• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice SKT's out of character thread

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

kevintheradioguy

Salt
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
[class=text]
position:relative;
z-index:10;
width:100%;
box-sizing:border-box;
margin-top:100px;
margin-bottom:100px;
box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19);
text-align:justify;
padding:5px;
[/class]

[class=txtheader]
width: calc(100% + 10px);
margin:-5px;
box-sizing:border-box;
background:#000;
color:#fff;
font-size:20px;
font-family:'Bungee', Impact;
padding:5px;
[/class]

[div class=text][div class=txtheader]important things[/div]
Recruitment thread
Character sheets
Dice rolls
Maps and lore
Discord server

[div class=txtheader]about[/div]
In case you don't have discord, or just want to ask things before joining it, please, do so in this thread. here there are no real rules asides for RPN's general ones, so feel free to chat and have fun, discuss, etc.
[/div]

Last edited:
Few questions before I decide
1) how many people should be expected as a cutoff? (So I can judge in general if I can commit)
2) in battle how would we go about mapping it for movement? Or will it be textbased with cues?
3) By lighter do you mean more like “rule of cool” with something’s being a gm decision instead of a roll? Or just less rolls?
4) I’m assuming lvl1-11 means starting at level 1?

1) how many people should be expected as a cutoff? (So I can judge in general if I can commit)
That I really cannot say before the story begins. However, I'm online to post you, guys, replies every day. I expect for people to be able to post once a week, however. As in: Mon - plyer1 posts; Tue - player2 posts; Wed - player3 posts, etc.

2) in battle how would we go about mapping it for movement? Or will it be textbased with cues?
Up for debate, however, by default I expect this to be text-based. This is one of the lighter things for text-based DnD I wanted to do; but if everyone would like for there to be maps for every battle, I shall provide. Also, general area maps will be provided as well (cities, forests, villages, scouted caves, etc.)

3) By lighter do you mean more like “rule of cool” with something’s being a gm decision instead of a roll? Or just less rolls?
In addition to the map thing, I'd really prefer for there to be less rolls, as the die system on this website is a bit uncomfortable. That being said, I sometimes don't demand a roll if a player described their action well, in an awesome way. In a way that makes you think "damn, I don't ant for this backflip with three bow shots while riding a tyrannosaur to fail". In this case I use WoD mechanics that allows you to automatically barely succeed. That is up for debate as well: if the players don't like it, I won't do it.

4) I’m assuming lvl1-11 means starting at level 1?
Yep. It's an adventure that starts at lvl1, and you can expect it to end when you hit lvl11. It's flexible, though. At this point in our server we're discussing whether or not we start at lvl1 or lvl3, for example.

Xio Xio I think for easy reference, you can add that fur coat under your CS as a special item... alongside with artefacts and such. Absolutely optional.
I just remind that the fur coat gives you a) lack of exhaustion from cold weather; b) counts as noble clothes.

Is it okay to jump straight in with my character's introduction, or should I wait for some kind of approval? Also, how do I get approved to chat in the discord?

Is it okay to jump straight in with my character's introduction, or should I wait for some kind of approval? Also, how do I get approved to chat in the discord?
I usually tell if anything's wrong with the cs in discord, however, if the person isn't there, I PM.
Unless there's something extremely unusual in your CS, I say you can start, and when I take a look at it (currently in bed trying to sleep), we edit anything that seems off.
That being said, I'm a pretty chill DM, and unless there's some extreme immersion-breaking thing going on, you're safe to start.

Dears, the DM needs to sleep. If Warg A (grappled) gets more than 5 damage from you while i'm gone, consider it dead, and you can continue with your turns until Zi'on

kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy

Was Jo at 0 from the first attack? Is that different than being at negative HP?
Isn't negative HP not a thing in 5e? I thought that's why there's death saves and stuff now; I think damage past 0 only matters if it's enough to insta-kill (when the over-damage is equal to your max HP)

Isn't negative HP not a thing in 5e? I thought that's why there's death saves and stuff now; I think damage past 0 only matters if it's enough to insta-kill (when the over-damage is equal to your max HP)
Negative is a thing in 5e only for insta-ill, yes.

kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy

Was Jo at 0 from the first attack? Is that different than being at negative HP?
Jo was down, and bleeding out. After the healing she gained a few HP, and so, she's up and running now.
1. Creature's HP can be anything from the max HP to 0.
2. Jo had 12HP, and teh worg bit her for 13HP.
3. Since see #1, her HP became 0.
4. If worg would have bitten her for 24HP, which would've technically thrown her into -12 (as much as her max HP), she'd die. This is the only time negative counts.

You'll get the hang of it, I promise ;)

Thanks! I’m not frustrated, just ignorant. I wasn’t sure if I should have been healing her or stabilizing her or ignoring her ...

And if I ignore her, I can shoot a bolt right by a warg!
Well, remember that you can do a number of things during your turn.
One action, one bonus action, one reaction, movement, and free action.
Here's a quick reference for you: D&D 5e quick reference

And I can remind to you and the rest of the casting folk, that a spell takes one action, so you can fire only one spell a turn. But! If there's a cantrip that takes a bonus action or a reaction, you can use it as well.

Para-Genasi
Wat?

Minion & Hired Help
WAT?

DEFENSES
Bludgeoning*
Wa-a-a-at?

Mate, are you sure you opened the right book? We're playing DnD here :) official, published version. Here are the official races, here are the official backgrounds, here are the official traits, and here are the official rules. Do not make up content. You can come up with families, bloodlines, hamlets or even small towns for your backstory (in fact, I heavily encourage it just in case you'll pick some family that's dead for a good reason in a module), but do not make up custom races, classes, feats, traits, backgrounds, abilities, etc. We are not making this another half-demon-half-unicorn-half-angel-half-death-half-human filled RP. Come on, peeps, DnD is vast, it's easy to find what you're looking for!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back