• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Site Announcement?

Cold Ramen Noodles

This account is closed.
Hey, just making a quick suggestion. Due to a question I saw earlier, I remembered how the last read date is still being wonky. Not a big issue at all. :) It's so minuscule that I actually forgot about it. But until that gets fixed, perhaps it would be nice to let the whole site know in an announcement that the settings for it is backwards? Meaning, having it set on show last read date actually makes it not visible and having it set to not show means that it will show your partner that. (At least, I think this is still the case.)

I think an accouterments would be nice because I know a lot of people like to have their privacy and like to respond to things in due time without their partner knowing when they last read the message. I think some people might not even know that their last read date is being shown because they might have it set not to show.

Just throwing this out there. Thank you for reading.

A site announcement would be most effective when it is first created. It would serve no differently than the relative question threads that already exist in the forums. Since a portion of the community already knows about the bug, and most of that population is willing to inform of such, I don't really find it necessary to create an additional, sitewide announcement. A majority of the nation complains about mass site notifications anyway. xD And, as you stated, it's not a very large issue at this time.

Okay. I was just wanting to make sure that everybody had a chance to know. Because I did have a few partners who were unaware that I was able to see the time that they had read my message. Just looking out for people's privacy. Thanks for the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back