• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Skin to Scales: Lore and Sign-ups (Dragon Urban Fantasy RP)

yxnie yxnie

Very nice. A bit difficult to read as the text is the same color as the background of the code, but it's very detailed.

Accepted.

FoolsErin FoolsErin Ah, thank you. Is the text and the background really the same color? It doesn't appear like that on my end (currently using the site's Light Mode, on Chrome). Even though you've accepted me would you still prefer if I somehow altered the text?
Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 6.52.19 PM.png

I'm using dark theme. That's probably the issue. You don't have to change a thing.

yxnie yxnie not to be rude or anything, but could you put a non-coded version in a spoiler or something? I don't have immediate access to non-mobile devices, so I don't really have a way to read it.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R As far as I'm aware of, there are a couple other sheets in this thread that aren't mobile friendly either (at least, on my phone's resolution)! And don't worry, it didn't sound rude at all. Anyways, I'm thinking of a way to make the code adaptable for smaller devices to begin with, but I suppose I could add a spoiler for the meantime.

yxnie yxnie not to be rude or anything, but could you put a non-coded version in a spoiler or something? I don't have immediate access to non-mobile devices, so I don't really have a way to read it.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R As far as I'm aware of, there are a couple other sheets in this thread that aren't mobile friendly either (at least, on my phone's resolution)! And don't worry, it didn't sound rude at all. Anyways, I'm thinking of a way to make the code adaptable for smaller devices to begin with, but I suppose I could add a spoiler for the meantime.
Oh damn, I almost forgot that mine looks like horse-shite on mobile devices :O I should put a spoiler thing too

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Disregard my earlier statement about putting a spoiler–I found a quick fix and the code's now mobile-friendly!

No problem, Sp3ct3r.

FoolsErin FoolsErin I have a few inquiries if that's alright–apologies if the answers were already mentioned somewhere, I may have missed them.
i. I'm assuming that, when this all starts, characters will all be in the same area (broadly, like the same city or country)? If that's the case, where does this RP take place?
ii. Is there any posting requirement/minimum (i.e, must have on average x number of words per post, having y posts per week, etcetera)? I'm asking so I know what to avoid doing ahead of time... Another note, I myself have difficulty responding to posts that are too short or uneventful. Too short meaning 'a few lines' and too uneventful meaning 'nothing that can be responded to/too much fluff'. I'm not sure if this sounds elitist in any way but that's not how I'm trying to come off as. ;;;
iii. Not a question, but I'd just like to give my two cents on the OOC location debate... I personally don't mind having a thread OOC nor do I mind having a Discord OOC, but chances are I'll be able to respond faster in the Discord since I'm often out for long periods of time!

Alright. Time for my character form. Obviously I'm the one running this so I don't need approval from anyone, but I should at least reveal to you all who I'm roleplaying as.

Name: Ashlynn/Ash/Ashie/Permafrost
Human Appearance: An average weight female with sun-kissed skin. Wavy light brown hair, often wears headbands, animal ears, or flower crowns. Usually wears shoulder-less tops with some vague cutesy symbol or a t-shirt with some geeky stuff on it paired with colorful leggings and a well-worn pair of beige flats. Usually has her camera draped over her neck and headphones on her ears.
Facial Appearance(If it helps you with descriptions): Green-blue eyes, with a thick dusting of freckles and a faint scar across her nose. Often wearing a k-pop dust mask of sorts across the lower half of her face.
Birthmark placement (where it is on your character): Around the elbow of her right arm.
Birthmark shape: Winged
Birthmark color: Greenish-light blue (Turquoise?) - An icy plant type dragon capable of summoning moss or vines to use and control for attacking and other purposes, at the consequence of almost being unable to move, frozen in place with claws unable to move a muscle. Greenish-light blue dragons are also capable of frosting over an object to hinder or prevent it's movement. However, this freeze-up can only be done once per dragon transformation.
Dragon Appearance: A mostly silvery ice dragon with odd eyes, one light blue, one green. She has certain patches of green scales covered in small vine-like veins and small flowers, surrounded in a thin circle of brown, dirt-like scales; Specifically around half her head, her underbelly, her front left leg, the base of her right wing, and the base and near tip of her tail. On the back of her head is a mixture of spikes, partially ice, partially stiff vines. Her tail is tipped with a small club-like structure.
Breath (If any): An odd mixture of ice and pollen. Both seem to cancel each other out somewhat, so it's not amazingly powerful.

Bio/Personality: Ash is a wanderer. She walks and goes bus to bus seeing what she can see, taking nature photos and drawing art on the sidewalk with chalk where it's legal. She isn't shy or soft-spoken, in fact, she is often described as sweet and open to new people by those she holds close. Rather, she's lost in her mind, rarely removing her headphones to shut the outside world out with music and whatever else she can download.
Other: Carries around a pouch of sidewalk chalk in all sorts of colors. Will call herself Permafrost in her dragon form.

yxnie yxnie

1) This is my Achilles heel for this roleplay. To be honest I think I'll have to ask around the accepted applicants about what's alright with them.

2) Absolutely not. My only requirement is that it's not a singular line. I did that a year ago in an old roleplay and I realize that it suffered severely because of it. I don't want other people to suffer.

3) Alright, I'll keep that in mind.

FoolsErin FoolsErin

Well, judging on where the other characters (potentially) originated from, I think it's safe to say Jiahao'll have to bid his motherland farewell... so I'd be accepting of wherever. The boy's rich too so it shouldn't be too hard to hit everyone with a "He flew here on a plane on short notice" for my first post.. Hm..

Huh, that's interesting. I've been here on RpN since '14 even though my account says otherwise so I don't know how things work outside of these forums. Based on my years here I'd say requirements are pretty common and aren't too big of a problem (normally the usual, "write at least a paragraph, let us know if you'll be inactive for awhile", for starters...). But yeah, I completely see where you're coming from with that. Plus, I have finals in June, and they will wreck me.

I used to roleplay on the Roblox forums. We had no standards with how small and hated the community was.

[class=fyuriwrapper] position:relative; [/class] [class=card] position:relative; z-index:0; width:300px; height:500px; margin:auto; background:#F0B1CD; border-radius: 10px 15px 10px 13px; -moz-border-radius: 10px 15px 10px 13px; -webkit-border-radius: 15px 10px 13px 10px; text-align:center; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=img] pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=name] position:absolute; top:20px; left:0; z-index:1; width:100%; box-sizing:border-box; background:#CDE3E3; padding:5px; color:#EA0067; font-family:'Macondo Swash Caps'; font-size:20px; [/class] [class=hver] position: absolute; bottom: 20px; left: 0; z-index:1; width:100%; box-sizing:border-box; background:#EA0067; padding:3px; color:#CDE3E3; font-family:'Macondo Swash Caps'; font-size:17px; [/class] [class name=cardinfo] position:absolute; top:0; left:0; z-index:2; width:300px; height:495px; margin:auto; box-sixing:border-box; background:rgba(155,155,161, 0.0); border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; overflow:auto; text-align:justify; transition: all 1s ease-out; color:transparent; padding:5px 10px; 5px 5px; font-family:'Montserrat Alternates'; [/class] [class name=cardinfo state=hover] position:absolute; top:0; left:0; z-index:2; width:300px; height:495px; margin:auto; box-sixing:border-box; background:rgba(155,155,161, 1.0); border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; overflow:auto; text-align:justify; transition: all 1s ease-out; color:#fff; padding:5px 10px; 5px 5px; font-family:'Montserrat Alternates'; [/class] [class=textparent] width:280px; height:495px; [/class] [class=textchild] width:280px; margin:auto; padding-bottom:5px; [/class] [class=fyuricredit] width:300px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:11px; [/class]
[div class=card][div class=cardinfo][div class=textparent][div class=textchild]
Basics::

NAME ⇔ Alexandru (Alex)

GENDER ⇔ Male

AGE ⇔ 01, 01, 20XX (20)
BIO::

PERSONALITY ⇔ Restless, Alex is an individual who is constantly itching to be doing something, as it is part of his nature. While he is no big fan of crowds and loud interactions he will often find himself in situations contradicting this fact, be it gathering information or gathering the goods of unsuspecting fools. While he is notoriously seen as a bad fruit, he is also a charming fucker. His chemistry constantly drawing people to him like a magnet, he uses this to his best advantage. To say the least, this child is the classic adorable, yet obnoxiously mysterious fuckboi.

Everything from his pouty lips and adorable puppy gaze, to his husky voice will tell you he is an angel sent as a gift from heaven. Its only when people start noticing his lips being more luscious than pouty, his eyes more predator than puppy, then they know: Oh this is what you call a fuck boy. To put an example to this, he could probably talk a nun into bed before she had a chance to pray her her lord and savior, later begging for forgiveness; but thats not the only things shes begging for.

Just because he is a charismatic guy doesn't mean he doesn't care about people, no, when it matters and the person matters to him, he can pull his head out of the gutter long enough to solve a problem if it arises. It just depends on if you actually matter to him.

HISTORY ⇔ His history is nothing major, he grew up in the British Virgin Islands with his grandparents until they passed, living the life of a chill guy surrounded by people in their 60's or tourists until he was in his early teens. This gave him a charismatic ability to charm the panties off of most and the wallets from others, however, as he grew older his grandparents did the same (no surprise there).

When he was 14 his grandparents could no longer care for him as they were in their 70's, with health issues and all that, this lead to him being moved to live with his extended family who had moved to China from London. Here he found that the wealth he had on the island was far from all he would have, his new family well off had connections, many connections, this was where he would meet some of the only people he trusts.
OTHER SHIT::
APPEARANCE H. ⇔ Thin like a willow his body seems somewhat weak, his skin a faded porcelain with a grayish tint, which is as close to tan as he can get as he is one of the many who cannot tan regardless hit trying leaving him as a living doll. His hair a simple brunette while his eyes normally narrowed to slits are hazel orbs of depth, ranging in color from a deep ash to a flashing amber under his dark thick lashes. His face is usually in some form of a grin, smirk, or smile, reflecting his cocky ,at times, nature.

APPEARANCE D. ⇔ Roughly 12-16 feet in length from nose to tail, this body is thin and fluffy ,widest where his neck and tail meet his torso. Covered in thick feathers which alternate colors, his head decorated with streaks of rustic orange, while his back and tail hold fading shades of violet, pink and blue. Hes like a dog with wings. Lightweight for a dragon, and thin to make his flying fast and such.

c3a95f1b9b9f0ed273832388b592c3c8.jpg

BIRTHMARK ⇔ Winged, lain across the base of his neck wrapping around the sides like strangling hands. Colored a bright shade of pink, like a fuchsia flamingo the mark is a mixture of poison and something a little more... lustful.

BREATH ⇔ A nearly translucent gas tinted an unnoticeable magenta, with a faint scent which alters based on the body chemistry of the target, making it a pleasing scent to whomever ingests it. The effects are more hypnotizing than harmful, yet caution as this does not mean what comes next might prove just as pleasant, yet end in something far from it.

FASHION SENSE ⇔ As a human he seems a minimalist, wearing what appear as simple tees and such. However, their price tags prove to be a bit more costly than approved by any person with a sensible mind. As a Sky dragon he has the habit of hiding all of his treasures safely away so as they are not to be stolen from him, and also is a notorious pickpocket which is aided by this seemingly irresistible charms.

WEAPON ⇔ Even as a human his body seems to emit some form of pheromones, leading him to be in fewer fights and more, how to put this.. More high tension standoffs. When it comes down to it he usually relies on his basic combat knowledge and skill of stamina to avoid more harm, weapons are not his forte.

[/div][/div][div class=name]ALEXANDRU AENSET[/div][div class=img]97049712d73be0b0d3f1f261af2a0695.jpg[/div][div class=hver]ᑦᵒᔿᵉ ᵒᐢᵎᵎ Ⓣⓞⓤⓒⓗ Ⓜⓔ Ⓑⓐⓑⓨ ᑦᵒᔿᵉ ᵒᐢᵎᵎ[/div][/div][div class=fyuricredit]code by Fable Fable [/div][/div]

NAME ⇔ Alexandru (Alex)

GENDER ⇔ Male

AGE ⇔ 01, 01, 20XX (20)

PERSONALITY ⇔ Restless, Alex is an individual who is constantly itching to be doing something, as it is part of his nature. While he is no big fan of crowds and loud interactions he will often find himself in situations contradicting this fact, be it gathering information or gathering the goods of unsuspecting fools. While he is notoriously seen as a bad fruit, he is also a charming fucker. His chemistry constantly drawing people to him like a magnet, he uses this to his best advantage. To say the least, this child is the classic adorable, yet obnoxiously mysterious fuckboi.

Everything from his pouty lips and adorable puppy gaze, to his husky voice will tell you he is an angel sent as a gift from heaven. Its only when people start noticing his lips being more luscious than pouty, his eyes more predator than puppy, then they know: Oh this is what you call a fuck boy. To put an example to this, he could probably talk a nun into bed before she had a chance to pray her her lord and savior, later begging for forgiveness; but thats not the only things shes begging for.

Just because he is a charismatic guy doesn't mean he doesn't care about people, no, when it matters and the person matters to him, he can pull his head out of the gutter long enough to solve a problem if it arises. It just depends on if you actually matter to him.

HISTORY ⇔ His history is nothing major, he grew up in the British Virgin Islands with his grandparents until they passed, living the life of a chill guy surrounded by people in their 60's or tourists until he was in his early teens. This gave him a charismatic ability to charm the panties off of most and the wallets from others, however, as he grew older his grandparents did the same (no surprise there).

When he was 14 his grandparents could no longer care for him as they were in their 70's, with health issues and all that, this lead to him being moved to live with his extended family who had moved to China from London. Here he found that the wealth he had on the island was far from all he would have, his new family well off had connections, many connections, this was where he would meet some of the only people he trusts.

APPEARANCE H. ⇔ Thin like a willow his body seems somewhat weak, his skin a faded porcelain with a grayish tint, which is as close to tan as he can get as he is one of the many who cannot tan regardless hit trying leaving him as a living doll. His hair a simple brunette while his eyes normally narrowed to slits are hazel orbs of depth, ranging in color from a deep ash to a flashing amber under his dark thick lashes. His face is usually in some form of a grin, smirk, or smile, reflecting his cocky ,at times, nature.

APPEARANCE D. ⇔ Roughly 9-12 feet in length from nose to tail, this body is long and thin like a mix between a Korean and a Chinese dragon, widest where his long neck and tail meet his torso. Covered in thick scales which alternate colors, his head is a ruby shade with streaks of turquoise, while his back and tail are a deep obsidian which fades to an off white shade of tan covering his belly.

BIRTHMARK ⇔ Winged, lain across the base of his neck wrapping around the sides like strangling hands. Colored a bright shade of pink, like a fuchsia flamingo the mark is a mixture of poison and something a little more... lustful.

BREATH ⇔ A nearly translucent gas tinted an unnoticeable magenta, with a faint scent which alters based on the body chemistry of the target, making it a pleasing scent to whomever ingests it. The effects are more hypnotizing than harmful, yet caution as this does not mean what comes next might prove just as pleasant, yet end in something far from it.

FASHION SENSE ⇔ As a human he seems a minimalist, wearing what appear as simple tees and such. However, their price tags prove to be a bit more costly than approved by any person with a sensible mind. As a Sky dragon he has the habit of hiding all of his treasures safely away so as they are not to be stolen from him, and also is a notorious pickpocket which is aided by this seemingly irresistible charms.

WEAPON ⇔ Even as a human his body seems to emit some form of pheromones, leading him to be in fewer fights and more, how to put this.. More high tension standoffs. When it comes down to it he usually relies on his basic combat knowledge and skill of stamina to avoid more harm, weapons are not his forte.

Last edited:
Name: Kerry Wolfe

Human Appearance:
e55ba7102bbe541768046117b4a18ef6.jpg

Birthmark placement: Kerry's birthmark is placed nearly perfectly on her back, only slightly leaning towards her right shoulder.

Birthmark shape: Winged-finned birthmark

Birthmark color: Blue

Dragon Appearance:
smallrainbow_ride_by_bronzehalo-d4h7cr4.png

Breath: Kerry's breath seems to be drawn out from her aquatic side. But instead of blowing strong streams of water, her breath is more misty and isn't as strong. In short it would act better as a sprinkler then as a weapon. Her mist often reflects her mood at that time, shining a slight tone of any color, however most of the time it has a default pale rainbow hue.

Weapons: A small blue and white pocket knife.

Personality: Kerry is as anxious as they get. She is easily startled, and is the kind of person you can expect to look before you leap. She is very cautious about every single little nit picky thing, to a point where she is slightly neurotic. That being said, give the girl a chance! Kerry will often lighten up once she trusts you, often to a point where becomes extremely chatty, and bubbly. She also tends to have a tart tongue which can sometimes seem rude, though she tries her best not to make any snarky comments. Kerry also sports dark and often disturbing humor, which can sometimes make her personality hard to track. Though in the end, she is just a kind girl, with an interesting outlook on life.

Other: Kerry is quite small for her breed of dragon, however she has amazing stamina in flying. Her feathers are waterproof allowing her to dive in water, but she easily becomes exhausted in it.

Last edited:
Name:
Bellatrix "Trixie" Selmer

Human Appearance:

Birthmark placement:
Outside right calf

Birthmark shape:
Aero-Aquatic (Winged-Finned)

Birthmark color:
Yellow

Dragon Appearance:

Breath:
Lets out an extremely strong electric charge (only works underwater)

Weapons:

Let it be a backstory thing. Among other possible explanations, how hard would it be for a dragon to raid an armory museum?

Oh. Nevermind. You weren't...

Ah.

Anyways. I need to address some things.

Scheani Scheani

That is a very nice piece of code. Accepted.

Deathpelt Deathpelt

Oooh. Nice images. Accepted.

h2h0e h2h0e

Mmm...

This took a lot of consideration, but I'll accept you.

Since I've accepted so many people, I don't think beyond this point I can guaranteed anyone will get in. Unless the confirmation on the main RP thread proves that some people aren't going to stick, we'll be having a large number of players.

Speaking of which, if you don't confirm yourself at the main RP by next Friday, I'll have to give you the boot.

I'm letting people do any flashbacks and mild exposistion they want to do, but otherwise no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back