• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Sith and Jedi Dynamics? Scratch that Unlikely Friendship/Romance Itch today!

GenericAlias

Confused
Hello hello! I hope you're all doing well this fine morning/evening/afternoon/whenever you find this post!

Just as it says on the title, I'm a major Star Wars fan, with a Sith OC, looking for an RP partner willing to play a Jedi! I've always been a fan of the dynamics that can result between the two groups, what with the juicy grounds for character conflict, divided loyalties, star-crossed lovers stuck on two sides of a raging battlefield... I mean, it's just the perfect setup, no? And the Star Wars universe is such a fertile ground for rp dynamics to play out.

My Sith OC is not, however, your typical Sith lord. In fact... she is remarkably unhappy with her fellow Sith for... some complex personal reasons. Some nice juicy backstory and lore details that I would absolutely love to explain to any lover of the Star Wars canon who might be interested. Needless to say, she's far more willing to co-operate and work alongside Jedi than any of her kin. And perhaps, to let those relationships develop into something more.....?

So yes, I've been itching to get into rping her again for a little while now, and I'm looking for anyone who has a Jedi OC, or perhaps even a canon character (if you can persuade me), that they would like to pit against her! I'm open to a few story ideas, but I have two preferred ones laid out below:

Star Wars The Old Republic - Retold!
If you've ever played the MMORPG SWTOR before, then you'll likely be familiar with its multiple character stories, all of which intersect, overlap, and have interacting and interlocking threads. My OC is a character from one of those class stories in fact! Yet after you finish each class story, frustratingly, there's very little in the way of either inter-class-story interaction, or cross-faction play. So no Sith and Jedi interaction, no interaction between your own characters, nothing. It's a limitation that doesn't hurt the game... but it does leave so much to be explored.

So if you happen to know SWTOR, and even better, have a Jedi character from SWTOR you'd be willing to play against my Sith, I'd be absolutely over the moon. I would love to see the overlapping story threads start to intertwine, collide, intersect, and unravel. I would love to see the interactions of these two characters as they soldier against the onset of a new galactic war, and find themselves thrust together, torn apart, undone and remade all over again, time after time. The drama. The angst. The storytelling potential.

This is my preferred option, since my Sith is very much a part of the Star Wars universe at the time of SWTOR. This does not mean I won't be happy to accept other characters, just that I'd prioritise characters who come from this universe. However, if you have no knowledge of SWTOR, there is another story idea I can happily posit to you...

The Sith Out of Time:
If you're looking for a star wars setting a little closer to the canon timeline, or perhaps just closer to the movies, or the Clone Wars, or more familiar ground, then perhaps I can interest you in a stasis storyline? Perhaps your character, searching for secrets, hiding from the newly formed Empire, or on some Jedi quest, stumbles upon a strange, sith-marked coffin, deep within some hidden tomb. And to their immense surprise, the moment they open it, out pops a Sith who's been locked in stasis for some 4,000 years!

What? Unrealistic? Oh come on! It's Star Wars! Stranger things have happened.

And besides, the storytelling beats you can get from this are fantastic. My OC is suddenly trapped in a time she doesn't recognise, her understanding of the galaxy horrendously out of date, facing a world she is unable to fully conceptualise. The dynamics that can be created out of this scenario, alongside the usual Sith/Jedi antics, are so rich they could rival Jeff Bezos.

So if you'd prefer something a little closer to canon, or you're just unfamiliar with SWTOR, its characters, or its world, just ask me for the Sith out of Time! I'd be happy to give you a shot!

Other Options:
Of course, if you have your own ideas as to how to frame a story between a Sith and Jedi, I'm absolutely all ears! Perhaps you have your own prompts in mind, perhaps you have some other framing device that could work well. Maybe a new setting, maybe an alternate dimension, there are any number of different ways an rp like this could go. If you have an idea, please feel free to contact me, and I'll be all ears!

Details:
If any of this catches your interest, please feel free to shoot me through a message! I don't have a strictly defined schedule, although I tend to try and produce at least one reply a day. Communication is also key for me, and I love to discuss lore, character dynamics, and story tidbits, so please don't hesitate to message me!

In terms of writing requirements, I would prefer a partner with some descriptive skill. I tend to write between 4-5 paragraphs, though depending on the pace of the RP, personal preference, and similar factors, this number can go up or down. I don't have any strict limits in terms of post length, but I would prefer at least 3-5 lines a response. But I don't want to place any expectations on matching my post length - I can become a little long-winded, or a little over-descriptive, and I don't want to pressure anyone!

And that's the last of my spiel! If you've read all this, and you're still interested, then feel free to shoot me through a message so we can discuss more! Come to me with ideas, characters, maybe even just a rough roadmap, and we can see what sticks! And whether you found this prompt interesting or not, I hope you have a good day, and that you all find the chats and rps you're looking for!

Last edited:
Hey! If you're still looking, I love SWTOR and I'm also particularly interested in dynamics between Jedi and Sith and I love the concept of the different class stories being able to interact! I have not worked out how this forum works yet so I'm not sure how to message yet, but if you're still interested then just let me know and I'll try to work out how to navigate things haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back