Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

The site rules/courtesy guidelines/roleplay rights and other anything else were collapsed into what is now known as the official site rules.

Change log:

• Several guidelines were made into rules 6, 7. Remaining guidelines were made into subpoints of other rules.
  • Roleplay Rights was made site rule number 8.
  • Plenty of Grammatical fixes and simplifying of the definitions of several rules
  • Erotic Content Rule was updating with some explanation on Extreme Gore as well.

We hope this makes it easier for users to have their questions answered instead of having to hunt for several threads.

As always if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to post below.

You can find the updated rules here: INFO - Official Site Rules | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two questions about the rules.

First, should two people be in a conversation, and one of asks for spoilers, would the one requested to post the spoilers still be required to use the spoiler BB code?

Second, could not someone under the age of 13 simply choose an age older than their own during account creation? How will the staff find out that they are under the age of 13 unless they either admit it, or behave in a certain manner? Even if one were to say they are actually below the age of 13, they could be lying or joking about it, so it may be hard to tell.

Verdas said:
First, should two people be in a conversation, and one of asks for spoilers, would the one requested to post the spoilers still be required to use the spoiler BB code?
We don't police PMs unless they are reported.

Verdas said:
Second, could not someone under the age of 13 simply choose an age older than their own during account creation? How will the staff find out that they are under the age of 13 unless they either admit it, or behave in a certain manner? Even if one were to say they are actually below the age of 13, they could be lying or joking about it, so it may be hard to tell.
Then they are really good liars,not much to be done. You'd be surprised how many users below 13 accidentally admit it

I have a question regarding the rules of advertising, is it allowed to post links in signatures to other websites that contain artwork of the user that posted it? I can see it falling under the rule of not advertising to gain a fan base, even though most of all artwork in said galleries has been reposted in these forums as well.

[QUOTE="Lord-Leafar]I have a question regarding the rules of advertising, is it allowed to post links in signatures to other websites that contain artwork of the user that posted it? I can see it falling under the rule of not advertising to gain a fan base, even though most of all artwork in said galleries has been reposted in these forums as well.

[/QUOTE]
Deviant Art and that kind of stuff is normally find, the rules have always been there, just were put into one thread instead of like 4.

The main issue is like for example trying to take people to another RP site.

Users are not allowed to belittle or demean another user for their actions. Staff members are here to deal with that.
lol, that makes it sound like the staff are here to belittle us.

Fear the staff! They are coming for your sense of security!

10/10 would quote mine again -ign

ferociousfeind said:
lol, that makes it sound like the staff are here to belittle us.
Fear the staff! They are coming for your sense of security!

10/10 would quote mine again -ign
Would you please not make out of context implications of that nature. The rule you quoted is to prevent users creating a negative environment for others.

Captain Hesperus

What is considered extreme gore? can my characters not lose a limb?

Or is extreme gore, really detailed...like beheading for example?

I'm a bit confused on that.

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]Would you please not make out of context implications of that nature. The rule you quoted is to prevent users creating a negative environment for others.
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
DX That's the horror of quote-mining.

RegalWindstar said:
What is considered extreme gore? can my characters not lose a limb?
Or is extreme gore, really detailed...like beheading for example?

I'm a bit confused on that.
As the rules state, RpNation does not allow extreme descriptions of gore or violence.

What this means is that yes, it's alright for a character to lose a limb - but it's not okay to describe the flesh tearing, the arteries snapping... etc.

Seriously...?

You guys revised the gore limitations..?

*facedesk followed by exasperated sigh*

End of an era on that one...

Alas, this takes so much of the description I'm allowed to do within the sub-genre's I enjoy and puts it into a cage...

No amount of explaining why it was done justifies it either, it's a terrible move, in my opinion, But it's not my job to make such decisions, and the opinion of a single person is rarely valued.

Kazanna said:
Seriously...?
You guys revised the gore limitations..?

*facedesk followed by exasperated sigh*

End of an era on that one...

Alas, this takes so much of the description I'm allowed to do within the sub-genre's I enjoy and puts it into a cage...

No amount of explaining why it was done justifies it either, it's a terrible move, in my opinion, But it's not my job to make such decisions, and the opinion of a single person is rarely valued.
It actually didn't change. We never allowed imagery or overly gruesome depictions of 'snuff.'

EDIT: Virtually none of the rules 'changed.' For the most part, they were merely rewritten to be more cohesive and organized, but there were very few actual revisions to the core rules themselves.

Hmm i'm not to bothered about the rules there fine it's just i knda agree with @Kazanna

I mean gore limits? But what is Extreme gore excactly ?

And my last question, is why did the rule's actually change?

any way i accept them and i'm sure i will find it quite easy to obey these simple rules.

Thankyou

- @Lilliana

Lilliana said:
Hmm i'm not to bothered about the rules there fine it's just i knda agree with @Kazanna
I mean gore limits? But what is Extreme gore excactly ?

And my last question, is why did the rule's actually change?

any way i accept them and i'm sure i will find it quite easy to obey these simple rules.

Thankyou

- @Lilliana
They were simplified.

Don't use graphic in real life photography, I think that is fair and simple.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]They were simplified.
Don't use graphic in real life photography, I think that is fair and simple.

[/QUOTE]
Okay thankyou

Alright! No horrible nightmares! :D (that was supposed to be a joke.... •~•)

Well, a simplification of the rules should be exceedingly helpful. Thanks!

And wow... Every time an event or announcement like this happens, I'm stunned by the thought of how much effort from all the administrators and users of that awesome official type must have been put into this. So, to all the people who contributed to the rewriting, thanks! (And now I feel extremely over-formal. :\ )

Ooh, and might I just take this moment to mention, @Mordecai, DANG your art is awesome! Is there any specific illustration program or hardware that you use? I mean... I can't get over how cool that is.

Graphic tablets.... Would you have any (inexpensive) recommendations? Mousepads don't blend well with me.

Spazzycat101 said:
Graphic tablets.... Would you have any (inexpensive) recommendations? Mousepads don't blend well with me.
I'll shoot you a PM after work. ^__^ this thread probably isn't the place to chat about it.

Mordecai said:
I'll shoot you a PM after work. ^__^ this thread probably isn't the place to chat about it.
Thanks!

And now that you've mentioned it... I realize this is derailing. >.>

Mordecai said:
It actually didn't change. We never allowed imagery or overly gruesome depictions of 'snuff.'
EDIT: Virtually none of the rules 'changed.' For the most part, they were merely rewritten to be more cohesive and organized, but there were very few actual revisions to the core rules themselves.
Er... I'm not talking snuff persey, I'm talking generalized gore. Used to be we could describe things as in detail as we wanted so long as it didn't involve anything relating to sex. It was one of the things that sort of set this site apart from most of the others out there, As long as we faded to black with anything adult in regards to "romance" we could go all out with violence. It was something I bluntly asked the old admins and the mods, and was confirmed time and again. So to claim that the rules were merely rewritten to be more cohesive and organized is a very political thing to say, but bluntly put, It's not quite true.

Kazanna said:
Er... I'm not talking snuff persey, I'm talking generalized gore. Used to be we could describe things as in detail as we wanted so long as it didn't involve anything relating to sex. It was one of the things that sort of set this site apart from most of the others out there, As long as we faded to black with anything adult in regards to "romance" we could go all out with violence. It was something I bluntly asked the old admins and the mods, and was confirmed time and again. So to claim that the rules were merely rewritten to be more cohesive and organized is a very political thing to say, but bluntly put, It's not quite true.
As an admin, I'm telling you you are welcome to write gore in detail. However, if it's extreme, please put it in a spoiler with a clearly visible alert for people to decide whether or not they wish to read. Photographic imagery of gore using real images is what we have issues with. Furthermore, if everything you're writing is snuff material, we may reach out to you and ask you to turn it down a notch.

See, that's far more understandable then the way it's written now, (which is grammatically filled with errors.) I tend to write a lot of fight scenes that lead to a lot of gory scenes. I've toned it down lately because I've been noticing... changes.

I don't use pictures for that sort of thing. Just not my kick.

However, If I have to put in harder details to anything I'll do it in spoilers from this point forward.

*raises hand* I have a question about the advertising thing. What if a new user comes to RPN looking for... I dunno... erotic roleplays but they find out they aren't allowed? Could I not send them to a site where erotic stuff is allowed in a PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread