What's new

News & Updates Site Update (Friday: 1/19/2018)

Hey All,

The big site update is finally upon us. We’ve been preparing since last year ever since xF2 came out to developers in Alpha. The software has been in release (Gold) for a little bit now as we finished stabilizing.
For those of you who don’t know, RpNation is powered by the xenforo software and they released a new Version 2 which is faster, more efficient and easier to code for. Needless to say, this will make adding new features, including many you guys have been wanting to return or to become available for a long time, much easier to implement or re-implement in the long run. This will also likely make it easier to update and maintain the site as a whole. We’re all very excited about it. :D
We will be doing the site upgrade on January 19th. Sometime between 3-6pm (eastern) is when I will begin and the site will be down for about 1-3 hours as most of the prep work was done before hand. Most of the wait time will be waiting for the upgrade script to update the software.

This update will come with several new features:
  • Roleplay Tabs (The ability to link roleplay threads together)
  • Post Macros (The ability to save and repost content in the editor with the click of a button)
  • All Account menus simplified.
  • Hosted Project Improvements
  • More Ratings (Different types of likes based on the section you are viewing)
  • Editor Improvements (Things like inserted links, bbcode mode and much more).
  • Light Style refreshed
  • Dark Style Refreshed
  • New BBCodes by Lyro Lyro
  • Way too many things to list here.

Interrupted Features:

These features will not immediately work after the update but don’t worry, your data is not lost. If you want to save something, go ahead before Friday.
  • Bookmarks (You won’t be able to immediately see your bookmarks list but it will start working again in the foreseeable future).
  • Dice (Same as Bookmarks)
  • Threadmarks (Same as Bookmarks)
  • Color Me Style (we are working on a replacement, the developers of those styles have not released color pickers again)
  • Medals (We are relocating medals to a master page where anyone can see who has what medal until we can move it back to profiles.
Removed Features:

This is an older feature that does not have a replacement currently but we are working on it.
  • Covers (This is the image you stick in the top of your profile).

Notes:
  • Our discord will remain open during this process.
  • Proper guides and announcements about all the new features and bbcodes will be released after the site is upgraded.
  • Update your iOS and Android apps, updates have been pushed to the app stores to prepare for this update.
  • If you have questions or concerns please post below :).

Thanks to Lyro Lyro for being a huge help over the last year and moving over our entire BBCode Library over to xF2 and for all the new upcoming bbcodes he has created. None of this would have been possible with out him, our resident Lord of the Dance BBCode and the rest of our amazing staff. @Administrator & @Moderator team and the rest of the community for making my job worth it.

<3

-Wizard

Fuzz

Scavenger
I seemed to Have miss placed my Hype cannon firing codes.... I may ne- Nah nope found em. may take a few post before she is charged up though.

Axeykins

Humanoid Typhoon
Just making sure to check/get clarified in case I missed it in reading. (bit blind without my glasses and too lazy to get them right now. XD) will rps be left alright? or would we have to do the whole making them into a hosted project or getting forums together again?

Fuzz

Scavenger
with more posts being posted, and the hype levels increasing, the hype-cannon fires, spreading hype throughout all

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Just making sure to check/get clarified in case I missed it in reading. (bit blind without my glasses and too lazy to get them right now. XD) will rps be left alright? or would we have to do the whole making them into a hosted project or getting forums together again?

Everything is fine.

Angel_Fox

Angelicly Emo Rainbow
Okay can someone dumb it down for me because I’m kinda confused. Things are changing... so now I have to re-get used to the site?? Is that what I’m reading?

enzerubebii

The rebel that loves to roleplay and craft
  • Roleplay Tabs (The ability to link roleplay threads together) FINALLY HOLY RAYQUAZA!
  • Post Macros (The ability to save and repost content in the editor with the click of a button) Okay this might be helpful
  • All Account menus simplified....*curious*
  • Light Style refreshed (wants ombre style so they can have a pastel option then BLEH)
  • Dark Style Refreshed
  • New BBCodes by Lyro Lyro *Claps for them cause she cant code*

Interrupted Features:

These features will not immediately work after the update but don’t worry, your data is not lost. If you want to save something, go ahead before Friday.
  • Bookmarks (You won’t be able to immediately see your bookmarks list but it will start working again in the foreseeable future). *mentally screaming but hopes this is a quick fix*
  • Color Me Style (we are working on a replacement, the developers of those styles have not released color pickers again)
  • Medals (We are relocating medals to a master page where anyone can see who has what medal until we can move it back to profiles.
Removed Features:

This is an older feature that does not have a replacement currently but we are working on it.
Alright if you getting rid of covers then we should have a background to let us express ourselves. Our profile is our face in the community. And can we have stickers? Like the more our rps behave the guidelines by keeping it pg-13 and stuff the more stickers we get for said profiles?

Angel_Fox

Angelicly Emo Rainbow
  • Roleplay Tabs (The ability to link roleplay threads together) FINALLY HOLY RAYQUAZA!
  • Post Macros (The ability to save and repost content in the editor with the click of a button) Okay this might be helpful
  • All Account menus simplified....*curious*
  • Light Style refreshed (wants ombre style so they can have a pastel option then BLEH)
  • Dark Style Refreshed
  • New BBCodes by Lyro Lyro *Claps for them cause she cant code*

Interrupted Features:

• Bookmarks (You won’t be able to immediately see your bookmarks list but it will start working again in the foreseeable future). *mentally screaming but hopes this is a quick fix*
Removed Features:

Alright if you getting rid of covers then we should have a background to let us express ourselves. Our profile is our face in the community. And can we have stickers? Like the more our rps behave the guidelines by keeping it pg-13 and stuff the more stickers we get for said profiles?

Thank you. I figure you basically reiterated what was stated earlier but for some reason it make more sense now.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator

We are not getting rid of it by choice, we will be working on some alternatives, will post more about that after the update :).

Users who are viewing this thread