• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern sk8r boys

Makomin

Sleeping
A roleplay by pasta and Makomin.
[class=name] font-size: 36px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 4px; color: #a1ff8e; opacity: 0.7; width: 280px; margin:auto; margin-left:-10px; margin-top:-20px; text-shadow: 2px 0 0 #7c9d80; [/class] [class name=picbox] margin:auto; margin-top:20px; background: #e6c3a7 url('https://t1.daumcdn.net/cfile/tistory/996130445AE06FDB1C') no-repeat center center; background-size:200px; width: 200px; height: 200px; border-radius: 250px; border: 3px solid #e6c3a7; transition-duration: 1s; [/class] [class name=picbox state=hover] border-radius:20px; [/class] [class=locbox] transition-delay:.2s; background: grey; Height: 180px; text-align:center; Width: 180px; border: 1px solid black; margin-top:40px; margin:auto; padding-top:10px; color: Ivory; transition-duration: 1s; opacity:0; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; border-radius:20px; [/class] [class name=locbox state=hover] opacity:0.8; [/class] [class=hidescrollcontent] background: grey url('https://i1.wp.com/nappyplum.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/pastel-yellow-color-wallpaper-3.gif') repeat; margin-top: -30px; height:400px; width:250px; Font-size:11px; overflow-x:hidden; margin:auto; padding: 25px; border-radius:20px; border-left: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-bottom: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-top: 3px solid #7c9d80; border-right: 3px solid #7c9d80; [/class] [class=contentbox] height:385px; width:257px; padding: 5px; color:#9e8b66; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; Font-size:11px; overflow-y:scroll; text-align:justify; [/class]
[div class=picbox][div class=locbox]

Feeling: very wowe
[/div][div class=name]Lee Ju-Yong [/div]

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]
It was common for people to doubt their current situation in life. Everyone, at some point asked themselves the question of whether they were right where they actually belonged. Though some might admit they weren't in a place they would and/or should be in, many depicted pessimism by pushing aside the thought of starting anew.

A brunet was currently staring at a figure that he was used to seeing on the ice rink lecture a few students. Usually, Ju Yong found himself mesmerised by the movements of the part-time ice skating instructor but today, he found himself questioning his own fate of sorts.

He wondered whether things might have been different if only by changes only the future could predict. Maybe if he wasn't on love with skating, maybe if he had entered a different unibersity in the past. All these questions floated in his head and his concentration on the male on the ice rink was slowly deteriorating.

That was until he noticed the ice skating instructor make his way from the side of the rink to the centre, demonstrating what his students could have better their techniques on.
[/div][/div]
coded by the amazing woebegone

Sin. Bo. Kang
i feel like i'm losing control. maybe i should let myself go because this is so predictable

Skating had always been the highlight of Bo Kang’s life. He spent almost the entirety of it on ice. As a child, it was a case of a parent living their failed dreams through their offspring. His mother could never become the skating champion she wanted to be, but her son could. The sport shaped him into a competitive, and disciplined person, his mood depended on whether he won first place or not. It was miserable, but he was addicted. He never got to live out his teen years to their full potential; with skating, school, and church, he had no free time.

Perhaps that’s why he became an instructor after the accident. Children’s brains were so malleable and he didn’t want them to fall victim to skating as he did. He wanted them to have and to enjoy themselves. When he saw parents who were obsessed with living vicariously through their children, he couldn’t help but laugh; they were slowly destroying their children's’ lives.

Usually, he was very gloomy, but around students, he sat upright instead of slouching and smiled instead of frowning. He didn’t want negative experiences to shape these kids. He knew first hand what terrible occurrences could do. His skating coach was far from the nicest guy on the planet. Occasionally he’d have an adult or two purchase lessons, but it was quite rare. Lately, he had been providing lessons for a certain school.

So, he watched the students with a keen eye as they attempted to do a basic two-foot spin. It was a very simple move, but they were failing miserably. One child had fallen, and another didn’t know how to use her arms for momentum. He wasn’t mad at all, in fact, it was incredibly calm. “Ah, let me show you one more time.” He smiled as he pushed himself from the wall and glided to the center of the rink. “You guys are making it a bigger deal than it actually is. I promise, when you get the hang of it, you won’t even have to think about it.”

He pushed himself off and pulled his arms together for a successful spin. “You have to pull your foot back in after pushed off, and then bring your arms together against your chest,” He instructed. The children followed his actions, some not so graceful, others perfect. It was a start. “Good job. You guys just need a little bit more practice.” He paused. “Let’s do another round.”

“Sung Jae, you’re pulling your foot in a little too late,” The instructor explained. He skated back to the sidelines to watch them practice. “1, 2, 3, spin!” The children were finally getting a hang of the two-foot spin, and it brought light to the teacher’s eyes.

He listened behind him as the mothers who decided to stay and watch, squealed as their child did a simple spin. One of the gloated about how their child would be an Olympic skater. He scoffed under his breath, which caused one of the woman to turn her attention to him. “I’ve seen your skating competition videos, they were wonderful,” She complimented.

“They're from years ago,” He reminded. “I can’t do stuff like that anymore.” He left the group of mother’s to skate back to their little ones. He had to get away from them, single mothers made him highly uncomfortable. “Alright, everyone, do you think you’ve gotten the hang of the spin?” The children nodded and screeched in agreement. “Okay, Thursday, we’ll work on the one-foot spin.” He dismissed the children from the rink as their class was ending a few minutes.

And soon it was just him on the ice. Makomin Makomin

Last edited:
[class=name] font-size: 36px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 4px; color: #a1ff8e; opacity: 0.7; width: 280px; margin:auto; margin-left:-10px; margin-top:-20px; text-shadow: 2px 0 0 #7c9d80; [/class] [class name=picbox] margin:auto; margin-top:20px; background: #e6c3a7 url('https://t1.daumcdn.net/cfile/tistory/996130445AE06FDB1C') no-repeat center center; background-size:200px; width: 200px; height: 200px; border-radius: 250px; border: 3px solid #e6c3a7; transition-duration: 1s; [/class] [class name=picbox state=hover] border-radius:20px; [/class] [class=locbox] transition-delay:.2s; background: grey; Height: 180px; text-align:center; Width: 180px; border: 1px solid black; margin-top:40px; margin:auto; padding-top:10px; color: Ivory; transition-duration: 1s; opacity:0; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; border-radius:20px; [/class] [class name=locbox state=hover] opacity:0.8; [/class] [class=hidescrollcontent] background: grey url('https://i1.wp.com/nappyplum.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/pastel-yellow-color-wallpaper-3.gif') repeat; margin-top: -30px; height:400px; width:250px; Font-size:11px; overflow-x:hidden; margin:auto; padding: 25px; border-radius:20px; border-left: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-bottom: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-top: 3px solid #7c9d80; border-right: 3px solid #7c9d80; [/class] [class=contentbox] height:385px; width:257px; padding: 5px; color:#9e8b66; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; Font-size:11px; overflow-y:scroll; text-align:justify; [/class]

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]The sports and equipment facilitator couldn't help but notice the change in the instructor. They've never really interacted that much, maybe a few times when Ju Yong had to remind the male to leave before locking up the ice rink but other than that, they were virtually strangers. However, Lee Ju Yong still found himself captivated by how the male skated on the ice.

He wondered whether the ice skating instructor had ever competed in the rink before as he did. He highly thought so of it, considering his techniques were definitely more brushed up and flawless compared to Ju-Yong's more freestyle ones now. There was also a sense of nostalgia in the way the instructor skated.

Seeing as the other students and parents have left, leaving only the ice skating instructor, the brunet found himself walking towards the rink before resting his arms on the divider that separated the ice rink and the pathway for walking.

"Have you been skating for long, sir?" He asked, out of curiosity. It was odd that he was addressing a man similar to his age as 'sir' but he figured it was better than informally talking to him.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang
i feel like i'm losing control. maybe i should let myself go because this is so predictable

Bo Kang’s smile fell from his face as soon as the last student left the ice rink building. He let out a sigh as he leaned against the divider, his back and elbows propped him up. The faux happiness disappeared, and he was back to his gloomy self. In a way, it was relieving. Trying to keep up a positive and bright act was really tiring. But, he’d have to do it again that day because, in an hour, he had another class.

His second class of the day was full of more advanced students. He preferred the younger children because they were actually easier to teach. It was like teaching a new language, you want to start young. Figure skating was like a language, an art form. It required patience, and it was better to develop that as a child.

The ice rink became silent besides the faint breathing of the instructor. Someone broke the silence, someone he forgot about altogether. Bo Kang never really acknowledged him. All he knew was he worked at the school, dealt with the athletic stuff, and he occasionally watched him teach a few skating lessons. He just looked like some kid. He craned his neck to look at the person addressing him as sir. The question was about skating. He wasn’t shocked, he actually expected it. What else was there to ask about?

“Yeah, I started before I even hit double digits,” He recalled. “I even did competitions.” Sometimes he missed those days; they were a lot simpler, he didn’t know what he was getting himself into.

He became silent, unsure of what to say next. But, he remembered a question he had. This kid looked a little too young to be working at a school, so how old was he? He couldn’t be over 19, right? It just seemed odd of him to be working there. “This question is a little strange,” He brought up. “But, uh, how old are you?” Makomin Makomin

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]The air was undoubtedly awkward, especially since the male he was interacting with never really interacted with anyone. Or at least, he has never seen him interact with anyone besides students, parents and maybe a teacher or two. Ju Yong nodded at the male’s response, wondering whether he should mention anything about himself having skated before too, in competitions.

However, the brunet held his tongue. He didn’t want to seem like a show-off in front of someone who could very well be a national champion in the past. Lee Ju Yong made a mental note of finding out more of his background in the future. A simple Internet search could do if he participated in many competitions. He couldn’t be that old either. Maybe we even competed together, the sports and equipment facilitator told himself, not aware that fate had an ironic plan in motion.

At the mention of his age, the brunet couldn’t help but sigh aloud before giving a small chuckle. Of course, he thought to himself. If ice skating was a thing for the ice skating instructor to talk about, his age was a main conversation starter for most to Ju Yong.

I just turned 26 years old,” he replied witha little grin as he stared up at the dome that was the roof of the building, peering at the slightly blocked-out sun before adding, “Almost everyone assumes I’m a teenager. It’s rather funny because I looked like a child when I was a teenager.

He then turned his head to face the male before asking, “What about you? How old are you, Mr....” He ended the sentence with a tone that seemed to be asking for his name.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

Bo Kang’s mouth fell agape as the male told him his age. How was he older than him? It was hard for him to believe, and he fell hard to skepticism. “You’re older than me?” He expressed his shock before awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. It felt weird suddenly having to use formal speech for someone that looked ten years younger than they actually were. He wanted to avoid that as much as humanly possible. “Yeah, you kind of do look really young for your age. I actually had a friend like that when I was younger.” He paused. "Ah, I don't even know if I can trust you."

That friend was one of many friends he ghosted after his professional skating days ended. He never even tried to contact them after years had passed. A part of him regretted never making any advancements to speak to them. But, he couldn’t, the moment of the accident was so humiliating. Being carried away by his coach was even worse because he knew he disappointed so many people. Deep down, he knew it was wrong and selfish, but he couldn't go back now. The damage was already done, and he doubted they'd accept him back.

Their worried eyes burned into him as he struggled to get up from the cold ice. He was vulnerable and he hated it. The shocked sounds of the crowd went straight through his heart. He felt like he was a butterfly whose wings had been ripped off.

He glanced up from the ice as soon as a name was trying to be tugged out of him. “I’m Sin Bo Kang,” He introduced himself. Saying his own name felt so foreign. Sometimes he forgot who he was, and it was a reality check when he did remember. For some reason, he always felt like he was someone else or just disconnected from his body. “I’m, uh, twenty-five and you’re?” He couldn’t put a finger on it, but the male looked oddly familiar. Perhaps he knew him from school; one of the schools from before he went to any special academy. Makomin Makomin

Last edited:

Feeling: shOOK

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]Call it Mandela's effect but the male's reaction to the revelation of his age seemed like a small case of deja-vu for him. But then again, he told himself that almost everyone he came across had a similar reaction. However, he couldn't shake off the feeling that the ice skating instructor's blatantly open reaction was something he had seen before.

Lee Ju Yong merely stuffed his hands into the academy jacket he had on before shrugging, "You can ask around if you don't believe me. But then again, you don't seem like the type to ask around unless it's important." He then grinned slightly, trying not to chuckle as he was reminded of someone that was from his past. It was odd, the man next to him resembled the boy he had met when he too, was nothing but a foolish boy who ice skated merely for fun.

At the mention of a friend he used to have, the brunet couldn't help but question whether everyone had a friend or two that they had let go of or slip past. He looked back down at his watch before noting that he had about half an hour before he had to settle the borrowing of equipment with the football coach. He swore that one day, Ju-Yong would snap his own arms off and hit the overly-commanding man.

He was about to excuse himself for a bit when the mention of a name froze him in his track. It can't be him, the male told himself as he slowly glanced back at the ice skating instructor. At this point, it would have seemed as though Ju Yong was literally staring at the male. After awhile of contemplation, he replied slowly, as though being cautious as to gauge the other male's reaction, "I'm Ju Yong. Lee Ju Yong."

Ju Yong smiled brightly at a male that was standing opposite him. Though his wide smile wasn't reciprocated, he could tell that the male in front of him was happy too.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

The man was shocking him more and more by the second. It was his old friend, well, he assumed so, they shared the same name and face. He felt his eyes widen and his breath silently hitch. He quickly tried to mask his emotions with a forced smile. “Ah, Lee Ju Yong, a pleasure to meet you.” He had to bite his tongue; he wanted to force himself to apologize for throwing their friendship into an incinerator. It had been well over seven years since the pair last spoke.

Suddenly the skater felt an immense amount of guilt. He felt he couldn’t even properly look at Ju Yong. He cursed himself for being so obvious. He held his hands together tightly and felt them beginning to become clammy. It felt like karma was finally catching up to him to haunt him with his past.

Usually, you’d be happy to see an old friend, maybe even ecstatic. But, Bo Kang was horrified; they had something a little more than friendship, and he left with no word. He could only imagine how terrible he made the elder feel. He knew what he did was wrong, and he knew Ju Yong knew it was wrong too. Yes, they were quite young, but that didn’t make up for the damage he caused.

The silence felt deadly; he swore he could hear the ice going through the process of sublimation. He gently scraped his right skate against the ice to make some type of noise. His brain rushed around as he tried to come up with something to say. ”Just something that will end this torture.”

“So, do you like skating?” He asked. Bo Kang knew the answer all too well; the other male was always more light-hearted about skating. He was never too keen on seeing it as competitive. As a teenager, Bo Kang found that mentality laughable. He had opposite views; for him, skating was all about being number one. He definitely didn’t appreciate it as much as his old friend. Makomin Makomin

Last edited:

Feeling: shOOK

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]Words weren’t enough to describe, or do the thoughts in Ju-Yong’s head any justice. Snippets of flashbacks begin to flood his brain like a cliche movie scene and all the male could do was try to keep his emotions in check. He felt many things at first— worry, confusion, anger, happiness but sadness. Being the man that he was, Lee Ju-Yong knew that he was more cheerful and exuded more childish energy than any other adult he knew. As such, the constant ‘why’s that hanuted hi up until now were all gone within a few seconds after the revelation of Sin Bo-Kang.

However, it seemed his joy was not reciprocated at the slightest bit. It had been seven years since they’ve last seen each other, talked to each other, understood each other like no one else did but now, there was an invisible veil created between them by none other than Bo-Kang himself.

His overwhelming amount of emotion was reduced into one: sadness.

The brunet hid it though. After the first few years of pained memories, Ju-Yong knew what it was like to be completely forgetten by someone he cared. He wondered whether Bo-Kang himself didn’t take their exchange as intimate. He wondered whether it was just a tale, created by his nineteen year old self.

After a short pause, Ju-Yong gave a small but obviously not sincere chuckle to clear the air before shrugging, “I guess you can say that. I see that you’ve loved it even until now.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

It was like a painful itch that wouldn’t disappear. It was climbing out of his throat, and he couldn’t focus on what he was being said to him. “I fucking hated skating,” He admitted rather bluntly. “I never liked it as you did.” He outed himself bitterly. He couldn’t hide behind a mask and pretend like he forgot Ju Yong. It was one way to let the cat out of the bag. "I mean, it's nice now..."

He felt far more free as an instructor. Nothing was pushing him to be the best of the best. Everyday day of work was like the days as an adolescent where he got to be on the ice away from his coach. It was more expressive. He recalled listening to a radio show speak of a new study, people work harder when there aren’t any rewards. Something of that sort, creative juices flow easier. He liked to think that’s what is happening to him.

He had to apologize to Ju Yong. The further he stared at the male, the more and more guilty he felt. It was like a plague he’d never recover from. The instructor couldn’t help but ask himself, why seven years later? Why now? He could just tell the other knew it was him.

“Ju Yong,” He spoke, his voice taking on a tone that he only used when being sincere. His usual straight posture worn as he finally allowed his eyes to meet his old friend’s. “I,” He sighed, the words were caught in his throat, and for a moment, he got cold feet. “I’m sorry,” He said clearly. “It’s my fault, isn’t it?” Hell, he knew it was. He didn’t even need Ju Yong to confirm it. He wanted to explain his reasoning for why he ghosted, but it seemed so stupid and selfish when he thought about it. “I should have never done that to you -- any of you.” He lost valuable people all because his pride was damaged. Makomin Makomin

Feeling: oh lord oh lordy LORD

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]It surprised him. He was expecting their conversation to slowly die down or rather, have someone interrupt them (like in film) and save them from their misery. Or more specifically, Ju-Yong's misery of the fantasy he made out of his own memory. He wasn't expecting for the male to blatantly curse aloud that he hated skating. It almost showed on his face that he was surprised. He had forgotten how much of a potty-mouth the male was. He still remembered the culture shock he received when Bo-Kang cursed like a radio announcer when they were younger.

At the mention of him liking skating, the male froze in place, unsure of how to react. He opened his mouth but no words came and all he could do was wait for the male to continue with his monologue. He was definitely not expecting the ice skating instructor to apologise for his past actions that had rendered the male not interested in his own love life as much anymore.

Lee Ju-Yong was so taken aback that the silence that had accompanied them after So-Bong's apology was broken by a single hiccup.

Once again, the sound of a hiccup resonated throughout the ice skating rink and being the man he was, the brunet covered his mouth in an attempt to mute his hiccup but said, "I-I'm sorry, give me a-" At that, another hiccup came out from his mouth. He raised his hand up, signalling him to wait as he made his way towards the benches where he had a bottle of water on it.

He made his way towards it but tripped on the way, making him fall flat on his face. After a moment of him lying on the floor, he slowly used his hands to sit up before saying, cheeks pink with embarrassment, "Thank you, So-Bong. I...I never thought we'd meet again, let alone talk about it."
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

Hiccups bounced off the silent ice rink walls, creating echoes. Bo Kang blinked as he watched Ju Young stumble around. He wasn’t expecting that sort of reaction; he was expecting the other male to get irritated with him. ”That wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be…” For years he had been fearing moment where he would meet his old friend again. He feared the confrontation. But the little goofy moment between them lifted the worries off his shoulders.

His eyes widened as he watched the elder trip over his own feet. “Aish, are you ok?” He asked as he cautiously stepped out of the ice rink. “I don’t remember you being so clumsy.” A sigh escaped him as he stared down at Ju Yong. Honestly, he thought the other was acting like an old, drunk man after a night at the bar. Were his words really that much of a shock?

But what if it was a bad shock? What if Ju Yong would get up and yell at him? Perhaps he deserved it, but he still didn’t want to hear it. As he watched the other sit up, he braced himself for the worst.

The worst didn’t happen, no, the best possible outcome happened instead. One word alarmed him though, it. What the hell did he mean by that? Did it have to do with their interest in each other or was it referring to his ghosting? He swore he moved on from their little, teenage “romantic” relationship. It was so childish. He even had serious relationships after that, it didn’t leave him romantically crippled. However, it did create high standards for the skater that not many people lovers could successfully meet.

“Yeah…” He trailed off, practically forcing the air to thicken with tension. “I, um --” He paused for a few moments. “Why the fuck do you work here?” He questioned rather bluntly. “No, forget the way I worded that.” He backtracked his statement before letting himself fall against one of the benches. “I just mean, why not do something with skating? You were quite good, weren’t you?”

”Not as good as me.” Is what he wished he could’ve added -- as a joke, of course. It wasn’t the same speaking to him; it didn’t feel natural at all. Instead, it felt foreign, awkward and like he was walking on eggshells with steel-toed boots. Time made it like that. He couldn’t crack some vulgar joke or run his dirty mouth. He had to cover up that part of him. Makomin Makomin

Last edited:

Feeling: oh lord oh lordy LORD

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]Lee Ju-Yong continued sitting on the floor. He had no idea what to do with himself. The first thing the brunet did when his ex-love interest confronted the issue and apologise, he made a big fool out of himself. His mind was filled with answers that he could give to ease the awkwardness that was settling as fast as the condensation of the ice was. That was until Bo-Kang made his way over to him by the benches, obviously concerned at the male.

At his question, the sports and equipment facilitator couldn't help but give him his signature laugh. Something he hadn't lost after all these years. "I'm fine. Even until now, it throws me off that you look like the scariest man on earth but you get worried about others." At his reply, a memory of Ju-Yong tripping on ice once resurfaced and the same question was asked by the other male, alongside the same fed-up tone.

Coming back to his senses, he was yet again taken aback by the male's question that came out as angry. However, his confused look turned into a soft smile. A soft but almost sad smile.

"Oh, you know. Trying out new things, I guess?" That was an obvious lie. Though it was true that Lee Ju-Yong loved exploring new things (to many's disappointment), the one thing he knew he loved was ice skating. He loved it so much that he once even boycotted going for ice skating classes when his coach had told him that he had to join a competition or else, he wouldn't be allowed to skate for a week.

Standing up, he took a seat on the bench next to Sin Bo Kang before staring out at the ice skating rink with wistful eyes, "I was alright. But no matter how much I loved ice skating or how much you hated it when we were younger, you were always the best at it." He then glanced back at the male with the same small smile.

At that moment, a bell rang, signalling the end of a class period.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

Bo Kang stared at the ice rink for a few moments before glancing over at his old friend. A warm chuckle left him as Ju Yong spoke. It all felt quite nostalgic like it was a conversation they would have when they were younger. “Maybe that’s true,” He sighed. “But, at least you had a good time, right? Better than being miserable.” He opened his mouth to say something, but the bell rung before any words could past his lips. It rendered him disappointed. He was having somewhat of a good time, so why did it have to end so soon?

“I suppose that’s your cue to go?” He said, his voice inflicting as he was unsure. “Besides, I have a class to teach,” He noted as he carefully stood up, making sure to balance on the thin blade of his skates. The class that was about to come into the rink was much older than the first group. The first class was for children five and under. Their parents would take them to the school for an hour or so before going back home. But, the second class of the day was always filled with students from the academy; the class was apart of their school day schedule.

The instructor found it a lot more difficult to speak to teenagers than children. He was never comfortable with scolding them for misbehaving. Perhaps it was because he couldn’t relate or connect to them. None of them were like him when he was younger. He never had a rebellious streak in him, and ate, sleep and drink skating.

He glanced towards the door connecting the ice rink to the school. Students were already peaking through the entry’s window. He could hear soft mumbling as the students spoke to each other. “The door’s open,” He spoke up to get their attention. Soon the fifteen or so students shuffled in.

Bo Kang was considering asking if the elder wanted to go out for coffee, just to reminisce about the old days, of course. He cleared his throat before turning his attention towards Ju Yong. “So,” He began. “After work and everything, do you want to get coffee or something?” He asked, quietening his voice halfway through because he knew a few students were listening in. Makomin Makomin

Feeling: jesus take the WHEEL

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]As soon as he heard the chuckle leave Bo-Kang's lips, Ju-Yong couldn't help but smile wider. It has been a long time since he was able to reminisce about his younger days alongside ice skating in a more humourous and positive tone. He had so much more to ask the other male when the bell rang, signalling the time for catching up and sharing to be halted. For now, at the very least.

"I have to meet the football coach now." He said as optimistic as he could but it was obvious that the meeting was something he didn't look forward to. It was a well-known fact that the football coach of the academy was a tyrant and a rather loud individual. It didn't help that he had taken a liking to tease Lee Ju-Yong's baby face. Sighing, the brunet took another sip of water from the plastic bottle of chilled water before the shuffling of footsteps could be heard, entering the ice skating rink.

The footsteps were accompanied by laughter and chatter that slowly simmered down as the students approached the ice skating instructor. It was a sight to behold, his old...[I[friend[/i] having such an impact on them. It was the opposite for them and as though on cue, a few males students crowded Ju-Yong like old buddies as they asked when was he free, like another peer of theirs.

"Get off, would y'all? I'm literally a decade older than you guys." Ju-Yong tousled with them before nudging at them to go back to their ice skating instructor. However, he was caught even more off guard when Bo-Kang had asked whether they would like to get some coffee.

He was screaming on the inside to get a hold of himself and to take it as nothing big. The brunet then casually nodded before saying, "Yeah, sure. Let's meet up here later, okay?"

The students who were listening in blinked at each other. They've never heard of their ice skating instructor even talk to anyone casually, let alone invite someone to go out for coffee with.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

Bo Kang was beginning to become impatient while waiting. He sat against one of the ice rink benches, plucking away any loose strings from his sweater. He was destroying the navy sweater that hung on him. He was pulling out the yarn and stitches that made it due to a mixture of pure boredom and anxiety. Would Ju Yong stand him up? To be fair class ended merely five minutes before his worry session began. His old friend could be anywhere in the massive school. All his students already left for the day so it was just him residing in the dome. The only positive thing about that was the sweet silence surrounding him.

Ring ring! After a good minute or two of doing absolutely nothing besides pulling apart his clothing, he reached into his skating bag to pull out his phone. It was somewhere between his first aid kit and extra sweatshirt. He pulled it from the black duffel bag before checking the caller ID. His roommate? Confused as he was, he slid the call button and pulled the phone up to his ear.

“What?” The blunt and indifferent answer would usually be seen as quite rude, but his roommate knew all too well that it was just his personality.

”Can you tell that damn punk to stop showing up to our apartment? He just knocked on the door, and when I told him you weren’t there, he tried to force his way in. Clingy, bastard.”

Well, the instructor wasn’t expecting such a heated conversation starter, and he involuntarily frowned for many reasons. “I did,” He answered, his voice had a tone of defeat. “I said we needed to take a break--”

”Dude,” The voice on the other line interjected. ”You should’ve said ‘it’s over.’ I literally thought you guys were still together because of how annoying he is.” He paused for a brief moment. ”Please end it before I lose my mind.” The last part was supposed to be a joke, but it seemed to be underlined with a little bit of truth.

Bo Kang sighed as he scratched a painful hangnail. “Yeah yeah, I’ll deal with it. Later though, I have stuff to do now.” Okay, so perhaps he wasn’t love crippled, but he sure did suck at it especially the breakup part. “Alright, I’ll see you when I get home.” He licked his lips before ending the call.

The male’s shoulders deflated as he let his hands drop to his lap. Dating really sucked. So, he made up his mind, this coffee thing with Ju Yong was purely platonic. Makomin Makomin

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]The brunet sighed loudly as he placed the last of the stacked cones on the floor before wiping the sweat that has already formed on his forehead off. "That's the way, boy o'!" A loud and gruff laugh could be heard from behind Ju-Yong and the owner of said laughter smacked the younger male on the back with more pressure than anything in the world.

Lee Ju-Yong winced in pain before standing up straight, facing the football coach before saying, "You know, you can just laugh, you don't need to hit me."

The football coach laughed once again before replying, "Where's the fun in that, my boy? You are a man but like a boy. Cheer up, would ya'?"

The sports and equipment facilitator sighed before making his way out of the locker room. The older football coach was going to hold a boot camp for his athletes later this month and he needed more equipment to prepare for it. Lee Ju-Yong didn't mind moving them, he only wished the other male was a bit more grateful. "I'm going, coach. Let me know when you want to return them." He said before giving a small wave.

"It's Hyung-Tae, for God's sake and remember to buy me a drink soon!" The football coach called out with a large grin before going back to whatever he was doing.

Sighing a breath of relief, Ju-Yong leaned against the wall of the hallway before looking down at his watch. He'll be off of work in five minutes and he could get some fried-

Wait, his brain stopped him in his tracks as he remembered Bo-Kang inviting him for coffee. The male smiled slightly at the thought before making his way back to the ice skating rink. Ju-Yong was grateful that his storage locker was the one in the ice skating rink, considering there weren't many students who used them compared to other sports facilities in the academy. Making his way into the ice skating rink, he found Bo-Kang talking into phone just before ending the call. He didn't seem too happy though.

"Everything okay, Bo-Kang?" Ju-Yong asked whilst making his way to his locker to grab his things. "You don't feel well?" He found himself asking the male.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

Bo Kang glanced up from the device when heard a familiar voice. “Huh? - yeah, yeah, I’m fine” He sighed softly before sitting up from the bench. “Just messy relationship stuff -- well more like messy breakup stuff,” He mused with the slight shake of his head. “It’s quite dumb. You understand that, right? Who doesn’t...” He lingered there for a few moments, thinking about his previous actions before grabbing his blue and white skating bag.

“Uh… Driving,” He brought up as he approached the male. “I have a car, and we can just go in that.” He found his words quite choppy and awkward, which caused him to momentarily frown. Speaking to Ju Yong was still so foreign, distant and uncomfortable. It was always so difficult to speak to people after being absent from their life for years. But, he supposed he put himself into that situation. He did ask him out for coffee… Platonic, Bo Kang, platonic.

He was trying to remember how he acted when he was younger and around Ju Yong. He wanted to mirror his behavior then but add an adult edge. Unfortunately, as he was remembering he realized that as an adolescent, he glommed on the other. And, he wasn’t about to stand so close to him that he could hear his breath or anything even close to that. Why was teenage him so annoying?

But, how was he any different from his teenage years? He’s probably worse now. He didn’t understand why Ju Yong wasn’t even remotely angry at him. Sure, the elder’s personality was sickeningly sweet, but there was still enough room for fury. It left Bo Kang puzzled. How was there no anger? He had done a horrible act to the other, yet he didn’t yell at him or even show any sign of negativity. He was too forgiving. Makomin Makomin

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]As he stuffed his things into his backpack, Lee Ju-Yong found himself stare into the metal locker at the mention of relationships and breakups. The brunet couldn't help but wonder what many did, the big what if. Ju-Yong wondered where he would be right now, if only the male hadn't up and disappeared off the face of the earth. He wondered whether he would still be ice skating now and whether his motivation for competing, the small spark he had developed for it that day, would it have reignited if only?

Lee Ju-Yong seemed to stare into his locker for a few moments before pulling himself away from such thoughts. It was no use lingering on dreams, he repeated what his father had told him after his suspension from competing was lifted. The small steps between each twirl had become like a rusted motor, slow, the technical skills he had tried so hard to mastered were now dropped down to where he was started. He hated it. He struggled with having his skills deteriorate and he suffered even more at the fact that he decided to give up by himself.

"I've never been good with breakups too. I usually get smacked." The male laughed, trying to bring some lightness onto the topic. Again, Ju-Yong couldn't help but think of what-if's. He kicked himself internally for thinking like that before closing the locker door shut. At the mention of a car, the brunet's eyes lit up, as though he had gotten the car as a gift himself. He was used to taking public transportation. To be able to just drive to a destination was a relief to him.

"Hey, let me drive, would you? You've never seen me drive, right?" The brunet went back to being his cheerful self, pushing all thoughts of negativity away before standing in front of the ice skating instructor. He placed his palms together before rubbing them, begging as he asked rhetorically, "You trust me, don't you? I have my license if you don't believe me."

As though to prove his point, he whipped out his wallet from his pant's pocket before almost shoving the license in the male's face. A photo of Ju-Yong was seen on his driving license. He looked the same as he did even though it was taken almost six years ago.
[/div][/div]

Sin. Bo. Kang

Bo Kang was taken by the request, and he stared at the other with a look of disbelief. “That’s my car,” He said, still trying to fully grasp what Ju Yong had said before a license was pushed in his face. He stepped back due to shock before squinting to read the license. “Fine,” He sighed as he dragged a hand through his hair. “But just don’t fucking crash it or I’ll… I’ll,” He let his voice simmer down, not knowing how to make his threat intimidating.

He swung his bag onto his shoulder. “I actually parked it behind the ice rink, so we can just go through the fire exit,” He paused. “I mean, there’s no alarm that sounds when you open it. I’ve used it before.” So, perhaps that wasn’t the right usage of the emergency exit, but Bo Kang liked being a little rebellious sometimes even if it was elementary.

The instructor began walking towards the exit before halting to reach into his bag for his keys. He pulled the ring of keys and keychains; there were more colorful, bulky keychains hanging on the ring than actual keys. He opened the emergency exit (like a rebel, boss) before pressing the button to unlock the car.

He considered it, refusing to give the keys to Ju Yong, but he couldn’t, he already granted permission to the other. He turned to face the elder before holding the keys out by a Tokyo themed keychain (he acquired from skating related traveling). “Don’t you dare even put a scratch on my car,” He warned. The instructor was reluctant to hand the keys over, but he still caved in and handed them away.

Once his precious keys -- his precious car was out of his hands, he went through the exit to the back parking lot. “My car is right there.” It was one of the only cars parked out there. “It’s the dark green one, next to that god awful, powder blue car.” The further he approached the car, the more the anxiety increased. He could just tell his old friend would be a messy driver; his personality breathed it.

As soon as he was inside of that shiny, clean, in perfect shape car, he clicked his buckle into place. He wanted to smash his head on the dashboard for letting himself let someone, he hasn’t in years, drive her car. Makomin Makomin

Feeling: jesus doesn't need to take the wheel bcauz I AM HEHEHE

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]Messy was an understatement to describe Lee Ju-Yong's driving skills.

It was stress-inducing, anxiety-causing and loads of panics lumped together in one episode of a drive. Though, it was a miracle that the brunet who drove felt nothing about the whole situation, whether it was the honking that have been directed to him, the jerk forward as he suddenly pressed the brake pedal or even when small items fell off the dashboard because he sped up when reaching a turning, instead of slowing down like a normal person.

To most people, it was almost like a death sentence if they were thrown cursed words at or dangerous threats but to Ju-Yong, it was almost like a comedic scene in a movie with music playing in the background as Bo-Kang's curses and threats flew past Ju-Yong's head. "I know, I know. Don't worry about it." He said with a small grin before suddenly slamming the brakes of the car, having found a parking spot that was literally in front of the cafe they were headed to.

The brunet's body jerked forward albeit sharply before he shifted to the reverse gear, successfully parking Bo-Kang's car without a dent or scratch seen. He came out of the car before inspecting the car's exterior. He grinned even wider when there was no damage to be seen, a miracle at the rate he was driving.

He tilted his head in confusion as the ice instructor was still in the car, wondering what he was doing. As such, Ju-Yong took the liberty to open Bo-Kang's passenger door before placing his car keys in his hands, "You take your time, I'll order for us. Make sure to get us a seat."

The brunet then ran off to get them their drinks in the cafe.
[/div][/div]

Last edited:
Sin. Bo. Kang

Was he trying to kill them?! It was probably one of the worst experiences of his short life. And, when the car jerked, he prayed nothing rammed into the bumper of the car. If he didn’t have a seatbelt on, he would’ve flown through the dashboard window. Even long after the car had parked, he couldn’t force his shaken self out of the car. He slowly turned his head as the bright and bubbly Ju Yong opened the door. How was he okay? Did he not realize he almost killed them? Was he that brain dead?

Once Ju Yong was off into the cafe, Bo Kang slammed the car’s door shut. “I am never letting you driving my car ever again,” He bitterly muttered under his breath. The instructor was gaining a stress-induced headache, and he wouldn’t be surprised if he had a stressed-induced seizure. His gaze followed the mess the interior of his car had become. Important papers from the dashboard had fallen to the floor of the car. His poor dancing bunny figurine had been thrown off of the dashboard even though it had a suction cup keeping it in place. He grabbed the little toy and pushed the clear suction back onto the dashboard.

He opened the storage box and pulled out a bottle of aspirin. He opened the medicine bottle, he popped two of them into his mouth before washing them down with water. Perhaps it was an overreaction, but he felt he really needed it after the trauma he just went through.

Finally, after minutes of sitting there, the angry male unbuckled his seatbelt and exited the car. He stared at the exterior of the car, there wasn’t a scratch. He shook his head in disbelief. It made no sense. Ju Yong drove like an old, drunken man after a night at the bar. But, he decided now wasn’t the time to uncover the mystery, so he left the car for the cafe.

He wouldn’t be letting the elder drive them back.

Bo Kang stepped into the cafe and the aroma of coffee filled his nasal cavity. It was a nice scent, but the aspirin hadn’t kicked in yet, so it was rather irritating. He found a little, two-person table by the window and took a seat. Just enjoy your time here. Makomin Makomin

Last edited:

Feeling: jesus doesn't need to take the wheel bcauz I AM HEHEHE

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]As he waited in line to order them their coffees, Ju-Yong couldn't hide the small snicker that had popped up because of the other male's reaction. It was cruel to a certain extent, he knew, as Bo-Kang, even in their past was the clear definition of a worrywart. The brunet remembered the male being slightly flustered once when he had forgotten to bring his gloves that he used for ice skating. Though, Lee Ju-Yong was glad that Bo-Kang was now probably too annoyed or pissed at him to be awkward anymore.

He looked down at his feet in delight, obviously glad at his small plan before it was his turn to order. "One iced coffee with less sugar-" He said before browsing through the featured menu, wondering what he should try, "-a caramel frappuccino without whipped cream and two cream puffs. Having here please." He then handed his card to the cashier before placing it back in his wallet.

-----

Holding the tray in hand, he prayed that he didn't trip midway and that his waiting skills aided him as he balanced the drinks and food on it. Having spotted Bo-Kang by a window seat, he grinned before moving towards the male. Ju-Yong set the plastic cup of iced coffee in front of the black-haired male before the plate of cream puffs made its way in front of him too.

"Iced coffee with less sugar and two cream puffs at your service." Lee Ju-Yong said, not realising he had used his 'waiter' voice before setting his own drink down. He then placed the tray back near the dustbin before taking his seat in front of Sin Bo-Kang.

He was about to take a sip of his own caramel frappuccino when he realised he hadn't actually asked the male in front of him for what he actually wanted. Ju-Yong merely ordered what the male fancied from seven years ago and didn't even think twice about asking.

He felt bad now as he apologised. A hand reaching behind him to rub the back of his own neck, Lee Ju-Yong said, "I'm sorry, Bo-Kang. I should've asked what you wanted. I can go get another drink if you want."

He then pointed at the cream puffs before adding, "You used to like them a lot last time. If you don't want them, you can give them to me. You also took your coffee iced with less sugar but that might have changed too."
[/div][/div]

Last edited:
Sin. Bo. Kang

Bo Kang turned his gaze from the busy main street as he heard what seemed to be a waiter? He blinked in a disgruntled confusion as he realized it was only Ju Yong, the devil. For a moment, he forgot of the dangerous car ride to the cafe as his eyes landed on the puffed pastries set in front of him. After so many years, he still managed to remember, and it caused a small hint of a smile to surface on his features. Perhaps, he could forgive him for almost getting them into a wreck.

“Thank you--” He glanced up from the plate when the other began apologizing for not taking his order -- as if he was some waiter. The instructor quickly waved him off. “I still enjoy these a lot,” He explained. Although it had been a little while since he last bit into a cream puff, that wasn’t on purpose. He simply didn’t have enough time to just sit down and have them. “I’m surprised you remembered, it’s been over seven years.”

The male wasn’t much of an expressive eater. He didn’t make noises or show his satisfaction, he just ate, which could be viewed as quite rude to the chef. Many of his current friends joke that he would be a terrible mukbanger and his mother always expressed how worried she was that he didn’t like her food. But he always has the same response, “I do like food, I just don’t show it.” So that’s why he ate his pastries plainly with no overreactions as most do.

He took his time with his food, going back and forth between the coffee and pastries. But, since the cream puffs weren’t exactly large, per usual, they were gone in no time. He pulled his mouth from the straw from the bitter coffee and took a sneaky peak of Ju Yong before clearing his throat. “Let me pay you back, how much did my thing cost?” He asked as he began reaching for his wallet. Makomin Makomin

Feeling: olololololo he lIKES IT

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]Lee Ju-Yong found himself glancing ever so often at the other male, gauging his response to the pastry puffs as well as the coffee. Though Bo-Kang was a rather blunt and straightforward male, he knew that the ice skating instructor had a small piece of his heart that was softer than anything else, having a preference to not be hurtful to other's feelings if it was something like this. At the male's response, the brunet smiled widely before taking a sip of his caramel frappuccino.

"Well, you never really forget things about someone you cared about." He replied in response to the male before taking a few more sips as he watched the light brown liquid slowly lower in level, having drank up quite a bit. Ju-Yong didn't realise the implication of what he had said. In fact, he only realised so after having thought about it after awhile.

A light pink was dusted on his cheeks, showcasing his embarrassment, however, he said nothing else, figuring it was more embarrassing for him to admit something rather than being asked about it. He cleared his throat and was about to get up and get more tissues when he noted Bo-Kang whipping out his wallet. Waving his hands in front of him as a sign of refusal, the brunet laughed before saying, "Am I a stranger to you, Bo-Kang? It's fine. You can treat me the next time."

He then stuffed his hands into his pockets, realising finally how cold it was-- the fact that he was in a completely air-conditioned cafe while drinking a plastic cup of iced blended coffee. Ju-Yong sure acted like how he looked. "Coffee shops are relaxing. Working in them is considerably more relaxing too, compared to working in a restaurant." He said suddenly, as he glanced back at the baristas who smiled and laughed at each other. Memories of working in the Food and Beverage industry wasn't the best for him.
[/div][/div]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back