• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern sk8r boys

Sin. Bo. Kang
i feel like i'm losing control. maybe i should let myself go because this is so predictable

Bo Kang was quite surprised when the male mentioned caring about him. “What?” He asked rather bluntly before gently setting down the plastic cup. He wasn’t angry or anything, just surprised. “Even then,” He cleared his throat. “It’s still just a minuscule detail, and it’s easy to forget,” He brought up. “I can’t even remember my mom’s favorite food, let alone yours.” Was that a little insensitive? Did it seem like Bo Kang never held the same affection for Ju Yong? Perhaps, but he didn’t realize that until much later on.

"Am I a stranger to you, Bo-Kang? It's fine. You can treat me the next time."

It felt like they were strangers, in a way. Years had passed and it wasn’t like they were close anymore or even on a friend-basis. But, he slowly nodded and shoved his wallet back into his back pocket. “Suppose you’re right.” He mumbled. “Next time.”

And, now they were playing on doing this again? He felt like he was being sucked back into the same loophole he got trapped into when they were younger; always replying with next time until there was no next time. He had a sinking feeling that he would get caught in that routine of hanging out every day. It did sound enjoyable, but he was afraid there would be an ending to it.

He glanced out the window for a few moments, the grumpy, gray clouds blocked the rays from the sun; it looked miserable. The forecast predicted freezing rain. The instructor couldn’t help, but feel that mother nature was sad that day, so her cold, gloomy tears had to grace the earth. Perhaps her heart was broken from some human-made destruction, and she had to let everyone know.

He wouldn’t want the elder to stay out during mother nature’s meltdown.

“Do you want me to drive you home after this?” He made sure to add emphasis on him driving rather than Ju Yong. “Well, depends on how far you live from here -- I wouldn’t want you to have to wait for a bus or something in this weather,” He explained before pausing briefly. “I heard it’s supposed to rain.” Makomin Makomin

[class=name] font-size: 36px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 4px; color: #a1ff8e; opacity: 0.7; width: 280px; margin:auto; margin-left:-10px; margin-top:-20px; text-shadow: 2px 0 0 #7c9d80; [/class] [class name=picbox] margin:auto; margin-top:20px; background: #e6c3a7 url('https://t1.daumcdn.net/cfile/tistory/996130445AE06FDB1C') no-repeat center center; background-size:200px; width: 200px; height: 200px; border-radius: 250px; border: 3px solid #e6c3a7; transition-duration: 1s; [/class] [class name=picbox state=hover] border-radius:20px; [/class] [class=locbox] transition-delay:.2s; background: grey; Height: 180px; text-align:center; Width: 180px; border: 1px solid black; margin-top:40px; margin:auto; padding-top:10px; color: Ivory; transition-duration: 1s; opacity:0; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; border-radius:20px; [/class] [class name=locbox state=hover] opacity:0.8; [/class] [class=hidescrollcontent] background: grey url('https://i1.wp.com/nappyplum.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/pastel-yellow-color-wallpaper-3.gif') repeat; margin-top: -30px; height:400px; width:250px; Font-size:11px; overflow-x:hidden; margin:auto; padding: 25px; border-radius:20px; border-left: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-bottom: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-top: 3px solid #7c9d80; border-right: 3px solid #7c9d80; [/class] [class=contentbox] height:385px; width:257px; padding: 5px; color:#9e8b66; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; Font-size:11px; overflow-y:scroll; text-align:justify; [/class]
[div class=picbox][div class=locbox]

Feeling: hAaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh
[/div][div class=name]Lee Ju-Yong [/div]

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]At the sound of Bo-Kang's blunt 'what', the brunet couldn't help but overthink what he had said and the implications of it. Now flustered, Lee Ju-Yong set his plastic cup of coffee down a bit louder than he anticipated, in a rush as he quickly raised his hands in front of him in a defence-like position.

"No! I didn't mean it like that," he said as he gestured with his hands, trying to explain where he was coming from but it just looked like he was panicking even more, "-I don't care for you, you know, like that." Realising how that might have came across, his eyes widened as he tried to explain even further, "No, wait! I don't mean I don't care about you. It's just, like we're friends."

"Not that we're not friends now, I'm just saying-" Before he even finished his sentence, Lee Ju-Yong found himself slumping back against the chair he was sitting on, fed up with having to explain himself even further to only create more misunderstandings. He took another sip of coffee as a small silence enveloped them. I shouldn't have said that, he found himself kicking himself just as the ice skating instructor suggested driving him back home because of the rain.

He found himself mirroring the male's action as he too, looked outside. The male used the bus on a daily basis and walked to and from work. As such, he could tell that he rain was definitely going to be a heavy one. He did consider taking him up on the offer but Ju-Yong wondered whether it was too much trouble.

"If it's too much of a trouble, it's fine. I'm used to taking the bus and walking, even in the rain." He found himself saying slowly, as though he was still debating on whether to take them up on the offer. "I still live near my old university." He added before looking back outside.
[/div][/div]
coded by the amazing woebegone

Last edited:
Sin. Bo. Kang
i feel like i'm losing control. maybe i should let myself go because this is so predictable

The rain was already beginning to pour down onto the streets, and it caused him to briefly smile. Unlike most people, he actually enjoyed the rain, not being in it just looking at it. He liked watching it fall from the full clouds and make loud pitter-patters against the ground. Although it was soothing, he felt bad for mother nature as she released her fresh tears onto them.

He looked back towards Ju Yong as he spoke. “Oh, I doubt that’s much out of the way,” He noted before finishing off the last bit of coffee in the plastic cup. “Besides, I want to waste time anyway,” He admitted while playing with the drink’s straw. Going home felt rather anxiety-inducing, especially with the whole ex-boyfriend mess, so dropping off the elder was a nice procrastination device.

“It’s only a one-time thing anyway,” He spoke, although his voice was a little unsure. By the way, they were speaking, it seemed it wouldn’t be a one-time thing, especially since they worked in the same facility. “When should we go?” He asked. “Ah, I don’t mean to sound like I’m rushing you. Like I said, I really would like to waste time.”

The instructor sighed as he glanced towards the few people in the coffee shop. He felt like he was back in 2012, drowning himself in coffee while speaking with Ju Yong. It was a sense of deja vu, but he couldn’t decide how he felt about that. They mixed, bitter and sweet. “We did this type of stuff when we were younger,” He brought up. “Kind of strange how we're back here again.” Makomin Makomin

[class=name] font-size: 36px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 4px; color: #a1ff8e; opacity: 0.7; width: 280px; margin:auto; margin-left:-10px; margin-top:-20px; text-shadow: 2px 0 0 #7c9d80; [/class] [class name=picbox] margin:auto; margin-top:20px; background: #e6c3a7 url('https://t1.daumcdn.net/cfile/tistory/996130445AE06FDB1C') no-repeat center center; background-size:200px; width: 200px; height: 200px; border-radius: 250px; border: 3px solid #e6c3a7; transition-duration: 1s; [/class] [class name=picbox state=hover] border-radius:20px; [/class] [class=locbox] transition-delay:.2s; background: grey; Height: 180px; text-align:center; Width: 180px; border: 1px solid black; margin-top:40px; margin:auto; padding-top:10px; color: Ivory; transition-duration: 1s; opacity:0; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; border-radius:20px; [/class] [class name=locbox state=hover] opacity:0.8; [/class] [class=hidescrollcontent] background: grey url('https://i1.wp.com/nappyplum.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/pastel-yellow-color-wallpaper-3.gif') repeat; margin-top: -30px; height:400px; width:250px; Font-size:11px; overflow-x:hidden; margin:auto; padding: 25px; border-radius:20px; border-left: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-bottom: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-top: 3px solid #7c9d80; border-right: 3px solid #7c9d80; [/class] [class=contentbox] height:385px; width:257px; padding: 5px; color:#9e8b66; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; Font-size:11px; overflow-y:scroll; text-align:justify; [/class]

Feeling: wdyM ONE TIME

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]Lee Ju-Yong wondered whether it was imposing of him ask the reason as to why he wanted to waste time. The male had assumptions of why he would need to do so but he frowned at himself. Stop trying to get into other people's business, he told himself but for some reason, the brunet couldn't help but ask. "Why do you need to waste time?" For all he knew, Bo-Kang could simply wanted to get back home later because he felt like it.

Taking a final sip of his coffee, he found himself eyeing the ice skating instructor. One-time thing. The brunet could feel his positive vibes falter at such words. He couldn't help but wonder whether he was being his overly-bearing self. He couldn't help but wonder whether it was indeed like that day seven years ago whereby he would be left again. Sighing internally, Ju-Yong told himself he wasn't going to be fooled again by wistful thinking.

At the mention of reminiscent, the male couldn't help but tell him to suppress his feeling of sadness, anger and wariness. He wondered whether he was too emotional but he hated the fact that just the topic of their past could stir up unresolved emotions. "We were immature and and dumb back then. Maybe we're given a second chance to right our mistake." He said with a small grin but he was obviously not his usual optimistic self at saying that.

Standing up, the male took a look at the rain outside before asking, "Shall we? Let's head out before the rain worsens." He then took his plastic cup before throwing it into the bin before heading out with Bo-Kang following through.
[/div][/div]

Last edited:
Sin. Bo. Kang

Bo Kang considered spilling the truth, pour out his feelings and worries to his old friend, but he only shrugged. He felt, for now, that information was too personal to tell Ju Yong. “Uh… I guess I’m not too excited to see my roommate,” He said. It wasn’t a complete lie; his roommate was a little irritated after the ex-boyfriend situation, and he certainly didn’t want to face him until it all blew over. “He’s in an awful mood today.”

There was silence for a few moments before Ju Yong mentioned this being their second chance. The instructor blinked, he hadn’t thought about it like that. “I suppose so,” He muttered softly. ”Maybe I won’t fuck it up this time,” He thought himself as he chewed on his bottom lip. “It’s interesting how things play out. Years later, we meet in a similar place we first met in. Strange,” He acknowledged.

“Yeah,” He sighed before standing up from the chair. “It’s already starting pour.” He craned his neck to get a better view of the many puddles forming in the cracks. Only after a second did he avert his attention to tossing away his trash.

-

The rain began hitting his fluffy hair, drenching it down into a flat mess as he stepped out of the little cafe. Even his shirt was darkening from the showers. “Ah,” He mouthed out of shock as the cold droplets hit his skin. He wasn’t expecting it to be that cold. “Motherfucker,” He groaned as he clicked the button on his keys to unlock the car. It wasn’t pouring just yet, but it was still on its way. He walked around the forest green car to the driver’s side before opening the door and sliding into the leather seat as soon as he could.

Once Ju Yong was in the car, he twisted the key, letting the engine rumble. “You can just put your address into my phone,” He explained as he pulled the device from his back pocket. The instructor unlocked it and pulled up the directions app before handing it over to Ju Yong.

He wasn’t expecting much from the car ride, besides silence and the soothing sound of rain hitting the car. But, he didn’t mind that. Perhaps they needed it. Makomin Makomin

Feeling: why r u like dis

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]The brunet nodded at Bo-Kang's explanation. He wanted to ask more but knew he shouldn't. Entering the passenger seat, Lee Ju-Yong closed the door before looking ahead at the car parked in front of them too. He didn't know what else to do now.

Ju-Yong was about to suggest giving him instructions when the ice skating instructor had passed him his phone to key his address with. The male obliged with a small grin before handing it back to the male. It was about fifteen minutes away from the cafe, slightly longer because of a bit of traffic but nevertheless, rather closeby. "Thanks again, Bo-Kang. Taking the bus and walking takes me about half an hour so you're really helping me out." He said as his grin widened before he found himself slumping back against the seat.

As though he had forgotten something, he reached into his pocket before dialling for a number. He placed his phone against his ears and after a few rings, a voice spoke up.

"Hello? Ju-Yong-ah."
"Hey, mum. I'm coming back now so dad and yourself can go to the restaurant. I'll reach in about 15 minutes."
"Okay. The extra shift is only for today so don't worry about us and take your time, okay?"
"Okay, love you."

Ending the call, Lee Ju-Yong stuffed his phone back into his pocket before turning to Bo-Kang, an apologetic smile on his face. "Sorry about that. My parents are working an extra shift today. They usually work in the morning but the boss needed extra help."

He also added, "I used to work as a waiter for two years before I got this job." The memories of him working at the restaurant were both sweet and sour.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

After taking his phone back, he set it in one of the two car’s cup holders. He let the AI’s voice speak the directions as he carefully drove out of the nearly perfect parking spot. He hummed as Ju Yong thanked him. “Yeah, no problem,” He said as he stopped at a red light. Bo Kang’s driving, unlike Ju Yong’s, was steady and law abiding. He didn’t swerve around cars or speed. Instead of feeling like you were driving on an acid trip, you felt like you were cruising smoothly. The instructor definitely preferred his way over the other’s way.

He became silent as soon as the elder began speaking on the phone. Instantly he was able to tell who Ju Yong was speaking to, his mother. Bo Kang always admired his past friend’s family, and in some ways, he was jealous. They just seemed like sweet people compared to his own kin. But, looking back at his mindset then, he blames it on being ungrateful for his own. Maybe if he hadn’t been whining about his own family and wishing for something better, he would’ve been able to appreciate them. Perhaps.

“Oh don’t worry about it.” He had forgotten where Ju Yong’s parents worked. Perhaps that was where Bo Kang’s family excelled. His parents were quite wealthy, especially with his father being a doctor. But, with such high paying, attention-consuming jobs, there wasn’t any time for family. So, maybe the other’s family was even excelling in that area. He felt conflicted. For a few moments, his mind was off thinking about that. He felt guilty for thinking about it that way. Both families were lovely people and comparing them was low.

He was pulled from his thoughts when Ju Yong mentioned working as a waiter for a few years. “Ah, really?” He asked. “How was it? I heard, from my roommate, that it’s pretty stressful when you have terrible customers.” He paused. “He quit after a few days, but to be fair, he’s not very people orientated. He really knows how to push people’s buttons.” A soft chuckle escaped him as he recalled watching his roommate bust through the front door, fuming, before venting about quitting and awful customers.

Bo Kang never had a job before his current one, but he would never tell Ju Yong that. After the accident, he went through physical therapy and instantly went into working as a freelance skating instructor. It felt embarrassing. Makomin Makomin

Feeling: wowe very smooth

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]Lee Ju-Yong felt his eyelids getting heavier by the second. It was as though a sleeping pill had just taken an effect. Even if he had just had coffee, ironically. Maybe it was the smooth drive Bo-Kang offered, compared to his maniacally one in comparison. He told himself to get ahold of himself just as the ice skating instructor had askes him a question.

The brunet would always be grateful to the owner of the restaurant his parents worked in. He was one of the very few people who never judged him-- a university drop out who wanted to settle as a full time waiter. It was one of the very few blessings he considered, having his ex-boss provide him a job alongside his parents' whenever they needed the extra money.

Though, the job itself was rather degrading to a certain extent. Ju-Yong was never really embarrassed to tell anyone he was a waiter. However, customer did offer up treatmeant that degraded a human being at times. It was fun interacting with his coworkers but working in the F&B or more specifically, the hospitality side of this industry took away emotions of some. He wasn't allowes to be angry, sad or annoyed even if he rarely was.

"It can be frustrating especially since mistreatment is so often that we have to just brush it off but we know it'll happen again." He said with a small laugh before stretching his legs out, relaxing even more. Ju-Yong tried suppressing a yawn but it was evident that his usual energetic self required some charging.

His eyes begin to water as he said carelessly, "But it's an honest job. It was one of those jobs that were given to me even after I dropped out." Ju-Yong felt his eyelids dropping and slowly but surely, felt himself succumbing to sleep.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

Bo Kang would’ve kept the conversation going out of politeness if Ju Yong didn’t fall asleep. He didn’t have to look over to tell the other was dreaming, he just had a feeling he was, or it was because of the snoring that sounded through the car. Even though the noise was loud enough to bother someone, the instructor still found it pleasantly cute and gentle. Of course, his poker face and cold eyes, focused on the street, wouldn’t show how he felt, but deep down, the affection was present.

He wasn’t surprised Ju Yong had fallen asleep, the rain mixed with the smooth car ride was like a soothing lullaby -- that a baby would fall asleep to. He wasn’t comparing him to a baby necessarily. Perhaps he just had a long day, and he was finally able to relax.

The car was approaching its destination, and his stomach was twisting in knots. For a moment, he didn’t know why.

He didn’t know how to wake the elder up. It felt somewhat embarrassing like his social awkwardness couldn’t get any worse after this. He could just imagine his friends laughing at him.

”Your destination is on the right.”

As he parked the car beside the sidewalk of the house, he sighed. He didn’t want to shake him awake or even touch him, but there was no way an outside force could stir him. He felt his hand hover over the steering wheel, but he quickly dropped his hand. The car horn was too comical and rude to use as an alarm clock-type device.

“This is so fucking…” He sighed as he rested his head against the wheel. Silence followed his desperate and agitated words. ”Just do it,” He thought to himself before pressing his lips together. Suddenly, he sat up and carefully hit the horn of the car. He never really used the car’s horn (road rage isn’t something he gets too often). It struck out in a quick bolt of sound, causing the instructor to jump out of shock. Regret. How stupid was he?

“My hand slipped,” He lied as he let his fists fall to his side. "My bad." Makomin Makomin

Last edited:

Feeling: aaaaAAAAAAHHhhhHHH

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]He had many solaces. His first was, of course, ice skating. Followed by anything free offered to him before ending with sleep.

Ju-Yong had never taken slumber for granted after he dropped out od university. Having worked many part-time jobs and at odd hours, he not only learned but practiced appreciation for sleeping. It became a habit, even until now whenever he took the bus. He's sleep as much as possible despite his current job being from 8 to 4. As such, he would occasionally twitch in his sleep.

However, it was a rare occurence that he dreamed. Though, it was an exception today considering the car ride was and will forever be more comfortable. Lee Ju-Yong was on ice.

He skated like he usually did after everyone in the academy left. The brunet was doing his usually routine. But for some reason, he begin to skate to the routine of that day. He twirled and was about to do a jump axel when the blaring of a horn brought him back to reality.

The male jerked back into the seat in shock, hurting the back of his head before crying out, "Oww..." In his groggy state, he rubbed the place that hurt with his hand before saying, "Ahjusshi, are we there-"

Ju-Yong squinted his eyes, trying to get used to his now conscious state just as the face of Bo-Kang came into vision. Due to his sleep, he had forgotten their encounter from before and merely assumed this was their first meeting since that or the person he had had dreams of for the first two years of that materialised.

Lee Ju-Yong, out of instinct, screamed at the top of his lungs.

"AaaaaaAAAHhhhhHHHHhhHHHHHHHHHHH."
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

As soon as the instructor finished his apology, Ju Yong did something so unpredictable and shocking. Bo Kang jumped out of shock and his face twisted into an expression of distress. Silence seemed like a myth. The irritating noise of screaming broke throughout the car, hurting Bo Kang's eardrums. His brows furrowed and his lips parted as he glanced towards the screamer.

Was Ju Yong finally getting back at him for ghosting him when they were teenagers? It seemed like it. Why else would be screaming? It caused Bo Kang to let out a heavy sigh and drop his head against the wheel. He couldn't figure out how to respond to the screaming. The whole situation was stressful and panic-inducing.

Seconds passed, and the instructor was still panicking. "What is it? What's wrong with you?" He questioned, his voice was shaky in a mixture of confusion and panic. "People can probably hear you." Perhaps his words weren't too calming or soothing, but he couldn't help it. It was alarming, and he was positive, it was alarming for the residents of the neighborhood. He just wanted the past friend to shut up and stop attracting so much attention. Was he like this every time he woke up?

Like things seemed like they couldn't get any worse, someone opened their front door and walked out to check on the pair. But, they stopped at the foot of their yard and stood there, probably getting ready to call the police. He wanted to crawl up in a whole and stay there forever. Maybe that was an overreaction, but he felt like this made him look bad, like an abuser. So many scenarios flew through his train of thought, plaguing it. What if they called the police?

All because Ju Yong had gone completely mental. Makomin Makomin

Feeling: im gon' DIE

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]His piercing scream echoed in the car and it was evident that it did so on the outside too, considering a neighbour of his was seen craning her neck to get a better view of what was happening on the inside of the car. These all seemed too real.

Having stopped screaming, Ju-Yong stared at Bo-Kang's face for a few second as he felt his back inching towards the door of the passenger seat, seemingly frightened at the presence of the male. He knew that he was conscious or rather, somewhat but he was confused at the situation.

Why was he here, was all the brunet could think about before he cautiously raised his arm before him before reaching towards the ice skating instructor. A few inches away from the male's face, his hand moved forward before pinching the male's cheek.

It was real.

Lee Ju-Yong was about to ask what the heck was going on too when he suddenly remembered them having coffee. His jaw dropped but his hand was still on Bo-Kang's cheek just as knocking was heard from his side of the window.

He turned around, a few fingers full of Bo-Kang's cheek before seeing the concerned look on his older neighbour's face. Using his free hand, he pressed for the window to go down before asking, "Hi Ha-Neul-sshi, how can I help you?"

She went on to asking about what was happening before Ju-Yong had lied, saying that there was cockroach in the car. She didn't seem to buy it but with Ju-Yong's fingers still holding onto Bo-Kang's cheek, she nodded before making her way back.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

The silence was uncomfortable. Ju Yong looked like he was trying to escape like Bo Kang was a serial killer. He squinted as he watched him back up against the door, planning his escape. He bit his lip, waiting for him to make a run for it and scream something along the lines of, “Creep! Help, a murderer! He scrunched up his nose, waiting for the horrible moment to pass. But it didn’t. No, Ju Yong just sat there.

What a strange situation. It seemed so surreal, especially when Ju Yong went for Bo Kang’s face. He tried moving back, but he was too slow. The other male already grabbed his cheek like some old woman with cigarette breath. And he wouldn’t let go even after it had been far longer than it needed to be. Perhaps it would’ve been better if he continued screaming and left the car, without a word. At least then, Bo Kang would’ve been able to drive away and avoid embarrassing torment.

He watched as the older woman approached the car window and knocked on it. Still, Ju Yong’s finger’s were wrapped around his cheek, and it didn’t look like he was releasing him anytime soon. The instructor let out a deep sigh, he was on his last nerve. Sure, Ju Yong was sweet, but he was really starting to tick Bo Kang off. As listened to their short conversation, he couldn’t help but glare at them like an angry cat. He was pretty sure the neighbor noticed. Let her. She deserved for pushing her way into their business.

Once she disappeared back onto her lawn, he quickly slapped the elder’s hand. “Aish,” He grumbled as he turned his head away. He gently rubbed his wounded face as he glanced out the window. “What the hell, dude? Do you ever know when to stop?” He glanced back towards Ju Yong. But, his features softened as soon as he met the other’s eyes. “Sorry.” He cleared his throat. “I probably shouldn’t have hit the horn. I didn’t know you were going to react like that. But, we’re at your house.”

He didn’t want to admit the reasoning for honking the horn. He knew it would make himself awkward and weird. He was going to stand by the hand slip excuse for as long as he could. The instructor liked to believe he was good with human interaction, and this whole situation bruised his already damaged ego. Ju Yong just looked so peaceful and he couldn’t ruin that -- so, he destroyed it by mistake instead. Makomin Makomin

Last edited:

Feeling: i know im wrong but mEANIE

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]He honestly, wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

Forget ice skating, Lee Ju-Yong's funeral was to be held this coming Thursday at 6pm. The brunet couldn't help but look down at his hand that was slapped away before looking back at the ice skating instructor's cheek. At the realisation of what just happened, the male's face turned a bright red in embarrassment as he tried to explain himself to the other male.

What could he even say? His mind went around in circles before concluding that at this point, the more he tried to convince his lie, the less convincing it would be. He opened his mouth and he was about to speak up when Bo-Kang had uttered the words he had dreaded to hear from seven years back and even until now.

Do you ever know when to stop?

He knew that Bo-Kang has always been the type of person that blurted out whatever before actually thinking about it. But Ju-Yong still, couldn't help but feel a small part of him hurt at it.

"F-Fine then! I'll leave then." He said with an overexaggerated frown, looking as angry as he could be opening the passenger door and leaving. Stupid Bo-Kang, he told himself like a small child, chanting it. He had reached the front of the car before stopping, realising he hadn't apologised for having pinched him and screaming like an idiot.

He closed his eyes for a second before sighing loudly. Sometimes he hated that he was like this.

Lee Ju-Yong then made his way back to the passenger seat, opening it before saying very loudly, "I'm sorry for screaming and pinching you but you're still rude and I'm leaving for real."

He closed the door awkwardly, wanting to slam it but knowing that was uncalled for. As such, he did a full swing for the door to close before holding it back just before it closed. To Ju-Yong, he was obviously showing his anger but to others, it seemed like a Golden Retriever puppy getting furious.

He swiftly made his way up to his house before closing the door behind him, not lingering outside for a moment after before sighing aloud.

He was definitely going to avoid the ice skating instructor tomorrow.

Or at least, try to.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

Bo Kang began twisting the car key’s, ecstatic to be getting out of that traumatic neighborhood. But he didn’t get that far before the vehicle began sputtering and refusing to move from its parking space. His eyes squinted as he pressed harder on the gas, but nothing happened. He frowned as he released his shoe from the gas pedal, while a sigh left his frowning lips. He didn’t want to do it, and he couldn’t do it. Not less than five minutes ago, he hurt Ju Yong, and now, he was crawling back to him for help.

It all seemed pathetic, and the instructor felt his stomach knot up in panic. He pulled the guys from the car and dropped them in the cupholder. Everything was set, but he couldn’t bring himself to exit the car. His gaze landed on the house, and his lips curled into a thin line, like one of those expressionless emojis wink. He felt useless. His car skills and knowledge were garbage, and he had no sane reason to knock on the elder’s front door.

But he had to apologize and get his car moving.

He finally stepped out of his car after a few moments of setting out the pros and cons. They ruled in favor of don’t get his help, but he knew there was no other option. He was one-hundred percent screwed. The soothing droplets falling from the sky weren’t calming as they should be. They were anxiety-inducing. They were little drops of anxiousness shot down at him, reminding him of his awful mistake.

The cold rain hit his exposed skin, causing him to let out an irritated shiver. The male’s legs carried him up the steps to the door as he raised his fist before knocking on the door. It was the same hand that pressed against the horn and ruined his day. He lowered it and pulled his arms into a crossed position against his chest.

Inside his head, he was planning out all sorts of things to say. Perhaps start with an apology, and then work in how his car broke down, or maybe end with the apology. What would get Ju Yong to help with his car? Probably an apology last. If he apologized first then it would look like a ploy to get help. He swallowed the nervous lump in his throat as he waited at the door. He was a wreck; he didn’t know where to look, the window, the ground or maybe even turn around to look at his car -- Just somewhere other than the door. Makomin Makomin

Feeling: what he want?????

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]Ju-Yong had no idea what to feel upset over.

The older male looked down at his rather soaked top as his back leaned against the front door. Why is he always so mean, the sports equipment facilitator couldn't help but think to himself before frowning. He knew that that statement wasn't necessarily true, considering Bo-Kang was more of a grumpy, old man than a person who was indeed mean. He sighed before walking into his house.

A pile of neatly folded clothes were left on the couch. He noted his towel was there, assuming his mother had place his towel to wash when he went for work. Grabbing it, he wiped his face before draping it around his shoulder, ready to dry his hair slightly. At that second, a knock of his door sounded and his first thought was his old neighbour from just now.

He closed his eyes for a second, wondering what she was going to interrogate him on now. Ju-Yong made his way to the door before opening it, his words coming out of his mouth on reflex, "That was nothing, Ha-neul-sshi. Like I've said-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence as he was met by the sight of Bo-Kang wet from the rain. Lee Ju-Yong couldn't help but wonder whether he was about to get a piece of his mind, apologise or something else.

"U-Uhh, yes, Bo-Kang?" Was all he blurted out after awhile, unsure of how to approach this situation.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

Soon he was face to face with Ju Yong. He opened his mouth to explain, but nothing came out. For a moment, he felt like a fish unable to catch its breath. After a moment of being an inaudible mess, words finally left his lips. “My, uh,” He stopped himself from continuing after a sudden interjection of thought. He felt so much remorse for his actions, and he was itching to apologize. He had to remind himself that he couldn’t apologize right away or it’d look like a ploy. “My car,” He began again. “It broke down,” He explained as he twisted to point towards.

The whole situation was comical in a way. The insane driver, Ju Yong, wasn’t the one to have the car breakdown while driving it, but instead, the safe had it breakdown in his care. “I didn’t even get to leave my parking spot.” He let out an awkward chuckle. “Oh, I never made it clear why I’m even telling you this,” He muttered under his breath. “I really don’t know what I’m doing.”

The rain was seeping through the layers of his clothes, and the items of clothing were beginning to suction themselves to his skin. He was beginning to feel like a dog stuck outside, chained to some fence in the pouring rain. It wasn’t a very enjoyable situation, and he was highly uncomfortable. But, he could only assume all this was karma hitting him hard. “I think this is what I get for being an ass to you, huh?” He brought up.

He knew there was tension between them, and it would talk a lot for it to clear it. Stuff like this usually happened when they were younger, and they always ended making up the next day. But, of course, it was different. A whole seven years had passed, and they didn’t have the same close bond they once had. Making up wouldn’t be as easy as it once was or that’s what he thought.

"But, I was wondering if you could help me." Makomin Makomin

Feeling: does he know what an umbrella is???

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]If he were honest, the male would admit that he'd thought Bo-Kang was back to apologise for what had happened. But then again, he had to remind himself that the ice skating instructor apologised for ghosting him seven years ago just this afternoon.

As the raven-haired male explained himself, Ju-Yong couldn't help but look back at the male's car before glancing back at his attire that was drenched because of the rain. Did he not have an umbrella, Lee Ju-Yong thought to himself before looking back at him. He was still mad at the man but he knew that leaving him in the rain with his car that wouldn't start up would just be downright cruel.

"Uhh..." He replied as he looked behind him, towards the couch that had his freshly folded clothing. Ju-Yong figured it would be best if the male didn't catch a cold. It would also busy for him for a bit rather than making him stare at Ju-Yong inspecting what's wrong with the car. The brunet walked over to his pile of clothing, looking through what he could find before pulling out a red tracksuit. He handed it to the male before saying, "My room's down the hall, the first one on your left. I'll go check on your car."

Ju-Yong didn't say anything else. He didn't know what to, even more so at Bo Kang's response of treating him like an ass. He grabbed a transparent, plastic umbrella that was stood by the corner before making his way out with it, into the rain. He stopped midway before calling out, "Where's your car keys?"
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

Slipped into his arms was a red tracksuit, and his eyes instantly showed signs of being puzzled. He was about to question the other’s motives when the other pointed in the referred to his bedroom. “Oh…” He sounded softly as he glanced down at the ugly clothing. “Thank you.” It was quite generous of Ju Yong, and it made him mentally smile. He had forgotten how sweet the elder could be even when in his puppy rage.

“Uh… The keys are in the cupholder,” He explained. “The car is unlocked though.” Bo Kang wasn’t stupid enough to be one of those people who locked their keys in the car. He didn’t even know how that was humanly possible. After standing on the steps for a few moments, he finally entered the house. Incredible warmth hit his freezing cold skin, giving an almost burning sensation.

A sigh escaped him as he wiped his shoes against the map before gently slipping them off his feet. Thankfully, his socks weren’t completely soaked, and he was able to continue wearing them with no problem. “Down the hall, the first one on the left,” He muttered to himself as he walked towards his destination. He turned into it, slowly peaking his head into the room. As a young teenager, he always wondered what Ju-Yong roomed looked like. Was it plain like his or was it decorated with strange poster and little character figurines? So, seeing it now brought a sense of nostalgia.

Changing was absolutely horrible; the clothes clung to his skin due to the amount of rain filling up the fibers of the fabric. He let out a frustrated sigh as he tossed the clothes onto the ground, the fabric was wet, but also warm from body heat -- he hated that feeling. He bit his lip as he began putting on the clothes provided for him. It was an embarrassing outfit. Perhaps he should’ve rejected the clothes and made up some dumb excuse about not wanting to take his stuff.

But now he would have to suffer and look like a bum. It contrasted with usual neat and strict personality. Usually, he had high standards, and the outfit made him look like he had none. He knew he could only be grateful for Ju Yong.

He gasped as he looked at himself in the mirror. “I look like a fucking idiot,” He whispered as he turned to get another view. Who would see him? He had nothing to worry about, besides Ju-Yong. He chewed on the tip of his tongue, sliding it between his teeth as he furrowed his brows. “Okay, I can do this -- I can pull this off.” A complete lie, but he needed reassurance.

He left the bedroom and made his way back to the front door. He wasn’t going to step out into the rain unless Ju-Yong asked him, so he just watched the door.

He felt his heart fluttering and blooming a flower like it once did when he was a teenager. He thought he was going to die. Makomin Makomin

Feeling: how now brown cow

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]After a quick inspection, Lee Ju-Yong had come to a conclusion that not only did the ice skating instructor had to change his car's battery but that the latter had no idea how to maintain his car despite owning it. With the transparent umbrella propped up against the open hood of the car, the brunet sighed as he wondered how in the world the car survived up until now. The amount of brake fluid was half its supposed amount, the coolant reservoir was also, half empty and his battery was dead.

No wonder the brake in the car was so bad, he said to himself, thinking back to when he drove the car a few hours ago. Lee Ju-Yong was glad that he didn't wear a tracksuit to the academy today. If he did, it would have been stained. He took ahold of the umbrella's handle before making his way back to his house, a solution in mind. Moving closer to the house, a red figure stood at the door and the male almost forgot the reason as to why he was mad at Bo-Kang in the first place.

Clad in his red tracksuit, it was evident Bo-Kang looked more like a bum at home than an athlete of sorts. Ju-Yong bit his bottom lip in an attempt to hold in his laughter and for once, he succeeded. Or at least, he hoped the ice skating instructor didn't see him laugh. "The main problem is that your battery is dead. I can jump start your car but you'll need to change it as soon as possible." Ju-Yong said before making his way further into his house.

After a few minutes, he came back with his hands full, one with a portable jump starter alongside its accompanying wire clips while the other hand comprised of a small container of brake fluid and a bottle of water. "I'll need your help to hold onto the things to make sure they don't get wet." He said with a small grin before handing the jump starter to Bo Kang. With his now empty hand, he reached down to grab the umbrella before looking back at the male, "Ready?"
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

Bo Kang noticed Ju Yong laughing at him dressed in the horrific red tracksuit. He knew the picture of him clothed like that was quite comical, but it really bothered him. He bit his tongue though, no matter how much he wanted to scold the other. The taller stayed silent as he listened to the explanation of why the car had broken down. But, everything that he was saying, flew over the younger’s head. He didn’t know whether the confusion was visible or not, but he knew mentally, his brain was spinning in circles. “Okay…” He slowly muttered.

He eyed the supplies in Ju Yong’s hands as he walked out of the house. Unfortunately, he didn’t know what any of that was, and it caused his brows to knit together. Things were placed into his arms, and he felt himself internally panic. “Um, okay…” Another set of slow words left his lips as he inspected the things he was holding. Although, when the other male asked if he was ready, his gaze shot up from the items.

The instructor was never the ‘car’ type, in fact, he knew nothing about cars. He couldn’t even change a spare tire for his life. He always wondered whether it was because his dad was so busy, to the point where he didn’t have enough time to teach him. So, as Ju Yong spoke and tried to instruct him to do anything, his mind fell blank. “Oh no,” He thought to himself as he stared at the elder, completely clueless. This was more embarrassing than the outfit adorning his body.

He just got bubbling romantic feelings for him, and he already wanted to run away. To avoided any eye contact, he quickly looked to the engine, or what he assumed was the engine.

“Wait, what am I doing again?” He asked, trying to play it off like he wasn’t paying attention. Mentally, he cringed at his own words. Normally, he was quite an attentive person, so he felt he was lying through his teeth. Why would he just confess that he had no clue what he was doing? Pride, he supposed. He felt it took away from his masculinity or made him look like some rich snob, who never learned important life skills. Makomin Makomin

Feeling: car-seonsaeng-nim, gwenchanayo?

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]It was all rather nostalgic in a way. The first time in a long time where the two of them were almost in silence as they worked out what each of them needed to do. Of course, it was different now, seven years later as Lee Ju-Yong helped in becoming a mechanic for him rather than his distant teenage dream of ice skating.

It was also rather obvious that Bo-Kang had no idea what in the world the brunet was talking about. However, rather than saying anything about it, Ju-Yong decided that feigning ignorance was better. After all, the male must have felt ridiculous embarrassed being clad in a tracksuit. "I'm going to sort of revive the car, I guess. Though, you have to remember to change the battery after you leave." He commented as he begin to fill brake fluid up to the designated level before filling the coolant reservoir with water too.

After a few minutes of more silence as he concentrated, he set the almost empty bottle of water and brake fluid container onto the floor before taking ahold of the jump starter from Bo-Kang before connecting the clips to their respective terminals. He furrowed his eyebrows for a bit before making his way to the driver's seat, leaving the umbrella with Bo-Kang as to not allow him to get wet before turning the ignition on.

The car rumbled for a bit, seemingly stubborn to start up before it eventually started up. "Yes!" Lee Ju-Yong grinned widely before checking the meters, ensuring everything else was okay. He then came out of the car, in the rain before rushing to Bo-Kang's side under the umbrella.

"I know, I know. I'm a life saver." He jested with his signature toothy grin.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

Bo Kang paid close attention to Ju Yong’s movements as he repaired the car. He thought that if he’d memorize each movement, he’d understand what he was doing, and maybe learn how to fix his vehicle. But the longer he stared, the longer he found himself blanking out and becoming discouraged. He harshly bit his lip, not enough to draw blood, but enough to punish himself for not paying close enough attention.

Due to excessive training as a child, he had a habit of inflicting self-punishment. Usually, it was done when he couldn’t correctly do a figure skating trick. But as he grew older, he found himself using it for the most mundane things. He could accidentally trip, and he would instantly move his jaw to harshly bite his bottom lip. A few times he accidentally made himself bleed. It was a habit he needed to drop, but it was difficult to do so because he didn’t even think before he did it.

“Yeah, I’ll stop by a repair shop on my way home,” He explained as his gaze flickered from the hood to Ju Yong. Silence followed as the male before he focused on reviving the dead car. The instructor’s eyes followed the male’s hands as he connected the clips. It would’ve been interesting if he understood want he was viewing and if he wasn’t distracting himself with self-inflicted pain.

He listened to the car stutter, hoping the car would make a successful noise. A grin spread across his face as he watched Ju Yong react to his success. He felt bad for not doing anything in return for him. He owed the other so much already. How would he pay him back? How many meals would he have to treat him to?

A soft chuckle escaped him as Ju Yong boasted about himself. He hummed for a few moments, considering saying something sarcastic, but felt the other deserved more. “You know, you really are,” He grinned. “I probably would’ve drowned if you didn’t repair my car,” He joked lightly. He took a moment to pause, wondering how he’d work the “repaying meals” subtly into the conversation. “I’ll have to take you out for a meal sometime.” He was silent for a second before realizing it sounded like he was asking the male out. As much as he wanted to, he felt it came off as rather desperate. “To pay you back he added.”

It was coming up, the apology.

“Hey, before we part ways,” He began, his voice becoming serious and sincere. “I just wanted to apologize for what happened earlier. I didn’t really mean it -- and I was the one who hit the wheel and scared you.” Makomin Makomin

[class=name] font-size: 36px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 4px; color: #a1ff8e; opacity: 0.7; width: 280px; margin:auto; margin-left:-10px; margin-top:-20px; text-shadow: 2px 0 0 #7c9d80; [/class] [class name=picbox] margin:auto; margin-top:20px; background: #e6c3a7 url('https://data.whicdn.com/images/316748343/original.gif') no-repeat center center; background-size:200px; width: 200px; height: 200px; border-radius: 250px; border: 3px solid #e6c3a7; transition-duration: 1s; [/class] [class name=picbox state=hover] border-radius:20px; [/class] [class=locbox] transition-delay:.2s; background: grey; Height: 180px; text-align:center; Width: 180px; border: 1px solid black; margin-top:40px; margin:auto; padding-top:10px; color: Ivory; transition-duration: 1s; opacity:0; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; border-radius:20px; [/class] [class name=locbox state=hover] opacity:0.8; [/class] [class=hidescrollcontent] background: grey url('https://i1.wp.com/nappyplum.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/pastel-yellow-color-wallpaper-3.gif') repeat; margin-top: -30px; height:400px; width:250px; Font-size:11px; overflow-x:hidden; margin:auto; padding: 25px; border-radius:20px; border-left: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-bottom: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-top: 3px solid #7c9d80; border-right: 3px solid #7c9d80; [/class] [class=contentbox] height:385px; width:257px; padding: 5px; color:#9e8b66; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; Font-size:11px; overflow-y:scroll; text-align:justify; [/class]

Feeling: aaAAAAAAAAAAAhHhhhhhhHH heart, STOP.

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]As like in their teenage years, the brunet was expecting to receive a sarcastic reply back to his usual self-boasting proclamations. But he received none. In fact, Ju-Yong was rather surprised at the fact that Bo-Kang actually agreed with him. It wasn't that bad that the other male was the type of person who never gave credit when it was due, it was just...rare especially with someone like Ju-Yong who was similar to a child trapped in a grown man's body.

It was rather disappointing to part ways like this especially since Bo-Kang wasn't dressed to his comfort and Ju-Yong's attire and arms were slightly coated with engine oil. He wasn't the tidiest of people, after all, even if he knew what he was doing. He was about to bid farewell but the other male suggested taking him out.

Lee Ju-Yong could feel the heat rise in his cheeks as he looked directly at the male. It didn't help that they were closer in proximity because of the umbrella and the rain. It all seemed to cliche-like, like in a television series. He hoped that his fair skin didn't give too much of his now embarrassed state at the innocent sentence. He cough, slightly choking on air as he replied, "Y-Yeah, I'd like to be taken out."

Realising what he said, Ju-Yong wanted to kick himself. Not only did it sound like he was glad to be taken out on a probably-not-suggested date but also, murdered. He had to tell his own heart to just quiet down for these few minutes. "I-I mean like a dinner. Like you know, the meal thing and not like that way," he fumbled around his words like a lost puppy, tripping over a few items as he continued, "-not that that's bad and I don't mean like killed."

He decided to keep quiet, figuring that his explanation would cause more confusion than aid in remedying it. He was also surprised at the abrupt apology by Bo-Kang. He knew that the other male was the type to let anxiety to eat away at him before outright apologising but what caught him more off guard was admitting to scaring him with the car horn. "Why didn't you just wake me up?" Ju-Yong asked, trying to wrap his head around why the ice skating instructor would do such a thing.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

Bo Kang stared at Ju Yong as he fumbled over his words. The mention of murder caused him to tilt his head and let out a soft chuckle. “I didn’t even think you meant that.” He paused for a few moments. “You’re still as weird as you were years ago. Talking about being murdered and stuff,” He acknowledged teasingly, yet keeping his eyes critical. “Lee Ju-Yong, you’re still as strange as ever.”

The question that came from Ju Yong’s lips caused the other male to freeze. Mentally, he cursed himself for not thinking of an explanation prior. “Well, you see,” He began, the words getting caught in his throat. “Um...” He frowned. How would he explain that he couldn’t properly wake his past friend up? He felt himself slightly panic and it didn’t help that they were standing so close under the same umbrella.

“Alright, you looked really peaceful and I didn’t want to wake you,” He began as he swallowed dryly. “So, I panicked and hit the horn,” He admitted, his voice full embarrassment and shame while his face reddened four shades too deep. Scratching the back of his neck, he glanced up from the handle of the umbrella to Ju Yong, trying to get a peek of the other’s reaction. The pitter-patter of the raindrops was having a hard time calming the instructor in a state of dread. “I’m really sorry,” He reminded as he nervously picked at his fingers. “I can act really dumb sometimes.”

Usual he was so practical with things like this. He always considered every outcome and every reaction. But, the elder made him forget everything. He made him panicked and flustered. Perhaps it was another reason he suddenly ghosted, knots would form in his chest, and his eyes would dart around. He knew that was what a crush felt like, but it was always a foreign feeling. He liked all his past lovers, but he never felt that way with them. But, deep down, he was yearning for that same exciting feeling. Makomin Makomin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back