• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
As Aldaf threw the wooden carving towards him, Gerel saw from the corner of his vision the glint of a knife hurtling towards him. Gerel grabbed at the nearest stone and nearly stumbled, his body still groggy from prolonged sleep. The knife hit its mark... the wooden carving now lying on the floor, its chest pierced through with steel. Anger flared inside of him, washing away the last remnants of the dream from his body. His body tensed, itching to grab at anything to retaliate at the boy who threw the knife. And there he was, dark-skinned and amber-eyed, with a smile that convinced Gerel they were never going to be friends. The boy introduced himself as Ezekiel. That was all Gerel cared to remember about him. The boy reminded him too much of Qadan and his cocky smirk.

Talon screeched at the back of Ezekiel, who was making his way out of the tent. Gerel could have her mess with him for a while, but decided against it. There were more important things to do, more important people to talk to, and more important goals to work towards. How did they all have collective amnesia? How were they transported to the Central Island without their knowing? And, the most pressing and dreaded question of them all, why?

Without waiting for the others, he grabbed the damaged carving from the ground, went over to their supplies, fitted himself with everything he needed for the climb ahead, and looked over his precious bow. The wood was still as polished as ever, though he didn't recognize the string. He remembered making a bowstring out of sheep's fur, but this string felt... smoother. He tested it, and was surprised that pulling it felt harder than before. 'My arrows can fly farther and faster,' he thought, slinging the bow over his shoulder. 'Another mystery in a growing pile of mysteries. When can we start uncovering their secrets?'

Once he was satisfied and Talon was perched snugly on his shoulder, he made his way over to the tent flap where Matthias, the one called Serik, and Marylka exited. Ezekiel and Adlaf had already gone out, and he hoped despite his annoyance at the Westeros boy that they wouldn't cause any trouble. He turned to the others, to Cal, to Kari, to Lea and to Katja, and nodded towards them. If they wanted to come, they would come. Then he stepped out of the tent and into the new world he found himself in. He breathed in the crisp, cool air, looked around to see that there were indeed in the base camp for the Proving Ceremony, and made her way towards Matthias, Serik, and Marylka. As he walked, he said to Talon, "Scout ahead, but not too far. Don't play with the winged beasts or else they'll eat you."

Flashing a single golden eye as if in annoyance, Talon took off. She'd be back soon enough, hopefully with information that could shed some light on their circumstances. He took one last glance at Talon, before he approached Matthias' group. He didn't say anything, merely nodded in their direction.

Lioness075 Lioness075 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Naberius Naberius SilverFlight SilverFlight explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Last edited:
Serik eventually stepped out of the tent. The light shone in his face got him covered his face for a bit before he looked around.

Just as he expected the middle island to be, it’s truly surrounded by mountains. He could see far and wide, even more so than the plain he calls home. He could see cloud so close to the earth and decorating the sky, were many varieties of skybeast patrolling the air.

He took a deep breath, the fresh air made him start to feel a little better.

Another Estendorian young man approached from behind. Serik looked at him and his eyes widened at the sight of a huge eagle perching on his shoulder. The boy, whose names Gerel set his eagle off into the sky. Serik looked as the majestic bird of prey lauched itself into the air and flapped away.

“You have a beautiful eagle, Gerel, right?...” Serik spoke to the young man.

“My grandpa trained eagle when he was young, but neither my father or my uncle were interested in such art, it’s gone from our family tradition. I barely see one nowaday, only buzzards and occasionally harriers.” Serik said as he watched the eagle soared further away.

Featuring: YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Aldaf continued to walk through the stalls, keeping his eyes and ears open for anything Ezekiel might pull. He made sure to stay within view of several people.
Bastard can't even realize we're all in the same boat; might as well let him sink with it. He thought to himself. Maybe I can get some answers from someone as to what we're doing here, what's going on. The elder might know... He headed off to find the Elder, weaving through crowds to find them.
AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Saturn_moon Saturn_moon SilverFlight SilverFlight SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Naberius Naberius explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Lioness075 Lioness075

95b4f1ece9d6938617162075c29c1e3f.jpg
Ezekiel 'Zeke' Marcellius

III✦III
III✦III
Clan: (To'Bai) Westeros III✦III
III✦III
Interactions: SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy III✦III

III✦III

d42768e122157adcbb0c4c4c0d434d03.jpg

Ezekiel heard a voice call out to him, he didn't bother turning around, but his ears were quite attentive to what the voice behind him was about to say. However, when the voice called him out for being scared, hitting his soft spot.

ASSHHOLE! Ezekiel's temper shot up the roof, or in their case, the skies, since they were both out in the open. When he told Ezekiel he won't tell, Zeke felt his left eye twitch. When Ezekiel turned around, he saw the boy casually walking away, he noticed his prominent scarred face and smirked to a brilliant idea. At first, 'Scar-face' here was the one who was following him first, but now, Ezekiel followed him as he spoke.

"If you must know, hmm... What was your name again?" He paused for a second, mischievousness glimmering in his eyes, he clearly knows his name is Aldaf, but he kept his promise and chose not to utter his name. "Ah, yes! Scar-face! I ho-" Before he can utter his insult, he felt a slight pain sting on his forehead and he stopped walking after feeling the slight, but somehow throbbing pain. "What the-" He noticed an adorable creature present themselves in front of him, and he remembered his loyal companion, Stitt. His friend... actually, the more he thought about it, he rephrased her as his only friend.

Somehow, Stitt made herself looked intimidating by puffing out her feathers, but in a very adorable way. Ezekiel found himself give out a sigh and have himself be less tense. Stitt would always get him back on track, however, it's a shame she didn't save him from earlier when he seemed to have made an enemy of everyone. Ezekiel ran up to Aldaf and gave him a glare, once he stood next to him, with Stitt sitting on top of his head with his paws playfully pawing his ebony locks, Zeke finally noticed that Scar-face was a few inches taller than him and it made Zeke unusually uncomfortable. But, Zeke brushed the feeling away.

"Hey! By the way, I was not scared!" He felt a penetrating gaze on top of his head as he felt Stitt claw his scalp in an irritating way with her retractable front claws. He felt his left eye twitch. "I bet you were scared too anyway!" He said smugly as if knowing it was pure fact. "I am so looking forward to our loving friendship! Oh, Scar-face! Just imagine the friendship bracelets we could make! It just makes my stomach turn..." With pure disgust, of course, he thought and as he said those words, each word was dripping with pure and utter sarcasm.

Friendship my ass! This guy will obviously have a problem with me, might as well follow him and find out more about Scar-face.

Aldaf turned back, smiling. "Yeah! I'll be sure to use your entrails when a skybeast claws out your guts!" He said cheerfully, before turning back around. "Nice gryphon, by the way!" He laughed. The bastard has his eyes on me now. Let's see how far I can push him. He smirked. Judging from the fact his voice was flustered, he wasn't used to someone calling him out. "Oh yeah, Gryphon-head! Try and enjoy yourself before we go up on the freezing mountain, okay?" He called, walking away.

Aldaf felt himself carving the gryphon from the block. He didn't mind it, it was just another work.

III✦III
III✦III
III✦III
Interactions: SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy III✦III

III✦III

Gryphon-head?

GRYPHON-HEAD?!

This guy's unbelievable! Unbelievably annoying!
He stopped for a second to think before his temper gets the best of him. Wait, but aren't Gryphons known for their amazing intelligence and problem-solving? He strokes his non-existent beard and gave Aldaf a disgusted look. Scar-face just complimented me without even knowing it. What a dumbass. Zeke smirked triumphantly as he continued with a barrage of sarcasm, "Well, have fun making use of me or any of my organs for that matter. After all, that's what best friends are for! They help each other out when the times get rough!" He laid his palms out in the open, to have Stitt land on, to which she happily did, with a cute purr emitting from her vocals. Zeke really has a soft spot for adorable creatures.

He gave Stitt a genuine smile, "Isn't that right, buddy?" However, his genuine smile soon faded when his eyes landed on Scar-face. "Stitt, meet Scar-face." Stitt gave the tall boy in front of them a happy chirp. "Scar-face, meet Stitt." Zeke gave his new 'best friend' a sickly sweet smile that holds no pure genuine. Stitt soon flew over to the boy and happily greeted him with her eyes that hold pure and utter friendliness and warmth, unlike Zeke's.

"So, where are we off to, Scar-face. I'm pretty sure you can come up with a better nickname than Gryphon-head for me..." He paused and eyes his scar mockingly. "Scar-face."

"Don't think I don't see you eyeing my scar. And I meant your head was a roost. Did you want me to call you something else? Like Dragon-Bait?" Aldaf smirked. "Nice to meet you, Stitt." He genuinely grinned to Stitt, before his face turned back to a cold facade almost immediately upon turning to Zeke. "But Scar-Face? My heart just hurts from hearing it!" He feigned a heart attack. "You wound me, oh great Gryphon-head! Please, have mercy! I don't want your stupidity to wear off on me before we start!" All facades dropped as he got closer, his eyes cold and dead. "How about you stop trying to piss off the wrong people, Shit-for-brains? It might help keep your life long." He backed up, patting Zeke on the shoulder. "Of COURSE I'd help you if you were being mauled to death! We're best buddies now, right? I mean, besides Statt here." He showed Statt his work in progress. "A gryphon, like you, once I'm done. You can have it once I'm finished, if you'd like."

ea396fdfafce2773b7b04da89c4fcb95.jpg
Kari

Kari's heart went to the others.
"Hey, no, don't be scared." She tried to reassure the Sudenta girl. Though she didn't even know if they should be...yet.
Theories were bandied about.
"Prisoners doesn't sound right. It sounds more like a market out there. Look at the silhouettes on the tent wall, there are no guards. I hear children too, and we weren't bound."
Then Marylka said it.
"The proving?"
The others thought about it, and so did Kari. "No. No no no I remember, I signed up yesterday. Maybe we're at the grounds, but I can't be running it today..."
The gear by her bedroll told another story however. Kari's heart twisted with cold fear. What was going on?

"You all sound very sure of yourselves."

The man sounded dour, it made Kari smile, reminding her of someone her family had been close to.
"I don't think we are at all, but it's good to talk at these things."

The next to wake was angry, his antagonizing only made more severe by bright amber eyes.
She didn't even realize she'd reached for her bolo when he'd moved. Instinct?
"Casseus above, what climbed up your ass and died?" There was laughter in her eyes, not aggression.

Serik's wisdom was familiar. "Hey! My grandma used to say that. And you're right, we don't know what's out there, and at least we know we're not hostile." She eyed Zeke. "More or less."
She started to get her own things ready, intending to follow the group. It was the best plan she had.
Ezekiel sounded like he would see his antagonizing through to a breaking point, but then Kari saw the little creature and her eyes went wide.
"OH!" She was at his side in an instant. "That is the sweetest little thing I have ever seen! Hey Stitt!...Can I hold her?"
She was already holding a finger out to the little animal, now in his hands, just close enough for the gryphon to get her scent.

~*~*~

14cdffebaa23aaba93192ad9531b7352.jpg
"You're awake!" A voice called, it wasn't a strong voice, but still, it carried. An old woman with a regal bearing, dressed in an embroidered tunic and thick furs approached them. She had kind, knowing eyes and a patient smile. Behind her stalked a spindly, winged lynx, as old as she was, likely, that loomed over her shoulder. It was going blind in one eye, but it's fur was very well-kept.
She held a small roll of paper in her hands and unfurled it as Kari looked at her.
"Leandra Lefrae, Sudenta. Caliban Lupei, Sudenta, Aldaf Joshen, Sudenta. Katja Snowstalker, Northaria. Matthias Thorgeir, Northaria. Ezekiel Marcellius, Westeros. Kari Sonta, Serik Tagaev, Gerel Sarnai, Marylka Altahan...Estendor."
She scanned their faces for recognition, and found it in some.
"Those are your names."
Kari felt a wave of relief and looked at the others with hope.
"Yes! Can you tell us what we're doing here? I just signed up for the proving, none of us remember how we got here...there has to be some mistake."
The woman smiled sympathetically. "It is no mistake. Your proving is today...you all signed up...one year ago."
The words hit Kari like a charging bull. She stumbled back a little.
"W-what year is it? Shaman tell me what year it is!"
The woman's eyes betrayed her emotion. She knew some things, but not all. There was much to ask her.
"The third year of the Wyvern."
Kari nearly choked. It had been a year. A whole year...and she remembered nothing.
"You have many questions." The shaman continued, trying to ease some of the tension. "I am Aurena, I preside over the ceremony. I have asked around but no one remembers seeing you arrive, no one claims to have brought you or traveled with you, and now I know you in earnest, do not remember coming here...there is much at work that I do not understand, but what I do know is this: You were brought here, by will of the gods or another, to take your proving. I believe, if you wish for clues to the truth, you must do this."

Lioness075 Lioness075 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Naberius Naberius Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Last edited:

III✦III
III✦III
III✦III
Interactions: kase9187 kase9187 SilverFlight SilverFlight III✦III

III✦III

All jokes aside, Zeke genuinely felt the cold chill of death when he felt his hands lightly made physical contact with his shoulders. If Zeke could only describe what he's feeling right now, he would definitely admit that he felt pity for this guy who he can be safely labeled as an easily-angered guy. After he spewed some very... Aggressive language, Zeke couldn't also help but feel utter loathing to himself for being so petty. Actually, they both are at this point. So, Zeke only said what was on his mind, "Oh, yes! Definitely, you were supposed to see my mocking eyes just to remind you how I'm not backing down to the likes of you." He roughly shoved his shoulders away from his touch like it's the physical form of death itself. After he said that, no smile or hint of playfulness could be seen or heard through his face. Zeke knew that he has done enough to push Scar-face to his limits when he heard him swear very aggressively. Zeke was never a fan of aggressive yelling, moreso swearing, he finds these types of actions to be much more dangerous since it can be sometimes unpredictable. And in all honesty, he no longer felt frustration, instead, he felt... unease, about the unknown possibilities his actions could hold.

Crap! Why didn't I think about this beforehand? His critical self was back at it again along with his crippling anxiety!

Zeke took a deep breath before he could respond, his analytical gaze grazed over his figure and studied him, searching for the right answer that will probably not get him killed... Hopefully. "Oh, my gods... You really hate me don't you?" They say that if two people with a common hatred for a certain person would make the other person feel at least at ease with the other person's presence. Don't get him wrong, but he hates himself too for what he's been doing. "Well, if you really hate me that badly, then just say so." In one of his few collections of books he has read about the human psychology (he has had these books, ever since his mother got struck by Casseus's lightning), he has read about how dangerous it is to keep a bottled emotion inside for a long time, he should know, because of the petty actions he just took, like pissing Mr. Scar-face over here, could land him into deep trouble that could cost him his life. His spite got the best of him and he can't believe that Stitt was the first one to notice. He was extremely thankful to have her as his companion. Speaking of the little creature, she seems to be doing well with her charms and accepted Scar-face's offer for a wooden carving.

You're just tense, Zeke. You just wanted to see your mother and make sure she's alright. He thought deeply. He noticed Stitt swiftly pace herself right next to his shoulders and she perked her tiny head up at the approaching person, he looked back at Scar-face and said to him, "Well, how about you express your loathing to me some other time." Zeke was so tempted to call him Scar-face again, but he seconds that.

If Zeke can remember correctly, the goggles girl was named Kari, one of the few who woke up early. Zeke didn't mind her at first, but when Stitt stared at the girl with a curious expression, he felt something churn in his stomach, and he doesn't know what it is. Zeke gave the girl an unpleasant look when she stuck her finger out to Stitt after asking to hold the creature. Stitt quickly purred and he felt the vibration of the purr on his shoulders. He soon felt his shoulder become lighter as Stitt flew herself in front of Kari. What happened next shocked Zeke himself, he watched as Stitt nuzzle her beak at Kari's cheeks. "Hey! Be careful with her, Goggles."

She never did that to me,
Zeke painfully thought as he started to question his years of friendship with the creature. However, his thoughts were disrupted by a gravelly voice. As the old woman in front of him speak and inform them about what has happened, he couldn't help but be sick at his stomach when she told them that a year has passed. He sincerely hoped for their theories to be just theories, but he was proven wrong.

Ezekiel was beyond ready to leave this whole thing and to never come back to it ever again, but when she mentioned the gods and their will, there was an invisible tug that made the back of his mind more curious about what's to come. He wishes to see his mother alive, but would he be able too? He needed to achieve this proving to finally feel accepted by his clanmates and for his mother to have an easy life. Was that too much to ask? But apparently, the gods think that it is. Now, with this looming uncertainty that lies within the past year has gotten him more curious than ever. But Zeke was hesitant about this newfound knowledge. After all, it is his father's curiosity that got him killed. Zeke has always wondered if he will ever fall to a dangerous trap due to this habit of his. But Zeke could only hope to never come to that.

"What about my family?" He asked with his head held up high, his question was directed to the woman in front of him. He emphasized on 'my', meaning just his own family. He thought that if he changed it to 'our family', it would just drag on, after all, he was eager to know if her mother was fine. The desperation in his voice was quickly recognized by Stitt and gave me a comforting look, the light on her tail, slowly dimming down as if she can feel Zeke's sadness.

355d6cb74c6b99325ff05b40618442b8.jpg
Caliban Lupei

Caliban missed most of what was happening between the others. His hand clasped around the delicately carved Wolf medallion around his neck, he was lost in thought. Remembering the past, and lamenting. He wished he could have told her how much it meant to him. How much he loved her. With his back turned towards the others, a single tear rolled down his face before he quickly collected himself and wiped it away, turning back. His brilliant smile back in place, he finally caught the words and name calling of a pair of the others, and the raised tempers. Though, he couldn't exactly blame them, every single one of them had just sort of been dumped here with no recollection of how or why. No idea if the people they left behind were okay. No idea if they themselves were truly okay, for that matter. When things finally started to heat up a little and like there might be violence of some sort he finally spoke up.

"Adventurer's Vow Number 134: Compassion benefits all. Just because some of us might be feeling angry, scared, reluctant or out of sorts doesn't mean we should take it out on each other. Remember that everyone here is in the same position and going through the same things. Have a heart, be open minded. We appear to be in this together, so might as well try and get along, yeah?"

Caliban assembled his own belongings and made to follow the others, helping Lea to her feet and slinging his own pack over his back along with his spear and thrown weapons. Everything ready to go, he followed the others outside with Lea not far away. They were used to traveling together, so it was only natural. It was after they stepped outside that things only got stranger and more intense.

Caliban's smile began to fade with every passing moment once Aurena began talking. There was no way, no possible sit of situations that could have transpired that would throw them a full year into the future without them realizing it....right? The Proving couldn't be today, it was an impossibility! And yet, here they stood. He scanned the area, saw all the people milling about, the other tents erected and stalls set up like a small, temporary village. It was true, but it wasn't possible. Too much had gone into this to be some simple prank or jest, however. Too much effort and cost. Whether or not it was possible, or believable or fair, it was happening. He wasn't used to these kinds of negative feelings, not since...Well, a long time ago. He shook himself out of the fog of doubt and brought back his trademark smile.

"Well, it's not the end of the world. We're alive, we're awake, and we have a job to do it would seem. Sure, it came a bit sooner than anyone would have liked, but everyone here trained for this. And if we skipped a whole year, that means the training is all the fresher in our minds right? Being sullen or angry is not going to do anyone any good right now."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Aldaf was unfazed by Zeke's talk. "Just a warning. Some of the people you've ticked off in the tent are a bit more... ill-tempered than me." His grin was still on his face, unnaturally wide.

His grin dropped to a blank face as he turned to Aurena. "My first question is this, Aurena. Do you know why there's a hole in all of our memories? Because it seems like, to everyone undergoing the Proving today, we had signed up just yesterday, then woke up here." He finished carving and put his dagger away.

He held up the small little gryphon, calling out. "Stitt, it's looking good! Come check it out!"

Aldaf nodded to Caliban. "True. And who knows? Maybe we picked up something along the way." He pulled out his Westeros boomerang, checking to make sure it was intact.

"So when are we going up there, Aurena?" Aldaf asked, putting away his boomerang.

Last edited:
The fact that nobody could remember anything either madeKatja’s heart leap up into her throat. What was happening here?!

She stuck a hand up under her mask and itched her face, scratching nervously at the right side of her forehead, when she noticed an impending fight. The young woman stood from her place at the front of the tent and attempted to step between the two.

“Alright, alright, that’s enough! Fighting with each other is not going to help our situation, so don’t even get started!” She shouted at the two, glaring through the eyeholes in her mask. Though that was perhaps hard to tell.

When the shaman appeared, Katja, out of respect, let the woman speak before she herself joined in the bombarding of questions.

“Nobody brought us here? Then how did we get here? Where are our families? My dad? Does he know I’m here? Does he know where I’ve been? Oh, gods.”

She looked like she was about to have a panic attack, in all honesty. Her poor father! Left all alone in Northaria, his only child and the last thing that mattered to him, gone like a leaf downstream. He must be worried sick! If he’s not here, then how was she going to find him? She needed to get to him!

She was breathing hard for a solid minute, head in her hands as she attempted to calm herself down. How was she going to find him? She couldn’t get off this island even if it wasn’t the proving! She didn’t have a skybeast! Maybe she could ask one of the adults to rush her back home- no, but that would be a terrible idea! She could get kidnapped! Nevermind the fact that she’d be running away from the pr-

The proving. The PROVING! Of course! All she had to do was climb the incredibly dangerous God Mountain, tame an ridiculously dangerous skybeast, then somehow manage to figure out how to fly back to Northaria!

... okay, yeah, it was a stretch, but it was all she had. Her breathing finally slowed down a tad and she turned to look at Aurena.

“... so, when does the proving start?”

Lioness075 Lioness075 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy SilverFlight SilverFlight @AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro @Naberius Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Leandra LaFrae.jpg
Name: Leandra LaFraeNicknames: Lea, Firefly
Clan: SudentaClan Job: Huntress
Equipment: Knapsack, Medicinal Pouch, Bow, Quiver (10/10), Twin Daggers
Momo.jpg
Leandra tried to feel comforted by Cal's words, but her heart was still pounding after the fresh nightmare experience. She remained quiet as others began to awaken and arguments or at least sharp words were exchanged. Leandra winced every time a cuss word was muttered. After all, she had not been raised in an environment where such language was used so freely.

As a few others began seeking out their personal equipment, Leandra did the same, only to squeal in surprise when a fluffy head with giant ears popped out of her knapsack. Two big green eyes stared up at her and then the furry mass suddenly was airborne and tackled her backwards.
"What-who are you!?" She exclaimed while the animal began purring.
Bewildered, Leandra looked around the group, but most were focused on exiting the tent to figure out what was going on. She noticed Cal collecting his personal gear nearby and so she sat up with the intention of following suit after she figured out how a flying lemur had found its way into her own gear. Grabbing the lemur, Leandra held it out in front of herself and just stared for a moment before the lemur chirped at her. The adorableness of the lemur was unquestionable, but the fact that it was so comfortable around her had to mean that it was already attached to her. The problem was Leandra could not remember ever meeting it.
"Right...well, I have no idea what your name is, but I guess you're tagging along, yeah?" She tilted her head to one side and the lemur promptly followed suit. Giggling, Leandra put him down and then began recollecting her gear. It was not a lot, but it was exactly what she would have needed for the Proving. Her brief cheerful mood dampened a bit at the thought. It was terrifying to think the entire group had lost a year of memories. She had to wonder how her parents were doing, same with her brother. He was only a year younger than her, but he always had his nose in books and she constantly worried about how he would do at his own Proving.

Leandra's thoughts were interrupted as the conversations around her quieted and most everyone began to leave. She sighed and put on her knapsack and donned her weapons before following suit. The lemur flew ahead of her, circling the group outside before landing on Leandra's shoulder. She saw Cal and moved near him, giving him a faint smile when he looked her way. Leandra absentmindedly began stroking the lemur's fur and he nuzzled her cheek, making her smile widen. She felt like this was second nature for her to do when standing idly, even though she could not remember ever doing this before.

Listening to the shaman's explanation, Leandra's smile faded once more and she struggled with the mounting fear of the unknown. She moved closer to Cal and listened to his response while she now scratched the lemur behind one of its ears. He sounded so confident and she knew they would have been training together leading up to this, so they had to be ready as they would ever be.

Smiling again, Leandra nudged Cal with her elbow and then gestured at the lemur.
Whispering, she said, "Well, I apparently acquired a flying lemur at some point. I have no idea what I named him, so I guess I'll have to come up with something again. Maybe I trained him to help us in the Proving somehow."
SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy kase9187 kase9187 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Last edited:
ea396fdfafce2773b7b04da89c4fcb95.jpg
Kari

Kari squealed with delight and laughed as the little creature nuzzled her. She stroked Stitt lovingly. "Well," said Kari, smiling at Zeke. "I guess you can't be all that bad...if this little darling likes you."

Aurena's words were troubling to say the least, but when others began to ask about the proving, Kari felt something stir in her. It felt...right. Whatever had happened before they'd been brought to this exact location, right before their proving...someone or something wanted them to do it.
"I don't feel ready...but, I also don't back down from things."

Then Zeke mentioned family and Kari's heart twisted. A year?! They hadn't seen her for a year.
"Ezekiel's right, I need to know if my parents are okay."

The shaman considered all the questions, but could only offer sympathy. "I truly do not know how you came to be here. Nor can I tell you anything about your families. If they trade, they may well be here. However, I have asked several acolytes from each of the temples in each clan to bear messages to anyone you with to contact. All you must do is tell them where to fly. I feel there is something very great at work, though its true intent remains hidden from my sight."

Then came the questions of the proving, some were eager to take it and this made her smile. She pointed to long pole, standing straight up and tied up in the colours of the four clans.
"The others are waiting there. The proving will start when you join them."
Kari handed Stitt back to Zeke, patting her tiny head once more.

The acolytes Aurena mentioned were standing by the pole too, their mounts saddled and their supplies loaded. The shaman had not been kidding, they were ready to leave ((If your characters wants to send letters to their families, go ahead and control these acolytes)).
Kari sopped by the pole, looking up at the cloth woven about the wood beam, a riot of colour against the deep green of the pines that flanked the trail. There were clouds above them, circling the mountain's peak. There'd been food for two days, would it really take that long?

The young clanless girl stood off to the side, looking forlorn, but determined, and the Northaria boy simply looked terrified.

Aurena made her way carefully a little ways up the slope, so she was above the gathered youths when she addressed them.
"Your are here now, for a purpose. Until this moment, you have lived in the light of the gods...but your were not complete. A part of you is missing, and it lies up there."
She pointed to the clouds shrouding the mountain. "Now you must go and claim it. Fulfill your right as people of the sky! Find your skybeast, and return as men and women of the clans!"

Kari swallowed hard. This was really happening. She looked around to the others, partly for reassurance...okay, mostly for reassurance. There were monsters on that trail, everyone knew that. Though, she had to admit, she felt...stronger than she remembered, her muscles were more defined, whatever she had been doing in that year...it w=couldn't have been just sleeping.
"Hey, look, I know not everyone here is a team player..Zeke." She gave the Westeros boy a pointed look. "But we'll need to watch each other's back out there, whatever differences we may have started with. It's dangerous up there, people die...just...I don't want any of you to die."
She couldn't place it, but the connection she had felt in the tent wasn't her imagination. It was real. She was connected to these people somehow, and that brought a feeling of protectiveness. She wouldn't see them hurt.

Aurena stood there still, but a man approached her. He would be the proving witness, Kari guessed. Every proving had a warrior oversee it, to make sure the rituals were upheld...and to keep people from dying, hopefully.

b93bd7234c6a197af35efb12949e1b21.jpg

Looking at him Kari wasn't sure what to make of him. His appearance was terrifying, he was tall, muscular with scars that littered his bare chest, he wore only a cloak of wolf fur and thick wool trousers. His shoulders and arms were covered in angular tattoo lines. Kari could only imagine the pain that had caused him. His hair was decorated in delicate gold beads
The entire appearance however was ruined (or perfected) by the happiest grin Kari had ever seen. This man was proud to be where he was, and it looked like he had everything in life he could ever want. Around his neck was one of the bonding crystals, and in his hand, was a collection of thirteen more.
"Get your gear ready! Make sure you have all your provisions! I don't want to repeat myself, and you'll all want to be listening to what I have to tell you!"

((I'll have him give the instructions and run a time skip to the trail next post, free interaction until then, if you decide to go nuts like last time XD))

Lioness075 Lioness075 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Naberius Naberius Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Last edited:
Marylka.PNG
Marylka stood in the middle of the village hubbub together with Matthias, Serik and Gerel. In a moment of respite from the panic, Marylka noted to her amusement that compared to Matthias’s imposing size, herself, Gerel, and Serik’s smaller frames made them look like children tagging along with their father. A laugh threatened to escape but she disguised it behind a cough. As the rest emerged from the tent, an elderly woman named Aurena appeared. Her voice commanded an audience, strong and revered. Even Ezekiel and Aldaf had momentarily stopped their bickering to listen to her.

Gods, an entire year? That would mean she had just turned 19. Did she ever attend the academy like she was supposed to? Did her family know she was here? Marylka groaned. The questions were starting to give her headache. "You’re are here now, for a purpose. Until this moment, you have lived in the light of the gods...but you were not complete. A part of you is missing, and it lies up there." Aurena said, pointing to the clouds shrouding the mountain. "Now you must go and claim it. Fulfill your right as people of the sky! Find your skybeast, and return as men and women of the clans!"

“we'll need to watch each other's back out there,” Kari said, “whatever differences we may have started with. It's dangerous up there, people die...just...I don't want any of you to die." Marylka nodded. Dying was definitely not on the agenda.

Another figure, who was simply introduced as their proving witness, joined them. It assured her a little that at least someone had better sense then to send a bunch of youths on a potentially death-defying quest alone without supervision. He ordered them to gather their things and prepare to head out.

She glanced over at the acolytes who were to serve as messengers and wondered if she should send a message home. The last conversation she could remember having with her parents was an argument about wanting to attend the magic academy in Westeros to prepare for the proving. They had objected, claiming that magic was frivolous and that her duties called for her to remain in Estendor. Her “duties” primarily consisted of looking after her siblings, helping out on the fields and caring for their home. Only her grandfather had ever believed she was destined to do more than that. Thoughts of him made her heart ache and she wondered if he ever recovered from his illness.

Finally deciding, she walked up to the Estendorian acolyte. "Could you tell my family that I'm at the proving and that I am fine? My name's Marylka Altahan."

The acolyte nodded. "Where to?"

Marylka stared at the acolyte dumbfounded because she suddenly realized she had absolutely no idea where her family was. The problem with nomadic Estendorian families was that they constantly moved around and having lost an entire year worth of her memories she had no way of knowing where they currently were. "Er, well.... they live in the grasslands north of Ocris and... we were last near the coast! But that was a year ago." She said, struggling to pull together more information. "Oh, nevermind. This is hopeless."

(Interacting with: AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura SilverFlight SilverFlight )

Last edited:

III✦III
Location: A few feet away from the group having a breakdown III✦III
III✦III
III✦III
Mentions: Lioness075 Lioness075 kase9187 kase9187 AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Naberius Naberius Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon III✦III
III✦III
Interactions: SilverFlight SilverFlight III✦III

III✦III

As Zeke waited for Aurena to answer some of their questions, Stitt continued her concerned gaze as she stayed beside Kari. Zeke noticed her hesitance and gave her a comforting smile, which seems to have an effect on her because as soon as he did that, her miniature lantern-like tail glowed to life once more. At least one of them was making friends, as long as none of them poses any 'real' threat to him or Stitt, he couldn't care less. By now, from the unusual looks he was getting, he could only conclude that these people must hate him already.

That's good, it's better than getting attached anyway. He thought as he crossed his arms in a serious manner. He looked down at his brown boots and thought heavily about Aldaf's last few words to him. "Just a warning. Some of the people you've ticked off in the tent are a bit more... ill-tempered than me."

Are you sure about that, Scar-face? He thought to himself, hoping that the freckled boy has finally calmed down from his mini tantrum from earlier. For a second, he thought Aldaf looked peaceful as he carved Stitt an unusual-looking figurine. After contemplating if Zeke should respect the boy who just spat at his face about using his entrails for something visually unpleasant, he finally decided not to. Touch choice, that one, even at his own mind domain, it was dripping with sarcasm. From Aldaf's recent outburst, Zeke found more reason to loathe the guy and be cautious of him. That also goes along with the people around him. He has a nagging feeling that he should act a bit nicer to him, but Zeke knew better than to seem vulnerable to a bunch of strangers.

Once Aldaf finishes his carving and presented it to Stitt. Zeke thought that the scene would've been 100% funnier if Aldaf kneeled with one knee as if he was a proposing man with a terrible carving of a 'Pocket Gryphon' as a ring. Zeke watched as Kari gently placed Stitt onto his large palms, Stitt seems to get excited to the carving Aldaf did. Zeke honestly thought it was ugly, but the look in Stitt's eyes told him otherwise. Stitt was convinced that it was a fellow Pocket Gryphon and the light at the end of her tail buzzed in excitement. She took the figurine off his hands and gave him a soft purr as thanks, before flying back on top of Zeke's head.

Back at Zeke's hometown, Zeke was fawned over by a few girls for his looks (to which he finds irritating at times), however, it seems like Stitt was having all the attention she has ever wanted. To which Zeke wouldn't mind, if it makes Stitt happy and comfortable, then she can do as she pleases. But there was a heavy weight on his heart whenever the thought of Stitt choosing someone over him comes to mind. He knows Stitt was loyal and is very much capable of making her own decision, but that's what he was most afraid of. Zeke is extremely insecure and it seems like Stitt was the only one who notices his worries and he finds it comforting and terrifying at the same time. After all, he felt those same feelings towards his father.

III✦III

After finally getting the answers he needed from the old shaman and was informed about the option of sending letters to his mother, he made it his mission to do so. However, before he could take a step to ask one of the acolytes to lead the way to the place where he could send his letters, he was stopped by Kari's voice. "Hey, look, I know now everyone here is a team player... Zeke." She gave Zeke a glance and he knew exactly what she meant. "But we'll need to watch each other's back out there, whatever differences we may have started with. It's dangerous up there, people die... just... I don't want any of you to die."

How can she easily say that?

"I don't want any of you to die."

That sentence echoed through his head as he kept thinking about it. He scanned the group, he couldn't feel but feel an invisible connection that draws him to them. He took a deep breath and felt something drop over his head, but he swiftly caught it, it was Aldof's carving of a 'Pocket Gryphon'. "Don't act like we're a happy family as of yet. If it's my participation you want, then you got it, but if you want my trust, you'd have to earn it." He paused again and gave each people a questioning look, each of them holds a face that clearly shows worry, panic or some other emotions. Just like them, he was uneasy. He tightly gripped the wooden figurine. "Let's be honest here, we're all just strangers to each other, except for those two." He felt himself muttering his last words as he stared at Leandra and Caliban. "We know nothing about each other, so how can you safely say that you don't want any of us to die? I may not know what happened to me this past year, but-" He felt his palms form a fist as he maintained his composure. Now was not the time for his emotions to go haywire. "Do you truly care if I die? The one who will probably cause conflicts. Hmm? Miss Goggles? Do you care for a mere stranger? A mean one at that fact." he said in a monotone voice as he emphasised on 'I', on him specifically, because he knows all too well the looks his teammates were giving him. It was the same ones as his clanmates and he wanted to erase the visual image.

Zeke was not seeking validation, he was simply speaking the truth. How long will these people turn on him, just like his clan did? He was temporarily banished for his actions, the same actions that kept him alive. Zeke stormed off, away from the group, before he can look into their eyes and asked one of the nearest Acolytes to lead him to the place where he could send his mother a letter.

"Follow me," He followed him to a tent and entered it. "Oh, just give me your mother's address and it should be taken care of." The acolyte stated with a smile, while Zeke responded with a straight face.

"It's in the west district of To'bai, she lives in the Marcellius Household, in Westeros. Just, make sure she's alive and well. Tell her... that her son may not come home. Wish her well for me" He sadly stated and Stitt stayed silent for the whole time after the Acolyte has gone away. Zeke exited out the tent and felt a heavy thing on his chest. He wanted to scream, he wanted to punch something, and most of all, he wanted to cry, but all he did was sit there near the entrance with his head low. He felt something missing in him and he was mad at himself for not knowing what happened to him that missing year. He wanted to stay positive just like what Kari did earlier, but he just doesn't have the guts to do so, so what did he do instead? He ruined her hope just because he himself couldn't bear to put up a strong facade. He clutched his dark locks with his hands and just sat there, with Stitt staring at him with a worried expression. He stayed there for a few minutes, observing the group of people that was probably hating on him just a few feets ahead.

He sighed, Way to go, Zeke. Way to always play the villain.

Last edited:
Aldaf approached Zeke, noticing his posture and Stitt worrying about him. "Hey, hotshot. What's on your mind?" He put his hand on his shoulder.
"Look, I get it. New people, we don't know if we know each other or not. But immediately shoving us away won't do you any good. Especially as we have to go onto a cold ass mountain with a bunch of angry beasts that want to kill us."
He nodded to the tent. "Who are you sending a letter to? Parents?" He spoke rather softly for someone who very much had threatened to leave Zeke to die a few minutes prior.
Aldaf took out a third block and started carving. "I'm planning on finding my mother out here. Professional woodcarver, wouldn't miss the chance to sell some of her art. Want to come with?"
SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy

III✦III
III✦III
III✦III
Mentions: Lioness075 Lioness075 SilverFlight SilverFlight AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Naberius Naberius Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon III✦III
III✦III
Interactions: kase9187 kase9187 III✦III

III✦III

Zeke lifted his head up as soon as he noticed a person approaching, their shadow covering his figure. Zeke kept a relaxed face when he met Aldaf's emerald eyes. Zeke sighed and mentally prepared himself for a barrage of insults from Aldaf. Stitt somehow looked happy at the sight of him and nudged Zeke's cheeks, as if telling him to cheer up, a friend was here to save him. But Zeke knew best from the very person who he had a very unusual banter with. "Hey, hotshot." Zeke was going to sarcastically tell him that his use of name-calling was getting better, if it wasn't for his next words, "What's on your mind?" Zeke noticed his hands make their way to his shoulder in a comforting manner, no sarcasm was detected in his voice and Zeke doesn't know what to say, so he kept quiet. Just a few moments ago, he felt uneasy whenever he's around, but now, the uneasiness was gone and was replaced with pure confusion.

Zeke's eyes snap open in surprise as he listened to Aldaf continue. "Look, I get it. New people, we don't know if we know each other or not. But immediately shoving us away won't do you any good. Especially as we have to go onto a cold-ass mountain with a bunch of angry beasts that want to kill us." Zeke hated to admit it, but he pointed out a few good points, but his pride is what kept his mouth shut. Zeke was still in awe, if anyone was to follow him, he at least expected Kari or anyone but this guy.

Zeke only gave him a nod, as Stitt settled herself on the crook of his neck. "Who are you sending a letter to? Parents?" His voice held a soft tone, which was far different from his aggravated ones. Which he found completely amusing, his lips curve up. Zeke found himself contemplating how he should make his next move. After seeing Aldaf looked so pissed, he never wanted to see him lash out like that, not to Zeke at least. He looked at Stitt and Stitt only responded with a knowing look. In all of Zeke's existence, he has never opened up his feelings to anyone. He has always wondered what it was like to be able to talk to someone so freely and Stitt was fully aware of this.

"I'm planning on finding my mother out here. Professional woodcarver, wouldn't miss the chance to sell some of her art. Want to come with?" He offered as he took another block and started mindlessly carving. Which reminded Zeke of Stitt's recent gift, Aldaf's questionable 'Pocket Gryphon' that looked like a burnt muffin man.

"I'm looking for my mother too, but she's all the way over to Westeros. I already sent her a letter, anyway." He spoke calmly and stood up, Stitt's tail buzzed with excitement and the light at the end of it shone with familiar warmth. "Let's go find your mother," He stood up and waited for Aldaf to do so. "I can't believe you're showing this side of you, Mr. Joshen. But I am sticking by with what I said, I don't plan on calling anyone by their names. But you also happen to raise some good points that I've been contemplating about. For now, this is what I'll tell you. I am a man of my words, so I plan to keep my promises well-kept." Unlike his father. "And I promise you that I'll... try and be less hostile to everyone." He was hesitant to make the promise at first, but he knew that if he wanted to change for the better, then he'd have to do it sooner or later. Zeke's fate was sealed the moment he said those words and he felt Stitt excitedly nuzzle his cheeks.

She finally did it to me! Hah! Suck on that Goggles Girl!

"Gods! I can't believe I'm saying this, but you can really be quite unpleasant to talk to when you're mad. I might even stop calling you Scar-face for now, how does Joshen sound instead?" Zeke even surprised himself at his tone of voice. It wasn't filled with sarcasm. But it was filled with softness instead.

Little did Ezekiel know that he just took the first step out of the abyss of his critical expectations and stepped into a new world filled with bright possibilities. It will take time to change his attitude, but he will try to not drag others down with him. Maybe an apology for Goggles needs to take place.

Last edited:
Aldaf chuckled. "I dunno, Joshen sounds boooring. But you can call me whatever, Gryphon-head."
He led Zeke into the market stalls, where vendors were calling out their wares.
"ALDAF JOSHEN!" A woman screamed furiously. Aldaf grabbed Zeke and pulled him down a bit to dodge an unfinished wooden carving that flew right over their heads and thunked into a nearby stall. "WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE YOU BEEN?"
Aldaf called out. "Mom, we're in public! And you just almost nailed my friend in the head! Can you calm down?!" His voice carried a bit of laughter.
A woman approached, slightly taller than Aldaf. She looked pissed. "A full year! What have you been do--" She cut off when she noticed Zeke. Her tone instantly changed as her face softened. "Oh, forgive me, honey! I didn't realize you were there! What's your name?"

An old shaman names Aurena arrived at the group to explain the reason why Serik and the others were there, however she couldn’t answer how they were brought there and why they lost some of their memories either.

“One year!” Serik thought. He had been away from his for that long? The wonder of this new place had faded away and he was getting nervous about his family. Back home, he was one of the main herder without him, his father and uncle would have to take more work load. His mother would have less hands in helping prepared the pelt and his grandmother, although still strong and healthy, need him to help her getting up every now and then, not to mention his little cousin, oh how she would cry and cry because it’s always Serik who played with her until she slept at night...

Once Aurena mentioned that they could send letter to their family, Serik waited no more but quickly brought out a sharpened coal and a piece of paper. He started to write.

“My dearest family”

“I am so sorry to disappear without a word. You all would have been very worried, probably had heard from Timur that I disappeared during the night of little nightingale’s first birthday. I assured you I am still alive and well. I am at the central island, at the proving ceremony. How I ended up here, I had no idea. It was like I was fainted, sleeping through a horrendous nightmare and then woke up here, one year later. It’s very confusing but at least I am not alone.”

“I will participate in the ceremony and get my own skybeast, then I will quicky go home as soon as I can. I hope you all are well and strong. Wish me luck on my trial, I wish I could embrace you all now and cease your concern. May the gods bless you all.”

“Also tell little nightingale I miss her, I hope she can still remember me. I wonder how well she could talk now.”

“Love, Serik”

Serik finished his letter and walked toward an acolyte. Marylka was there too, trying to pass her message to the acolyte.

Serik handed his in. “Could you please take mine to the town square in Ocris. Looking for ‘Tagaev’s pelt stand’. If you find nobody there, hand it to the fruit monger next stall. They are close friend to my family and would give the letter to them when they come to Ocris to sell pelt.” Serik said. He know he couldn’t reliably tell the acolyte to seek for his family firsthand, since they are nomadic and move the herd from place to place, the only hope is to find them at the pelt stall during the time they come to Ocris.

Serik then noticed Marylka having the very same trouble passing her message. “You have any trouble? Do your family has any known close friend or someone else who can reliably contact your family in Ocris?” He asked the girl.

Featuring: Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Last edited:

III✦III
III✦III
III✦III

III✦III

As the two continued to converse, Ezekiel's eyes couldn't help but wonder around each of the stalls. His interests piqued as he scanned each people's faces and unique clothing. Ezekiel hasn't been outside of Westeros ever since he was born, so everything he sees was absolutely stunning and interesting to him. His thoughts were quickly interrupted with a loud screech and he felt being tugged down like a piece of wood swiftly brushed his right ear. Ezekiel quickly jumped on a fighting stance, with one of his throwing blades on one hand. However, when he scanned the area and only found a woman in one of the stalls, filled with a bunch of woodcarvings. Each has its own unique patterns and designs.

Zeke found it funny to watch the two interact. If his mother was only... normal, then he'd probably have a lively conversation like the one unfolding in front of him. However, when her eyes landed on Zeke, he couldn't feel but shiver and feel uneasy. "I'm Ezekiel Marcellius, and this is Stitt, my Pocket Gryphon, and it's nice to meet you?" As the two of them shook hands, he couldn't help but feel the rough texture of her palms. The very hands that tried to injure him.

Damn, this family really have some anger problems.

"You truly have the hands of a woodcarver ma'am."
Zeke has never specialized in flattering people, but he specializes in honesty. And his words were laced with sincerity. Zeke had an idea and took off the recent carving Aldaf made of a 'Pocket Gryphon'. "Here is your son's recent work. What do you think of it?" He said in a teasing tone as he watched for Aldaf's reaction with a smile on his face. Stitt suddenly peaked out of his neck and steadily watched the lady inspect the figurine with analyzing eyes. Stitt grew to be protective of the object for some reason, even though she's only had it for a few minutes.

Aldaf's mother looked over the figurine.
"You rushed again, didn't you?" She spoke, turning to Aldaf. "I know you've done higher quality work. Did you rush this one?"
Aldaf chuckled. "Mom, you know me. Of course I rush when I'm nervous." He put his hands behind his head.
Aldaf's mother handed back the gryphon. "It's better than most semi-experienced carvers, I'll give you that."
She gestured to her stall. "Would you boys like to rest for a minute in the stall; eat something?"
Aldaf nodded, looking to Zeke.

As Talon took flight, Gerel clutched his pendant and muttered a silent prayer of safety to the five deities. The one called Serik approached him, gazing up at Talon's ascent with obvious wonder. Then he told Gerel of his history with eagles, how he enjoyed seeing his grandfather care for and train the majestic creatures. Gerel's heart swelled with pride for Talon, and camaraderie for his fellow tribesmen. "Talon is a bit of a special case," Gerel said, his face warm with fond rememberance. "She once claimed my family's grazing lands as her hunting ground. Everyday was a cat-and-mouse game with her. I would set traps, and she'd escape them with graceful disdain. Eventually she fell from one of my arrows, with the help of butter, a bee's nest, and a young goat. I could've killed her then, but a bond had already formed between us. I nursed her back to health and the rest is history."

In the corner of his eye, he saw Ezekiel and Adlaf bicker like two braying goats. He paud them no more mind than was necessary. Ezekiel wasn't worthy of his attention, but he did wonder why Adlaf was spending more time with him, after what happened to his wooden carving. Maybe it had something to do with the pervading sense of familiarity he felt with the others. Speaking of which, he heard footsteps from the direction of the tent. Turning, he saw Kari, Cal, and Lea exit the tent and make their way towards them. Kari was distinctive, with the strange eyewear hanging around her neck. And was it just him, or did Ezekiel look... flustered around Kari? Maybe it was the tiny little creature snug against her. Maybe it was something else.

Cal and Lea looked different from his father, and at the same time all too similar. He saw his green eyes against Lea's own. He saw in Cal the same smile whenever his father congratulates him for hitting a bullseye. 'All this time, I wanted to pass the proving ceremony to travel to Sudenta on my winged beast. Now, some strange force has unexplicably linked me with these Sudentans, from whom I can learn more about their culture and ways. The five deities have a strange sense of humor.'

Just then he heard a wizened woman call out the names of those participating in the Proving Ceremony. She introduced herself as Aurena, and what she told the group was... distressing. They confirmed a lot of things Gerel was considering, but the news settled in the pit of his stomach like solid stone. 'This was it. There was only one way forward. Complete the Proving Ceremony. Claim our skybeasts. Hopefully this will shed more light on what happened in the past year.'

Several other things came to light during this time; Ezekiel had a surprisingly soft side, especially when it came to family and that strange pet of his; Adlaf actually knew someone in the camp, though he didn't quite catch who it was, and; Kari had the makings of a leader. She was honest and compassionate, and possibly one of the rare few who could talk down Ezekiel. For the moment, he would follow after Kari, and see where the road would take them all.

Once they were given leave to prepare for the climb, he immediately went towards the acolytes. When Ezekiel asked about his family, it sparked a longing in Gerel's heart. Only then did he realize that he missed his family greatly. He was ready for it when he decided to make the journey before, but the strange circumstances that brought them here made him want to seek refuge in his mother's loving embrace, and hear his father's encouraging words. For the moment, he wanted to let them know that their son was doing alright.

When he approached, he saw Marylka and Serik near the Estendorian courier. Catching wind of their concerns, he said, "Perhaps we could address it to one of the herdmasters in Ocris. As long as we let them know who it is for, our letters will eventually find their way to our families, no matter where they are in Estendor." He fell silent, then smiled, saying, "A little prayer to the five deities wouldn't hurt."

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon AncientBird AncientBird

III✦III
III✦III
III✦III

III✦III

"Oh! I guess a few bites don't hurt." Zeke replied as he made himself comfortable on the stalls. Once the two are seated, Ezekiel decided to ask, "So? Why did you suddenly approach me? The others will probably think bad of you." Ezekiel was genuinely curious as he thought about the things he would say once they get back. Would Zeke apologize or will he suffocate on his own pride?

If Ezekiel is truly an honest person, then he'd simply apologize for his actions, but something was preventing him. If he does that, would he be considered as weak or vulnerable? And if anything, the last thing he wanted was to look pathetic to the very people he looked down upon on. "Also, do you wanna bring some back for the others?" Zeke referred to the food his mother was preparing for the two of them. In one of the books he read about psychology, it declared that food is the ultimate weapon for making new friends. Zeke's memories about the book was a long time ago, but he can still recall the memory of him being drowned with the said knowledge.
Did I just really considered the other's well-being?
No way!

"It's just a common fact that the human body needs energy before it tackles everyday movements!"
He angrily mutters to himself, ending his ridiculous argument with himself right then and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back