• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Skin to Scales: Lore and Sign-ups (Dragon Urban Fantasy RP)

FoolsErin

when you at the when you you when the
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Skin to Scales: Lore and Sign-Ups

Thousands of years after the great decision to seal magic away, the earth is in a state of suffering known as present day. But the seal isn't perfect, and tiny bits of what once was has slipped through the cracks. Long before the seal, a great dragon bled out, leaving selfish humans to consume the bodily fluid as a form of alternative medicine. At first this had no effect on the people, but when powerful magic fell into their hands, the children of these greedy men and women began showing peculiar traits. Children sported peculiar, tattoo-like, colorful birthmarks, and at seemingly random moments, they became the lizards that stories had told them to fear! The peculiar shapes of these birthmarks seemed to affect what terrain these hidden beasts traversed and what of it's body slowed it behind. Colorful hues of these near-tattoos seemed to assure the elemental alignment and whatever other magic possessed by them. They were called the "Dragon-bled", and because of this power clutching to humanity itself, this breed of human was able to return. This did not effect everyone of course. Rather than that, it merely climbed up from the roots of the family tree and greeted the descendants of these ancient family lines. Unbeknownst to these new Dragon-bled, a hidden organization slowly chipped away at the powerful seal, via the powers of other peculiar hybrids and other phenomenon you may know. The seal is on the verge of it's shattering, all that's required are nine ancient belongings from creatures that used to walk the Earth. However, the people who made the seal knew that soon that people would come for the relics and as such imbued specific family lines with powers to activate in times of "danger" towards the relic. These people range from antique collectors to museum security guards drawn to these objects for reasons unknown to them. Matters get even trickier when the news that there are crazy conspiracy theorists called "Dragon Hunters" that have recently grown in numbers. Their goal is to slay a supposed dragon for purposes unknown to outsiders of this group.

Without magic and the powers alongside it, the Earth will surely perish.

Is it your skin that turns to scales?

~The Nine Relics~

The Elven Bow of the Forest

A hand-carved bow with a fistful of arrows. The slight glow to the wood suggests it may have some sort of enchantment.

Dwarven Worker's Pickaxe

A well worn pick made from an unknown metal, there's a gash in the handle with a small rock stuck in it.

Traditional Gnome Hat

A tiny hat made for celebration of some sort of holiday. It's missing a bit of thread.

Halfling's Mug

Fairly new mug, but it has a few stains of whatever was previously in it. Gross.

Orc's Battle Axe

A black iron axe with some patterns in the blade. Has a suspicious red stain near the top of the metal.

Unknown Amulet

An amulet with a peculiar blue jewel inscribed with Greek letters. The string is covered in handmade beads.

Siren's Hairpin

An elegant hairpin crafted out of a scallop and conch shell, some coral, and some pearls. Being near it makes a person feel dazed and like they should be elsewhere.

Hamadryad's Twig

A birch twig. It has a heart carved into it near the leaves from some long ago lovebirds. When it comes in contact with a living being it appears to make them calm.

Satyr's Pipes

For certain hand-carved, it looks like this particular set is crafted to play some higher notes.

~Birthmark shape key~

• The winged dragon birth mark symbolizes the sky dragons, flying among the clouds. The majority of sky dragons have a breath of sorts, and have sharper claws and tougher scales than any other main category of dragon, but are disadvantaged by a powerful obsession with treasure, often putting their lives on the line for it, no matter how irrational it may be in a situation.

~Birthmark Color Key~

• People who have a red colored birth mark, will have a dragon based around heat and fire. In dragon form, they will be able to manipulate fire, and survive in extremely hot temperatures. They typically have a fire based breath, and are mostly Sky and Land dragons. Sea dragons who have this color of birth mark have the nickname 'Magma swimmers'.

Some loose guidelines/rules for the character forms:

If you choose a Winged Finned shape birthmark with a red color, your dragon reacts normally to high temperatures.

The usually/typically/mostly/commonly is just a guideline. Combine whatever you want!

Please be reasonable with the human form weapons. This is supposed to be modern day, not the apocalypse. Carrying around AK-47s and assault rifles isn't something you'd usually see.

Pictures or word descriptions are allowed for the appearances. Please keep in mind though that the image needs to be high enough quality for me to tell what I'm looking at.

If you aren't sure if your character is balanced or not, just ask. I made the RP so I obviously should have an idea of what's "too powerful".

Option has a symbol next to it? That means it's optional, or required with certain choices.

Breath is the stuff that a dragon spits out such as fire or ice.

~Character form~

Name:
Human Appearance:
Facial Appearance(If it helps you with descriptions):
Birthmark placement (where it is on your character):
Birthmark shape:
Birthmark color:
Dragon Appearance:
Breath (If any):
Weapons*:
Weight^(If your birthmark is tan colored):
Other:

Questions? Feel like I should've addressed something? Feel free to let me know!

[class=background] width:900px; height:60vh; background:url('https://ctd-thechristianpost.netdna-ssl.com/en/full/61843/fairy-tail-chapter-537-spoilers-and-release-date-mavis-to-free-zeref-from-ankhseram-curse.jpg?w=721&h=454') no-repeat; background-size:100%; overflow:hidden; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; margin:auto;center; [/class] [class=loadpage] width:900px; height:60vh; background:black; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; align-self:flex-start; [/class] [class=greeting] width:350px; height:50px; margin:auto; margin-top:20vh; font-family:Gothic A1, regular; font-size:3em; color:#99f3ff; text-align:center; [/class] [class=enter] width:75px; font-family:Unica One, display; font-size;0.5em; color:white; text-align:center; border:1px solid #99f3ff; padding:.3em; cursor:pointer; margin:auto; margin-top:10px; transition:all .3s ease-in; animation:{post_id}flash 3s linear infinite; [/class] [class name=enter state=hover] letter-spacing:0.1em; [/class] [animation=flash] [keyframe=0]opacity:0.2;[/keyframe] [keyframe=25]opacity:0.6;[/keyframe] [keyframe=50]opacity:0.3;[/keyframe] [keyframe=75]opacity:0.7;[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]opacity:0.2;[/keyframe] [/animation] [class=slider] width:270px; height:100%; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 87% 0, 100% 100%, 0 100%); background:white; opacity:0.6; padding:1em; align-self:flex-start; display:flex; flex-direction:column; justify-content:space-evenly; animation-name:{post_id}slideright; animation-duration:1.2s; animation-timing-function:ease-out; animation-delay:0s; animation-direction:normal; [/class] [animation=slideright] [keyframe=0]transform:translateX(-100%);[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform:translateX(0);[/keyframe] [/animation] [class=centerimage] clip-path: polygon(100% 0, 94% 100%, 16% 100%, 0 0%); width:230px; height:100%; background-size:100%; background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; opacity:0.5; [/class] [class=contentwrap] width:369px; height:101%; background:white; clip-path: polygon(6% 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 3% 100%); opacity:0.9; [/class] [class=slidein] animation:{post_id}slideleft 1.2s ease-in-out 1; [/class] [animation=slideleft] [keyframe=0]transform:translateX(100%);[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform:translateX(0);[/keyframe] [/animation] [class=Tabs] width:210px; padding:0.5em; border:1px solid #bbb; font-family:Unica One, display: font-size:1.6em; text-align:center; color:#222; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #99f3ff; letter-spacing:.6em; transition:all 0.3s linear; cursor:pointer; [/class] [class name=Tabs state=hover] letter-spacing:0.8em; [/class] [class=scrollbox] width:338px; height:90%; overflow-y:scroll; padding:.8em; margin-left:15px; [/class] [class=text] font-family:Karla, regular; font-size:0.8em; color:black; display:inline-block; margin-left: 5px; [/class] [class=title] display:inline-block; font-family:Unica One, display; font-size:0.8em; color:black; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #99f3ff; [/class] [script class=enter on=click] fadeOut 800 loadpage addClass slider show slider addClass slidein contentwrap show contentwrap show centerimage [/script] [script class=tab01 on=click] removeClass select Tabs addClass select tab01 fadeOut 200 contentwrap fadeIn 800 page01 [/script] [script class=none] hide contentwrap hide slider hide centerimage [/script] [script class=tab02 on=click] removeClass select Tabs addClass select tab02 fadeOut 200 contentwrap fadeIn 800 page02 [/script] [script class=tab03 on=click] removeClass select Tabs addClass select tab03 fadeOut 200 contentwrap fadeIn 800 contentwrap fadeIn 800 page03 [/script]
[div class=background][div class=slider][div class="Tabs tab01"]basic[/div][div class="Tabs tab02"]personality[/div][div class="Tabs tab03"]Power[/div][/div][div class=centerimage][/div][div class="contentwrap page01"][div class=scrollbox][div class=title]Name[/div][div class=text] Jason Batson Todd[/div]
[div class=title]Age[/div][div class=text] Seventeen[/div]
[div class=title]Gender[/div][div class=text] Male[/div]
[div class=title]Birthmark[/div][div class=text] Blood/Black Red Winged Mark on his forearm
[/div]
[div class=title]Breath[/div][div class=text] Breath of the Atlas Flame[/div]
[div class=title]Breath/Mark Description[/div][div class=text] The mark he holds is the Black Red, or Blood Red. They are practically the same as the Red, able to manipulate flames and heat, as well, as having a high resistance towards heat and flames. It's practically impossible to burn those of red. His Blood Red, however, is not the same as the classic Red. The Blood Red Tattoo of his gives him a dark flame, almost black in color, which he is able to use. Very hot, and very powerful, but at the stake of burning himself with it's use. It burns his life itself, every second of the Black Flames use, his cells themselves burn up, and he takes a severe amount of damage. His Breath comes in two forms, one of a wide spread fire, and one of concentrated heat in the form of a beam. [/div]
[div class=title]Danger[/div][div class=text] [/div][/div][/div][div class="contentwrap page02"][div class=scrollbox][div class=title]Are you strong?[/div][div class=text] I'm too strong![/div]
[div class=title]Are you fast?[/div][div class=text] I'm too fast![/div]
[div class=title]Are you hot?[/div][div class=text] I'm too god damn hot![/div]

[div class=text]Jason is a hot headed boy, always fiery, always excited, always a smile on his face. Much like other Sky Dragons, he has an obsession with gold. It's not as much Greed, as he has a sort of . . . Rich Lust. His Gluttony for Riches and Gold has no limit, no ceiling, no bottom. While others might have an obsession for Gold because they need it, or they're addicted to it, or have come to the thought that the world runs on money, he just wants it . . . Because he does. Whenever anyone asks why he likes Gold so much, he simply says because he likes it. Enough to risk his life for it, and if there's enough of it . . . Maybe enough to risk other peoples lives as well.

Although, don't get him wrong, he would never intentionally put an ally in harms way to get what he wants, he can't help but feel tempted sometimes. As he sees it, as long as no one other than him gets harmed, what's the big deal? Although, this rule only applies for allies. For strangers or enemies, he'll sacrifice thousands of people if need be to get a single golden ring. He is cold hearted in nature, though feels no true emotion towards anyone he doesn't deem his ally. If he doesn't know you, he'll discard you. If you are his enemy, he'll go out of his way to try to kill you. If going up to someone he doesn't know that's hurt, depending on his mood, he'll help them, or put them out of their misery.

Jason is very Loyal as well, and absolutely hates cowards, or anyone that would harm other people to get what they want. His loyalty can be tested, however, with his Lust for Gold. Though, in the end, would end up trying to find a way to keep his loyalty, while also gaining the Gold wanted.[/div][/div][div class="contentwrap page03"][div class=scrollbox][div class=title]title[/div][div class=text] something here[/div]
[div class=title]title[/div][div class=text] sidk[/div]
[div class=title]title[/div][div class=text] something here[/div]
[div class=text]bla bla[/div]
[/div][/div]
[/div][div class=loadpage][div class=greeting]アトラスの炎[/div][div class=enter]"Burn"[/div][/div]
[/div]
credits RI.a RI.a

MIGHT CHANGE DEPENDING

Last edited:
Hmm. I'll have to put a pin in this form for now because I'm not quite sure what you meant to put as appearance. I do appreciate all of the coding you did to make this though.

Name: DAE
Human form:
latest

Facial appeareance: mostly wearing a gas mask, and a scar on his chin
Birthmark placement: on right shoulder
Shape: wingless birth mark
Color: purple/poison
Dragon appeareance:
shadow_and_poison_by_lanasy-d8juqff.png

Breath: mustard gas/nerve agent
Weapon: warhammer metal club for human form and a boot knife , both laced with poison (cyanide, cyanide is curable if you have the proper ingredients for the antidote, he also contains the antidote as well for bartering. )
Other: relatively young dragon that roams in deserts and is particularly found in the Gobi Desert where the sandstorms are just his breath , wry dangerous as he is as well given orders passed down to guard one of the sacredness hidden relics .

310SPj4lI5L._SX355_.jpg

Neko Neko of the North
A) Is the dragon-shifter thing known about to the general public?
B) Can dragon-shifters have draconic traits in their human forms?
C) Can we get an OOC?

Hmm.. Jade, I'll still accept your form, but I would recommend you edit the appearance a bit so it's not a direct rip-off from Fairy Tail.

Lenny, I think your form is reasonable. Accepted.

Specter:

A: No, it's not. I'd like to think that hiding this stuff would make things more challenging.

B: That's been a question I've pondered for a while. Yes they can, but I'd like to think that "partial" transformations like that would be developed later on.. If you'd like to discuss this with me I'm open to that.

C: Yea, we certainly can. After I get three people accepted I'll put a vote out about whether it should be a seperate thread or a discord.

I don't have it created yet. I want to get at least one more person accepted before I make the thread.

No, it's alright to be curious. Actually I think some of the other people might be curious of that as well.

Name: Axus Windico
Human Appearance: About 5'10 in height. medium-short, light brown hair, deep green eyes, flat cheekbone and accented jaw bone. Primarily lean build with dense, as opposed to bulky, muscle. Calloused hands that always seem to have either soot or ink smudged on them. Is almost always seen wearing a worn and beaten leather trench coat. Intricate scars line the right side of his neck.
Birthmark placement: Left forearm, just before wrist
Birthmark shape: Small winged
Birthmark color: Silver, that of the metal dragon capable of shifting what metal his body is made from. Most of the time a sample if required for the Dragon to shift, there are instances where this is not the case, such as when the metal is greatly understood by the dragon. In addition, metal dragons can change the temperature of their exterior bodies at will.
Dragon Appearance:
dragons-x-70074944.jpg

Breath (If any): None
Weapons*: While depending on the situation or depending on if he got to pick his gear, Axus will typically have some historically inspired weapon he had forged with his uncle.
Other: An accident a few years ago had killed Axus' role model, his uncle, and left he himself mute, crushing his dreams of being a public speaker. His outlet for grief was weapon based martial arts, such as HEMA and Kali. He has yet to learn he is a dragon-bled.

Last edited:
Hub, I think you're as good as accepted.

As I said earlier, I'll open up the offical roleplay thread and a possible OOC around this number of people.

We'll offically start the roleplay however, after I make my own character form. (Mostly for everyone else to get an idea of who I'm roleplaying as.)

Would you guys rather see a OOC thread or a discord for this?

Heya! I have a few questions of my own.
1. Do the characters know they can turn into a dragon and can they control it (transform at will)?
2. Generally, how big is the "typical" dragon?
3. How long can the dragon form be maintained?

Hmm.. Jade, I'll still accept your form, but I would recommend you edit the appearance a bit so it's not a direct rip-off from Fairy Tail.

Lenny, I think your form is reasonable. Accepted.

Specter:

A: No, it's not. I'd like to think that hiding this stuff would make things more challenging.

B: That's been a question I've pondered for a while. Yes they can, but I'd like to think that "partial" transformations like that would be developed later on.. If you'd like to discuss this with me I'm open to that.

C: Yea, we certainly can. After I get three people accepted I'll put a vote out about whether it should be a seperate thread or a discord.
ight, what about changing his hair to black, and the Dragonic appearance having silver scales instead of red?

I too have a question or two of my own: What happens to the objects on the character's person when they transform? On a similar note, how does the transformation take place? Is it a direct shift of the body (like the Hulk), or are the human and dragon bodies separate, just interchangeable with magic, or some other method?

[div style="background:url(https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKHijxCRJS3KOHe/giphy.gif) fixed;background-size:cover;border:20px #85FFEF double;border-radius:50%;padding:70px;"]

044775b1e0432b4c7caa5f680b598686.gif
Cleo Sterling
Name: Cleo Sterling

< Human Description: Long black hair, often kept up in a ponytail for convenience's sake. She has grey-blue eyes and tanned skin.

4JJn3REtFbYjcG20CW3gat3Z4EMOf4TdMVrSd29b_4GDQjzos5Mp_rft3xqweiwevTdGRNDiIjn-gxRB8RJsvyOyx-kDmZvtywF4q-E3hUXS3p6Cjun-lY_02vM0brW6wovwLlaX
ej_1aP1f4ZFUgbr_47bHGAFGGDt2I3WLwUESeZeOM5jaUX6X9mbX1ctIWCGSU0DajFYiEhFJ6eLhNky2m8yKViTgsC8CNGE_ygPQFo25b3RORylstbwGBN6pnk-dXVaw7aO1CwEF

Birthmark placement: Right Thigh
Birthmark shape: Semi-Aquatic (finned-wingless)
Birthmark color: Yellow

Personality: Upbeat and energetic, Cleo's desposition is about as sunny as the salt-washed cliffs of her birthplace, Australia. She has an innate sense of curiosity, which is mostly to blame for her desire to try out new and exciting things... especially thrill-inducing sports. As a downside she can quickly lose interest, be it in a hobby or conversation, and cannot hold focus for very long.

Dragon Appearance: (refer to pictures on right) --> Cleo takes on the form of a semi-aquatic dragon, which is most comparable in physiology to a crocodile, albeit with much more serpentine features. Her scales are of a bluish hue and are strongest along her spine, decreasing in durability the closer they are to her underbelly, which is pale in coloration. She has red spikes along her spine capable of storing large amounts of electricity.

Breath: None

Other: Cleo’s scales are capable of building up incredible amounts of electricity which are then stored in the spines along her back. This electricity can be discharged all at once for an enormous blast of lightning, or in separate strikes via bites, lashes, and other forms of contact.

[/div]

Name: Cleo Sterling

< Human Description: Long black hair, often kept up in a ponytail for convenience's sake. She has grey-blue eyes and tanned skin.
044775b1e0432b4c7caa5f680b598686.gif

Birthmark placement: Right Thigh
Birthmark shape: Semi-Aquatic (finned-wingless)
Birthmark color: Yellow

Personality: Upbeat and energetic, Cleo's desposition is about as sunny as the salt-washed cliffs of her birthplace, Australia. She has an innate sense of curiosity, which is mostly to blame for her desire to try out new and exciting things... especially thrill-inducing sports. As a downside she can quickly lose interest, be it in a hobby or conversation, and cannot hold focus for very long.

Dragon Appearance: (refer to pictures on right) --> Cleo takes on the form of a semi-aquatic dragon, which is most comparable in physiology to a crocodile, albeit with much more serpentine features. Her scales are of a bluish hue and are strongest along her spine, decreasing in durability the closer they are to her underbelly, which is pale in coloration. She has red spikes along her spine capable of storing large amounts of electricity.

4JJn3REtFbYjcG20CW3gat3Z4EMOf4TdMVrSd29b_4GDQjzos5Mp_rft3xqweiwevTdGRNDiIjn-gxRB8RJsvyOyx-kDmZvtywF4q-E3hUXS3p6Cjun-lY_02vM0brW6wovwLlaX

ej_1aP1f4ZFUgbr_47bHGAFGGDt2I3WLwUESeZeOM5jaUX6X9mbX1ctIWCGSU0DajFYiEhFJ6eLhNky2m8yKViTgsC8CNGE_ygPQFo25b3RORylstbwGBN6pnk-dXVaw7aO1CwEF

Breath: None

Other: Cleo’s scales are capable of building up incredible amounts of electricity which are then stored in the spines along her back. This electricity can be discharged all at once for an enormous blast of lightning, or in separate strikes via bites, lashes, and other forms of contact.

Last edited:
[class=background] max-width:900px; height:520px; margin:auto;center; background-color: #eee; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=imagebox] width:350px; height:450px; background:url('https://78.media.tumblr.com/6782e23307b8ae77f508ae0f8d33b4a8/tumblr_oi94mmFqUh1u6gdeuo1_400.png'); background-size:120%; border:5px solid #222; position:relative; top:30px; left:510px; [/class] [class=overlaytext] width:330px; text-align:right; font-family:Oswald; font-size:25px; color:#c93030; text-shadow:2px 2px 0px #222; position:relative; top:400px; left:0px; [/class] [class=maintextwrapper] width:900px; height:460px; overflow-y:auto; padding:0px; position:relative; top:-430px; left:40px; [/class] [class=textbox] width:450px; background:#fff; font-family:Roboto; font-size:12px; color:#222; padding:10px; position:relative; top:-40px; [/class] [class=titleblock] width:450px; text-align:right; font-family:Oswald; font-size:25px; color:#eee; text-shadow:2px 2px 0px #222; position:relative; top:-50px; [/class]
[div class=background][div class=imagebox][div class=overlaytext]Bembe Hilaire[/div][/div][div class=maintextwrapper]
[div class=titleblock]Basics[/div][div class=textbox]Name: Bembe Hilaire
Nickname(s): (Feel free to give her one :} )
Ethnicity: Caribbean
Birthmark Placement: Left side of torso
Birthmark shape: FInned Birthmark(Sea)
Birthmark Colour: Blue
[/div]
[div class=titleblock]In Depth[/div][div class=textbox]Breath: Bembe has a breath, however unlike others instead of having fire or poisonous gas, Bembe can shoot out scoulding water at her enemies. By taking in water she can heat them up inside at pockets that are found in her throat that are heated up by extreme heat that quickly brings it to a burning temperature. She can the release the water and shoot it at her enemies out through her mouth.
Weaknesses: Like most sea dragons she is unable to be away from the water for too long, doing such would result in severe dehydration and eventually death. Along with the inability of being away from water for too long, she also comes with a weakness to heat and fire. Too much exposure to heat or flames will dry her out quickly or turn her into a fish fillet.
Likes: Fishing, water, the ocean, swimming, and physical exertion.
Dislikes: Fire, classical music, Oreos, and being cooped up inside for too long.
Personality: Bembe is an outgoing person, always up for socializing with others. She is loud and often overbearing to most, usually breaking the term personal space. She is always up for a good laugh with some friends or some strangers, the usual personality of a friendly drunkard you'd find in a bar in your classical fantasy game(usually a dwarf). She is always up for a good challenge and has nothing against a fun brawl between two friends. All and all, she is your friendly, loud, giant friend.
[/div]
[div class=titleblock]History and Appearance[/div][div class=textbox]Appearance: Bembe is a muscular woman standing at the height of 6'2, towering over most females her age and a fair share of males to. She has a wide figure due to her many muscles she gained from her fishing and labour around the docks. She bears bright green eyes that stands out against her brown skin and chocolate brown hair. She also sports a bull horn piercing along with ear piercings.
History: Bembe was raised in a fishing town on one of the Caribbean islands, growing up surrounded by the sea and its many wonders. She has always had a connection to the sea, may it be from her being a sea dragon or from coming from a family of fishers. She has grown her many muscles from the labouring around the docks and from spearfishing in the coral reefs around her island. She became a skilled fisher after her years of experience, being one of the most skilled in spearfishing on her island. Bembe grew up with two fishing parents that taught her everything she knew along with the 'brothers' and 'sisters' (the others on her island). She also knows the horrors of the deep sea, making many trips with her families boat to deliver her islands fish or for going out deep sea fishing.
[/div][/div]
credits RI.a RI.a
[/div]

Last edited:
Name: Jupiter Cyrus "J. C." Evers
Human Appearance: J. C. is 5'11", making him unremarkable in the height department, but lanky in a way that makes him look tall until compared to someone else. He has wiry black hair, bright green eyes, and a pale complexion.
Birthmark placement: Right ankle
Birthmark shape: Winged
Birthmark color: Violet
Dragon Appearance:
butterfly_dragon_by_night_owl_23-d95lki4.jpg

But wings are more purple
Breath: Small pellets of energy that can create strange phenomena wherever they hit. The effects vary wildly, and J. C. has no conscious control over their effects. They're always fairly benign, however, and usually dissipate after around five minutes.
Other: Owns the Amulet relic, but isn't aware of its nature.

Last edited:
Guys, I have some schoolwork to do so I can't get to everyone straight away.

No worries, I understand the struggle xD

Okay. One embarrassing presentation about Iraq, some in-class work on point of view, and one math packet later I'm still alive.

Time to start addressing all of you.

Juju Juju

1) They can control it at will, whether they know it or not varies from character to character. I don't mind if you write them as clueless until now.

2) I'd say about exactly nine feet for most dragons. The small-winged would obviously be about one or two feet smaller. That may sound small in terms of huge creatures, but when you consider I've been imagining the real-deal dragons to be absolutely huge, it makes sense.

3) About half a day or 12 hours.

Jade Emperor Jade Emperor

How about we compromise on reddish silver scales? :)

Hubub101 Hubub101

That depends on the object, clothes and shoes just sort of disappear, items like wallets and cellphones stay the same size, but stuff like backpacks, satchels, pouches kinda stretches to the dragons size.

Second question I'd have to go with the second option. My original idea was the hulk-like transformation, but now that I think your second idea makes more sense the more I think about it.

Juju Juju

....An electric crocodile dragon....

Very creative! I think I'll enjoy having you around, accepted!

seasonedcat seasonedcat

Nice coding! Goes into very nice detailing, which I appreciate.

Accepted.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

I love the art you used for the dragon form. It's very cute.

I'll accept you for now, but I'd really like it if you got to your human appearance really quick.

Lenny2000 Lenny2000

Hopefully by tonight to make up for not being here yesterday.

[class=1Pic] position: relative; display: inline-block; width: 200px; margin: auto; left: 53px; [/class] [class=1Text] position: absolute; width: 200px; height: 200px; top:0; left:0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); color: white; z-index: 2; margin: auto; border: solid 2px white; [/class] [class name=1Text state=hover] opacity: 1; margin: auto; [/class] [class=2Pic] position: relative; display: inline-block; width: 200px; margin: auto; left: 53px; [/class] [class=2Text] position: absolute; width: 200px; height: 200px; top:0; left:0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); color: white; z-index: 2; margin: auto; border: solid 2px white; [/class] [class name=2Text state=hover] opacity: 1; margin: auto; [/class] [class=0Pic] position: relative; display: inline-block; width: 200px; margin: auto; left: 53px; [/class] [class=0Text] position: absolute; width: 200px; height: 200px; top:0; left:0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); color: white; z-index: 2; margin: auto; border: solid 2px white; [/class] [class name=0Text state=hover] opacity: 1; margin: auto; [/class]
于家豪​
basic​

[div class=1Pic][div class=1Text]
NAME :: yú jiahao
ALIAS :: bao « 褒
BIRTH DATE :: december 31 « eighteen
SEX :: male
ETHNICITY :: chinese

HEIGHT :: 179 cm
WEIGHT :: 56 kg
HAIR COLOR :: violet
EYE COLOR :: violet
OTHER ASPECTS :: he has heavy bags underneath his eyes due to his lack of sleep. another thing caused by his lack of sleep is his pale skin complexion.

mental​

[div class=2Pic][div class=2Text]
PERSONA :: jiahao has always been one to avoid the crowd. the boy detests major attention and will often be found walking away from any commotion, even if it involves him, himself. although he prefers to stay away from others with his head ducked downwards, he certainly isn't shy, which is evident by his ice cold voice and uncaring gaze.

if anything, jiahao tends to be extremely blunt and straight to the point. he doesn't hesitate in saying what he wants to say in a few short words, severely disregarding the feelings of those around him as well as holding little to no remorse for anything harsh that escapes his lips. even so he's quiet overall–having never yelled or broken down a single time in his life with his cool and calm nature. the violet-haired boy is one for analytical approaches, as opposed to ones of the heart; he makes decisions and executes actions as a result of his abnormally quick observation and contemplation skills, all functioning in a way that will hopefully end up working in his favor.

after knowing all this, one would think that he's stone-hearted and emotionless, but that isn't true at all... sure, his expressions aren't too major in comparison to most of his peers but he isn't completely incapable of conveying sentimentality and is even more capable in simply feeling it... and despite having his own desires and wishes he continues to lean towards acting with his head rather than his heart.

HABITS :: occasionally falls asleep erratically–this is due to narcolepsy; rubs the back of neck when vexed; runs hands through hair when in deep thought; spaces out to avoid conversation
LIKES :: sleep, serenity, dimmed lighting, heavy rain, dark cloudy days, normality, donuts
DISLIKES :: coffee, bright lights, bustling crowds, loud noises, unnecessary interaction

BIOGRAPHY :: once upon a time, there was a famous family. this family was the Yú family, having a large influence on various asian countries as well as in some parts of other continents. the lineage had been successful for many years and continues to be so to this day... being one of the wealthiest households in the world and almost every member being well known in one field or another.

the day before the new year (20xx), on the thirty-first of december, a new addition to the family was birthed. originating right from a hospital in the heart of shanghai was none other than little jiahao. what would become of him? would he become a big-time CEO like his grandfather and father? no, the boy lacked the charisma, and sooner or later the businesses would be handed down to big brother xiaoli. or maybe he would be an international star like his older sister and brother? that didn't seem to be an option either, since his appearance wasn't as beautiful as theirs were. perhaps, a world-renowned chef like his mother... but truth be told, although his culinary skills weren't lacking, he failed to posess the passion all chefs should have.

so he (involuntarily) set his sights onto being a powerful figure in the medical field, much like his grandmother. it was easy enough–the boy grew up extremely proficient in intellect and academics, and many skills came naturally to him. he worked and worked, avoiding the spotlight that he grew distasteful towards, and everything went decently.

well, that was up until the discovery of the mark etched into his scalp. one way or another, accidents happened, resulting in his mother shaving off a majority of his hair as punishment. the family had a few dragon-bled in their past so the discovery wasn't all that startling, but never had they come across the peculiar lilac color... but what came with this color was an unfamiliar ability as well. getting to the point, his family wanted to showcase him even more–but jiahao rejected that idea completely. hence, him being on the down-low in comparison to his kin, covering his face when he ventured out in the streets of his homeland, going with the 'just bao' as his name.

(I'm not sure if a bio was necessary but I thought it'd give a bit more of an idea as to who 'Bao' is.)
[/div]

ability​

[div class=0Pic][div class=0Text]
COLOR :: lilac « custom
SHAPE :: small winged
DESCRIPTION :: the location of the mark allows for it to be hidden from the boy himself as well as others, it being covered by his messy locks of purple hair. due to this, not many know about his affiliation to the dragon, and he goes about his days refraining from becoming too noticeable. meanwhile, the lilac tint the birthmark seems to have is an indication of his ability to alter the properties of gravity itself, pushing and pulling, lightening and leadening, shifting an object from a buoyant aspect to a crashing one; all activated from direct contact from him. due to the activation process of his ability, he often covers up his skin, wearing long sleeves and pants and a dust mask on his features to top it all off.

unfortunately, all powers come with a flaw. holding the ability for too long will trigger the boy's narcolepsy and send him into a forced state of sleep due to his already persistent drowsiness... and, if used too often/past his limit (numerous amounts of short castings instead of a single long one), temporary paralysis begins to take place.

note :: jiahao has a heightened, but not full, connection to his subconscious, thus him being as intelligent as he is. he also has almost photographic memory and good intuition, among other things. Yeah, this kid's a prodigy.
[/div]
[/div]

[/div][/div][/div]
code by yxnie yxnie

|| note: hover on images.
multiple hidden scrolls. ||

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back