s attention wandered away from the group and up to the sky looking up at the stars. Her mind wondered, only to be brought back with a small snort from Angus. The alicorn had been watching the others, as a few of the riders on their skybeasts started to dart around. The huge Clydesdale alicorn narrowed his eyes studying them as they chased each other around in the sky. Emma looked over to them tilting her head to the side “what do you think they are doing Angus?” she asked her companion. Her eyebrow lifted as she spotted Gerel and his skybeast flying towards her. She was unsure what was happening at first as she just stared at him. Angus was a bit more aware of the situation as he spotted the riders out stretched hand. The winged horse suddenly dropped a few feet to avoid Gerel causing Emma to quickly hold on for dear life. His sudden movement had caught her off guard. She looked back over to Gerel and Jeff a huge smile on her face as she caught on to what was going on. They were playing 'chase' as she would call it, being much younger then her brothers she only had ever played such a game with the babies of the animals her family tended too. The short girl let out a giggle, before playfully sticking out her tongue at Gerel.

Interaction: YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro
Tags: SilverFlight SilverFlight Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Lioness075 Lioness075 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro kase9187 kase9187 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Naberius Naberius AncientBird AncientBird pinnasina pinnasina

After checking out Ord and asked if he’s fine, Serik settled down again, the tension from fear and anxiety of seeing his intrucror and team mate plummeting toward the earth had faded away.

“I have heard a lot of stories about people falling off skybeast... Never thought I would get to witness one myself, very terrifying... At least deathborn you can fight back, but you can’t resist gravity...” Serik spoke to Marylka.

Serik was about to get back to the stable, but upon seeing Matthias leaving and the rest of the team either scattered in the game of tag or strolling around somewhere, it’s pretty much just him and Marylka (also Ord, but Ord had to divide his attention to all of the team, so...). Serik decided he might just stayed for a while longer...

“So, anyway... Don’t you want to join playing tag with the others?” Serik asked the girl.

Featuring: Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

With Matthias's departure and Ord returning his attention back to the group ahead, it was just Marylka and Serik left at the back. "They kind of go hand in hand, don't you think? Flying and falling." She replied. "If you think about it, it's a risk we unconsciously agree to take every time get on the back of our skybeasts, but we do so anyway because we trust that if we fall our skybeasts will catch us. With the deathborns, there are just too many variables. Sure, we can fight them, at least until we can't. What's there to save us then?" It was here that she realised she was putting a damper to the mood which was probably the last thing Serik wanted.

"Ah, sorry. I didn't mean to ramble. I'm just tired. Why aren't you playing with them then?"

AncientBird AncientBird

Last edited:
Serik looked at Marylka in surprise as she tensed up her word about the danger of falling and deathborn, then quickly reverted back to his question about playing tag once she noticed her own tone.

“Ahh... Well, playing tag sounds lovely, but I don’t think Valkyrie would be up to the idea of ‘getting chased around’ that much. She was freaking out a while ago when Emmaline’s alicorn approached us.” Serik replied. Valkyrie tilted her head to looked at her rider as if she knew he and his friend were talking about her.

“Well, couldn’t help about that... So, I guess it’s just a simple loafing around for me tonight... What about you? Anything on your mind?” Asked Serik.

Last edited:
Marylka glanced curiously down at Valkyrie. Because of her family's lifestyle, she had heard enough warnings about stork drakes the threat they posed to their flock to at least have a basic understanding of them although she had never personally encountered one till now. "It can't be easy having to suddenly learn a completely new way of life." She said softly. For a moment, even Marylka wasn't sure if she had been referring to Valkyrie or herself.

When Serik asked if she had anything on her mind she almost laughed. "I think the better question to ask is what isn't on my mind... But it's not something you have to worry about." She was about to change the subject when Archie suddenly jerked beneath her. "Ah, Archie's getting a little tired as well. He's starting to get cranky. I think we're going to have to call it a night here." Waving to Serik, she and Archie sped ahead, passing Leandra on the way, to inform Ord before going back the way they came.

Once they had arrived back at the academy and Archie was properly settled in his stall, Marylka headed straight for the gardens to think. She was exhausted and would honestly prefer to just crawl into bed, but two days wasn't a lot of time and the longer she remained undecided about whether to join the mission or not, the lesser time the rest would have to come up with a plan which was hardly fair.

AncientBird AncientBird Lioness075 Lioness075

Last edited:
"Bu-" Serik was about to replied but then Marylka's hippogriff started shaking under her. "Ah, Archie's getting a little tired as well. He starting to get cranky. I think we're going to have to call it a night here." Said and girl and then she pardoned herself out of there to return her tired skybeast to the stable. Serik waved good bye but his mouth was still yet to finish... "But, but I just meant to ask what you want to do..." He finalized his sentence in a whisper, just to himself...

The young man was silent for several seconds then let out a heavy sigh. "Well, I guess call it a night is good too..." Said Serik. Valkyrie tilted her head to looked at her rider, sensing his disappointment. Serik noticed his sky beast and patted her on the shoulder. "I assume you want to go back to the stall as well, don't you?" Serik said. He took a quick glance at the other team members, all happily playing and chasing one another... Then drove Valkyrie toward Ord, to inform of his departure and bit him good night before heading toward the stable.

After putting Valkyrie into the stall and gave her water, Serik walked back to the dorm... Maybe there's still hope...

...Marylka wasn't there... Serik shrugged to himself and lay down on his bed. His mind began to wander off... The night of relaxation was ending, not perfect in his mind but good enough. Tomorrow he would have to face reality and hard work again... And who know what's going to happen. He could only hope for the best...

Leandra LaFrae.jpg
Name: Leandra LaFraeNicknames: Lea, Firefly
Clan: SudentaClan Job: Huntress
Equipment: Knapsack, Medicinal Pouch, Bow, Quiver (0/10), Twin Daggers
Westeros Outfit.jpg
She's wearing the first, green one.
Falarion.jpeg
Falarion actually has brightly colored wings that have a rainbow hue in bright lighting. In darker settings, they can seem muted into a dark grey or even black color. He also does not have the golden tattoos spanning his body or the necklace around his neck.

By the time Kari finally agreed to play tag and rushed ahead with Gerel and Aldalf joining in, Leandra felt her interest in the game waning.
The talk about what had already transpired and what was to come had her feeling increasingly uneasy. It was so little time to try and get settled at the Academy and even less time for them to learn more ways to fight and defend themselves. Leandra could feel her anxiety rising as all of the 'what if's began racing through her mind.

Suddenly, Ord was free-falling and Matthias dove after him with this bear Skybeast doing his best to fly quickly. Leandra could only watch with her heart in her throat.
She finally breathed again when Matthias grabbed ahold of Ord and then she watched as Ord's Skybeast flew down to assist only after Ord had fallen. Leandra raised an eyebrow at the hint of what that meant, but held her tongue. She felt as if she was not included in such an interaction and should not interject.

With so much happening in such a short span of time, Leandra began scratching the back of her neck and glanced down at Falarion's neck. She reached out and began petting him, trying in vain to help herself relax.

Sensing his companion's unease and anxiety, Falarion huffed and then leaned to the side, beginning a descent.

Surprised at the decision to just up and leave the group, Leandra glanced up to see the few playing tag and she opened her mouth to say something, but could not think of anything to say. She felt as if an apology for abruptly leaving might fall on deaf ears in this moment.

As Falarion left the group behind and flew back to the stables, Leandra could feel her mood dropping further along the way. She felt overwhelmed with everything they had to manage all at once. She just discovered she actually has some affinity for magic. She bonded with Falarion only a few days ago. She had escaped near-death experiences several times since bonding with him. She had almost lost Caliban.
It was just so much, too much almost.

Falarion landed lightly outside of the stables and kneeled down, assisting Leandra in dismounting with ease. He then stood up and slowly bumped his head against her shoulder.

Smiling wanly, Leandra scratched him behind the ear.

Purring, Falarion bumped his head against her again and then leaned into her.

Sighing happily, Leandra drew her arms around his neck and hugged him.
"Thank you, Fal. I needed that."

Feeling a bit more content now, Leandra left Falarion in his stall with his saddle off and set to the side to allow him proper rest.

Stepping back outside, Leandra instinctively walked towards the gardens, seeking some peace and solitude from the chaos of the past few days.
Turning a corner in the gardens, Leandra halted when she caught sight of Marylka also seeking refuge here. Leandra hesitated at ruining the potential peace for Marylka, but she remembered that she had been a bit more hesitant about everything, even though she had also confidently spoken up in the meeting earlier.

Rubbing the back of her neck, Leandra walked up to Marylka and said quietly, "H-hey, Marylka. I don't think we've really spoken much, or at all, since all of this went down. How're you holding up?"

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Emmaline proved a craftier opponent than he thought. She practically dropped to avoid his hand, causing him to shoot past. Feeling his adrenaline pumping, he pulled and tried to do something with the winds to outplay the girl. Just then he saw Ord freefall and suddenly all Gerel could think about was calling the winds to him so that he could catch the man as fast as he could. But his fears were thankfully allayed when Matthias' rescued their professor from having a fatal meeting with the ground.

The suddenness of it was still roaring in his ears even as Aldaf called to continue the game. While part of him wanted to keep playing, the sight of someone nearly falling to his death wiped away any mood for fun he had for the night. It just didn't feel right. When he saw Serik, Marylka, and then Leandra make their way back to the earth, he made up his mind. Yet there was a primal need to move nagging and poking at his thoughts, keeping him from following after the three. Gerel stroked Jeff's scaly neck, trying to calm the beast enough to convince him to come down.

But Jeff wasn't calm. He wanted to fly, to feel the rush of wind against his supple body, his flowing mane, and his marvelous wings. No one, not even his master, was going to stand of his way. The Emma girl proved cunning, and the spiky one was obviously trying to bait them into chasing him. For all they knew, it was a trap.

So what?

His earlier misgivings replaced by Jeff's pumped-up energy, Gerel broke a smile and urged the Kirin towards Aldaf and Spica. To make things a little exciting, he called on the winds to try and destabilize their targets. Gerel was looking to tag Aldaf just as the boy was about to fall. He was ready to catch him if necessary... but a little thrill didn't hurt anybody.

Target: kase9187 kase9187
Mentioned: AncientBird AncientBird Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Lioness075 Lioness075 AquaMarie AquaMarie Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
Tags: SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius explosiveKitten explosiveKitten pinnasina pinnasina

Aldaf grinned as Gerel flew towards him and Spica, summoning the winds and both skybeast and rider flew away from each other perpendicular to the ground.

After a second, he began to drop in the air, so Spica veered around on an intercept course and Aldaf grabbed on, both diving down rather while he repositions himself in the saddle, twisting around to flash a giant grin towards Gerel.

"Try again!"

YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius pinnasina pinnasina AquaMarie AquaMarie Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Kari snorted at Aldaf's taunt. "Yeah good luck with that flying pincushion! Zephyr was built for speed!" Kari dropped several feet, using the momentum to race past, banking left and then right and turning on a dime to shoot past him again.

Zephyr's agility was incredible, he was one of the smaller skybeasts, but he more than made up for it with his swiftness. They had only played for a few moments before Kari saw most of the group turn to leave. She scratched her head.
"Did I miss something?"

The game carried on for a little while longer before Ord called to them.
"You'll need a good night's sleep before classes tomorrow, I think we should head back!"
Zephyr growled softly when the thought entered Kari's mind, but didn't resist more than that.

Once Zephyr was safe in his stable and fed Kari stretched as she walked back to the dorms.
"I hope we get the chance to fly our bests tomorrow." She said to those who were still with her. "I've got a taste for the sky now, I don't think I can live without it."

Back in the dorm she lay on her bed with her hands behind her head, thinking about what the next few days would bring. She was anxious about going to look for Danube, but more than that she wanted to see what was out there, if the academy professor was right, and if they could at least lessen the deathborn attacks if they could find out where they were coming from. With those thoughts she slowly drifted off to sleep.

~*~*~

The morning wake up did not come gently, in fact, it came in the form of Targus, testing out a new noise-making invention. The horn shrieked, startling a flock of birds across the street. Kari nearly fell out of bed.
"Pa that bull got loose again!" she bellowed, and lunged for the rope on her belt, which was lying on the table by her bed. The belt pulled everything off the table with it. Leaving Kari wide-eyed, holding the rope above her head like a weapon.
"Wakey wakey new-old students! It's time for your first day of cram school! Candour wants you in fighting shape in two days, so we've got a wholelotta work to do!"

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro kase9187 kase9187 Lioness075 Lioness075 pinnasina pinnasina AquaMarie AquaMarie Naberius Naberius AncientBird AncientBird Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Aldaf had fun until they had to head back, using the tactic of separating rider and Skybeast midair to do a few sneaky tricks.

In the dorm, he stared up at the ceiling. Many things were impacting him right now, including the newfound unease between himself and certain classmates and the ever present Deathborn.

What are we even gonna do? He thought to himself. Half of us dont even want to do this.

His thoughts wandered back to Leandra and Marylka, the two that seemed the most off put by what he's done. Wasn't he the same person they knew on the mountain? Did they see him differently from then?

After a good bit of thinking, he eventually passed into a dreamless sleep. No nightmares, no dreams of grandeur... just a black emptiness of sleep.

The next morning, Targus came in with her noisemaker and Aldaf silently flew up, grabbing his bow and notching an arrow before realizing that he was still in the dorms, not out on a hunt.

"Sorry, force of habit." He apologized, unnotching his arrow and readying his gear. Two days...

"So, Miss Targus, where do we go first?" He said, hopping out of bed and standing before her.

SilverFlight SilverFlight YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Naberius Naberius AquaMarie AquaMarie pinnasina pinnasina explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Lioness075 Lioness075 AncientBird AncientBird Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Last edited:
Serik was in deep sleep, no dream that night... Whether it was exhaustion or anything else, the sound of song birds chirping to greet the sun didn't wake him up... It was something else...

"Wakey wakey new-old students! It's time for your first day of cram school! Candour wants you in fighting shape in two days, so we've got a wholelotta work to do!"

"Ahhh!" Serik startled as he bounced off the bed and landed on the floor with a loud thud. The pain from his fall didn't disturb him as much as the noise that woke him up, which surprisingly was Targus's coming though the horn-liked invention she made.

"Wow, and I thought Grandma was hardcore enough..." Serik complained as he pushed himself off the floor. The wake up call seemed to also wake his friends up in the same manner as well, all startled and surprised. The Estendorian young man didn't linger for long though as he head straight to the bathroom to washed his face. It's the new day with new class and lesson waiting for him. This would be very exciting for Serik if he didn't suddenly remind himself of last night, the promise he gave his friends, his upcoming task and mission...

Featuring: SilverFlight SilverFlight kase9187 kase9187 Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius pinnasina pinnasina AquaMarie AquaMarie Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Last edited:
Competitiveness didn't come to Gerel easily, but once the lamp was lit it was a fire that stoked his blood to roar in his ears. The game of tag continued well into the night, and Gerel learned the many ways his companions saw the world. Aldaf liked to push his luck with risky moves like deliberately falling off his skybeast. Yet it only showed the level of trust the Aldaf had with the spiky Spica. Emmaline reminded him that even the meekest of sheep could smack down the hardest. And Kari only proved what he'd already known, that a star streaking through the night sky burned bright and beautiful, laughing and hollering all the way.

But all good things eventually come to an end. As they fly back down to the stables, exhaustion seeped into Gerel's limbs. Every step back to the dormitory was a trial he was slowly losing. Thankfully he was at least able to change out of his clothes before falling down onto the soft mattress and further into a dreamless sleep.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The shift from endless darkness to sunlight was sudden and disorienting. Professor's Targus' foghorn of a device violently pulled Gerel into the waking world. Groggy, hair sticking out on ends, he was still trying to make sense of the surroundings when he saw Kari raise what looked like her whip at something. Turning, through the haze of early morning he saw a huge figure at the door. Gears clicking, his fight-or-flight instincts fired up and he quickly shot a gust of wind at the perceived intruder.

Featuring: SilverFlight SilverFlight kase9187 kase9187 Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius pinnasina pinnasina AquaMarie AquaMarie Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Saturn_moon Saturn_moon AncientBird AncientBird explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Caliban.jpg
Caliban Lupei

Vibrant emerald and forest greens pervaded dreams, a dazzling jewel made from images of the home he knew so well. The heat of summer, thick vegetation and a cornucopia of life considered exotic most everywhere else marched through Caliban's unconscious mind as an endless kaleidoscope. He saw their parents home, dinner with Lea and the rest of the family. The first time they'd met. Their first hunt together. He saw other, darker, fleeting things that lay half-remembered in the shadowed corners of his mind. And then, thunder erupted in the waking world.

Though he was generally a deep sleeper, the resident moron sat bolt upright. However, he was far too disoriented to do much of anything aside from stare around in a state of mild confusion seeing half of the assembled group looking like they might be about to start a fight, and some...walking mountain. Brains are an interesting, complex thing. Sometimes when one is roused from a deep sleep, it takes a few moments for it to really get going and actually remember things. In this case, most of his reaction amounted to a dead-eyed gaze and a single uttered word.

"Huh?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 Lioness075 Lioness075 pinnasina pinnasina AquaMarie AquaMarie Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Sleep came in bits and pieces for Marylka that night. Her consciousness drifting around in the barren state that was neither sleep nor full wakefulness. Occasionally, she would cross into the realm of dreams only for her mind to fill it with monsters both real and fictitious, chasing her back out. A timeless interval passes and the inkiness of night is suddenly replaced by streams of bright, warm, sunlight, but that was not what woke her. Instead, it was the ear-splitting noise blaring throughout the room that sounded not unlike a thousand screaming goats that did the trick.

While she didn't startle, she didn't welcome it either and instinctively curled up tighter, pulling the sheets over her head. "Urgh... Someone make it stop!" She cried out sleepily. Her request was instead answered by more chaos, as she heard the clatter of objects (and people) hitting the floor followed by Targus's booming voice. Realizing that any attempt at sleep would be futile, she shot up in bed, her hair closely resembling a bird's nest from all the tossing and turning she had done the night before, and looked exasperatedly to their instructor. "Was this really necessary?"

AncientBird AncientBird AquaMarie AquaMarie Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten kase9187 kase9187 Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius pinnasina pinnasina SilverFlight SilverFlight YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Last edited:
Emmaline never thought tag could have been so fun. This was very different and way more fun than her normal chase games back home. Flying under the stary night, wind and laughter all around her made her smile. She was still getting to know everyone but at that point it was confirmed they were all her friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emma was fast asleep all wrapped up in her blanket. Only the top of her head and random stands of messy red hair could be seen. She had been extremely tired by the time they reached their dorms. Sadly she had no dreams but was glad no nightmares reached her either. Her sleep was quickly interrupted by a loud sudden sound from an experimental horn.

Emma yelled quickly sitting up, but due to her being wrapped up in her blanket her sudden jolt made her fall off her bed. A squeaked yelp was heard as she hit the ground. "What was that?!.." she asked from the ground trying to untangle and release herself from her blanket prison.

Tags: SilverFlight SilverFlight Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Lioness075 Lioness075 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro kase9187 kase9187 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Naberius Naberius AncientBird AncientBird pinnasina pinnasina

Leandra LaFrae.jpg
Name: Leandra LaFraeNicknames: Lea, Firefly
Clan: SudentaClan Job: Huntress
Equipment: Knapsack, Medicinal Pouch, Bow, Quiver (0/10), Twin Daggers
Westeros Outfit.jpg
She's wearing the first, green one.
Momo.jpg

The abrupt noise and chaos of the morning did not get Leandra in the best of moods. She quickly sat up in bed and Momo squeaked as he stumbled down from her chest and rolled to the foot of the bed. His big ears quickly folded against his body and he flattened himself to the bed while crying out in pain.
Leandra leaned forward and scooped up the poor flying lemur, hugging him to her chest while she worriedly looked around the room to see most of her companions quite literally falling out of their beds. Her eyes landed on Targus and her odd object creating this cacophony of noise.

Sighing, Leandra got up from her bed with Momo hugged against her chest. She pointedly looked at Targus, waiting for the noise to die down so she could get ready without having to comfort Momo at the same time.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Saturn_moon Saturn_moon AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten AquaMarie AquaMarie pinnasina pinnasina YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Last edited:
“AHHHH!”

The young woman fell out of bed after jerking awake, ending up in a pile of blankets on the floor, screaming something about bears when she finally managed to free her head from the blankets. The whole dorm room was alive with ungodly shrieking and for a moment she thought the gods themselves had finally come down to answer their questions in the form of insane screaming. But rather, it was only Targus.

After a moment to collect herself, Katja scrambled to grab her mask from the bedside table and put it on her face.

“... oh. I guess.. Ehem, ummm... heh. Good... morning?” She asked, standing up and dusting off her night-clothes, before hastily tossing the blanket back onto the bed. “What’s happening...? Cram?”

She looked around. Oh. It was Targus, with some kind of screaming box that was absolutely destroying everyone’s ears. She scrunched up her face in pain and rubbed her ears.
“Is... is that thing really necessary?”

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075 kase9187 kase9187 Saturn_moon Saturn_moon AncientBird AncientBird Elenion Aura Elenion Aura YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro pinnasina pinnasina AquaMarie AquaMarie

Targus' hair was whipped back as Gerel's gust hit her. She laughed jovially. "That's the spirit!"
She eyed Marylka and Katja as the youths gave her something dangerously close to back talk. "No." Targus answered simply, and she took one step over to their beds and grinned. "But it was fun."
She held up the device. "It's one of my new inventions! I use a crankshaft machine to pump air into this canister, and increase the pressure well beyond the pressure of the air outside. Push the rush of air through a distinct metal shape and get a really loud noise. Cool right?!"
It took a moment to realize that Targus was speaking far louder than she needed to.
"Though, I've come to realize loud noises like that can temporarily reduce your hearing. I should make a note of that!"

Kari relaxed and ran a hand over her thick hair. "Boy this day is gonna be so much fun." She was smiling though.
"Your next step is breakfast." Targus confirmed for Aldaf. "Then you can get your little tails down to the elemental classes with the other students. Afternoon is special element classes with just you guys and the four of us teachers you already met. Those of you who don't have an inclination for magic are welcome to tinker around in my workshop classroom! We'll all end up there in the evening, 'cause I have some toys to give you for the scouting trip to go find Danube!"

*~*~*

Breakfast was more or less uneventful. It was clear that for the first part of the morning they would be put into regular element classes with the first year students. Kari wasn't sure how she felt about being the oldest in a class by far, but she had to admit it would be interesting to learn from other fire mages. Targus has given them each a folded piece of papyrus with a class schedule on it.

"Looks like Water, light and wind magic are taught out on the river by the stables." Kari said over a plate of fresh fruit in the dining hall. There were other students bustling about them too, prepping for classes, so they had to remember to keep their new powers under wraps for now.
"Lightning is in the element dome, where we trained yesterday, and so's fire. Looks like I've got class with you Matthias." Kari added brightly.

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Naberius Naberius kase9187 kase9187 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Lioness075 Lioness075 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura AncientBird AncientBird AquaMarie AquaMarie pinnasina pinnasina

Aldaf nodded to Targus. "I agree, its pretty neat, just wish we had a bit of a heads up!" He chuckled, prepping to head down to dinner with everyone else.

"Can't wait for classes, I'd love to see what you all have to offer."

Aldaf ate his breakfast with his hair constantly adjusting itself through his wind magic, like he was trying to make it look ragged, but fashionably so.

"Wind, Water and Light out by the river..." He pondered out loud. "Looks like Marylka, Serik, Gerel and I are all headed to the same place then."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Saturn_moon Saturn_moon AquaMarie AquaMarie pinnasina pinnasina AncientBird AncientBird explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Users who are viewing this thread

Back